Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Constant Lag Spikes

Comments

• Reporting Template:
    Platform: PC
    Issue: Game locks up, I freeze mid animation and become extremely vulnerable
    Can you reproduce this issue 100% of the time: Yes, it's in every single round multiple times.
    Details on how to reproduce the issue: Not sure, be me and use my computer?
    If you're having connectivity problems or issues in regards to lag etc. please provide the following:
    Region: NA
    Internet Service Provider (ISP): Comcast Xfinity
    Connection Speed: 90.15 megabit download, 12.15 megabit upload.
    Screenshots or Private video links: http://plays.tv/video/5832648cac2198c60c/titanfall-2-stuttering-issue
    Processor (CPU): AMD FX-8150
    Graphics Card (GPU): AMD Radeon R9 270
    Memory: 16 GB
    Operating System: Windows 10

Notably you can see in one of the killcams that from the perspective of other players I am fully frozen. A friend who I play with confirms this. This is independent of my graphics settings and even freezes me up in menus. I'm hit with absurd lag spikes or something and the messages "Out of Snapshots" "Net Choked", etc. This happens every game, every gametype, every local server, etc. I've tried reinstalling, plugging directly into the modem, making sure everything is closed in the background, etc. This has been happening for weeks. Let me know if there is further information I can provide.
  • Reporting Template:
    Issue: Game locks up, I freeze mid animation and become extremely vulnerable
    Can you reproduce this issue 100% of the time: Yes, it's in every single round multiple times.
    Details on how to reproduce the issue: Not sure, be me and use my computer?
    If you're having connectivity problems or issues in regards to lag etc. please provide the following:
    Region: NA
    Internet Service Provider (ISP): Comcast Xfinity
    Connection Speed: 90.15 megabit download, 12.15 megabit upload.
    Screenshots or Private video links: http://plays.tv/video/5832648cac2198c60c/titanfall-2-stuttering-issue
    Processor (CPU): AMD FX-8150
    Graphics Card (GPU): AMD Radeon R9 270
    Memory: 16 GB
    Operating System: Windows 10

Notably you can see in one of the killcams that from the perspective of other players I am fully frozen. A friend who I play with confirms this. This is independent of my graphics settings and even freezes me up in menus. I'm hit with absurd lag spikes or something and the messages "Out of Snapshots" "Net Choked", etc. This happens every game, every gametype, every local server, etc. I've tried reinstalling, plugging directly into the modem, making sure everything is closed in the background, etc. This has been happening for weeks. Let me know if there is further information I can provide.

I witnessed this personally in a match when I killed someone. This thread needs to be addressed.
  • DrBlubbinger
    13 postsPosts: 15
    edited November 2016
    This is pretty much the same issue I'm having, though most times I can still look around (not move) while the rest of the game state is frozen. And my lag spikes are 5+ seconds and happen irregularly about every 20 seconds.

And some games are just perfectly fine, usually at certain times of day I can play and at others nothing works.

Hopefully the patch that's supposed to be coming this week fixes this...

This issue and the lack of dev response is really frustrating. 3 weeks since release and the MP is unplayable for so many people.
  • Winckle
    4 postsPosts: 4
    This lag spike/multiplayer stuttering/rubberbanding issue is still persisting for me on PS4 in Europe and it seems to have worsen in the past few days. It's one of best multiplayer I played in recent memory and I love Respawn's long term plan for the game but it's impossible for me to enjoy the multiplayer in this state. I'm giving the devs one last month before I'm officially saying bye-bye to TF2.
    Looking at the number of people reporting this problem on all platforms and on different continents, it cannot be a ISP problem.
    More reports here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/search?q=lag+spike&sort=new&restrict_sr=on&t=all
  • bill_G164
    3 postsPosts: 5
    I have the same problem as many of my teammates from Greece!
  • Same here. I tried multiple datacenters in Europe, still the same lag spikes, despite the datacenter browser displaying very low ping.
    Plus, when I try to send a message into the network chat, it takes some time to actually appear in the caht after i sent it.
    Sometimes, i even get disconnected from the game, and get bak to the title screen.
    I'm having no issue playing the campaign though, a smooth 1080p 60fps. It's just that the network is broken. I don't have any issue of that type with any other multiplayer game.
  • 0X02
    1 postsPosts: 1
    I'm having this lag problem on PS4 for the last few days now. My internet speed is 60 Mbps download and 6 Mbps upload. Data Center is Salt Lake City at around 45ms usually (47 tonight). The ping shoots up to 200+ and makes me unable to do anything due to rubberbanding. It's really frustrating. I've been playing this game 3-4 hours every day for the last 2 weeks, and suddenly it's completely broken.

For all of you PC people, this is 100% not related to your hardware. Something is wrong on Respawn's end.
  • MASTERX1234
    68 postsPosts: 77
    Im also experiencing severe lag since launch day

Server: St, Louis (default)

Every match has wild fluctuating ping without any explanation, every other game doesnt have this lag issues.

• nextnomura
    3 postsPosts: 3
    I have this issue as well, I play Titanfall 2 on PC.
    At first I thought this was a totally different issue that I posted in other thread in this forum, and when the FPS get really low like 5 FPS then I press tab key and the ping shows that I have a really high ping, it's about 500 and it changing very fast from 50 to 500.
    And usually in "normal" situation my ping is about 50 and spiking to 150, that is when I got the micro stutter issue.
    So now I know it's not about graphic card problem, not about drivers problem, not about CPU clock problem or any other hardware. It's about connection problem, this only happens with Titanfall 2.
    Please fix this.
  • isiah_thomas
    edited December 2016
    Hello,
    I read nearly all the posts in this topic, the problem is still unsolved I guess.
    I am experiencing the same problem since the latest update to the game.
    I play the game from Turkey on PS4 platform and I get a ping between 50 and 65 on the Main Menu from the Data Center, but whenever I play a game, the ping spikes to 500, 600 even 700s. It gets unplayable and I quit most of the time because of that problem.
    I tested many data centers and I played in different modes but the problem persists.
    I have no problem with my internet connection whatsoever in general or in PS4 as I constantly play other online games on PS4 like Division, Street Fighter V and etc.
    If anyone has a possible solution for this problem, please advise.
    Thank you

UPDATE: THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED BY ITSELF, FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF TIMES I LOGGED IN TO PLAY THE GAME, I DIDN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM.
  • Hello guys ive also been getting alot of lag spikes in multiplayer (internet related). I have enough ram left (run it on high setting) and the stuTters or lag does not show on the fps counter. I do not get any error messages. I live in south africa and have a ping of about 230ms ( maybe this is the problem?? ) I have a downlaod speed of 7.5mbs and an upload of 0,8 ( i know it sucks if you compare it to america or europe) But i think this connection is good enough for gaming so i dont know what is causing this in the internet, im using ethernet btw. the laggyness is ok at the beginning like the first game but after a while the game gets completely unplayable but it doesnt show up in the fps counter (fraps)......PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Specs:

core i3 6100
    gtx 1060 3gb
    8gb ram
    1tb hdd
  • krazyyon
    2 postsPosts: 2
    Titanfall 2 - Pc

Specs: Win 7
    AsRock H87 Pro
    i5 4670
    GTX 970 MSI
    8 Gig DDR 3 RAM Corsair

Medusa 7.1 XE

Hey there,

i play tf2 for six weeks now and the first couple of weeks it ran smooth and i was happy about that, cause tf1 has some really annoying mouse issues. however, for a while now i have the same problem like all of us (lag spikes, sound bugs, crackling, stuttering even without any fps loss etc) and short after i noticed it, i searched for a solution.

soon i was sure, there is no solution yet, after reading and reading and surfing thru the forums. not just the titanfall forums.
    ive tried everything what came in my mind, the different settings ingame, nvidia experience (max performance) etc etc, the known stuff.
    ive tried the one with the settings.cfg (gpu_vram_size_mb "XXXX") the x is ur vram memory - but even this seems not to be working.

long story short - i have enabled vsync, first in the game (triple buffered) with following but not that annoying delay and after that ive enabled vsync thru nvidia experience - which also causes a lil bit of a delay, but its almost fine.

but it wasn't enough for me, so i just closed nvidia experience itself.... cause i was out of ideas and there u go. the game runs smooth as butter, even without any vsync.

no lag spikes, no sound crackling/stuttering, nothing! ...atleast for now...

often i read this is caused by the 7.1/5.1 headsets, but can't test it yet with any other headset cause my old one (just stereo) is broken.

alright, hope it helps some of u and sry for the boring text. im tired af, but after all this research and desperation i want to let u know that there is a solution... maybe.

TITANLOVE
  • Robbie44G
    93 postsPosts: 105
    XBox One

Any EU Server.

Connecting from Scotland to London 18ms. All other EU servers 20-35ms. Ingame sits around 50-60ms and spikes over 130-40ms most of the time.

Only really been like this since patch 2.0.1.1

7375842.png
  • alfen1980_Nor
    118 postsPosts: 125
    krazyyon wrote: »
    Titanfall 2 - Pc

Specs: Win 7
    AsRock H87 Pro
    i5 4670
    GTX 970 MSI
    8 Gig DDR 3 RAM Corsair

Medusa 7.1 XE

Hey there,

i play tf2 for six weeks now and the first couple of weeks it ran smooth and i was happy about that, cause tf1 has some really annoying mouse issues. however, for a while now i have the same problem like all of us (lag spikes, sound bugs, crackling, stuttering even without any fps loss etc) and short after i noticed it, i searched for a solution.

soon i was sure, there is no solution yet, after reading and reading and surfing thru the forums. not just the titanfall forums.
    ive tried everything what came in my mind, the different settings ingame, nvidia experience (max performance) etc etc, the known stuff.
    ive tried the one with the settings.cfg (gpu_vram_size_mb "XXXX") the x is ur vram memory - but even this seems not to be working.

long story short - i have enabled vsync, first in the game (triple buffered) with following but not that annoying delay and after that ive enabled vsync thru nvidia experience - which also causes a lil bit of a delay, but its almost fine.

but it wasn't enough for me, so i just closed nvidia experience itself.... cause i was out of ideas and there u go. the game runs smooth as butter, even without any vsync.

no lag spikes, no sound crackling/stuttering, nothing! ...atleast for now...

often i read this is caused by the 7.1/5.1 headsets, but can't test it yet with any other headset cause my old one (just stereo) is broken.

alright, hope it helps some of u and sry for the boring text. im tired af, but after all this research and desperation i want to let u know that there is a solution... maybe.

TITANLOVE

Same problem here. Tried the "gpc_vram...." Change from low to insane and waited for 5-6 sec then change back etc But it doesn't work. I still have lag, stuttering etc.
    I use Amsterdam ( 29-31 ping in lobby) 42-210 in game and i tried London (34 ping in lobby) same result.

Pc spec: I7 6700K @ 4ghz, 16G RAM, GTX1070, Samsung 250SSD. Win10,

Some games are great and fluent others lag and stutter Even my gun stops firing sometimes. This is getting pretty annoying :-)

I`ll try closing "nvidia experience" next time i play and post my results.

Thank you for the tip :-)

Also Titanfall2 starts in window mode every time and i have to change it to full screen,
    Origin doesn't want to sync data to the cloud and today i got a error message that said: "Connection rejected Your fairfight category is incompatible with this game server" Just clicked "Dismiss" and it was gone. I'm going to reinstall the game as soon as Origin fixes the "sync with cloud" problem i'm having ( Don't want to loose my progression ) But these problems startet 2-3 days ago but the lag and the stuttering has been going on for a while.

Kisses`n Hugz

AEN
  • alfen1980_Nor
    118 postsPosts: 125
    edited December 2016
    Just played 6-7 rounds after closing "nvidia experience" The 3 first where laggy and the 3 last ones were good. So it didn't help for me, but thanks for the tip. Theres no consistency in this problem some days are great others er horrible and nothing has changed in settings, instalments etc. Is it my IP or servers or my pc? I also just have stereo headphones no fancy 7.1 or 5.1. I have also tried minimizing Origin (Someone wrote that that would help) Adjusted settings down to "Low" from "Insane" still the same problems. Next step is contacting a witch doktor........

Origin Seems to be back to it former glory it can now sync with the mighty titanfall cloud :-) So i have that going for me, which is nice
  • Having this same issue. Built *a whole new computer* and am still having the issue. I'm on Comcast Xfinity with 80Mbps+ download, 12Mbps+ upload speeds in San Jose, California, and this is the only online game that gives me any issue whatsoever. It's unplayable almost every time I try. I'd like a refund if you can't fix this soon.
  • Having this same issue. Built *a whole new computer* and am still having the issue. I'm on Comcast Xfinity with 80Mbps+ download, 12Mbps+ upload speeds in San Jose, California, and this is the only online game that gives me any issue whatsoever. It's unplayable almost every time I try. I'd like a refund if you can't fix this soon.

Found this video, which shows exactly what my issue looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KWpMwMDagk
  • lIREGGIEIl
    3 postsPosts: 3
    edited December 2016
    I am also getting this stutter only in online matchmaking this is a **** jock so i jumped on BF1 no stutter with all setting on ultra came back to titan FAIL 2 still getting this **** stutter even after i dropped all setting to bear bone this is not the AAA gaming experience I paid for or expected

BADASS PC cpu i7 6700k ram DDR4 top range as is the rest of my beast
    nat is optimized so the game is ****
  • Yopodust wrote: »
    Yes, another interesting thing is that both Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 multiplayer matches are affected by the same exact lag-spike and rubber-banding problem. That would indicate that this is a problem with EA/Origin's servers or data centers since both games are affected, and neither Titanfall 2 or BF1 had this lag-spike/rubberbanding problem when I first played their multiplayer components. For the first few days after Titanfall 2 and BF1 were released, I played both games in multiplayer matches with NO lag issues or rubberbanding problems at all.

i only get it on titan FAIL ?
  • ok so since EA does not feel the need to notify anyone i will on there behalf ...... ok so i just got off the phone with ea they are aware of this issue and apparently/allegedly are working on a resolution this will make or break my opinion of this game developer and will directly effect my purchases in the future
  • Same problem for me. Specs:

i7-5820K
    GTX 1080
    32GB RAM
    75MB down and 15MB up

There is no reason I should lag AT ALL.
  • I think this is another COD B03 they wont fix the lag. Mayby in a year or 2 it will be a little better. I will never buy a game by respawn again. We were right from the beginning when we suspected this game to be ****. Because they didnt even have a PC beta test, "we got it under control" they said. **** them for taking a dumb in our face once again and laughting with our money. They fooled us all, and they will keep doing it because people buying it. You got your chances from me, i will stick to those game is know can deliver.
  • Logicasylum
    edited January 2017
    same problem, lag during multi. It's almost unplayable... I never had that in Titan Fall 1

60M/20M

i5 2400 (3.1 GHz)

GTX1060

8g RAM

win 10 64bit

• theverve
    Same problem here from a PS4 in Argentina, the data center São Paulo says 40 in the match says 200 too 2500, the game was working fine a week ago!!!
  • I am having the same problem. My game ran almost perfect up until christmas. Then my game lags whenever I play, but I only get lag while playing Titanfall 2
  • Still nothing?
  • PathVector
    12 postsPosts: 14
    Still the same since Live Fire update.
    This is very frustrating.
  • ky1984
    2 postsPosts: 2
    edited April 2017
    Absolutely unplayable ping, when in game it starts at 70 something then it spikes up to 7000. which is like 7 seconds. what's going on with the servers? BTW I live in Richmond BC Canada using Shaw 30.
    Using Intel i7 5820k, 16GB ram, nvidia msi gtx 970, samsung 950 pro.
  • phoenixmsg
    5 postsPosts: 5
    The game is awesome, but the ping is just too bad.
    Something is really wrong with the singapore servers or all the servers. i can play at 130 pings at times, very rarely, but mostly i get 500ms as average.
    This is very frustrating, for a fast paced game ping really matters, and this is just way too much. I play titanfall 1 too, but it doesn't have this much of a problem.