Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Crashing to desktop after Colony update..

Comments

• Jayfresh_Respawn
    539 postsPosts: 662 Community Manager
    Apologies as it sounds like folks here have missed our response to this. We've been working with AMD to solve this. I will post an update when I have it.

Sorry for any miscommunication. Totally understand the frustration for those affected by this.
    Jay Frechette | Community Manager | Respawn
  • Update is coming in June 27. Is this patch have fix for this bug?
  • Jayfresh_Respawn
    539 postsPosts: 662 Community Manager
    Update is coming in June 27. Is this patch have fix for this bug?

The fix will most likely come in the form of a driver update from AMD.
    Jay Frechette | Community Manager | Respawn
  • Zadatta
    8 postsPosts: 9
    edited June 2017
    So i found a solution to my Titanfall problem. My system would hang after 1 to 30 minutes. Black screen, completely unresponsive. Also there was a strange white screen every time I started the game before the respawn logo would appear. So I just turned of Windows Game mode. The white screen is gone and i just played three hours. I turned the game off and started it again and there it was, just working like before the monarch update. Hope this helps other people as well. (Game Mode is found in windows 10 settings)
  • _Li0n_cL
    29 postsPosts: 29
    edited June 2017
    Do you know if AMD will release the driver update which is supposed to fix the issue anytime soon?
  • deathstinkfull
    17 postsPosts: 17
    Well i dont know if this will be a fix for you guys, but ive had freezes ever since the windows10 update. Thinking it was the games last update i overlooked the windows10 update. So my problem was i had to delete ORIGIN and then clean with CCLeaner and then reinstall ORIGIN. WHAHLAH! 6 hours of gaming not one freeze. So i found this out from a thread back in 2015 were ORIGIN hates windows updates. Meaning once you updated windows, if you crash after that you need to do a clean install of ORIGIN over the new windows. Alright peoples hope this helps any of you! Peace out!
  • Brahmin84
    36 postsPosts: 36
    edited June 2017
    I turned off windows game mode, dvr, restarted windows, and still have crash issues.

Hope it stays working for you.
  • Zadatta
    8 postsPosts: 9
    It only worked for me after i turned of game mode in titanfall (windowskey + g).Next step was to turn game mode of completely.
  • Ceyly
    36 postsPosts: 39
    Apologies as it sounds like folks here have missed our response to this. We've been working with AMD to solve this. I will post an update when I have it.

Sorry for any miscommunication. Totally understand the frustration for those affected by this.

So while i appreciate any posts towards us, i´m interested in one thing. "we have missed the response" - May i ask where exactly this response was if we missed it? I´m checking the forums daily and haven´t seen any news so far..

Btw it´s interesting that respawn kills something and amd has to fix it.. tought i don´t care really who does the fix as long as he actually does it.... eventually.... hopefully before the humans have invented teleportation and immortality.. cause i feel like scientists work faster on that than updates on titanfall come out..
  • sonicReducer26
    18 postsPosts: 18
    I have a R9 280x. My game has been stable with:
    Origin In-Game turned off
    a GPU downclock (10% downclock on GPU clock and memory clock).

Hope this helps anyone who wants to try. I just use Radeon Overdrive in Radeon settings to downclock

• _Li0n_cL
    edited June 2017
    *Sigh* The fact that such a game-breaking issue hasn't been fixed in months is making me angry tbh. As I asked Jay, do you have any idea of when could this driver update come out?

The only thing we need now is another update which breaks the game for us after the issue gets fixed y´know
  • MeFirstThenYou
    265 postsPosts: 282 ✭✭✭
    Communication is just bad.
    Apologies as it sounds like folks here have missed our response to this.
    Is this supposed to be a joke? It is very unprofessional if you don't communicate important information on your own official forums. "Maybe" there was a post on somebody's Twitter, but this is not how you should communicate.

The over communication with the players is very bad. The only thing we really seem to get is some advertisement for DLC drops and events. Apart from that, there is no communication.

I start believing in a fix for this when I actually see a reliable quote/statement from the developers or from AMD.
  • _Li0n_cL
    edited June 2017
    Well, combine a small development team with monthly content updates and most of their time is gone, as I said and will say over and over, I wouldn't mind a couple of months without dlc's as long as they fix this game's issues.
  • Argo-Ego
    5 postsPosts: 5
    Hi guys,
    A little update on my crashing issues.
    I've attempted most of the proposed fixes on this forum. For instance, I tried the suggestion to switch off the Windows Game 'optimisation' in Windows Settings - this didn't seem to help.
    Next, I uninstalled Origin and then reinstalled from a fresh download and turned off Origin In-game (2 more forum suggestions) - this might have helped but, if so, it was marginal.

So, I got thinking about Jay's response that a fix would probably come from AMD via a driver update and thought 'what about installing a pre-Colony driver, if this is a driver issue?'
    Now strangely, trying to install an old driver proved harder than you would think and eventually threw up an 'Error 1603' message, forcing me to use the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility to remove everything completely and reinstall a copy of ReLive 17.2.1 (pre-Colony official driver) afresh.
    But, a quick playtest resulted in just a single crash over 5 games - a big improvement for me.
    Finally, remembering other users' recommendations to underclock the card, I decided to go into Wattman's global settings and underclocked my factory overclocked 480 by 10%.
    The result: last night, for the first time, in what feels like forever, I was able to play without a single crash.
    Now, one playtest does not prove a thing and, with the new DLC about to drop, the playing field could be about to change again anyway but, I thought the result was interesting enough to share, just in case it helps anyone at all.
    It might be the underclock, the old driver, or both.
    It might just be co-incidence and it'll go back to a crash-fest next time I play but, here's hoping...
  • Ceyly
    edited June 2017
    I mean, honestly.. show us where the message we missed is.
    I´m starting to feel fooled and angry..

Small team or not, there are so called "community managers", that are, correct me if i´m wrong here, supposed to talk to us. And with talk i don´t mean lie. Because i am quite sure that there has been no answer here before.
    I call you a straight out liar @Jayfresh_Respawn .

@Argo-Ego While appreciating that you still try to share possible solutions, it´s very unlikely underclocking does fix it. We´ve had too much people try it out without success. I can play several days without crashes sometimes, then i can´t play a single full game for 5 days.
    I really feel refusing to play with my titan helped, tought still crashing, i can play fairly consistent without ripping anything appart from all that frustration..
  • _Li0n_cL
    Agreed, the community managers should be in contact with... well... the community, but that doesn't mean the other developers have time to address many issues, I mean, just look at all the patch notes that we've recieved, almost no balance changes or bug fixes compared to other games. These constant Content Updates are being harmful for the game's health when it comes to stability and overall weapon/titan balance.

Please Respawn, if people do not stop playing because of lack of content updates, they will stop playing because the game can be a mixed experience in terms of fun due to the current meta (Why'd you buff the R-97 twice!?), and for us, this huge issue which hasn't been fixed not in days, or weeks, but MONTHS, 3 MONTHS, the only reason I've played this much even though I'm always fearful of a crash at any given time, is because I love this game, and the potential it has, I mean, I didn't play the first Titanfall over a thousand hours and this one over 700 "because why not", but that does not mean I'm not playing less and less everyday because of this, dare I say, bullsh*t. Keep all of this in mind for the next time you screw it up, give the players a solution, not a "we're working on it" and then remain silent for the next weeks until you pi-**** off whoever gets affected by any problem. Hopefully you won't take this post as an attack, as most people would do these days, take it as a tip from a guy who has had enough of this.
  • MeFirstThenYou
    The problem is that there is always a big misconception about community managers. The players often expect something that is not what he got hired for. A community manager is often more or less just a outlet for managing news/advertisement and handling "social media". So it is no surprise that the forums get no love. The forums are no working as a tool for publicity. This is especially the case for these forums, since a lot of areas are locked for people who do not own the game.

So the focus is on platforms that work as publicity. This is why we don't see much activity from the so called community manager. Do I think Jay is directly lying to us? No. But I think we get something that I would describe as a very selective truth. So you don't directly lie to people, but you also not exactly tell them the entire truth. It's like saying "I was involved in a car crash" when you actually should be saying something like: " I drove over a red light with high speed and crashed into another car".

The devs most likely don't really care. They sold the game as best as possible and they moved on to other projects already. They are working on a Star Wars game and we probably get another game like Titanfall (if not TF2) at the end of 2018. So why bother fixing TF2? It's simply not worth their time and effort.
  • bobi4500
    14 postsPosts: 15
    in order to be sure that a fix really works, at least a week has to pass, otherwise nothing is guaranteed. Five minutes ago I got a freeze, it was the first since 3 days, so no one is safe. I hoped the update was going to bring a solution, but no such luck. AT LEAST we get a response here after soooo many months. And I agree with last post here. Soon enough Respawn will desert the game. Even though they mostly deliver what the community asks for, it is obvious that they also add unwanted changes also. Let's be fair, every company wants money, it is just how much arrogant they could be is the question.
  • Ceyly
    These are the official forums and the problem gets discussed here would be the place to answer. If he doesn't have time to post here aswell as on other platform (still, where? Reddit?!? Twitter??? Imo not really the right places for it..). So i call him a liar because he is clearly saying "guys ive already answered but YOU haven't seen it". He has NOT answered here, and this is the official place for it.

They didn't sell it as best as possible, the marketing and the release timing were awful but thats offtopic to discuss here.

For the balance.. Well the R97 is just a complete joke. It' imo the defenition of balance failures. It is so strong my grandma could kill people with it...

Also, since they are still bringing content i don't think they don't care about the game. I just think they don't care about amd users, not realizing how many people they have lost with this.
  • bobi4500
    14 postsPosts: 15
    Alright, I need to say something VERY important. The topic here changed to the lack of community managers' communication BUT... I am certain now that the issue really has something to do with the AMD drivers. You see, after each freeze I got, something screwed up entirely. For some reason the game graphics were terrible, the 3D models looked like 240p on a FHD screen, the FPS was down to the 20s and the input lag was ATROCIOUS. It was only happening in Titanfall 2, however, it just occurred again with a different game. I was playing War for Cybertron and out of nowhere the screen froze, then went blank for a few seconds and after it came back the FPS dropped and the input lag occurred. Checked again and it is the same situation in every other game - lag and low FPS. So I think it is time to put the pressure on AMD now.
  • Hollow-adelaar
    5 postsPosts: 5
    edited June 2017
    After the update the game is unplayable the crash became more recurrent, I can not even complete a game
    I noticed that the most often followed crash when you're detected by a sonar
    Radeon-17.6.2 software version
    Radeon-Crimson relive software edition
    Graphics chipset-AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
    Memory Size-3072 MB
    Memory Type-GDDR5
    Central clock-925 MHz
    Windows version-Windows 10 (64 bit)
    System memory-8 GB
    CPU Type-AMD FX (TM)-8350 eight-core processor
  • aSe_Sethicus
    4 postsPosts: 5
    Still getting device hung. R9 280 Gaming
  • _Li0n_cL
    edited July 2017
    That moment when you're more scared than hyped for an update because you know Respawn will mess this up even further and then just forget about it. GG guys

Jokes aside, first of all, I should've looked at the community managers in another way, so thanks for clearing that misconception up @MeFirstThenYou, although I still think they should hire more people so that the forums actually get some attention (as long as Respawn can afford it though, which if you ask me, they most likely do). Second, yes, the issue clearly has something to do with the drivers, Jay even said the solution should arrive in the form of a driver update, so I will just assume it's true. That makes this particular discussion pointless from now on imo, as bobi said, we should start putting all of our pressure on AMD instead of Respawn (even though they were the ones who messed it up).
  • MeFirstThenYou
    I have been talking to AMD in the past and I heard something completely different. The "statement" from Jay does not mean that it is the fault of AMD. He just said that "it is likely" that this will be fixed via a driver update. Companies like AMD and NVIDIA have to support games in order to stay relevant. They earn customers with decent hardware, but they have to keep them with things like driver and software updates.

There is no level of trust for me to simply assume that Respawn or Jay are telling the truth. It is simply not there.
  • nomriel
    2 postsPosts: 2
    edited July 2017
    same thing as everyone else, same AMD card, same problem and same need for a fix
  • Brahmin84
    36 postsPosts: 36
    Jayfresh,

Why did your team not test the update on a low, mid, & high tier AMD GPUs before releasing? Why has it been 3 full months without a fix? And why do I even ask questions within a forum that no one from Respawn is answering or giving two **** about?

Brothers in the struggle: is there any way to remove the orange animation when you get pinged by a pulse? Has anyone tried locating the file and simply deleting it or modifying it in the game's files?

The pulse animation is causing 90% of my crashes.
  • _Li0n_cL
    edited July 2017
    Well, I was able to play 6 hours straight before the game crashed, what an inconsistent way to crash.

I kinda trust Jay, not 100% though. I assumed the solution would come in the form of a driver update partly because, at this point, I don't trust the rest of the devs, that's all. On the other side, I'm aware that the Respawn devs somehow managed to mess up this game for us, I never assumed it was AMD's fault, I tried to say that the Colony update and all the ones ever since have messed with the drivers.
  • NaviNix
    11 postsPosts: 12
    edited July 2017
    wrong comment
  • nomriel wrote: »
    same thing as everyone else, same AMD card, same problem and same need for a fix

Same as this guy, commenting just to hope it draws more attention to this issue. I love this game and REALLY want to be able to play games with my friends without feeling left out or behind due to technical errors. Please fix this bug my life is so empty I just wanna play with robots.
  • Abysmi
    1 postsPosts: 1
    This bug has left the game virtually unplayable. 80ynUBw.jpg?1

Preceded by graphical stutters that literally get me at least once in every game. Usually more. I mean EVERY single match there are these graphical stutters. Takes literally 30-60 seconds just to get past them.

And then finally I crash out completely.

I really like this game. But with this bug, it's not playable. I guess I'll go find something else to do while I wait for a fix because there's no way I'll be playing this game in its current state.