Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

AMD Crashing thread

Comments

• NeooNGaminG
    4 postsPosts: 4
    i have got the same crashing issue with my r9 390 crash time is random but mostly it happens while sonar pulse is active and i am piloting a titan.. screen just freezes and a notification appears saying "Default radeon wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure"
    last night i wasn't even been able to complete a single match...
    FIX this respawn its not gona work that way !! :( ( ( (
  • PaxtonPhetel
    2 postsPosts: 2
    edited August 2017
    Cool, I hope they get on that fast and fix it for all 5000 viewers of this thread.
    The issue is caused by the coding in this game causing a memory leak when combined with AMD drivers, this is after Frontier Mode was introduced.
    I don't know if AMD actually has a fix or can do anything about it.

The Queues are so long, probably the result of players not playing due to this error. I tried everything in this thread, borderless, turn down graphics, turn up graphics all the way, use low resolution, turned off all sound. I uploaded all of my dxdiag earlier and reinstalled drivers over and over. Nope, it's still leaking memory somewhere and causing GPU to hang just long enough for drivers to fully shut down, which causes the crash message of 'DxDiag Hung'.

I hope all of us get some form of free items as a result of not being able to play Titanfall 2 for months.
  • Nandru85
    15 postsPosts: 16
    For me, this bug has been happening long before FD update, way back to the colony update (same error message)
  • AurumWeaver
    1 postsPosts: 2
    I can't play anymore, since 90% of my games end up crashing. Earlier, it waited just long enough for me to lose the game, and THEN crashed. I can't bear this **** anymore, so I'm leaving the game until someone at Respawn decides to do something about it.

We've been enduring this for weeks, if not months... I get that a few months after launch a game-breaking bug that well-known can be hard to trace, but almost a year after? Come on! It's not a glitch, it's a hard crash that makes it almost impossible to play, nevermind with friends...
  • phuongpvo
    1 postsPosts: 1
    I'm using AMD R9 270x - sofware version: 16.10.3
    2017e9713e4a-b9f0-4c21-95df-88f426cca23f.png
    ~80% Crash in: Last Titan Standing + Frontier defense game mode
    ~40% Crash in: Crash site map
    ~30 % Crash when combat with 3-4 other Titan around.
    ~10% Crash : the rest game mode
    Others version: Crash randomly
  • Nandru85
    15 postsPosts: 16
    I stopped raging and cursing playing the game all together. Is sad, because I REALLY LIKE the gameplay...
  • Looks like there is a new amd update. It doesn't say anything about Titanfall but I'll give it a try anyways.
  • ahocap
    9 postsPosts: 11
    if R3C0N54 says true, problem is AMD driver.

AMD released Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.8.2 at 8/24.

anybody can try 17.8.2 ?
  • NeooNGaminG
    4 postsPosts: 4
    i have installed the lastet amd driver which is 17.8.2 and guess what !!!
    crashes have become more frequent.. now it crashes after every 5 mins...
  • Tried the lastest driver.

1080p with adaptive fps thing = I couldn't play, so lately I was able to play with 720p and the adaptive fps turned off (playing means that i can play atleast 1 game without crashing).

This morning I installed the lastest drivers and changed my settings like it needs to be; native resolution and adaptive fps on and etc.. Played one game, no crashes so far. But I need to play a couple matches and see whether it crashes or not.
  • MadAndBadComrade
    7 postsPosts: 8
    edited August 2017
    I'm the guy who posted the Tdi delay stuff before.
    I also installed the latest AMD drivers.
    I can, occasionally get up to 4 rounds in before a crash now. So it's better than before.
    However, 50% of the time it crashes a few minutes into the first round of a game.
    So it's still borderline unplayable.

Go play warframe intead, the PVP is great and its free.

To Respawn:
    Perhaps updating the people affected by this issue, so much as even "We haven't resolved anything yet but here's how hard we're working on it" would mean more than just another year of neglect.

• Hadronns
    Hello, I've the same problem....

My game crash after about 2 or 3 games (1h) and back to my desktop without error message !

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
    Currently installed Video Card Driver: 22.19.162.4
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 8Cpus 4Ghz
    Memory: 8192Mb
    DXDiag: send MP

Thanks
  • Radu3131
    Video Card: AMD Radeon R9 280x
    Currently installed Video Card Driver: 17.30.1041
    Processor: i5-6600k
    Memory: 16GB

Screen freeze crash...often...1 of 2 games at least (multiplayer)
  • Ladylisp
    edited August 2017
    Video Card: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Currently installed Video Card Driver: Version 17.7.2

Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2600K [email protected] 3.40GHz

Memory: 16GB

DXDiag: Send in pm

How long does it take to crash?
    I had the same crashing problem at the release of the game, but then AMD did an update 16.10.2 (as mentioned here http://www.tomshardware.com/news/titanfall-2-amd-driver-crash,32941.html ) that fixed the issue back then. Then later on after a DLC update (maybe it was colony?) ever since that DLC i have kept on crashing.

It is very random, sometimes it can take hours until i get a crash and sometimes i crash the moment i start playing. Sometimes i crash literally EVERY game, other times i only crash once in a full day.

The crash itself is a screen freeze and then i click esc (nothing happens) then ctrl, alt + del and open the task manager and my game will turn into a white screen. OBS! this is in windowed mode. if i run the game in fullscreen mode the game freezes and will not let me open anything or change window to anything different, like task manager so i can kill it.
  • NN0VAA
    WORKAROUND
    Lowering the resolution to 720p worked for me, no more crashes!
    Normally I had a crash/freeze at round 3 or 4 of frontier defense.
  • VaaL-BP
    2 postsPosts: 2
    It looks like this issue was solved for me after last Origin/Titanfall2 update.
    I was able to finish two frontier defence games in a row. Before that i was not able to finish even one.
  • ahocap
    play hard mode or master mode, still crash.

Congraturation AMD users !

Add 5min penalty suspend time for mid game leaver , and AMD crash.

block playable test, ignore forum report, and wait uninstall.

problem solved.

Its perfect, and really KRABER solution.
  • deadinholly
    Cpu: i5 4670k 4,5 GHZ
    Ram 8GB 2133mhz ddr3
    GPU: RX 580 8GB aorus xtr
    SSD 840 evo
    MB:Asrock z87m pro

Crasher every 5 minutes - sometimes hangs only for a moment - in most cases it crashes definitevly will all known drivers.
  • i think devs dont care about there AMD fan base so just un install it and never trust Respawn again!!
  • Sapphire R9 270
    Alwais freez. Some times i can play 2 match but the 3 freez.
    I tune down my card and this is why i can play but without it first match is freez.

Some times NVidia users also getting this problem. So Respawn fix your game pls!
  • HeathenUp
    Video Card: 2 sapphire R9 fury crossfire
    Currently installed Video Card Driver: 17.8.2
    Processor: i7 5820k @ 3.80ghz
    Memory: 24GB

So far I've played 4 hours of frontier defense with zero crashes by changing the target temps in crimson software to about 50c (default was set to 85c) played around with higher temps but 50c to 64c gives me the best outcome. Seems odd any other game runs fine with default fan curves for example overwatch, destiny 2 beta, battlefield etc. but changing the titanfall 2 profile target temps did help. Does get a bit loud when fans ramp up but better then crashing every 3rd round. Hope this helps somewhat. As far as game settings I'm running it at 1080p max settings with average fps of about 158.
  • i think devs dont care about there AMD fan base so just un install it and never trust Respawn again!!

Thats a **** statement to make, I've tried with a gtx 960 and I still crash, pretty much anyone else I've talked to that use NVIDIA cards crash constantly also.
  • Decayuss
    edited September 2017
    Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
    Currently installed Video Card Driver: 17.8.1
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor
    Memory: 3072 MB
    DXDiag: (Mind sending me instructions on how to run that and I'll send it in PMs?)

Aside from that, I've had a LONG history of crashes with this game, through multiple driver updates. And the worst part about it is it's completely random. At first I thought it was some kind of graphics card getting overloaded problem, until I've been having crashes after the most trivial moments, like reloading inside of a building. More often than not, it happens during a Titan melee. Anyways, another bad part about it is it gives me 0 errors or anything. The game merely freezes, and then ceases to respond.

And again, I've gone through multiple drivers with my graphics card through this.
  • ahocap
    173 crash report and 3month and still silence.

look at Titanfall 2 system minimum requirement.

AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB

surprise. titanfall2 officialy support AMD series.

........fraud?
  • Getting this in-game error:

"Lobby/sh_lobby.gnut #251
    [UI] Persistant data not available for client #0"

Video Card: MSI R9 390 8G (x2 running Crossfire on the AMD Official TitanFall2 Crossfire Profile)

Currently installed Video Card Driver: Display Adapter Driver - 22.19.673.0, ReLive Version - 17.8.2

Processor: Intel i7-4770k CPU @ 3.50Ghz (8 CPUs)

Memory: 16384MB RAM (2 x 8GB RAM STICKS), 16GB total, each running at 1333Mhz

OS: Windows 10 (64 bit), Version 1703, OS Build 15063.540

DXDiag:

|
    >
    Diagnostics

Windows Error Reporting:
    +++ WER0 +++:
    Fault bucket 129395739796, type 5
    Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: Titanfall2.exe
    P2: 1.0.0.0
    P3: 10.0.15063.2.0.0
    P4:
    P5:
    P6:
    P7:
    P8:
    P9:
    P10:

+++ WER1 +++:
    Fault bucket 133538215020, type 5
    Event Name: MoAppHangXProc

Problem signature:
    P1: Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2017.35071.13510.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    P2: praid:App
    P3: 2017.35071.13510.0
    P4: 5988e006
    P5: fa75
    P6: 3211328
    P7: NO_PACKAGE
    P8: RuntimeBroker.exe:{d63b10c5-bb46-4990-a94f-e40b9d520160}
    P9: 10.0.15063.0
    P10:

+++ WER2 +++:
    Fault bucket 133538215020, type 5
    Event Name: MoAppHangXProc

Problem signature:
    P1: Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2017.35071.13510.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    P3: 2017.35071.13510.0
    P4: 5988e006
    P5: fa75
    P6: 3211328
    P7: NO_PACKAGE
    P8: RuntimeBroker.exe:{d63b10c5-bb46-4990-a94f-e40b9d520160}
    P9: 10.0.15063.0
    P10:

+++ WER3 +++:
    Fault bucket 133504499931, type 5
    Event Name: MoAppCrash

Problem signature:
    P1: Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.15063.332_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    P3: 10.0.15063.0
    P4: 58ccbd2e
    P5: combase.dll
    P6: 10.0.15063.296
    P7: 91412db8
    P8: 8001010a
    P9: 0000000000021bd9
    P10:

+++ WER4 +++:
    Fault bucket 120793370761, type 4
    Event Name: APPCRASH

Problem signature:
    P1: NS.exe
    P2: 15.0.0.80
    P3: 59407d82
    P4: SYMHTML.DLL
    P5: 10.4.0.87
    P6: 594ccb08
    P7: c000041d
    P8: 00000000002aaf1d
    P9:
    P10:

+++ WER5 +++:
    Fault bucket 120793370751, type 4
    Event Name: APPCRASH

Problem signature:
    P1: NS.exe
    P2: 15.0.0.80
    P3: 59407d82
    P4: SYMHTML.DLL
    P5: 10.4.0.87
    P6: 594ccb08
    P7: c0000005
    P8: 00000000002aaf1d
    P9:
    P10:

+++ WER6 +++:
    Fault bucket , type 0
    Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Problem signature:
    P1: ab
    P2: 1
    P3: 300
    P4: 0
    P5: c
    P6: 10_0_15063
    P7: 0_0
    P8: 256_1
    P9:
    P10:

+++ WER7 +++:
    Fault bucket , type 0
    Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Problem signature:
    P1: ab
    P2: 1
    P3: 300
    P4: 0
    P5: c
    P6: 10_0_15063
    P7: 0_0
    P8: 256_1
    P9:
    P10:

+++ WER8 +++:
    Fault bucket 129509374528, type 5
    Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem signature:
    P1: USFH1VUEDF0R0BQWAP1U0DXUDDXE35OH
    P2: 4.6.1.0
    P3: 5846741f
    P4: System.Management
    P5: 4.7.2102.0
    P6: 5937113d
    P7: 8c
    P8: 3f
    P9: System.Management.Management
    P10:

+++ WER9 +++:
    Fault bucket , type 0
    Event Name: AppHangB1

Problem signature:
    P1: FL64.exe
    P2: 1.1.37.0
    P3: 5819c016
    P4: 6d88
    P5: 134217728
    P6:
    P7:
    P8:
    P9:
    P10:
    <
    |

The error literally began about 2 minutes after starting the campaign for the first time. I played about 2 minutes into the beginning tutorial mission, and boom, it crashed with the in-game error message posted above. Then every subsequent try it would crash sooner and sooner.

This is very well game breaking. :/ Need suggestions...
  • hakushyo
    Seriously please fix the game! im hanging at every winning moment! i can't even get pass 3rd aegis rank for my ronin. And when i am about to win with a ronin get an enemy cornered melee him..... instead of him dying my PC crashing!!! its getting really really really annoying .... seriously fix this please i beg of you i am not here to purchase a game where my pc crashes every now and then playing it. I can play CS:GO , OVERWATCH without any of these problems why is only titanfall the god damm game that causes all this mess!
  • bS0Ni
    3 postsPosts: 3
    HeathenUp wrote: »
    Video Card: 2 sapphire R9 fury crossfire
    Currently installed Video Card Driver: 17.8.2
    Processor: i7 5820k @ 3.80ghz
    Memory: 24GB

So far I've played 4 hours of frontier defense with zero crashes by changing the target temps in crimson software to about 50c (default was set to 85c) played around with higher temps but 50c to 64c gives me the best outcome. Seems odd any other game runs fine with default fan curves for example overwatch, destiny 2 beta, battlefield etc. but changing the titanfall 2 profile target temps did help. Does get a bit loud when fans ramp up but better then crashing every 3rd round. Hope this helps somewhat. As far as game settings I'm running it at 1080p max settings with average fps of about 158.

I can confirm this. Keeping the card cooler via MSI Afterburner did the trick for me. Maybe the reason why the game crahses less for some people with 720p, is that the card just runs cooler?
  • MadAndBadComrade
    edited September 2017
    Titanfall 2 Instantly became my favorite shooter of all time after my first time playing it.
    I know this issue only affects a small amount of GPU's, but its how it was handled.

Issue has been real for almost a year now, took 5 months for respawn to even acknowledge its existence officially.
    Since then, zero updates, zero context, zero potential fixes or workarounds, no anything whatsoever.
    I almost would have preferred that you guys kept that up instead of making this thread to save face since clearly nothing is being done.
    How about an option to just disable effects like map hack and tones radar in video settings considering that's when it crashes for 90% of the users affected by this issue. Maybe that would be a nice place to start.

The fact of the matter is this is not an issue to Respawn, I highly doubt in their offices that this issue has evolved past
    Jim 1: "Oh hey jim, there's some people getting crashes on AMD's gpus"
    Jim 2: "oh yeah? I'll look into it"
    5 months later -

Jim 1: "oh hey there's still people getting crashes on the AMD gpus despite several updates from AMD themselves and despite that the error clearly states it's an issue with the game code and not AMD's software"
    Jim 2: "oh yeah I'll look into it"

Rinse repeat.

This game is **** rad, probably my favorite ever. I will never buy another one. Think about that respawn.
    I was still going to buy a potential sequel even after the dead player base and mediocre success of this one because at LEAST that was EA's fault and not Respawns. You had an excuse.
    This time you don't, and honestly this is the most neglect I've EVER witnessed for an issue of this magnitude by a AAA dev.
    That's assuming another one even gets made.

Just to break this down as much as possible.
    Game breaking issue, cannot play, 6000 thread views for one bug.
    "Give us your dxdiag" is ALL that was done in almost one full year.
  • Llama155
    So I bought Titanfall 2 because Titanfall 1 was awesome.

But I can't play Titanfall 2 for more than a few minutes because of the crashing. I have an R9 280x. Been waiting months for a fix for a well known and well documented issue, but nothing.

I will never buy a Respawn or EA game again, hopefully they go bankrupt so nobody has to suffer their incompetence and crud programming.

Tell all your friends and post it everywhere that they sell broken games and never patch them. Go-to rating sites and give every game a zero for both Respawn and EA. It feels like I am protecting the masses from the fraud EA and respawn have committed when I do that.

And yes, to sell broken products is fraud. Let's hope people read it and learn their lesson. Stay away from anything EA or Respawn. You will thank me later...

PS please can somebody close this thread. We all know it means nothing and they won't ever fix it, so why let users post here when it just gives people false hope. If you can't fix your own poor programming after so long why tell people to waste time trouble shooting, sending dxdiag, repairing, reinstalling etc when you know very well it won't fix it, because it's poor programming not a driver issue.
  • They are reading all of your posts. Believe me. They deleted my lastest. That was what i'm looking for. Respawn is actually reading all of these comments, yet no answer at all.

That's it for me. I'm uninstalling this ****_game. I will never buy anything from Respawn, and try to persuade others not to....

To the people here, trying..I hope you guys somehow get to play the game as you would always wanted.
    I'm done.