Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

ERROR: Connection to Server timed out!

Comments

• twey25
    3 postsPosts: 3
    Something need to be done about this otherwise I might be going for a refund...
  • Jacket785 wrote: »

This issue might seem separate from the Connection timeouts when you're at the "Preparing to Jump" screen. My question is, has this affected anybody in the US? Cause a lot of times this happens to others in a different country.

It's similar at least, if I get the problem I barely make it past the part where you land after jumping out of the dropship.

I've found that resetting my router works, but only for 1 full game. So yeah, if I want to play more than 1 game after 4pm I have to reset the router/modem every time.
    Using a Technicolor TG589vac.
  • oNeXuSo
    edited November 2016
    Connection to server timed out issues with this game happen to me between approx time of 4pm until 12am GMT daily. The game works without any issues outwith this time. It's frustrating getting home from work and I can't play the game due to this but others in my party are connecting fine.

Has anyone more official to the game made any statement about this and what they are doing to resolve?

Speaking on forums helps to identify those affected but for me it's the only game having these issues during that time, every other game is perfectly fine online, so I don't believe this to be an internet or hardware issue at my end.

It's been the same since release date. - I'm happy to provide examples of this since it's guaranteed to happen 100% of the time when trying to start up an online game if it helps those trying to resolve the issue.
  • Hello everybody , i am a bit upset and sad , i'm getting the same issue as everybody . I'm playing on PC , my connection work fine , but everytime i try to start a match in multiplayer ( at the jump sequence ) i get kicked from the server with this annoying message : connection to server timed out . I bought the game to play it :/ and i can't . Is there any updates on this ? The game was realeased like 3 weeks ago and yet , no information or help about this . I love playing the solo but this error really put my mood down , i like pvp and i hope this will be fix soon :'(
  • Jacket785
    157 postsPosts: 162 ✭✭
    -aie-Red-2 wrote: »
    Hello everybody , i am a bit upset and sad , i'm getting the same issue as everybody . I'm playing on PC , my connection work fine , but everytime i try to start a match in multiplayer ( at the jump sequence ) i get kicked from the server with this annoying message : connection to server timed out . I bought the game to play it :/ and i can't . Is there any updates on this ? The game was realeased like 3 weeks ago and yet , no information or help about this . I love playing the solo but this error really put my mood down , i like pvp and i hope this will be fix soon :'(

What Router are you using?
    "My expectations are usually low, so that I'm not disappointed"

• hello what do you mean by router , i use a livebox :/ if that what you are asking ? I connect to the wifi or the ethernet but Nothing change i still get the issue :(
  • FIVETIDE71
    2 postsPosts: 2
    edited November 2016
    hi guys and gals whats the go with the 408 error, any chance of a fix in the near future?
    original titanfall woks perfectly and T2 has worked ocasionally so i'm assuming the fault is possibly down your end.
  • I know this post is old, but I'm *still* having this issue. Haven't been able to play a single second of multiplayer because I get kicked back to the menu with the same errors all of you are getting. Has there been any word on whether this will ever be fixed? I didn't buy the game for the single player (though I'm eternally grateful it was added since I can't play multiplayer at all).
  • I have disable Ethernet. Doesnt work/ minor fix. PLEEZ HALP I SPENT 100 BUCKS ON A LOADING SCREEN.
  • Suidakraa
    1 postsPosts: 1
    The disabling connectors also doesnt work for me, played through the story mode as i thought best to do that than dive straight into MP and die, and i cant even connect. So one night of playing and now the game is useless to me. Pretty poor effort in my opinion, i know i had issues with TF1 but managed to fix that, this is just **** though.

PC Digital copy deluxe...bye bye money.
  • i lowered my screen frequency actualisation to 40 and now it work fine
  • DPSmoker
    Just use recommended settings for graphics. Not quite sure which is the buggy one but this works for me.
  • MRizk
    5 postsPosts: 7
    I really doubt it's a router issue. I have tried two different Huawei ones, a Linksys and a Belkin (with Intelstream off).

The game hasn't worked the first week, worked for two weeks and it has stopped working again for the past 4 days.

Had so many chat sessions with EA Support for a total of about 4 hours with different agents and they are asking me to contact my ISP and I am like why? All other games are fine including Titanfall 1!

What's even more weird that this exact issue is also happening with BF1. That's literally the only two games from EA I am having issues with, and the only two games out of my entire massive library that I am having issue with.

Think that was weird? Check this out then, I can only play on US West servers on Battlefield 1 despite being in North Africa (Egypt). Thats about 240 ms for me! But I never get disconnected of any US West servers. EU and US East? Get kicked out instantly!
  • MRizk wrote: »
    I really doubt it's a router issue. I have tried two different Huawei ones, a Linksys and a Belkin (with Intelstream off).

The game hasn't worked the first week, worked for two weeks and it has stopped working again for the past 4 days.

Had so many chat sessions with EA Support for a total of about 4 hours with different agents and they are asking me to contact my ISP and I am like why? All other games are fine including Titanfall 1!

What's even more weird that this exact issue is also happening with BF1. That's literally the only two games from EA I am having issues with, and the only two games out of my entire massive library that I am having issue with.

Think that was weird? Check this out then, I can only play on US West servers on Battlefield 1 despite being in North Africa (Egypt). Thats about 240 ms for me! But I never get disconnected of any US West servers. EU and US East? Get kicked out instantly!

This is obvious that it's not our routers but Respawn's servers... but they don't care, they have our money and are happy to ignore the minority
  • XGDthSqd
    Fricking same. I always get that message when I try to get online and it is really ticking me off.(computer, downloaded)
  • SecondRook
    edited December 2016
    Well, I had the slightest bit of hope that the new patch would help, but nope. Guess I'm just going to have to give up on this game for now. Such a shame but what can you do?

The complete lack of response from Respawn is not helpful either. Are you working on it? What do you think is going on? etc. etc.
  • Hey
  • Hey
  • FIVETIDE71
    FIVETIDE71 wrote: »
    hi guys and gals whats the go with the 408 error, any chance of a fix in the near future?
    original titanfall woks perfectly and T2 has worked ocasionally so i'm assuming the fault is possibly down your end.

hey thanks for the latest patch all is well that ends well.have to catch up to the lvl 50 peeps I'm getting slaughtered out there.
  • This was the last game I bought from EA !
    Always I finish a game the following message appears: "Conection server timed out"

Data center: London 34ms
    Belgium 35 ms

ISP: MEO
    Download: 200 Mbps
    Upload: 100 Mbps
  • OneDBag
    edited December 2016
    I bought the hard copy, I wish i had a digital for free with it's purchase (valid only on a console that the disc has been installed on, hint hint) any way,

Same issues when I am playing a Titanfall 2 match frequently I get a grey pop up that says something about connection. that is not my complaint. Every single match after a brief scene the screen goes black usually it comes back, also not my complaint. When ever I am in a party with friends it is a constant battle to stay in the party with them. Almost immediately in a match, mostly in my first life (and i suck and miss the auto pistol) that is complaint 1 complaint 2 is that my wireless headset disconnects and I have every reason to believe that it is the game I am playing. if i unplug my external the problem goes away. the headset is the turtle beach 420x and it is brand new works fine elsewhere. this is infuriating!! I have super fast internet so why am i constantly being disconnected for a few seconds and why is my ping so high get it together man.
  • "inhales" "exhales". OK my time out error has two ugly heads one i get to "jumping to location" and BOOOM timed out two i time out in the loading screen before that then boom timed out may i point out i'm in aus and have 22 ping and a connected you Sydney servers all the time on the old one with out time outing.

• don't get me wrong i love the game i just rarely get to play it
  • In any game mode you will time out from the server. Please solve the problem as soon as possible.
  • I've been having pretty much the same issue since I bought the game, I've tried pretty much every solution that has been posted here and no luck. Has anyone been able to resolve it yet? Has their been any response from Respawn/EA?
  • Atch007
    edited December 2016
    ^same !! i just played 1 match then connection to the server timed out !! can't play more online even i get black screen before the game start+ freeze at the loading .... please solve this.. any game works fine with me. only this game *connection to server timed out* on PS4
  • Im also having this issue, I noticed that it happen between 4pm-12am GMT+0. Anytime outside of that I can play normally, but the moment the clock strikes 4pm the connection times out, even if im in game. I can reset my router but that only allows me to play 1 full game before the connection issue happens again.
  • ****_Thorn wrote: »
    Im also having this issue, I noticed that it happen between 4pm-12am GMT+0. Anytime outside of that I can play normally, but the moment the clock strikes 4pm the connection times out, even if im in game. I can reset my router but that only allows me to play 1 full game before the connection issue happens again.

Just a quick update on my situation, since I noticed this problem occurring specifically between 4pm-12am everyday for me, I decided to call my broadband service provider to see if they change my line priority during this time period. They told me nothing has changed between this time period so this leads me to believe this is a problem with Titanfall's server and not a problem on my end.
  • Cool, suddenly I have this issue. Not even making it to dropship. Just getting kicked out of matchmaking now every single time I queue up....
  • I am still suffering from the same problem as you.
    I will write what I have tried to solve.

1,Launch Titanfall2 after initializing the personal computer.
    2,Initialization and restart of the home gateway integrated with the line termination equipment (ONU), that is, the router.
    3,Contact the provider company and the primary telecommunications carrier, and there is no problem with the line or the communication company side. Of course the answer was no problem.
    4,Play with the virus scan software turned off.
    5,I thought that I could play if I opened up the port and confirmed the port number to the developer.I got a reply. "there is no fixed port number. We run many servers on many ports on each machine."What this means is that it is not TCP fixed port but UDP variable port.So it is virtually impossible to open the port.

I try these methods and the problem is not solved, so I think that there is nothing I can do.There are reports that you can play if you change provider company, but that is not a good idea.

It is very sad that I can not play it although it is a very interesting game.I will provide as much information as I can play.