Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Crashing to desktop after Colony update..

Comments

• bobi4500
    14 postsPosts: 15
    edited August 2017
    IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE VRAM.

I don't know if it is a random usage spike or something but as one guy have said somewhere in the forum, switching Texture Filtering Budget to NONE might help. I did it and instead of the usual freeze and then some **** textures after the restart with input lag, I just got the screwed textures and lag. This way the game doesn't close, you are still in the match and can fix it by going fullscreen then back to windowed or the other way round (as I play on windowed so that I don't have to restart my PC with each freeze).

Update:

Nevermind, just froze. But it helps to play longer though maybe.
  • CodeZapper
    23 postsPosts: 26
    I lowered my screen resolution to the lowest and I dont crash anymore,
  • DustbunniesAhoy
    11 postsPosts: 11
    edited August 2017
    I'd just like some clarification as to where the issue lies. I've given up trying to play for the moment as I'm only able to finish one game out of ten, The rest either lock up my pc with sound still running, cause it to crash to desktop or in a worst case scenario blue screen on me. AMD have said they are looking into it and given that it only seems to affect the series of card/chipsets that my GPU uses (7970) that does seem to be the common thread but there is only so much they can do from their end if Respawn have changed something that is screwing us all.

I know Respawn are actually a smallish team, and I know that we're not the biggest subset of users so probably are not worth that much of their time in rooting out the issue but just some word from them that they are trying to wrangle out the problem and that they are communicating with AMD would do wonders to quell my frustration.

It's a great game. I love the game. I want to play more and wish I had bought it sooner but since picking it up a few weeks back I have had to tinker and try more than any other pc game in my memory. And that's a lot longer than I usually care to admit. I'm a simple woman, I don't need to be deleting origin files that might be causing conflicts, reinstalling the game, reinstalling windows. **** last night I tried underclocking my gpu in a foolhardy attempt to make this work. I did not even know that was a thing. Making my pc run slower in the hope of making it run better. And no it didn't work.

Not asking for much. Just tell us you are working on it. Or be blunt and say that the number of users affected doesn't warrant the time it would take to fix it. I'd respect the honesty. Even if the news would suck at least I would stop making myself angry by hoping you might have fixed it and crashing out halfway through a game.
  • deathstinkfull
    17 postsPosts: 17
    wow the game wont even get passed the EA logo before freezing my pc... how does this happen??? one day works fine, next day you put some update and runs with issues, now it wont even start. **** are you people doing? I even deleted the game and reinstalled it and it wont load passed the EA logo now... I feel like you guys do this **** on purpose because im **** about something i paid for... NO REPLIES NO REFUNDS ****!
  • As far as I can muster the game worked just dandy for people up until one of the more recent updates. Sadly I bought the game after that point so I can't say for sure. I've only ever experienced it in this broken state.
    I know some people are quick to jump on AMD for this, but if it's something Respawn changed in an update then I'm not sure it's fair to toss the blame at AMD's feet.
  • i have been looking through forum after forum trying to find the solution to this problem with no avial. but finding this particular post is reassuring due to the fact that the posts aren't a year old, and other players seem to be having the exact same problem with the same lack of help from the developers, i love the game but the constant freezing and crashing in multiplayer is making me loose my mind.
  • Brahmin84
    36 postsPosts: 36
    edited August 2017
    Bump. Just because the AMD Crashing thread should be for posting crash info. Keep this thread for the discussion. This thread is the second highest thread in the entire bug reporting forum because it journals everything from the start. Keep discussion (and complaints) here. Maybe we can reach number one status someday. :smile:
    Shouldn't be too far off :( .

P.S. Im not a mod and you can do whatever you want. Just a suggestion.
  • DustbunniesAhoy
    Disabling full screen optimisations (right click the main .exe, it's under Compatability) seems to improve things. Not fix, but improve substantially.
  • deathstinkfull
    17 postsPosts: 17
    well i finally found a PERMANENT solution to all our problems... Since they did not want to go out of their way for us AMD users i just went and ditched my AMD 9590 cpu and board to a intel cpu and board... Never had a AMD gpu so that wasnt my problem. But now that i have everything in and running, Not one crash in 25 matches! Where as 3 days ago i couldn't even get passed the license logo. Now before the colony update i ran this game just fine one my AMD setup... So who is to blame? Not sure. But if you want a permanent fix, just ditch your AMD products... I guess what they say is true. You get what you pay for... Ok well i wish you all the best of luck, its been a very interesting and humorous but yet phuking irritating 3 months with you all. Take care! Maybe see you in the game some day!.... Someday....
  • DustbunniesAhoy
    That isn't a solution. Nor a sensible one, not unless the only game you play id TF2. I have just and many issues with games in Intel/Nvidia hardware. More so I suspect.
  • sonicReducer26
    18 postsPosts: 18
    I'm playing Titanfall 1. At least it doesn't crash. Good thing I like Attrition :blush:
  • lLunchlBox
    3 postsPosts: 3
    I wish the devs could at least comment as to their progress on this matter. Is anyone out there?
  • I'm having this issue. It seems to occur exclusively during heavy combat, often involving titans. I, like many others in this thread, have an R9 270X and an AMD CPU. This issue is very annoying and despite having fully updated drivers and everything, it still persists.
  • bobi4500
    I guess now even the players have given up seeing how inactive this thread has become... it is such a shame...
  • sonicReducer26
    Respawn? Anyone? Hello?

Can we play the game yet? :(
  • sonicReducer26
    I PM'd R3C0N54 and this was his response:

R3C0N54 2:36AM
    Yes actually. AMD got back to us and they think they may have a fix incoming. Both of us will still need to verify but we'll let everyone know when it's out to download. That ETA unfortunately is still an unknown.

Fingers crossed will be fixed in not too long
  • Thank you Sonic for still asking. I have given up on this game but will reinstall once its fixed.
  • Brahmin84
    I PM'd R3C0N54 and this was his response:

R3C0N54 2:36AM
    Yes actually. AMD got back to us and they think they may have a fix incoming. Both of us will still need to verify but we'll let everyone know when it's out to download. That ETA unfortunately is still an unknown.

Fingers crossed will be fixed in not too long

It's just a running joke at respawn. don't get your hopes up. the cake is a lie
  • MeFirstThenYou
    265 postsPosts: 282 ✭✭✭
    Any news about that?
  • New update still crash .-.
  • Still I cant play...
  • Brahmin84
    SERENITY NOW!!!
  • Brahmin84 wrote: »
    SERENITY NOW!!!
    are you sure?
  • There probably wont be a fix, they'll update the game with new ****, but thats it most likely.
  • Nandru85
    15 postsPosts: 16
    Is there an AMD ssue tracker to check? Or is this and the amd report thread the only ones?
    I would love to see AMD's stance on this bug
  • Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.9.1-Release-Notes

Titanfall™ 2 may experience a hang or crash on some Radeon GCN1.0 series graphics products.

Hope this driver fix will work !!
  • _Li0n_cL
    29 postsPosts: 29
    I've done a little bit of testing with the help of a friend of mine, I've replicated some patterns that make my game crash and I've experienced none so far, I guess it's fixed.

On a side note, I hope Respawn does not break the game again with the updates that are yet to be released.
  • Driver 17.9.1. 4 hours without any crashes. Thank you AMD, thank you Respawn
  • MasterSVK
    1 postsPosts: 1
    Is it just me or there are no drivers for 8.1?
  • bobi4500
    edited September 2017
    Holy ****, I have never updated my drivers that fast before, hopefully worth it. Let's really all pray that Respawn will not **** up again in the future. Only one thing I will never forgive. WHY DID THEY FIX IT JUST BEFORE THE SCHOOL YEAR STARTS?!?!?!