Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

file corruption detected

jessetys
3 postsPosts: 4
so my titanfall gives me this notification on start
legbpgahecq1.png

I reinstalled twice, fixed the install countless times, updated my drivers, and windows, restarted my PC a few times.
so whats next?

Comments

• Greywiind
    4 postsPosts: 4
    edited October 2016
    Same friggin issue, re-downloaded game 3 times now evry time get the file corruption at start up, rebooted, repaired, but gives the same stuff
  • lansdowne24
    159 postsPosts: 187
    Try a clean install of windows run DX.exe in game folder
  • Greywiind
    Try a clean install of windows run DX.exe in game folder

Done evrything, clean install, re-install and re-download, repair and so on, evry trick in the book, giving it 1 last chance 4th redownload and install
  • Sledge70
    148 postsPosts: 227 Community Manager
    @Greywiind @jessetys

Can you do us a favor and try a different install directory?
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer70
    Sledgehammer70
  • jessetys
    Sledge70 wrote: »
    @Greywiind @jessetys

i did that but now i cant connect to ea's server so i can't activate my game and therefore i do not know if it works
  • Greywiind
    @Greywiind @jessetys

Ive solved it by installing on other language instead of english, installed it in russian and it works like charm...
  • jessetys
    @Greywiind @jessetys

no, installing to a different drive did not work
  • Greywiind
    jessetys wrote: »
    @Greywiind @jessetys

no, installing to a different drive did not work

Try to install in different language mate, then start game, quit it and in game properties choose language that you initially wanted, that should do the trick
  • goofybk
    1 postsPosts: 1
    Same issue for me. I have an Nvidia 960 that Runs the new Gears and Forza Horizon so I know my rig can handle it. Yet the game won't even load. I wonder what the process is for requesting a refund for a game that will not work?
  • rc4128
    edited October 2016
    Same problem, redownloading, changing file install location(to a different hard drive), running repair and installing in a different language does nothing to fix this.

Attepting to run on a i5-6600k, 16gb ram and a gtx970.
  • jessetys
    i got it working, installed it in russian, and it launched, but didnt find my installation of origin, so check that your origin is upp to date. after I redownloaded origin and switched back to english it worked perfectly.
    a whole lot of trouble for a single game
  • rokunyan
    Same problem,any time repair and re-install ,but not work my titan.
  • i have the same problem. consequence seems to be infinite searching server. solo works fine for me.
  • Dic3ptor
    edited October 2016
    Look to your Firewall settings and Firewall settings in your Antivir Software. I use Avast and avast decided to block all connection. That results in the error above.
    After allow connection again the error was gone6a8gdkuzup7d.jpg
  • Sunset_AL
    3 postsPosts: 3
    Same problem,any time repair and re-install did not work.
  • Sunset_AL
    jessetys wrote: »
    i got it working, installed it in russian, and it launched, but didnt find my installation of origin, so check that your origin is upp to date. after I redownloaded origin and switched back to english it worked perfectly.
    a whole lot of trouble for a single game

describe ur steps in detail plz. "and it launched, but didnt find my installation of origin" u didnt launch TF2 in origin?
  • Sunset_AL
    edited November 2016
    installed it in russian and lauched then how to check my origin uppto date?
  • Simpl3xPL
    1 postsPosts: 3
    Here's what helped me
    1) set language to russian
    2) restarted orign
    3) launched game
    4) changed language to english
    5) restarted oriign
    6) Launched game
  • Hi Guys,

So I found the problem that is causing me this corrupt file error.
    For some reason, all my files inside \Origin Games\Titanfall2\vpk all seem to be set to a 'Source Game Add-on' file type.
    I have no clue how to correct this, but atleast it is something. Anyone else having this issue?

rge1hcdu72iw.png

I have tried redownloading the game, repairing and just deleting the vpk files, anyone got any ideas as to how to change these back?
  • okay, so I fixed my issue, don't know if it will help anyone else.

1. I downloaded the titanfall vpk tool thing that fixed tf1.
    https://dev.cra0kalo.com/?p=137

2. go to the vpk folder, right click any of them and go to properties, then change the program from steamaddoninstaller to the .exe for the tf1tool.

3. delete the tf1tool from your computer (it just reset the files to unknown program)

4. delete vpk folder and run the repair. It should be around 8.52gb download again.

That is what seemed to work for me.
  • PEKKA_009
    Simpl3xPL wrote: »
    Here's what helped me
    2) restarted orign
    3) launched game
    5) restarted oriign
    6) Launched game

ohh my god..it really worked..was struggling whole day and didnt want to re-download and re-install the game...thanks a lot bro....u r my saviour...
  • I just brought this game and I have the exact same problem, the game even starts up and pulls this **** at the EA splash screen.

I have tried all the suggestions here and it still is'nt working. This is the first time I have had a problem with a game starting in years.... Including the rest of my games in origin. What's going on?

I'f I don't find a solution shortly I will just have to as for a refund.
  • lonewolf40514
    edited January 2017
    Having this same problem now. It seems that there are no solutions that work for all users, and yet neither EA nor the Titanfall devs seem to think its important to respond to customers being unable to even launch the game they payed for. Absolutely shameful.
  • sp44z
    same here...

i reinstall system and 4x origin, 3x game... 6h :)
  • Zbychc
    I know, that it's an old thread, but in case someone googles for a solution, here's what had helped me:
    Go to Origin -> App settings and turn on beta updates. Then after you restart origin let it update and everything should be working. You can turn off beta updates after that.
  • benbenblob98
    Here's what helped me
    2) restarted orign
    3) launched game
    5) restarted oriign
    6) Launched game

do you mean change origin language to russian or titanfall language to russian?
  • Magikf1ngers
    4707 postsPosts: 4,762 mod
    Here's what helped me
    2) restarted orign
    3) launched game
    5) restarted oriign
    6) Launched game

do you mean change origin language to russian or titanfall language to russian?

I wouldn't expect an answer - the post you quoted is three years old, and the poster only has 3 posts from that same time period.

Best bet, if you're having an issue, is to contact EA Support - these are the official Fan forums, and while we try to help when we can, it's not going to be anything official. Especially since this sounds like it might be a known issue, and EA should be able to help.
    Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot