Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Titanfall 2 PC Hang

dcsastry
0 postsPosts: 1
Platform: PC
Issue: Game hangs at start, fairly high CPU usage. The screen stays black, no audio. If running windows mode (pic attached) window stays white, no audio. Have reinstalled multiple times, no change in behavior.
Can you reproduce this issue 100% of the time: Yes
Details on how to reproduce the issue: Happens every time the game is launched from Origin desktop app, or from desktop link.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M and Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 internal
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600)
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

9x5qvll2qgtg.gif

Comments

• upgrade directX to version 12
  • Magikf1ngers
    4670 postsPosts: 4,725 mod
    edited January 20
    I would also suggest that you do a few other things.

1. Make sure your nVidia drivers are up to date.
    2. Make sure that you have enough room on your hard drive for the swap file. 8 gigs of ram is the minimum required for this game, and if your drive is getting full, the swap file may not be able to be big enough.
    3. Make sure Windows is fully up to date. Quite honestly, I'd recommend going to Windows 10, as 8.1 is nearing the end of Microsoft's support cycle. (Windows 7 is ending in the next couple of weeks, 8 won't be long after that)
    4. Uninstall the game, and if you haven't yet - run the disk clean up, then when you re-install it, install it to a different directory (folder) on your hard drive. That way, if something didn't uninstall properly, or if there's a corrupt file in the old folder, there is zero chance of it being there still.
    5. If all of this doesn't fix it - it may just simply be time to upgrade your computer. Your computer, with the exception of the processor is at or just above minimum specs, which are:
    • OS - Win 7/8/8.1/10 64bit.
    • CPU - Intel Core i3-6300t or equivalent.
    • RAM - 8GB.
    • HDD Free Space - 45GB.
    • GPU - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB.
    • DirectX - 11.
    • Internet Connection - 512Kbps or faster.

Recommended specs are:
    • OS - Win 7/8/8.1/10 64bit.
    • CPU - Intel Core i5-6600 or equivalent.
    • RAM - 16GB.
    • HDD Free Space - 45GB.
    • GPU - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB, AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB.
    • DirectX - 11.
    • Internet Connection - 512Kbps or faster.

Before you do a bunch of hardware updating, though - I'd recommend (after arming yourself with a ton of patience) contacting EA Support. These are fan forums - @laddie13 and myself are volunteer mods and not EA / Respawn employees, and the rest of everyone are fans. Personally - I've got about 20+ years in I.T. and system building, but they may have a known issue that can help this get fixed.

I want you to enjoy Titanfall - it's a blast to play. Please come back and let me know if any of this helped.
    Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot