Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

AMD Crashing thread

123457»

Comments

• R3C0N54
    19 postsPosts: 43 Community Manager
    edited September 2017
    Hey everyone. This should be it with this issue. AMD has finally released a new driver that should correct this! Thank you all for being patient with us on this issue. It's been kinda hard not giving you guys proper updates during the investigation of the issue. And to everyone who has sent me DXDiags in both post and DMs, Thank you! Those are what really help get this solved. Hope to see all on the frontier.

Latest AMD Driver:
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.9.1-Release-Notes.aspx
  • bS0Ni
    3 postsPosts: 3
    R3C0N54 wrote: »
    Hey everyone. This should be it with this issue. AMD has finally released a new driver that should correct this! Thank you all for being patient with us on this issue. It's been kinda hard not giving you guys proper updates during the investigation of the issue. And to everyone who has sent me DXDiags in both post and DMs, Thank you! Those are what really help get this solved. Hope to see all on the frontier.

Latest AMD Driver:
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.9.1-Release-Notes.aspx

That would be awesome. Could you give us a little bit of insight what caused the problem?
  • If this is the fix I will be so happy omg
  • amd has released a brand new driver which actually fixes this bug ... AMD’s Crimson ReLive 17.9.1
    download it guys and lets play some frontier defence finally!!!!
  • No more crashes since the update.
    MAYBE I'll buy titanfall three, maybe.

Still, this issue was handled horrendously. I don't care what the excuse is.
    In the future, I would strongly advise being in touch with the community AT ALL as opposed to being 5 months late to the issue in the first place, and then say nothing between a vague initial thread and a solution.
    It's bad management.
    You want to see how to interact with your community, look at how warframe does it. It's not hard to keep people informed ESPECIALLY on issues like this.
    Even if it took another YEAR to fix this ****, I would have been happier if you guys gave us monthly progress updates rather than just have us sit here thinking your company literally doesn't give a **** whatsoever. Which is how it looked to almost everyone ALL THE WAY UP TO THE FIX.
    I legitimately thought I was dreaming when I saw this update because I had abandoned hope many, many months ago.

What the **** would you have done if it affected a more widespread line of GPUs? Ignored it with zero updates for a year? Scary thought.
  • hakushyo
    7 postsPosts: 8

Latest AMD Driver:

Thanks finally can play in peace.... T . T .... i did a test run with ronin and equipped highlander and 20% core and try to do core as much as possible.... havent have any problems yet... thank you r3con54
  • No more crashes since the update.
    MAYBE I'll buy titanfall three, maybe.

Still, this issue was handled horrendously. I don't care what the excuse is.
    In the future, I would strongly advise being in touch with the community AT ALL as opposed to being 5 months late to the issue in the first place, and then say nothing between a vague initial thread and a solution.
    It's bad management.
    You want to see how to interact with your community, look at how warframe does it. It's not hard to keep people informed ESPECIALLY on issues like this.
    Even if it took another YEAR to fix this ****, I would have been happier if you guys gave us monthly progress updates rather than just have us sit here thinking your company literally doesn't give a **** whatsoever. Which is how it looked to almost everyone ALL THE WAY UP TO THE FIX.
    I legitimately thought I was dreaming when I saw this update because I had abandoned hope many, many months ago.

What the **** would you have done if it affected a more widespread line of GPUs? Ignored it with zero updates for a year? Scary thought.

Bruh chill out, sure it was annoying but man take some friggin muscle relaxers lmao.
  • ylterces-reltih
    9 postsPosts: 9
    edited September 2017
    hakushyo wrote: »

Latest AMD Driver:

Thanks finally can play in peace.... T . T .... i did a test run with ronin and equipped highlander and 20% core and try to do core as much as possible.... havent have any problems yet... thank you r3con54

Strange, ive noticed my GPU temps idling at 40-43c now in MSI afterburner after 17.9.1 update, before they idled around 30-34c
  • mkthunderwd
    8 postsPosts: 13
    edited September 2017
    (rescinded & posted elsewhere; there doesn't seem to be a way to delete a post)
  • R3C0N54
    I am also getting this error/crash.

Why are some saying this is a GPU relate bug?
    There was a problem processing game logic.
    Please try again.

------
    lobby/sh_lobby.gnut #251
    [UI] Persistent data not available for client #0.

This time I was doing a second round in the pilot's gauntlet when it occurred. I was throwing an arc grenade very close to when the crash happened.

Can this be repro'd? If so add it to the Bug forums, this looks to be a different issue.
  • R3C0N54 wrote: »

Latest AMD Driver:

;) Thanks
  • DarthFK
    5 postsPosts: 6
    I am not sure 19.7.1 is it. Not in my case, though it is a bit more complicated. Here:

1. I played TF2 on my Asus strix oc R9 390 without a glitch until July, when I got a stock priced RX580 (with miners it was a miracle). With RX580 also did not have a single glitch.

2. However, as it turned out I had a radiator mild rust issue with that R9 390. That wasn't a miracle. I sent the R9 to Asus RMA. A couple of days ago Asus finally sent me a R9 390 card back - not sure if it's the original one or a replacement, as the serial number is different (did they change it during because of repair or sent a different card? Need to figure out yet). So, yesterday I wanted to check the RMAed R9 390, took out the RX580, used AMDcelan utility to remove existing Radeon drivers, installed r9 390, installed Radeon 17.9.1 for that card and played. On my second game it FROZE. Today it froze on 3rd, 4th game and then in game start menu even.

3. I decided to reinstall 17.9.1 via a clean install, just in case. But TF2 froze again.

4. Then I used AMD clean uninstall utility to remove 17.9.1 and PC self-installed, after boot, before I entered the account password (I am the admin), the Radeon 17.1.1. I tried TF2 with it and it froze in menu, while connecting to game.

5. I then clean uninstalled again, disconnected from net, and installed whql 17.7.7. Same problem - froze on game menu startup.

6. Then I clean uninstalled it again and reinstalled 17.9.1. I also checked/repaired the game files via Origin. And it still freezes my TF2 constantly, in game or even in menu before the game.

7. To check that the issue is not with the card itself, after these repairs, I just played Crysis 3 campaign and it's ok, but on TF2 I am freezing in Menu, when simply connecting to match(!!!) sometimes, not even in game, and I also crash in game, if I am lucky to pass the menu.

Since I checked that R9 390 actually seems to work, I might reinstall the RX580 and see if the problem persists, but before I do that, I would want to solve the current issue, to be sure all is ok with my card.

Any ideas?

Video Card: Asus Strix OC R9 390 8Gb
    Currently installed Video Card Driver: 17.9.1
    Processor: i5 2500k @4.2Ghz
    Memory: 8Gb DDR3 xmp 800Ghz, cl9
    DXDiag: mediafire.com/file/7u7ukaiddeqsi9g/DxDiag.txt

MTFBWY
    DarthFK
  • Last couple of days it had been crashing consistently for me
    Might be to early to tell
    but just played 3 full games on frontier on different maps, medium and hard, and played monarch on 2 of those maps
    plus played in full screen mode
    and

no crash so far with this update

selected clean install, update takes awhile, after pc restarted ,thought it had stopped
    but it did take awhile, to pop up and continue the installation.
  • DarthFK
    Reseated the card. Played one round and all is well. Will report later if this was the problem:)
  • DarthFK
    Ok. So not all was well. The Asus R9 390 that I had originally (which had mild rust spot on the copper tube) did not have any crashes in TF2. The R9 390 I have received as RMA from ASUS turned out to be NOT my card that I sent them for repair. They replaced it with another one. So, with all my efforts, drivers cleaning and latest drivers the replacement still froze on TF2. But then it turned out that it also froze my Crysis3 and Section8 Prejudice.

I replaced this RMAed R9 390 with my RX580 (with which I also didn't problems in TF2 before), installed latest drivers and all is running smooth as butter.

So, it seems, in my case it was not the driver, but a defective card Asus sent me. Really sad about such a quality control, it created a lot of confusion and now I need to send them the card back etc, this repair drags since August 1 (actually July 27).

Ok, so, hopefully, you don't have any problems with drivers! GL&HF!
  • THANK YOU! It works.
  • Sigh, now i cant even play through the campaign again, 'there was an error processing game logic" never had that happen before and now it is, one problem after another...
  • I haven't played Titanfall 2 at all pretty must since a little bit after the problem started just because it was unplayable for me. After hearing of this fix I got pretty excited so I installed the new driver but now I can't even run the game. I tried repairing it in origin but it still won't launch. I don't even see it running in task manager. RIP me.
  • Ceyly
    36 postsPosts: 39
    Is it.. actually fixed? People here are talking about other problems now..
    I´ll step over my hatred for a day and try it out, simply cause for half a year now i couldn´t find a shooter that i like as much as TF..

The way this was handled doesn´t deserve a thank you even if it´s done finally. Just wanted that to be said, and i hope words spread further and further about the support here. Cause it´s worse than non-existent.
  • Brahmin84
    36 postsPosts: 36
    Thank You Respawn. I'm able to play without crashes
  • Nandru85
    15 postsPosts: 16
    I had it again, yersterday. Same Design time bug, only this time, it happened in the lobby, not even a match. 17.9.1, Sapphire R7 370
  • R3C0N54
    Update your driver and then let me know if it still happens.