Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Impassable wall run beacon level campaign - instant "killing wall" effect

Platform: PC

Issue: Beacon level of campaign, spawned at previous checkpoint, now run into "fall to death" effect on last wall run on cranes *before* retrieving beacon.

Can you reproduce this issue 100% of the time: YES

Details on how to reproduce the issue: Every time I try to continue the campaign, I start on the Beacon mission at the checkpoint where you have to rotate the last crane (fully rotating one) in order to wallrun across to where you start fighting your way over to the beacon itself (I'm assuming this is the next step, I have yet to complete this mission or the campaign). The problem is that now, when I try to wallrun across the last crane wall, nearly as soon as I start wallrunning on the crane wall the game plays the "fall to death" sound and screen goes black, after which I respawn in the same place I just started from. I tried moving the crane wall thinking it was localized, but with the same result - always a "fall to death" instance as if there's a giant kill wall between me and where I'm supposed to go.
Before this problem, I was on the other side exploring for fun and looking for pilot helmets when I reached some well-removed spot and sudenly had the "fall to death" instance - this is where my death loop started, although originally just thought I'd explored too far. Instead of spawning at the proper checkpoint, it spawned me at the aforementioned checkpoint and thus began the death loop.

Screenshots or Private video links: If you’re able to capture a screenshot or video of your issue, please link it here: [if this takes a while to fix I will capture a video and post here my groundhog-day-style death loop]

If you’re platform is PC, please post the following details. (Not sure your system specs? Go to Start-> Search-> type ‘Dxdiag’ -> Hit enter)
Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II x4 980 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
Graphics Card (GPU): AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
Memory: 8.192 GB
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393)

P.S. if I restart the mission, will it take me *all* the way back to before delving down into the "caves" to get the tool?

Comments

• likeaboss1606
    61 postsPosts: 66
    Can u please upload the video even if you already solved the problem?.. or at least screenshots of that place. I wanna break this mission even more xD
  • well I don't have a video or a fix yet, was going to take video of the problem which means it wouldn't involve the original cause. sounds like you're looking for a video of the area(s) I reached before causing the glitch, which I can't produce now since I'm stuck at the "fall to death" glitch loop.
  • But I definitely reached some crazy places, I'm rather good at that in this game due to my history with breaking maps in all the Halo games (which was considerably easier actually).
  • likeaboss1606
    61 postsPosts: 66
    Video with alternative route to the beacon on the way...
  • Xbox One: 2017-12-20 CANNOT RECOMMENT TITANFALL 2 - Don't waste your money. Just purchase Titanfall 2 on DVD. Playing Campaign to "learn the moves" have encountered the wall run over the electric floor in the Time Shift episode. I've followed the "ghost" and there is JUST NO WAY THRU THE OBSTICAL WALL AT THE END. VERY - VERY FRUSTRATED !!!! I play to have fun and be challenged but this is beyond the point of challenge and well into sadistic. I've VERY DISSAPOINTED IN TITANFALL 2 and I DO NOT RECOMMEND TITANFALL 2 to anyone at least if you're going to run the Campaign. EA get your flippin act together.
  • RedShield55
    1366 postsPosts: 1,456 ✭✭✭
    Xbox One: 2017-12-20 CANNOT RECOMMENT TITANFALL 2 - Don't waste your money. Just purchase Titanfall 2 on DVD. Playing Campaign to "learn the moves" have encountered the wall run over the electric floor in the Time Shift episode. I've followed the "ghost" and there is JUST NO WAY THRU THE OBSTICAL WALL AT THE END. VERY - VERY FRUSTRATED !!!! I play to have fun and be challenged but this is beyond the point of challenge and well into sadistic. I've VERY DISSAPOINTED IN TITANFALL 2 and I DO NOT RECOMMEND TITANFALL 2 to anyone at least if you're going to run the Campaign. EA get your flippin act together.

Have you tried changing time while running down or in mid air?
    Help I'm trapped in a signature factory
  • ringwyrm0
    60 postsPosts: 72
    Yeah, honestly... the time shifting part of the SP campaign was rather easy.