Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Reporting cheaters

Comments

• SnortsALot
    12 postsPosts: 13
    and how long will it take FairFight to ban this guy?
  • Mobius0288
    15 postsPosts: 17
    Folks we have a place to report cheaters here - http://bit.ly/cheatreport

We have cheat tools in place in the game that flags and bans cheaters but obviously folks find work arounds and we work to adapt to them. It's a tough game of wack-a-mole with cheaters but it's something we take seriously and investigate often.

@Jayfresh_Respawn I get it Jay. Totally get it, but the users are unable to report in-game cheaters (ORIGIN) when they mask their name with some mod. AND the cheaters know it. We don't feel like the cheaters/modders/hackers are decreasing because we have no way to report them except by screenshots and vids. I'll be honest, I've only seen one so far and I recorded it. If I can right click and "report" in-game, I feel like I've done my part to make the game/community better. It gives me more of a reason to invest in the game and it's community. If I can't do anything except trust in the anti-cheat system, it feels like nothing is being done about the cheaters... especially when I see forum posts on here or on reddit.

You gotta convince the community that cheaters are getting banned and exploits are getting patched. If anything, this could be feedback regarding community needs/wants. Appreciate your time.
  • PNellesen
    209 postsPosts: 210 ✭✭✭
    SnortsALot wrote: »
    For my FPS fix I will stick with Treyarch as they have a working 2nd level AC(TAC).
    Along with that you can use theater mode to watch/record a cheater, from their perspective. To get a cheater banned quickly you can submit video to a dev on twitter, and they issue game bans.
    I thought Treyarch had one of the better anti-cheat systems going for BO3. It usually took no more than 24 hours from the time a theater vid was posted to pcdev until the player was banned. I know I saw very few cheaters in Titanfall, but it sounds like the cheat makers are a little more aggressive this time :(
  • Mobius0288 wrote: »

We have cheat tools in place in the game that flags and bans cheaters but obviously folks find work arounds and we work to adapt to them. It's a tough game of wack-a-mole with cheaters but it's something we take seriously and investigate often.

@Jayfresh_Respawn I get it Jay. Totally get it, but the users are unable to report in-game cheaters (ORIGIN) when they mask their name with some mod. AND the cheaters know it. We don't feel like the cheaters/modders/hackers are decreasing because we have no way to report them except by screenshots and vids. I'll be honest, I've only seen one so far and I recorded it. If I can right click and "report" in-game, I feel like I've done my part to make the game/community better. It gives me more of a reason to invest in the game and it's community. If I can't do anything except trust in the anti-cheat system, it feels like nothing is being done about the cheaters... especially when I see forum posts on here or on reddit.

You gotta convince the community that cheaters are getting banned and exploits are getting patched. If anything, this could be feedback regarding community needs/wants. Appreciate your time.

I have to agree with you here. I just came across my first obvious hacker tonight. It was extremely obvious. Following you through walls in kill cam, without having a maphack or anything up. Guy would even shoot at walls sometimes in the killcam because one of us would be directly on the other side. I rarely ever call someone out as being a hack, as I've been called a hack many times while playing CoD and just plain stomping on people. But this guy was obviously using some sort of 3rd party help. very disheartening to see the player base drop off over this last week and now someone hacking without concern of being caught. He was even talking trash in game about it.
  • Wastehatch
    10 postsPosts: 11
    @Wastehatch We have tools in game that watch, catch, and ban cheaters. We are catching, investigating and banning them every day. It is not in EVERY match and while we adjust and improve the tools there will always be those that find workarounds and we'll keep coming for them. It's something we take seriously.

Well, it's nice to hear. Of course I don't know anything about internal tools but if you're referring to Fairfight, it simply doesn't work. I'm not concerned about private cheats which are nearly impossible to detect, instead I'm talking about automatically detect public cheats using signatures, since binaries are available to all. It should be relatively easy, why this hasn't already been done? If you could catch and ban people using public cheats, I bet you'll get rid of 90% of cheaters.
  • Warblade1
    1 postsPosts: 1
    FFS why is so hard for your to use an actual anti-cheat system that actually catches cheaters. This is no better than TF1. You do realize that if you allowed private servers with say Punkbuster, the cheaters go away really quickly. WHY?? Because the private admins ban the **** out of them to the point they cant find a place to play. Honestly I want my money back. TF1 was so perfect in its simplicity. This is just COD with big robots at this point. Way to screw it up.
  • FamousAzzkicker
    18 postsPosts: 22
    edited November 2016

If you're thread was closed it was because forums are not a place to report cheaters per our Terms of Service - https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/6/titanfall-2-forum-guidelines#latest

this isn't enough , you clearly want us to go out of our way to record a video/screenshot something, and write an email along with attachment to send it to you.
    give us a reportbutton, otherwise this is ridicilous, people are too lazy to report people like that, you are just protecting the hackers this way.

also we dont even have a theatermode like call of duty (an ingame tool that records matches automatically and lets us rewatch it).

this would also scare away some cheaters.
  • Antipop1
    11 postsPosts: 11
    I just spent my arena tickets on some guy gs_boss who basically killed me before I could move 3 times. Tried again, same guy, same result, tried again same guy, I just quit (He was regen 7 I'm 3 way to go matchmaking) many dodgy killcams players going 40 + pilot kills in attrition, every game. Theater mode and easier reporting is a must. Great game but not fit for purpose as game defined is, a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules. With all the cheaters in atm this is not the case. Not fit for purpose = refund by law. Gamers get a raw deal here not only this game but many games and only when the refunds start happening (and they have) will devs take serious steps to stop it.
  • Titanfall 2 is a one of the better first shooter games on the market. It's a shame that the makers of this game is allowing ignorant **** people to use illegal hacks to limit the fun for legitimate gamers, people who paid their hard earned dollars to deal with this kind of ****. Heck if you can''t stop the hackers go after the sites that sell hacks to these nuts. Personally I'll never throw money away on these type of games again. I'm sure you people at Respawn surf the internet just as many of us and if you browse the right places you will find many sites willing to sell undetected hacks to people for an x amount of dollars. Why don't you guys make an example out of some of these sites and you probably will stop some of this mess. Whatever type of banning system you'll are using it's not working fast enough if it is working at all. I can't understand why anyone would want to cheat on a game like this instead of using your own skills to be the winner with a high score. I guess its like the old saying goes. You can find a fool in every crowd.
  • Antipop1 wrote: »
    Theater mode and easier reporting is a must. Great game but not fit for purpose as game defined is, a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules. Not fit for purpose = refund by law. Gamers get a raw deal here not only this game but many games and only when the refunds start happening (and they have) will devs take serious steps to stop it.

Wholeheartedly agree. I play in the S.E.A. region picked the game up for something different. I emplore some respawn staff to spend a night playing (HK time) attrition and tell me this is fun for your customer base? The game is filled with aimbotters and wallhackers.. This isn't noob crying this is legitimate to see in the killcams and yet for some reason they go unpunished. Your Anti-cheat system is failing to do it's job. It's pure and simple there are too many illegitimate players running amok in these servers.

@Respawn Issues you clearly have right now: The method of cheat reporting is absurdly difficult when cheaters are using very strange names. It needs to be fast stream-lined and more efficient. Players are bypassing your anti-cheat somehow they don't have origin profiles but they are playing this game.. find out why?

Secondly there needs to be a theatre mode to analyze the more sneaky types of legit hackers. Why did he snap his aim 45 degrees down to that hallway where a player was coming out when no maphack/sonar was available and the suspect had enemy stalkers right in front of him visible... what logic could we take from that play? This type of anti-cheating is very effective and works well in CSGO... although it also makes the hackers have to try to be smarter and smarter they slip up and make mistakes no matter how aware of looking legit they try to be it catches them. Implement a theatre mode for people like us to spectate make clips and help keep the community clean.

Implement an 'Overwatch' system for more experienced titanfall players to use to vote on suspicious clips in it.
    Introduce a more effective combination of anti-cheat measures other than just FF. FF is being dealt with by legit hackers. They are figuring out the limits of the system and your system is not going to stop them in time to grow your playerbase.

I've been a member for a short period of time. I have decades of FPS experience at a very high competitive level in my home country. I have over 5 years of admin and anti-cheat panel experience in cs 1.6 and CSS in my home country for online competitions and lan competitons with money on the line. I know what to look for and your game is incredibly vulnerable right now.

I Seriously am considering asking for a refund it truly is not a nice experience right now on PC in the S.E.A region.
  • Waldpard
    10 postsPosts: 10
    Es ist wirklich schade, aber dieses Spiel ist nur mehr für cheater interessant. Wer von den normalen Spielern möchte dieses Game unter diesen Umständen noch spielen? Respawn macht gar nichts. Der anti-cheat ist doch nur leeres Gerede. Hauptsache wir haben bezahlt, der Rest interessiert Origin bzw. Respawn nicht. Es ist einfach nur noch lächerlich. Die Cheater haben dieses an sich wirklich sehr gute Spiel ruiniert und Origin schaut einfach zu.

Ich bin seit der ersten Stunde von TF1 dabei, aber mir reicht es jetzt. Das war das Letzte Spiel, das ich mir von Euch gekauft habe.
  • Ihdo
    2 postsPosts: 2
    Hi all,

yesterday cheaters ruined 3 games i played. Killed instantly when moving out of a building over nearly the whole map. Other Players complaining in the cheater Team the cannot find any enemies because he was killing my Team so quickly. You see in the killcam the he turns around 180 degree and fires you down with a perfect headshot, then turning around 45 degree and killing the next one. None of the so called anti cheating Tools banned this guy. I'm done with Titanfall 2, I will never buy a game from Respawn again, when they cannot protect their games from cheaters. Look how good Blizzard can handle it with Overwatch, so that means if the developers really want it, they can make it.

It is to sad that such a good shooter like Titanfall 2 is ruined by cheaters, I loved TF 1 and I love TF2 but it makes no fun anymore to Play this game, It is a shame how Respawn handles this, they are in a hard Position between BF 1 and CoD and Need every Player online to Play this game, there are few enough. But the do nothing for their fair loyal TF Players. Heck I bought the Deluxe Editon for 79 € and I must say I wish I didn't bought this game at all.
  • Antipop1
    edited November 2016
    I have seen 2 videos by different players on different maps playing against this guy any decent anti cheat should ban him in 30 seconds.
    crazy stuff. (edit) No he is in at least a further 4 videos in different matches. Yay fairfight.

• KrossKaos
    4 postsPosts: 11
    What gamemodes are you playing on? I have yet to see any hackers since I started playing several weeks ago
  • Raven42nd
    28 postsPosts: 42
    Cheating report: The following players in AMPED HARDPOINT owned our Hardpoint before we even dropped in and they all had TITANS from the start of the round. Something wrong there.

PatrioticFire
    BFS Noob
    Massacre II
    CrazyKilla
    Icon 006
    SilverWolf

With almost 300 games. I never had one over in less than a minute,
  • I meet one cheater. He joined to the game and made 40/2 in less than 3-4mins. MrBlaKe something close to this but nvm. He was playing with friend. He told us that he played over 1k hour in tf1 and he is a streamer and yt. I check this. 60 sub on yt. (great streamer from t1 with 60 sub :D) and few follows on twitch. Ibrep him in game, on yt and twitch. He was doing 360o with aim and trigger on head. Hr don't miss even once and was following players by wall.(kill cams). Fee times on kill cam he was shoting to wall cuz behind was a guy but then his aim spot me coming from behind(on other side of map) and he killed me instead then he star shoting again to guy begin wall! He was all time moving and he had problem to use jump walls correct.. Today in other game in mech vs mech guy was aiming my head by mech with minigun. That was ridiculous. He was shoting me befor me saw. When I jumped into instakilled and he was still shoting tobmy dead body head even when I was falling down. That was on bridge... Bugged hack but FairFightvcant spot even this. Look at WarZ and tell how blind u can be that u installed this thrash antychaet into so good game.
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLQ6gBQ-Zga60sAXbJrbIVzIs1cCjW_RDf&params=OAFIAVgO&v=tyYaSh1XQJY&mode=NORMAL

I saw many ppl like this. They don't move sometimes. But when u pop up on screen they are shoting. Bots everywhere.
  • aX5iT01wmngv
    95 postsPosts: 102
    edited November 2016
    I've seen hacks/cheats from the very first game on! Triple instant kills with precision aiming from a pistol, the game start out with several titans dropping in at the beginning, pilot could not be killed with neither regular guns nor Titan weapons, so the game is no doubt hacked already. This one in the above video with the "super-speed" I haven't seen yet, but that is pretty mad.

And these guys are bragging about it all over the web and they're coming out with new hacks in the next few days, specifically targeting the holiday season, so PC players better get ready for mass-cheats.

Unfortunately Origin only offers this "report after you catch them" system that is pretty much useless, since they can easily fake their names as well, so what's there to expect from Origin other than the official statement that they 'take it seriously'? NOTHING! :(
  • We need better antycheat. Or denuvo. MLG antycheat is way better than that funny (un)fairfight.
  • aX5iT01wmngv
    95 postsPosts: 102
    edited November 2016
    I've played a few games this morning (for some testings) and there were at least one aimbot cheat in each game! And this is only the beginning! Even with the best ones you can see how instantly they lock on to your pilot and then the next target. Of course, when you make a comment, then they say you suck, even though the cheat is unmistakable, and there is NO options to "report" them immediately.

I believe IF they wanted to stop it, there would be a report option, so they simply shove the dirt under the rug and ignore the problem because A: that's a lot of extra manpower they would need to clean up the cheater mess, B: they can't catch the cheaters and C: They DON'T CARE!
  • i understand the game may be under attack but please at least make reporting easier for us legit players
  • The cheating is absolutely outrageous in this game. There is nothing being done about it. I can't play a single game without someone getting 20+ kills in 3-5 min of the start of the round. This isn't out of anger that I'm bad, salty, etc - the kill cam shows them BLATANTLY cheating, and there is nothing anyone can do about it. This is a shame, because the game is great, but I don't want to play multiplayer at all because of how rampant the aimbotters and wallhackers are.
  • CapJoTD
    edited December 2016
    I played 6 games. It was pilots vs. pilots. In 3 games I had a cheater. One cheater "Fractured_Twig" had 72 out of 100 kills for his team. So don't tell me he was good an I was bad.

Every cheater had a private profile. It's really annoying and most people don't even know how to report a player. It is not even possible to view the stat screen of your last games, so cannot look up the name of the cheater after a game has finished.
  • Or just make the game/anti-cheat system look at least for this example. Seriously. Yes, there is a video on youtube.
  • I think it may be the same app. Which allows us to use the 'false advertising' flag on YT.
  • likeaboss1606
    61 postsPosts: 66
    There's a simple solution to all of this: play LTS 24/7. Hacks are close to useless there, so why would someone use them?
  • DARTHRULER1
    edited December 2016
    Was playing a few games of attrition with friends when we had two games of someone on the enemy team causing the whole match to lag and causing rubberbanding and he was moving faster and teleporting across the map and another match we experienced a player with a silent aim (GODBUD420JESUS).
  • Tommyrocket2
    10 postsPosts: 10
    The cheating is absolutely outrageous in this game. There is nothing being done about it. I can't play a single game without someone getting 20+ kills in 3-5 min of the start of the round. This isn't out of anger that I'm bad, salty, etc - the kill cam shows them BLATANTLY cheating, and there is nothing anyone can do about it. This is a shame, because the game is great, but I don't want to play multiplayer at all because of how rampant the aimbotters and wallhackers are.

Went against a guy just earlier that went 34-4 and 214 points in one round of Attrition. Denies the fact that he blatantly hacks when called out of course, but he had many, many more points than his entire team combined. Basically soloed us. Killed at least, what, 4 or 5 of us each time he spawned, within a short period of time? Had 20 kills in just the first two minutes of the game, or around when the clock showed 7:30 left. Plain ridiculous.
  • Antipop1
    Why have the Devs now gone quiet in this topic? Still infested with cheaters. They choose this game for the inability to report properly. It's a joke and I'll say again the game is not fit for purpose.
  • Hax are ruining this game!