Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

[SOLVED] Unable to invite friends to a game - Origin Overlay bug + Invite Network bug

rootsrat
8 postsPosts: 14
edited May 2018
Platform: PC
Issue: When I click "Invite Friend", an error message saying "Origin Overlay Disabled" is displayed, where the Origin Overlay is actually enabled. When I click "Invite Network" I get the party searching for game dialog with the timer, however nobody in my network is actually receiving an invite. This effectively means there are no means WHATSOEVER to play with my friends, other than searching for match individually and hoping we will get match-maked together.
Can you reproduce this issue 100% of the time: Yes
Details on how to reproduce the issue: In main multiplayer menu select "Invite Friend" or "Invite Network"

If you’re platform is PC, please post the following details.
Processor (CPU): Intel 4790K
Graphics Card (GPU): Nvidia GTX 1080
Memory: 32 GB
Operating System: Windows 10

Comments

• Aragami_delp_
    2 postsPosts: 2
    For some peolpe it worked to disable the overlay in the origin Titanfall 2 settings, starting up the game, go to multiplayer, colse titanfall 2, enable the overlay again in the origin titanfall 2 settings.

I also got the problem and solved it by disable antivirus software or making an exception for the overlay.
    What doesn't kill me makes me stranger.
  • rootsrat
    8 postsPosts: 14
    Antivirus was indeed a culprit here! Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Devs/mods, feel free to close this report, it's a non-issue
  • wndsrfr92
    1 postsPosts: 1
    well come 2019 the issue still persists.

gigabyte designare
    i9 9900k
    32gb ram

it started happening to my friend who has been playing for years out of nowhere. we log on to play for the first time on pc and bam. screwed.

tried shift +f1. closed the game turning off overlay, shut the client down and everything. no dice.
  • Nvirtuouz
    wndsrfr92 wrote: »
    well come 2019 the issue still persists.

gigabyte designare
    i9 9900k
    32gb ram

it started happening to my friend who has been playing for years out of nowhere. we log on to play for the first time on pc and bam. screwed.

tried shift +f1. closed the game turning off overlay, shut the client down and everything. no dice.

Indeed, never had this issue and since the origin 20th of August 2019 update the feature doesn't work anymore on this game, the other games work just fine with it.

I'm surprised I had to post this twice, since after saying the truth they delete my post in 30 seconds, but fixing the issue and listening to the community jus't doesn't happen that quick, if it would happen at all.

This is their best game and one of the best games ever made (if not the best...). I even purchased the deluxe edition for me and my girlfriend so as in to support the best game and send them the message that this the community is alive and wants the deserved attention by having the game supported based of valuable and knowledgeable suggestions (I have a few of my own, including new content).

But then again they make efforts to support their beta handicapped version of Titanfall 2 the so called apex legends by shutting down resources on this one, plus because of being called "i" (D) 'i' «O» -ts- they delete a genuine post about an issue and general concern...
  • Magikf1ngers
    4707 postsPosts: 4,762 mod
    So - first - I'm sorry you're having this difficulty.

That being said - Respawn stopped supporting this game in 2017. It hasn't been updated since December 2017, hasn't had content updates since October of 2017. They announced that at the time that they were ending support.

If you want to sound off like this - honestly I don't blame you - the best place to do that is either in Reddit, or by contacting EA or Respawn directly, as they don't pay attention in these forums anymore, it's just for us chickens that still play the game.

Not trying to be a jerk here, just calling it as it is. Quite honestly - as the platform updates and the game doesn't, it doesn't surprise me that small issues like this start cropping up. I wish I could help, but I'm just an unpaid volunteer mod.

If you get a solution, or any response at all directly from Respawn, it'd be great to have you come share it.
    Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • Actually ...I think you have misunderstood what he ment by update ...not a game update but an Origin update. I ve had the exact same problem since the last Origin update a few days ago. I tried all the posted solutions with a negative result.
  • Magikf1ngers
    4707 postsPosts: 4,762 mod
    Actually ...I think you have misunderstood what he ment by update ...not a game update but an Origin update. I ve had the exact same problem since the last Origin update a few days ago. I tried all the posted solutions with a negative result.

That's what I meant when I said this:
    Not trying to be a jerk here, just calling it as it is. Quite honestly - as the platform updates and the game doesn't, it doesn't surprise me that small issues like this start cropping up. I wish I could help, but I'm just an unpaid volunteer mod.

By that I meant - as Origin updates and the game doesn't, it's going to have these small issues come up because the Origin code changes, and the game does not.

Make sense?
    Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • Doc_Crocolyle
    edited August 28
    I had the same problem and contacted Origin Support, thanks to the help of a man named Mayank, I was able to resolve the problem. Apparently the latest version of Origin caused some problems, so start by uninstalling Origin and install the "legacy client" of Origin.
    Here is the download link Mayank provided me: https://origin-a.akamaihd.net/Origin-Client-Download/origin/live/OriginSetup_10_5_41_27263.exe

While installing, make sure "automatically update origin and games" is UNCHECKED.

Once installed, just make sure that Origin is enabled in-game in the settings
    Origin > Application Settings > Origin In-Game > Enable Origin In-Game is checked on (and maybe "Allow unverified games" should be checked on too"
    Also right click on the game in "My Game Library" in Origin and click "Game Properties" and make sure "Enable Origin In Game for Titanfall 2" is checked on as well.

Hope this works for you as it did for me! I've been going crazy for a couple hours now and this finally worked!

EDIT: Never mind, it works until I restart my PC and then it breaks again. I even tried reinstalling Windows and still can't get it working. If you don't mind reinstalling Origin every time you want to use the overlay then this might help you.... God I hate Origin SO much!