Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Report high ping here!

Comments

• rock1m1
    63 postsPosts: 78
    Pings got much worse today. 300-450 pings and jumps even higher and stutters and audio crackling is more prominent.
  • cagallero
    1 postsPosts: 1
    From Argentina, playing on the Sao Paulo server with normally ~200 pings.
    Sometimes it goes up to ~2400, making the rubber-banding effect and making it impossible to play. It wouldn't be so bad if it was only occasionally, but it happens too much to be ignored. I'd get a refund if I could...

It's a shame, 'cos it's a great game.
  • rarfarfar
    713 postsPosts: 802 ✭✭✭✭
    @Jayfresh_Respawn I'm getting the feeling I've been put on ignore.
    This thread is now nearing the 3 month, and 300 posts, mark. Any updates, findings or just info from the techs?
    No nerfs! You're Pilots. You adapt. You Improvise. You overcome!
  • alfen1980_Nor
    118 postsPosts: 125
    rarfarfar wrote: »
    @Jayfresh_Respawn I'm getting the feeling I've been put on ignore.
    This thread is now nearing the 3 month, and 300 posts, mark. Any updates, findings or just info from the techs?

https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/10528/patch-notes-for-live-fire-update#latest

Im hoping this will cure the problems im having. The game has been very "stuttery" for me the last couple of days. Today the Ping was stable around 45-55 (Not erratic) but the game was still "stuttery" i posted one of my posts from here over at http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports they seem to be more active there as it has been little/no feedback here on this post.

Fingers crossed :-))
  • rarfarfar
    edited February 2017
    https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/10528/patch-notes-for-live-fire-update#latest

Im hoping this will cure the problems im having. The game has been very "stuttery" for me the last couple of days. Today the Ping was stable around 45-55 (Not erratic) but the game was still "stuttery" i posted one of my posts from here over at http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports they seem to be more active there as it has been little/no feedback here on this post.

Fingers crossed :-))
    Maybe I'm getting old, but I only saw some stutter fixes for PC, and no mentioning of lag or lag spikes
    Thanks for posting
  • rock1m1
    rarfarfar is right, there is no mention of network improvements in the patch. Doesn't look like the pings are gonna get improved anytime soon.
  • alfen1980_Nor
    [quote="
    Maybe I'm getting old, but I only saw some stutter fixes for PC, and no mentioning of lag or lag spikes
    Thanks for posting[/quote]

Rarfarfar is very right :-) Sorry didn't see that you were on ps4. Most of the posts about this i have seen has been pc-players (Some ps4 and xb1 also, but mostly pc) Just got happy to see that they taking some steps to improve on the "stuttering" I'm not so sure if my problem is related to ping ( even though its erratic and goes from 31-300++) Yesterday was one of the first days in a long time my Ping was stable and i still had the some of the same problems. They had a "General stability improvements." in both ps4 and xb1 in "PLATFORM SPECIFIC FIXES" that may mean ping/server fixing in "Respawnish" They don't always give specific info on tweeks :-) They also added a "New logging to report player connection quality to help us track down reports of laggy games and disconnects.
    " in the "Server Update 1/23/2017" So it seems they are looking into the problem..
    https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/9811/titanfall-2-server-update-1-23-2017/p1?new=1

On a side note:
    I did a couple of games of TF1 some days ago and the ping was stable at 49 and no lag/stuttering. So i think that my internet/network connection may not be the problem.

I have also tried (Since last time):
    -Uninstalled gpu driver via "DDU" And reinstalled it
    -Removed external sound card and started to use the internal one on my motherboard
    -Cleanup with ccleaner on my system
    -New joystick
    -New version of xpadder

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a "ping-meter" visible without bringing up the scoreboard? Im recording most of my games and it would be nice to have a counter up in one corner to see if the ping has any correlation with the stutter/lag etc problems i'm feeling?
  • rarfarfar
    " in the "Server Update 1/23/2017" So it seems they are looking into the problem..
    https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/9811/titanfall-2-server-update-1-23-2017/p1?new=1
    Which is why, I was wondering if there were any new info regarding the lag spikes, but for whatever reason it seems @Jayfresh_Respawn has put me on ignore
  • The latest server side update has caused me to lag severely, along with my friends. I'm on SLC data center and the main menu says I should be getting between 25 and 40 ping. While used to in game I got 49-50, maybe in the 60's occasionally. Now, since the server side patch, my ping is wildly unstable, constantly going from any number in between the high twenties and even into the multiple thousands. It is not periodic, it is constant, unstable connection. I know for a fact it is not a result of my internet, I have a 150 Mpbs router with a 50 Mbps boost, and no other games that I play have an issue with lag or unstable connection. I would like to see some kind of response, even if it's just a **** you from the developers. But no, the only responses seen are those to positive, complimentary post, and not on something that is ruining the game for thousands, including me and my friends that play this game daily and have love for it like no other game.
  • rarfarfar
    The latest server side update has caused me to lag severely, along with my friends. I'm on SLC data center and the main menu says I should be getting between 25 and 40 ping. While used to in game I got 49-50, maybe in the 60's occasionally. Now, since the server side patch, my ping is wildly unstable, constantly going from any number in between the high twenties and even into the multiple thousands.
    Sounds very close to my experience

• shadowmonkeypie
    9 postsPosts: 9
    edited February 2017
    I've been playing on PC since December 2016 with decent latency - Playing on a 1gbps fibre optic connection, Singapore servers (all three, on the main menu) report less than 10ms, usually around 4-6ms. In-game has been consistently below 100ms, according to the tab menu, but since this week it's been 200-300ms all the way. Nothing in my setup has changed so I suspect it's on the server side, despite what the data centre ping says. Update : switched to Hong Kong server (40ms) same issue.
  • gr4v3m4n
    10 postsPosts: 10
    i used to play in asian servers and getting 50 - 100 ms but since this week im getting 300 - 400 ms, so i switch to american servers and i got constant 250 ms same with european servers i got constant around 250 ms which is normal for me, i think theres something wrong with asian servers..
  • rock1m1
    gr4v3m4n wrote: »
    i used to play in asian servers and getting 50 - 100 ms but since this week im getting 300 - 400 ms, so i switch to american servers and i got constant 250 ms same with european servers i got constant around 250 ms which is normal for me, i think theres something wrong with asian servers..

I have the exact same problem. I live in South Asia and while US data center reports about 250ms, during gameplay it stays around that number. When I hop over to Asia servers, ping escalate to 300 and jumps all over the place.

• lDarker
    1 postsPosts: 1
    Hi, Asia Xbox One user here.

My fellow Taiwanese players usually play on US servers (Oregon) due to dwindling player population (and it's laggy if we can find a game on Asia server, as above posters).
    Since this Monday, several HiNet (China Telecom) ISP users keep getting disconnected from the server when connecting to non-Asia servers with the error message "Connection to server timed out": we can enter the game, play smoothly (with 200ms ping) for a couple minutes, and get booted from the server. However, some HiNet users are still able to play the game without issue. Can you contact our ISP to figure it out, or is there any server info or IP we can do a trace route and communicate to our ISP for troubleshooting?
  • Game worked and ran beautifully until after Christmas. Game runs smoothly in the morning, but if i play during the evening, I get really bad lag spikes. Only happens while playing Titanfall 2, all other games run fine.
    Live in South Dakota

Trying to connect to Salt Lake City Data Center
  • rock1m1
    New update improved the stuttering, however it did nothing for ping.
  • rarfarfar
    I only tested 2 games before I was bored. Ping fluctuated between 49-83 on Franfurt, and between 265-285 on Singapore. I didn't see any huge spikes
  • rarfarfar
    Maybe it's the slightly higher playercount (15k worldwide), but 2 matches and my ping only skyrocketed when spawning
  • I think something is wrong with the current servers, specifically Salt Lake. I live in Colorado, and right after that server side update my game started lagging. And now the stuttering is much better, but the issue of insane ping fluctuations is still present. I got on this morning and for some reason the salt lake data center, which is right next to me, had a ping of 104 and my data center had switched to South Carolina at 39
  • alfen1980_Nor
    Played for the first time today after the LF-Patch. Still the same problems. Did a speedtest on line:
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6085615368.

Used the London server Ping:40 Ingame: 45-234. Having a real hard time tracking other players..
    I know this patch wasn't meant to fix the ping issue (But i had my hopes.... :-)
  • I live in Asia, and I typically use Hongkong server. Few weeks ago, the ping was way below 70ms and it didn't spike up more than 150ms. Until recently, it spikes up to 300+ (sometimes 400+), and it's almost imposible to play. One thing that I notice is the fact that I, somehow, get connected to players from outside Asia (even though I choose the Hongkong server as my data center). I personally think that it's just some sort of bug that connects me to other data center from outside my region instead of connecting me to the nearest data center. I already tried other server and the results are the same. I've tried to connect to Singapore, Taiwan, even Frankfurt which is insanely far away from where I live, and I've got the same results.
  • Hello hello, greetings from Indonesia!

Got the same problem. Chose the Singapore 2 (26ms-ish), got 400-600ms in-game. This problem is starting to affect my KD ratio.

17039428_10208115792083726_1727621841085068185_o.jpg?oh=5d89fe43dc9ea82c7bc4c6a118371449&oe=592F619B

16905029_10208115792563738_3340634900731687017_o.jpg?oh=f18447331170fdea3541eb293ae41a8e&oe=59317445

• I started a reddit thread, maybe we can upvote and make some noise there too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5wa515/high_ping_for_asian_servers/
  • AshySamurai
    2560 postsPosts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ninjawagyu wrote: »
    I started a reddit thread, maybe we can upvote and make some noise there too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5wa515/high_ping_for_asian_servers/

LOL! Do you have a slight idea how much ping threads already existing on reddit?
    Respawn's own fanboy. Veteran of Regen shields war. Advanced flag button witness. Survivvor of Korean rebelion.
  • Antitritium
    5 postsPosts: 5
    Developers, please take notice. Playing multiplayer is not fun on this state.
  • gr4v3m4n
    edited March 2017
    its seems that the developer doesn't really care about what happen in asian servers, it seems that they are really quick when dealing problems from europe or US but not asia even though there are more than enough complaint posted.
  • rarfarfar
    @Jayfresh_Respawn has ignored this thread for a while. Last I heard they were still collecting data, but could see nothing wrong on their end
  • gr4v3m4n
    edited March 2017
    please someone explain this to me...im lagging like 300 ping at 60 ping and im playing smooth at 250 ping like a 60 ping...i got more kills when im playing at 250 than 60 pings and i can see on the killcam that im lag severely at 60 ping. so now i more enjoying play at 250 ping, **** respawn..
  • gr4v3m4n
    edited March 2017
    thank you respawn for wasting 60 bucks of my goddamn hardearn money...oo yeah i pay fullprice not discounted, fool of me thinking that this game would be better supported by the developer than cod..
  • PathVector
    12 postsPosts: 14
    Okay lets make some noise over here.
    Indonesian player here.
    Ping from main menu to singapore less than 30ms, in game more than 400ms.
    I try to VPN to malaysia and singapore, still no luck.
    Only occurs on Titanfall 2, other FPS games such as CS:GO, Overwatch, etc, just fine.
    It is confirmed that this problem occur on the server side.
    Try all singapore server, still the same, tokyo, hongkong, even iowa, it seems I getting paired up with the same players everytime.
    Please fix this, its been more than 2 weeks since Live Fire update causing this problem. How can I recommend this game to other people if I cant even enjoy the multiplayer anymore?