Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Is teabagging a player insulting or not?

qwhtb013
34 postsPosts: 46
edited January 2018
is teabagging a player you don't know counted as insulting or not?
Another similar example, a teammate says:"do you ever shut up ****". Do you simply accept that as normal, or is this person being an ****?

Comments

• Player_dt647wt9
    254 postsPosts: 272 ✭✭✭
    It's hilarious is what it is, though I don't really do it in titanfall (well maybe once or twice). In halo 2 though, I'd jump to certain death amongst a crowded firefight just to tea bag the one dude I killed.
  • Player_dt647wt9
    254 postsPosts: 272 ✭✭✭
    What do u mean does a team mate say "do u ever shut up?". Like, if you're singing or whistling over the chat?
  • Solidale21
    5 postsPosts: 6
    I personally find it insulting and make it my personal mission to find them and return the favor.
  • Magikf1ngers
    4646 postsPosts: 4,701 mod
    This is a debate that rages on. We've had several debates on this in the generall discussion over the months.

Quite frankly - I don't find it insulting as much as I do just simply immature. Gamers will be gamers, after all. And depending on the situation around the "Would you just shut-up" comment -

If someone's trying to engage the team and get voice comms going by calling out enemy positions and whatnot - that's fine. If someone is on there screaming about, "I need help here NOW!!" instead of realizing they're fighting one grunt in the corner of the map that no one else is at, and the battle rages on elsewhere on the map, or if they're singing, etc - (I've even been in matches where people were preaching) then, yeah, I'm guilty of the "just shut up already" type comments.

However, if it's the first part, where someone's trying to help the team - then I wouldn't / wont' say a thing, in fact, I've BEEN that person many times.

Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • SnakeSound222
    161 postsPosts: 170
    I only tbag if someone is a jerk. If they play using the most OP characters with the most OP loadout or they tunnel me to death (Which happens a lot to me, IDK if it's because I have a YouTube and people are hoping to kill me on video or what) and I kill them, I'll tbag them. If someone tbags me or one of my teammates, you can bet I'll tbag that person the entire game.
  • Magikf1ngers
    I only tbag if someone is a jerk. If they play using the most OP characters with the most OP loadout or they tunnel me to death (Which happens a lot to me, IDK if it's because I have a YouTube and people are hoping to kill me on video or what) and I kill them, I'll tbag them. If someone tbags me or one of my teammates, you can bet I'll tbag that person the entire game.

Which just re-affirms the immaturity comment I made. It doesn't offend me, but I do find it immature. I don't do it - don't care if others do.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • xnarcosysx
    1961 postsPosts: 2,000 ✭✭✭✭
    For the greater gaming community, bagging IS considered to be meant as an insult.
  • xnarcosysx
    1961 postsPosts: 2,000 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    This is a debate that rages on. We've had several debates on this in the generall discussion over the months.

Quite frankly - I don't find it insulting as much as I do just simply immature. Gamers will be gamers, after all. And depending on the situation around the "Would you just shut-up" comment -

If someone's trying to engage the team and get voice comms going by calling out enemy positions and whatnot - that's fine. If someone is on there screaming about, "I need help here NOW!!" instead of realizing they're fighting one grunt in the corner of the map that no one else is at, and the battle rages on elsewhere on the map, or if they're singing, etc - (I've even been in matches where people were preaching) then, yeah, I'm guilty of the "just shut up already" type comments.

However, if it's the first part, where someone's trying to help the team - then I wouldn't / wont' say a thing, in fact, I've BEEN that person many times.

@Magikf1ngers

Whether you find it insulting is irrelevant to how it is generally meant, as bagging is meant to be an insult 95% of the time; especially when done directly over the dead avatar.

The genesis of it was meant as an insult, and the word, outside of actual tea bags, has sexual connotations.

There is no other interpretation of it. But again, your perception is irrelevant to intent.
  • Magikf1ngers
    @xnarcosysx

Let me clarify this a little better, as I didn't speak what I meant very well at all.

In general - I find "tea bagging" a ridiculous, asinine, immature thing to do. It can be / is usually offensive to the person on the receiving end and adds a level of frustration and antagonistic immaturity to the game that doesn't need to be there.

In my days of running servers for Battlefield and CS - that was something we did not tolerate. It was a standard offense - meaning, verbal warning, kick, temporary ban of varying degrees, and ultimately, a ban.

However - for whatever reason that Respawn chose to go with the current server configuration, leasing a server and controlling it is not something that's available to the player base. Therefore, there is - quite literally - nothing I can do about it.

So - it comes down to a choice with two options:

1. Get mad and be offended when someone does this and get angry.
    2. Ignore it, don't let it get under my skin, and keep playing and enjoying the game.

That's the choice. So I choose to ignore it, not let it bother me, and enjoy the game. I might start gunning for that person, which generally doesn't bode well for them, but generally I just let it run off of me like rain off of a duck's back.

There's nothing else I can do. If I get mad - all that does is raise my blood pressure and take the enjoyment of the game out of my own hands and puts it in someone else's.

Trust me - I don't like it. I don't like the fact that people find it funny. I don't like much of the casual hate speech and discrimination that's rampant in most gamer's vocabulary simply because they can get away with it.

There's enough other things going on right now in our current world situation that is offensive and frustrating that I'm not going to let something like this in a video game get to me. I'm taking the choice of just playing the game and being happy.

• AI_software
    254 postsPosts: 269 ✭✭
    It depends on the situation. If nobody has died, then I think it's just a "greeting" of sorts. For example, if you and a teammate are looking at each other and he starts teabagging, I would assume he's just saying hi and I would **** back. This can be true for enemies too. If an enemy spots you from across the map and teabags rather than firing at you, then it would seem friendly to me. It's rare, but I've been in this situation multiple times.
    But if an enemy kills you (or a teammate if the game allows it) and then teabags your corpse, then it's clearly meant to be an insult/brag.
    RIP Volt -| |- 05.30.17
  • Let's put it this way....

What man would actually do that to another man? It puts you in that category.