Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Disconnect//Main Menu After Every Match

steeldragonz
12 postsPosts: 13
As the title says, I am finding games find, playing fine, [ping for 30ms, london datacentre 12ms] but at the end of EVERY SINGLE match I am thrown to the main menu and have to wait for the server to reconnect.
This then takes upto a few minutes to happen with it cycling through matchmaking lists and reconnects 1-9, On top of that even if i close the game and restart it the server doesnt just let me reconnect and will cycle through this anyway.

I have checked my firewall, i have tried with no firewall, this still happens, i have also disabled other network adpters i have so only the one for my internet connection are enabled and this still happens.

Basically I cant play because it after every match i have to then wait constantly to get back into the lobby and then to rejoin my party/game.

Would really like a response on this, as the game is unplayable like it as all my time is spent reconnecting, and is killing my motivation to play, which in turn means im not going to be asking friends to get this and play with me like the first one.

Comments

• BetaDaysUK
    11 postsPosts: 12
    Getting exactly the same thing.

uhk5q6o2mcid.png
  • Sledge70
    148 postsPosts: 227 Community Manager
    Can you provide us details around your internet connection?
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer70
    Sledgehammer70
  • The same thing here on PS4.
  • steeldragonz
    PC: 72mbps down / 20 up, wired not wifi, in the UK. Zen internet. have no issues with other games. The fact that even if i close the game and restart it i have to wait for it to decide to reconnect me leads me to assume something is going on server side rather that my end tbh.

As im able to close the game, close origin and restart it all in a matter of seconds and yet when i get back into the main menu it will still go into a cycle of matchmaking reconnects, unlike if i had just started the fame for the first time in a session where it will connect first time.
  • micha3l_a
    1 postsPosts: 1
    keeps happening as well on PS4. every match i'm kicked from the party queue.
  • Jacket785
    157 postsPosts: 162 ✭✭
    95% of the matches I connect to I always get kicked when it shows (prepare to jump) or if I'm lucky, I get into a match and about 5 minutes in, the game times out on me. I'm glad i'm not the only one facing this issue, but i'm beginning to feel that I wasted $60 on this. I experienced this during the beta and I told myself, it will be fixed when the game comes out, too bad it hasn't.
    "My expectations are usually low, so that I'm not disappointed"

• azprodigy
    31 postsPosts: 31
    Jacket im in your same boat man. What you just said is what is happening to me every game every try.
  • Sledge70
    148 postsPosts: 227 Community Manager
    Can any one of you publish a video showing what is happening? Would love to see when it crashes and everything that happens after the crash.
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer70
    Sledgehammer70
  • Jacket785
    Sledge70 wrote: »
    Can any one of you publish a video showing what is happening? Would love to see when it crashes and everything that happens after the crash.

More than happy to. I just streamed this footage and I played for 20 minutes. I was lucky enough to play through one match. You can even see that my ping is good at the end of the match and I even tried the same gametype, but with crashes. Really hoping this gets fixed.

• azprodigy
    I click on a game mode...it finds a game...brings me to a black screen that says "Jumping to location". I hear the noise of the jump ship but still black screen. It then kicks me out saying "error to server timed out" Im on Xbox 1.
  • azprodigy
    Thanks for that video Jacket. Thats whats happening to me, except if I get put in a game I usually get kicked after 2-3 min of play.
  • steeldragonz
    [PC Version], This happens every single match, and the same amount of time is taken to reconnect [it goes into the cycle of reconnects] even if i was to close the game, Close Origin and restart them both. I have low Ping to all the datacentres, with the slowest being about 229-299, and regardless of if i switch datacentre this still happens.

This i have to stress about this though is that i have no problems ingame, no lag, no dc's, nothing. It just destroys the flow and my motivation to play when i literally get 1 game then i might as well stop. as my Friends have to constantly wait for me to reconnect.

• CinnamonJedi
    1 postsPosts: 2
    edited October 2016
    X1
    Reproducable every single time
    After a multiplayer game finished for me I get disconnected to the main screen and have to spend several minutes reconnecting. Upon initial launch I connect instantly and it is ONLY after the game is finished I get kicked.

EU
    Plusnet
    Connection (Xbox detailed network stats):
    6.95Mbps DL
    0.58Mbps UL
    158 ms latency
    0% Packet loss

I play a lot of MP games, from R6 siege, destiny, battlefield and have no issues with them.

Would be nice for a fix!

This also happens on Titanfall 1 on X1, but a lot less frequently. 1/20 or so games in comparison to every game on here.
  • steeldragonz
    X1
    Reproducable every single time
    After a multiplayer game finished for me I get disconnected to the main screen and have to spend several minutes reconnecting. Upon initial launch I connect instantly and it is ONLY after the game is finished I get kicked.

This is my issue, every match, and it has pretty much killed my enjoyment of the game.
    Zen Internet.
    5759679572.png

• Jacket785
    Right? I want to enjoy this game so much, but because of this issue I'm stuck with Single Player and I already beat that in one sitting. What surprises me is how this issue managed to slip through the cracks of the beta, because I'm sure that there was someone that bought this issue up.

• houndzero
    5 postsPosts: 7
    this is exactly what happens to me! i play on xbox one and in the uk, always sends me back out of a game, every other game. works fine other than this, i really hope they fix it soon its a really fun game.
  • I have lost 4 double exp becasue of this issue. I can play for like a game or two then i lag and then it drops me. please help.
  • steeldragonz
    Jacket785 wrote: »
    Right? I want to enjoy this game so much, but because of this issue I'm stuck with Single Player and I already beat that in one sitting. What surprises me is how this issue managed to slip through the cracks of the beta, because I'm sure that there was someone that bought this issue up.

This is what annoys me most, even my FIRST search on this topic gave me forums results from the FIRST technical beta and stuff as far back as july/august in tit2, so why are so many of us having this problem.

What makes it more annoying is that it is on all platforms, though i started this thread and im on PC, we have xb1 and ps4 people in here to from the looks of it with the same **** issue.

It needs to be fixed, after all the people that abused the happy hour bug are now in the 30+ range [thats now fixed] and we cant even get a good session of 1 game because dc.
  • Jacket785
    I really think this thread needs to be sticky for people who have the same issue and post gameplay of the issue to help out the devs on this.

• azprodigy
    Absolutely right SteelDragonz! I had this problem in beta on my Xbox 1 and complained about it on here. I preordered anyways thinking it was a beta issue. Shocked to see all 3 platforms have this issue. This is a joke.
  • Atleast u guys get to play i get kicked at drop or if Im lucky I get to drop and the remain frozen maps are pretty tho Lol I havnt even dropped a titan yet T.T why is this happennning to meeeeeeee
  • Games becoming a coaster for my drinks more and more as this time passes
  • steeldragonz
    Sadly at this point unless its fixed so, this will just go down as another Origin Purchase i shouldnt of bothered with. By Another i mean my 2nd and final, i would rather just skip ea and anything on Origin if this is the type of support and product that it is going to be pushing, and stick 100's of games [a lot of which have lots of hours on] in my steam account.

EA you should of just stuck with Valve and let them have their 30%~ at this rate.

Your silence and lack of timely feedback on this [albeit from your CM] doesnt do anything for those of us who really wanted to enjoy the game. Most of us here are looking at having paid the full price of your game for a 4-5 hour [if you didnt speedrun it in 100 min-120 minutes] single player campaign....and personally i rate a games price [worth] in how many hours i get out of it.

Suppose i will stop typing now before i start throwing abuse around.
  • Jacket785
    At least the issue was added to the Known Issues list, so that's a step in the right direction, but it's sad that I can't play more of this game because of this issue and it has to sit in my library untouched for weeks or months even before I can start playing again. It'd be nice if the people who experienced this issue were compensated in some way. An exclusive skin, or 1 free weapon unlock of your choice, just something for putting up with this.

• azprodigy
    Its been on the "known issues list" since launch. They asked for video of the issue which someone posted. No reply since then.
  • Brizzy0518
    7 postsPosts: 7
    So dissapointed, The game plays fantastic but these server problems is really turning me off the game. Like everyone else, I keep getting timed out before the match even starts. And this happens everytime I attempt to join a game. This is hapening on the ps4 by the way
  • Jacket785
    edited November 2016
    azprodigy wrote: »
    Its been on the "known issues list" since launch. They asked for video of the issue which someone posted. No reply since then.

Yeah, which I posted and someone else did. Look the only way we can get this solved is by showing the devs more footage of this and give them a better idea of what's happening. That means that everybody here who has experienced this issue should show some gameplay of it. There's really no reason that you can't if you have either an Xbox One or PS4.

I don't like the situation any more than most of the people here, but if we can support the game and try to get it resolved by helping the devs, instead of complaining about it. I know that people have pointed out that what my footage shows is what they're experiencing, but don't let that be the only footage that they can use. Post more of it and we can get this resolved sooner rather than later down the line. I know i'm not the only one that doesn't want to leave this game on the shelf like another dusty old book.

• Xer0Signal
    13 postsPosts: 14
    Hi, I'm having a similar problem, but, it doesn't even wait for me to finish the game! It happens whenever I try to respawn. Here's an example. Thought it might help the devs!

https://account.xbox.com/en-US/gameclip/be965f24-3f47-4ba9-be93-011a9d9a99bf?gamertag=Xer0Signal&scid=387a0100-dd3f-4dd2-9471-88134448127b
  • Brizzy0518
    7 postsPosts: 7
    Here is my video

https://youtu.be/PP7VAvoiPJY

• steeldragonz
    Well tbh at this point i lost most my will to play, and for now im playing other stuff, though im going to keep trying on and off, i wont be streaming tit2 anymore for now.