Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

datacenter problems?

War_MachineXL
246 postsPosts: 269 ✭✭✭
The datacenters I have used since launch now have 30ms higher pings and datacenters I have never used before have lower pings what's going on?

Comments

• ChromolyRex
    370 postsPosts: 374 ✭✭✭
    Superman did his thing and the earth is now rotating in the opposite direction, causing havoc all over the place. :tongue:

Maybe some internet routes between you and the datacenters have changed.
    Generations: Pilot G10.49/50 (capped), ARES Division G7, R-201 G5, MGL G13, Northstar G30.
  • rarfarfar
    713 postsPosts: 802 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Same for me. Frankfurt used to be <30ms, now it's 39ms. Amsterdam, which is even close is now 45ms, also up from <30ms. Ping test from PC to Nice or Milano still returns a ping less than 40ms, and to other datacentres in Amsterdam and Franfurt I get <25ms, so I doubt it's a routing problem.
    In game I've seen a jump from a consistent 49-50ms to 64-65ms. I even powercycled everything, and retested my connection on dslreports. It still retruns A+ even for bufferbloat. PS4 is still cabled and in the DMZ
    https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/7321/ping-today#latest
    Looks like @Jayfresh_Respawn did his vanishing act again, but on the off-chance he reads this; What did respawn change in the netwrok setup? My best guess is that playercount got so low, that Respawn changed plans with the server provider, which meant a downgrade. No sense in paying a preuim fee for something that's not highly used
    *edit* Did a quick check on reddit, and this is interesting; https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5e8lrf/datacenter_matchmaking_question/ PS4 player lives in Germany, but is auto-connected to US servers, and has a -1 ping to Frankfurt :o
    No nerfs! You're Pilots. You adapt. You Improvise. You overcome!
  • omfgbbq123456
    69 postsPosts: 70
    edited November 2016
    their must have been some server changes undertaken. geographically im closest to frankfurt, got 55ms. Now its a standard 66ms while Amsterdam is 57ms.
  • their must have been some server changes undertaken. geographically im closest to frankfurt, got 55ms. Now its a standard 66ms while Amsterdam is 57ms.

How is the ingame ping for you though?
  • rarfarfar
    their must have been some server changes undertaken. geographically im closest to frankfurt, got 55ms. Now its a standard 66ms while Amsterdam is 57ms.
    Glad it's not just me. My best bet is still a downgrade on the server service. If EA/Respawn can cut costs by downgrading they will, at the end of the day it's a business.
  • rarfarfar
    @War_MachineXL and others, you can report datacenter and ping problems here: https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/comment/31325/#Comment_31325
  • ky1984
    2 postsPosts: 2
    Data center for me is around 22-24 ms ping but when I get into games it's @ least 70 with spikes up to 7000ms and timing out. What's going on??
  • Artarie187
    7 postsPosts: 7
    I would hope that server quality would not be downgraded as this is a multiplayer franchise but the lag is killing me and the new data center numbers Im seeing as well seem a bit deceptive...?
  • thesleepingbat
    8 postsPosts: 9
    edited April 2017
    This is a fun-killing issue for me. EA, what's up?

It all began with the second-to-last update in March, around the same time when Mass Effect was released. Hmmmm... did ME steal TF2's servers?

I am based in NYC, I have a 5-7 ms ping to the NYC server even now. It used to be something even crazier like 2-3 ms.
    It used to be that, in-game, I would have, at worst, 15 ms ping in-game. Usually it was 5-10. Now, every round I play, there is a time when I die/lose/have something awful happen to me because my ping spikes, and even steady-state, it is now at 30ms-60ms, which used to be the absolute worst ping I'd get, and at worst now, it can go all the way up to 100 ms+.

EA, why did you bother releasing new skins, and new in-game purchases, just to make the entire game unplayable? I'm not going to buy cosmetic upgrades for a game that isn't fun anymore.

I went from consistently placing first (I am a G10) most of the time to now occasionally placing last and more frequently in the middle. My kill:death ratio against players has dropped from being as high as 7-10 to now around 2.5. It is because I CANNOT HIT ANYTHING from far away and people sneak up on me constantly to get in the kill zone. Not to mention, because of the ping, jumping doesn't work as consistently, you get stuck to things, you get stepped on by titans more easily. It's just frustrating; it's not fun anymore. It's like I'm playing with cement shoes.

Anyway, EA, if you are reading this, please explain what's going on. If this is permanent, I'm going to just stop wasting my time. I love TF2 and would be happy to pay for better ping / playing experience, but I'm not going to waste my time if all you're going to provide is a garbage-level latency. Fix it before you lose all your players!