Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Do any of you actually play to win the match?

The reason I'm asking is because I had a day off and literally played around 100 matches and only won like 10 games. About 75 of those I was in the top 3 or top 5 so I know it's not my fault. Now I'm not the best player, **** I'm not even a great player but when I'm in the number 1 spot on the team with 8 kills and everyone else has between 2-5 kills with only 5 minutes to go. Something has got to give. If you aren't playing to win then just don't play at all. How hard is that? I was even on a team where the other 5 players hid in different corners and just waited. I'm not waisting my time and little skills I have on a team that doesn't care whether they win or lose.

Comments

• Geddon95405
    171 postsPosts: 204 ✭✭✭
    not enough players to separate tryhards from casuals
  • Player_dt647wt9
    254 postsPosts: 272 ✭✭✭
    You can't knock other players for not being as good as you think they should be. Even people without the skill/experience may want to play the game, and may enjoy it regardless of whether they're winning or not. Also, there is just not as many people playing as there once was, so you're either going to get players that have been with it the whole time the games been out and kick **** at it, or you'll get people bought the game because it's cheap now and are simply new.
    The camping thing is lame though, I'll give you that. I see it WAY more in tf2 than I did in tf1. If I see enemies camping I make it a point to kill them. All campers must die!
  • TheMightyM0
    434 postsPosts: 457 ✭✭✭
    I have found that with the staggering imbalance in team skill, often times when a game winds down to the last few minutes and my team is losing by more than 200 points I will just grab a Kraber or the EPG and screw around for the rest of the game to unwind and not stress myself. This is especially true if I get matched into a game that is in the situation where nothing I will do with my very modest skills will turn it around - I just play for the fun of it.

However, when I land in a freshly started game, I give it my best, and I try all the way through. Like has been said, though, some people are either new, or, like me, terrible at the game but too stubborn to quit.
  • LMS5400
    47 postsPosts: 71
    My advice is find some something you really love about the game and stick with it, keep learning what the good players do and fold that back into your skill set. This game is all about the subtle things.

I'm G17 now and I win most of my matches and I can get MVP a decent amount of times. The learning curve is huge. Do not give up if you are not going to win because in the end, you can still come away from a loss learning a lot of valuable skills.
  • The game is starting to get lame. Bunch of G149.9 players bouncing around with softballs. Then 4 of the 6 players quit and you get left getting pummeled by a bunch of losers. They need to make it harder to get a kill when all you do is bounce.
  • Or worse you get stuck in a game where the score is 450 to 52 and you get pummeled from the start cause everyone is hiding or bouncing around with with grenades and softballs. Don’t get me started on how lame you have to be to use a smart pistol!
  • The game is starting to get lame. Bunch of G149.9 players bouncing around with softballs. Then 4 of the 6 players quit and you get left getting pummeled by a bunch of losers. They need to make it harder to get a kill when all you do is bounce.

and yet I dont see that? Maybe one player with softball.A bunch?
  • I have been playing for a couple of months now. I have encountered this at least 30 times. One Angel City map it was me and one other player for most of the game. Everyone who joined the game left after just a minute or two. After about 3 minutes it was 3 titans and 3 pilots bouncing around throwing grenades or shooting softballs in the windows. One shot at a titan and the there were three titans and three pilots shooting softballs and rockets into the building I was in. After a while I was the only one fighting back. The other player found a spot to hide and stopped shooting. I thought this was a game about tactical movement and skill. It has now become a game of bouncing around and around. No tactics just bounce and throw bombs.
  • I have played when I have a hot hand and everything works well and i did great. I have played where there were one or two players who had my number and they got the hot hand and did great. It is one thing if you are in a close battle and bouncing trying to get a melee kill. It is completely different when you can’t spawn without three guys on you shooting before you get your first step. I don’t mind losing to players with good movement and shooting skills. Bouncing around and around is not tactical movement.
  • I have been playing for a couple of months now. I have encountered this at least 30 times. One Angel City map it was me and one other player for most of the game. Everyone who joined the game left after just a minute or two. After about 3 minutes it was 3 titans and 3 pilots bouncing around throwing grenades or shooting softballs in the windows. One shot at a titan and the there were three titans and three pilots shooting softballs and rockets into the building I was in. After a while I was the only one fighting back. The other player found a spot to hide and stopped shooting. I thought this was a game about tactical movement and skill. It has now become a game of bouncing around and around. No tactics just bounce and throw bombs.

Been playing since tech test...........
  • neilsharp22
    14 postsPosts: 14
    Or worse you get stuck in a game where the score is 450 to 52 and you get pummeled from the start cause everyone is hiding or bouncing around with with grenades and softballs. Don’t get me started on how lame you have to be to use a smart pistol!
    The game is starting to get lame. Bunch of G149.9 players bouncing around with softballs. Then 4 of the 6 players quit and you get left getting pummeled by a bunch of losers. They need to make it harder to get a kill when all you do is bounce.

So....punish people who have learned how to move about and give campers more goodies you think yeah??
  • Bouncing around isn’t tactical movement. Wall running , sliding under windows. Past doors is tactical movement
  • Jumping around and throwing grenades is just a hack. If that is the only way you can get kills you are a hack!
  • Player_dt647wt9
    254 postsPosts: 272 ✭✭✭
    Jesus.... lookit this salt-mine
  • ringwyrm0
    60 postsPosts: 71
    I'm schizophrenic and inconsistent about this. I get mad for getting stomped because as a solo player I frequently end up with a team full of potatoes and it's really 1 v 5 or 1 v 6. So I just pick some weapon I suck at and resign myself to the loss and see it through. Other times I just bail on the match. But when you can get over the hump of playing yet another brutal loss (250+ point loss), you don't care about winning... then you can pay more attention to how weapons work and how to engage enemies. You're not playing to win, you're playing to think and learn...

Right now for every 4 or 5 stompings, I get a W. When the other team has 4 or 5 players all with 100+ points and you're team all has 50 or less points, then what are you going to do? It wasn't meant to be.