Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Crashing to desktop after Colony update..

Comments

• Fix broken game please
  • Brahmin84
    36 postsPosts: 36
    edited July 2017
    Look what popped up on my timeline today (from June 1st)

DJLYdA8.png
  • Caerv
    10 postsPosts: 10
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm not buying an AMD GPU after this. There will have to be some serious changes in the GPU market before I even think about it. I hope you all feel the same way. My 280x has given me more headaches than every other PC component, console, gadget, and appliance I have ever owned, combined.
    I thought memes about AMD's driver support were just jokes, but nope. Here you have an entire family of AMD GPUs that can't run a big-budget game that released in the last year due to lack of support. Very nice.
  • KomiNeko
    5 postsPosts: 5
    Caerv wrote: »
    I hope you all feel the same way..

One graphics card. Dozens of games. One game causes constant crashes after an UPDATE to said game.

Yeaaah, I'm obviously going to blame AMD for this one, no doubt.
    No, thanks, my next graphics card will be an AMD all the same - When it's actually necessary though, mind you. Never failed me to this point, other games that came out with issues AMD did their darned best to help out in a fix, and I can only consider this failure to be Respawn's, not AMDs. The game worked perfectly before the Colony update and the worst part is I can't for the sake of my life understand what could possibly have been changed that would've caused this when the update should've been a map, some skins, nothing else.

So, yeah, those memes as far as I'm concerned are memes. I'm sure there's probably some legitimate reasons for some of them, but then again, so are for Nvidia's.

• Caerv
    KomiNeko wrote: »
    I can only consider this failure to be Respawn's, not AMDs.
    After Jayfresh told us that a driver update would probably fix it and AMD has been mum on the issue, I don't believe that this is the case.
  • Hello, I have been having a lot of problems with titanfall 2 crashing every couple games for awhile now, but since the frontier defense update, i litterally can`t finish one game. It has been crashing every single frontier defense, right before the end of the match, so that i dont get any xp and cant rank up.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
    Ram: 16345 megabytes
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
    GPU: RAM: 3051 megabytes
    Threads: 4 logical processors
  • UCvim
    14 postsPosts: 17
    edited July 2017
    Hello.
    Looks like 17.7.2 update fixed the crash for me! AMD HD 7870 Saphire flex edition0
    If anything will happen, I'll make UPD

UPD.
    NOPE
    SOME **** HAPPENED WHEN I WANTED TO MAKE A RODEO. And Origin maked some senseI(orange indicator in the status bar). ****?
    UPD2
    AMD driver stopped responding and was stopped.
  • Caerv
    Crashing once again not even listed as a known issue in the latest patch notes, professional as ever over there at AMD
  • CodeZapper
    23 postsPosts: 26
    edited July 2017
    Ah the infamous "Top Men" :D I'll become a meme in a bit , just trying to stay positive after crashing SO MUCH
  • Ninfur
    5 postsPosts: 5
    edited July 2017
  • deathstinkfull
    17 postsPosts: 17
    I have the same issue everyone here is having with a AMD and i run a nvidia GTX960... This will never be fixed... Origin thinks its someone elses problem, Ive this same issue since the colony update also. I cant even play one map, it will freeze randomly and i have to hit reset on the pc, no error no option to alt tab out nothing but rock hard ice!!! THE GAME IS AT FAULT! This game use to run flawlesly before the colony update.... I WANT MY MONEY BACK NOW! I am over this ****. Please post link for where i can get a FULL REFUND!
  • unobruno_rus38
    3 postsPosts: 3
    edited July 2017
    You can not imagine how many people who do not speak English have the same problem! Still unplayable!! FIX or REFUND! (fix pls :D )
  • CodeZapper
    You can not imagine how many people who do not speak English have the same problem! Still unplayable!! FIX or REFUND! (fix pls :D )

I WAS ABOUT TO POST THIS LAST WEEK, its incredible how the Spanish and portuguese comunities are pulling their hair off because of this, These complains in this forum (or even reddit) are just 15% of the people who have this issue.
  • _Li0n_cL
    29 postsPosts: 29
    Update: So, I don't know if this is turning out to be another pattern, but for the first time, the game crashed while I was reloading the the 40mm while being detected by a sonar. I will report back if this happens again.
  • Fazeball
    11 postsPosts: 11
    edited July 2017
    Caerv wrote: »
    Crashing once again not even listed as a known issue in the latest patch notes, professional as ever over there at AMD

yep, totally AMD's fault when respawn is too incompetent or lazy to fix it. meanwhile every other game works fine, not to mention even nvidia users have that issue.
    the mental gymnastics some people do...

• deathstinkfull
    edited July 2017
    I tried under clocking my nvidia gtx960 -200hz and the memory -100hz , i was able to play about 10 maps then back to frozen mode... It a temporary fix i guess but a ridiculous one at that in order to get a taste of what my money paid for.... unbelievable that they act like this is a small isolated issue... Ive asked for my money back many times now with no reply also... I have all day for small claims court in which they wont show up and its a simple win. Money is money and obviously they know that since they wont give it back. OR FIX THE ISSUE!!!
  • Brahmin84
    36 postsPosts: 36
    edited August 2017
    Real conversation going on behind corporate walls.

"PC has a crash issue."
    "How Many?"
    "Not enough."
    "Good, now read me the new DLC sales numbers while I bathe in the tears of orphans."
  • sonicReducer26
    18 postsPosts: 18
    I've given up, uninstalled. Will come back if this ever gets fixed. Trying to decide on going back to BF4 or Doom. Good luck all
  • Fazeball
    if this ever gets fixed.

it's obvious by now respawn doesn't care, or maybe they're just this incompetent, who knows?

• _Li0n_cL
    29 postsPosts: 29
    edited August 2017
    The fact that this discussion has been seen by 6.7k people as for the first of August, and the fact that we haven't got a fix in 4 months, at this point, it's just amusing for me, whatever, take your time Respawn, I will wait patiently.
  • bobi4500
    14 postsPosts: 15
    The interesting thing is that after each update it gets worse. A month or two before the FD update the only crashes I experienced were only after a lot of hours of playing and usually late at night so I just stopped playing after that. After the FD I am again crashing almost every single match.
  • sonicReducer26
    18 postsPosts: 18
    edited August 2017
    I tried 2 things tonight:
    Playing borderless window at 720p, other settings as normal - crashed within first game of FD.

Then I set to fullscreen, 720p (yeah it looks like a PS2 game), and most settings to low. Managed 2 games of FD with no crashes. I increased model textures to high and turned on some AA and still fine for second game.

Edit: Crashed with increased settings at 720p. Will try again with everything low
  • pilot_sors
    2 postsPosts: 2
    I have 1050ti yet I have the same issue...
  • Elbear_47
    I have HD7970, black screen crash , Plz Fix :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
  • CodeZapper
    Things as mentioned before, WHO KNOWS HOW MANY OTHER PEOPLE WHO DONT SPEAK ENGLISH HAVE THE SAME ISSUE.

Yep, yelling at top of my lungs.
  • bobi4500
    14 postsPosts: 15
    So guys I THINK I have a temporary solution until if Respawn fixes this. Alt+Tab out of the game after each match or between waves on FD. I am not sure if I am just lucky or it actually works but I have spend some nice hours playing with no crashing.
  • Noz_Dob
    1 postsPosts: 1
    Same here I'm running I7 with a AMD r9 280. just freezes about once every 1-6 games. really annoying, need to restart every time. kind of kills the team play as i have to sit out the remainder of the round and rejoin.
  • deathstinkfull
    Complete bull ****... this game has failed the community... im sick of hitting restart every other map... amd or nvidia both have this issue... and its been months... We all need to start a war for refunds.
  • Fazeball
    edited August 2017
    CodeZapper wrote: »
    Things as mentioned before, WHO KNOWS HOW MANY OTHER PEOPLE WHO DONT SPEAK ENGLISH HAVE THE SAME ISSUE.

Yep, yelling at top of my lungs.

it's not even about non-english players, how many do you think will come here and post about it? 10%? 20%? the rest will just refund or not even buy the game (GENIUS move having a free weekend for a broken game); if they bought it outside origin they're now stuck with a game that doesn't work, I can totally see those people preorder the deluxe-edition of the next respawn game day 1. fool me once...
  • pilot_sors
    bobi4500 wrote: »
    So guys I THINK I have a temporary solution until if Respawn fixes this. Alt+Tab out of the game after each match or between waves on FD. I am not sure if I am just lucky or it actually works but I have spend some nice hours playing with no crashing.

Thankyou sm I can actually play now :)