Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Share your loadout!

2»

Comments

• Aimbot_user
    19 postsPosts: 26
    I'd like to point out that an amped SMR fired through an A-wall takes down titan health just as quick as Ion's laser... plus i seem to be part of that rare breed that can actually effectively use SMR against pilots... but i keep the wingman elite as a "sniper" since those SMR missiles aren't known to travel fast.

See? This guy and I understand the secret Sidewinder meta.

Sidewinder beats Devotion! Sidewinder beats Tone! Sidewinder beats EVERYTHING! I could do this all day!

I have to agree.

Now pare this with a Fire Star ordinance for extra titan killing / reload mitigation, or a gravity star for long range use, and SMR is King.

Am Interested though in what weapon mods people use though. Ammo capacity is awesome with amp weapons, but can't tell if speed reload is actually better for sustained fire. Fire while sprinting is a good mode but can get you killed easily, so Gun Ready ADS is probably better but I don't notice it since I mainly hip fire.

Tactikill is the best tactical because it lets you use your tactical ability more often, and tacticals are the most important part of pilot play. Speedloader is the next best because it lets you fire for longer. "That's what extended mags are for though!" you might say. Well, how often have you needed those extra 3-6 bullets vs. getting your whole clip back. Speedloader just outclasses extra ammo. As for faster ADS, it's only good on snipers because they are the only ones with a significant delay. It's about as good as speedloader in that instance because it reduces the same amount of time, especially when quickscoping. Run N Gun kit is not useful at all because running on walls gives you more speed and stops the firing delay while sprinting also.
  • OdysseyHome
    2140 postsPosts: 2,211 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I'd like to point out that an amped SMR fired through an A-wall takes down titan health just as quick as Ion's laser... plus i seem to be part of that rare breed that can actually effectively use SMR against pilots... but i keep the wingman elite as a "sniper" since those SMR missiles aren't known to travel fast.

See? This guy and I understand the secret Sidewinder meta.

Sidewinder beats Devotion! Sidewinder beats Tone! Sidewinder beats EVERYTHING! I could do this all day!

I have to agree.

Now pare this with a Fire Star ordinance for extra titan killing / reload mitigation, or a gravity star for long range use, and SMR is King.

Am Interested though in what weapon mods people use though. Ammo capacity is awesome with amp weapons, but can't tell if speed reload is actually better for sustained fire. Fire while sprinting is a good mode but can get you killed easily, so Gun Ready ADS is probably better but I don't notice it since I mainly hip fire.

Tactikill is the best tactical because it lets you use your tactical ability more often, and tacticals are the most important part of pilot play. Speedloader is the next best because it lets you fire for longer. "That's what extended mags are for though!" you might say. Well, how often have you needed those extra 3-6 bullets vs. getting your whole clip back. Speedloader just outclasses extra ammo. As for faster ADS, it's only good on snipers because they are the only ones with a significant delay. It's about as good as speedloader in that instance because it reduces the same amount of time, especially when quickscoping. Run N Gun kit is not useful at all because running on walls gives you more speed and stops the firing delay while sprinting also.

Was talking specifically about the SMR in my comment. I'm still trying to figure out what mods to use on the SMR that compliment its fire-rate, anti-titan use, etc.

I wouldn't advise generalizing weapon mods across all weapons. Take the L-Star for example. People think it's a **** gun, but if you put extra ammo + Run n Gun it becomes a freaking monster. Speed loader only effects overheat recovery while extra ammo allows you to fire more shots before overheating. Run n Gun makes this weapon shine since it fires projectiles in a straight line that have travel time; meaning that if you can shoot while sprinting your are allowing the spawn projectiles to hit your target faster. I can't use the L-Star without Run n Gun anymore, it's that good!

Extra ammo works on a percentage so the lower the gun's default ammo capacity the more prominent the effect. The Krabber has 4 shots default but with extra ammo it has 7, that's almost an additional clip, which is much better than a reload boost IMO.

Speed loader also works on a percentage so the longer the gun's dry (auto reload on empty mag) or tactical (i.e. manual reload) the better the effect. I find speed loader is best on guns that are 'dump-trucks' so that you shave seconds of dry reload, or CQC guns that you have to reload after each kill before engaging the next pilot.

Tacti-kill is a hard sell to me since I'm not sure how it actually works and it requires a particular set up to be most effective. Theoretically, if you pair a powerful gun with tactikill and an kill assist ability like A-Wall you should be able to loop the tactical ability if you get enough kills; but I don't think this is allowed (sounds unfair), so this would mean that tactikill is a wasteful mod in such a case. So my thought is that it's best for abilities that you want to recover fast like cloak, holo pilot, phase-shift, and (maybe) grapple. Then there's the issue with pairing an ability with a gun that can still be effective with only one weapon mod. It's probably a really good mod for pilot only modes since it will always have an effect, but for other modes with titans and minions I just don't see the point.
  • o4eru989
    2 postsPosts: 2
    primary: CAR (any perks you want)
    secondary: Wingman Elite or Archer (any perks you want)
    Pilot type: A wall or hologram
    nade: grav star
    titan: Tone
    Boost: Battery

I also use the phase embark and warpfall so I can call get in really quick then when i get in i trigger my batter to get the shield

• TheMightyM0
    434 postsPosts: 457 ✭✭✭
    Gun runner is amazing on the SMR. Best mod for it, since it behaves very similar to the L-Star.
  • Voidwalker-1998
    139 postsPosts: 143
    edited May 2017

Tacti-kill is a hard sell to me since I'm not sure how it actually works and it requires a particular set up to be most effective. Theoretically, if you pair a powerful gun with tactikill and an kill assist ability like A-Wall you should be able to loop the tactical ability if you get enough kills; but I don't think this is allowed (sounds unfair), so this would mean that tactikill is a wasteful mod in such a case. So my thought is that it's best for abilities that you want to recover fast like cloak, holo pilot, phase-shift, and (maybe) grapple. Then there's the issue with pairing an ability with a gun that can still be effective with only one weapon mod. It's probably a really good mod for pilot only modes since it will always have an effect, but for other modes with titans and minions I just don't see the point.

Well, my L-STAR loadout with Gun runner and Tactikill is brilliant with Stim IMO. Pair it with the pilot feat that reduces tactical ability cooldown and I'm pretty much always stimming... gotta go fast with the L-STAR, especially since you rarely need to ADS...

P.S. ADS with the L-STAR is a myth...

A little extra tip: Archer with Speed loader and Extra ammo is good... very good...
    'Vulnerant omnes, ultima necat' - They all hurt, the last one kills.
  • kandicaine
    1 postsPosts: 1
    edited May 2017
    Grapple
    Tactical Cooldown reduce
    Silent Rodeo
    Electric Smoke
    Devotion:Speed Reload, Faster ADS, No Scope
    Archer Rocket Launcher:Speed Reload, Increased Ammo (Although technically less DPS than the Grenade Launcher, the Archer can hit targets from a lot further away and when ejecting)

Ronin
    Phase Shift
    Nuke Ejection
    (Phase shifts when doomed, surprise them with a nuke when phasing back)

Extremely heavy anti-pilot and anti-titan arsenal with insane mobility and speed and works well in close quarters/long range.

• Voidwalker-1998
    139 postsPosts: 143
    kandicaine wrote: »
    Ronin
    Phase Shift
    Nuke Ejection
    (Phase shifts when doomed, surprise them with a nuke when phasing back)

Pro Tip: Swap out the nuke for something else, I've seen more pilots killing themselves with it than I have people dying from a hostile one.
    'Vulnerant omnes, ultima necat' - They all hurt, the last one kills.
  • OdysseyHome

Well, my L-STAR loadout with Gun runner and Tactikill is brilliant with Stim IMO. Pair it with the pilot feat that reduces tactical ability cooldown and I'm pretty much always stimming... gotta go fast with the L-STAR, especially since you rarely need to ADS...

P.S. ADS with the L-STAR is a myth...

A little extra tip: Archer with Speed loader and Extra ammo is good... very good...

Yeah I use the same load-out with L-STAR as well now. Originally used gun runner and extra ammo but swapped extra ammo for tactikill when I realized that I don't really need those extra bullets. This is my go to CTF load-out with G-Star ordinance, ordinance expert, and kill report. I also use an assault chip ION. It's one of my favorite load-outs.

Extra ammo for Anti-titan weapons just gives you more reserve ammo since it's finite, rather than increasing clip size like on primaries and sidearms. I must admit though, I play a cloak + satchel + low profile pilot build and I can kill titans super quickly without the need for AT weapons.
  • Supersid1004
    75 postsPosts: 92
    edited May 2017
    tactical: stim
    Primary: cold war/epg speedloader and more ammo or gunrunner
    secondary:any pistol
    grenade:arc grenade to slow enemy down or firestar to trap them.

Kit 1: ordnance expert
    kit 2: any
  • BlitzBoy526
    227 postsPosts: 240 ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    This isn't what I use mainly, but it is a fun loadout to play with.

Mage loadout:

Tactical: Phase Shift/Holo Pilot
    Ordance: Fire Star/Electric Smoke
    Primary Weapon: Volt with Tacikill and Personal Choice
    Secondary Weapon: Charge Rifle without Charge Hack
    Kit 1: Ordance Expert/Fast Tactical Regen
    Kit 2: Personal Choice
    Execution: Inner Pieces
    Titan: Scorch
    Titanfall Kit: Warp Fall
    Titan Kit: Assault Chip
    Scorch Kit: Personal Choice
    Boost: Phase Rewind

You are a mage. You use magic to hold back your enemies. You have a wide arsenal spells. You hold back the enemies on the front lines, and use your magic for confusion, and in a pickle, you rewind time to get the jump on your foes. And when the time is right, you summon your demon companion from H ell. He isn't invincible though, so you must protect him, as he protects you.

I like this loadout because it is fun to use the volt from time to time, and it is fun working with your titan, keep pilots off him and taking down titans with him.
  • Chillster64
    12 postsPosts: 15
    Grapple

R201 Carbine

Wingman Elite Run n' Gun

Archer

Tone Prime

• RaulSchalke04
    51 postsPosts: 63
    Noob here, been playin for a week, already tried all Pilots except A-Wall. A bit skeptical of that class because too affraid of exposing myself with those shiny shield. A lot of good review in here for that class, worth a try. Will try it first in FD mode plus combine it with SMR.

Anyway my Noob set up:

Cloak

Primary: Mastiff with extra ammo, Tactikill, any suggestion for 2nd perk? im still not sure with Tactikill
    Secondary: Charge Rifle with quick charge
    Handgun: Wingman, I really never use handgun in multiplayer because im still suck at aiming

Kit1: Fast Tactical regen
    Kit2: Low profile

Boost: Map Hack

Titan: Tone

Titan Kit: Overcore, still not sure with this one, any better suggestion?
    Tone Kit: Reinforced Particle Wall

Camo: All Black, hoping for better stealth... LOL

Really appreciate if you guys can give comment about my load out

• SnakeSound222
    161 postsPosts: 170
    edited August 2017
    I have two Pilot loadouts that I use:

Main Loadout:
    Tactical: Stim, with Fishsticks camo

Ordnance: Gravity Star

Primary: L-STAR with Fishsticks camo, HCOG Ranger, Quicker Reload, and Quick Swap

Pistol: Hammond P2016 with Quantum Ocean

AT: Charge Rifle with Riot Red camo, Charge Hack and Quick Swap

Execution: In Your Face

Kit 1: Fast Regen

Kit 2: Titan Hunter

My other loadout is called Screw them Titans! and it's the same as my main one except for a Riot Red SMR being my Primary, Arc Grenade being my Ordnance, and Riot Red Grapple being my Tactical.

My boost is always Battery Backup. Since I don't main any Titan (even though I play Monarch a lot more than the other six), I'll just post all my loadouts for them. All of my Titans have Overcore, except for Northstar when I'm in a mode that allows eject. Then I run Nuclear Ejection on her so I can use the Tether Trap to prevent enemies from escaping. My Titanfall kit is always Dome-Shield. I always use the Frontier warpaints on them, unless it's Prime Ion and Scorch (until DLC 8).

Ion kit: Zero-Point Tripwire, though I have heard good things about Splitter Lens in FD, so I'll probably give that a go when I take Ion in FD. My nose art is the one that unlocks at level 20. Weapon Skin is Blood Tiger for normal. Prime skins are both Tan Hex.

Scorch kit: Tempered Plating. Removes crit spots and makes him immune to his own thermite? The first time I tried this I felt like a god walking through my thermite. Nose art is one of the advocate gift ones. Prime skin is Spotter Orange. Weapon skin is the Autumn Haze (something like that, can't remember the exact name).

Northstar kit: Viper Thrusters. Using the Deluxe Thunderbird Nose Art.

Ronin kit: Phase Anomaly, though I will try Highlander in FD. I have the samurai nose art on him.

Tone kit: Reinforced Particle Wall. My nose art is the Octo-Bomb one. Weapon skin is Ocean Hex.

Legion kit: Hidden Compartment. I used to run Light-Weight Alloys and Bulwark before I tried this out. I found this kit to be a lot of fun. I'm using the Cold but Tranquil Nose Art on him. Weapon skin is Blood Tiger.

Monarch kit: Battery Thief. It was a no brainer for me. 10% faster Core gain and you get a new termination that gives you batteries? I bought that with credits the moment I found out about it. My core upgrades are Arc Rounds (XO-16 with 50 rounds is a damage beast, plus I take down those pesky shields faster), Maelstrom (The damage increase is nuts, I love dropping it and watching health bars vanish from Titans or making a Pilot regret his rodeo), and Superior Chassis (No brainer for me. Increases health and removes crit spots? I used credits for this as soon as I finished reading it). Nose Art is the Demogorgon one, though I'll probably switch to the Grandmaster one really soon. Weapon skin is Blood Tiger.
  • RaulSchalke04
    51 postsPosts: 63
    @jd90000000000

At last someone who use Mastiff besides me.

I dont know why but from streamers and others said EVA-8 is better than Mastiff.

I tried to use EVA-8, and its very inconsistent. On short range sometimes I can kill in 2 shots, other time 3 shots and its not spread bullet like Mastiff.

Mastiff consistently one shot kill from short range, even from 20m (from my perspective) something range.
  • syrenofisys
    CAR - fast scope

Wingman - never use it

MGL grenade launcher.

Grappling hook

Amped weapons/sentry turret

Various grenades, like to play with all of them

Ronin

Whatever camo combos I have that match gun to pilot/titan.

This is my primary loadout, for me it works well for midrange and up close combat. I'm not a long range player so SMG FTW!

• I thought I might as well share my loadout. I'm trying to experiment with other things so if you have any suggestions, please let me know!
    Pilot: Stim
    Primary: Car w/ speedloader, gunrunner, holosight, and pro screen
    Antititan: MGL w/ speedloader (haven't unlocked the other slots)
    Secondary: Wingman Elite (I rarely use my secondary)
    Grenade: Electric smoke
    (I like to go all blue camo because it's my favorite color)

Titan: Tone
    Kit1: Nuclear Ejection (If I go down, take them with me)
    Kit2: Reinforced Particle wall (not sure what to put for this, so just put my current one)
    Kit3: Warpfall ftw
    (again all blue camo)

Again, please let me know if you have suggestions for what weapons to use as I mainly use this class and need to try other things. Thanks!
  • SnakeSound222
    161 postsPosts: 170
    edited October 2017
    Kit1: Nuclear Ejection (If I go down, I take them with me)
    Kit2: Reinforced Particle wall (not sure what to put for this, so just put my current one)
    (again all blue camo)
    @UppityThree5658

Nuke Eject is good when you can corner your enemy or flank them. If you see that a Northstar trapped them, then it works also. But enemies can and will run away when they see you start glowing and they hear the sound. Most enemies won’t let themselves be trapped, meaning that the explosion kills no one. I would replace that with Overcore. It gives you a 20% headstart on your Core charge. Tone’s Salvo Core is really powerful because the missiles lock on. You can also shoot them in the air and then aim at a hostile and the missiles will hit that hostile. It can doom an Atlas chassis, destroy a Stryder chassis, and take away over half of an Ogre chassis’s health.

Reinforced Particle Wall is a great pick for his second kit. The wall can block an entire Salvo Core and have a little bit of juice left.

About Warpfall, does your Titan get up on its own sooner? Do you use Phase Embark as a Pilot kit to avoid the longer embark? If not, then Warpfall is a horrible kit. If enemy Titans happen to come across you, they will open fire and can take around a bar of health away while you’re embarking. It’s even worse if they have a core. Depending on the Titan that’s attacking, you’re screwed out of your Titan. Northstar and Ion’s Cores can easily doom a Tone. Scorch will lay down some traps, a Firewall, and a Flame Core to eat your health away in seconds. A Ronin will just Arc Wave you and then use his Leadwall. Another Tone, a Monarch or a Legion will just shoot you with bullets and rockets (in Tone’s case) until you die. Most likely the attacker will drop smoke to drain your health faster. If the Titan isn’t doomed or destroyed, then it’ll have lost 50%-60% of its health when the normal embarking animation finishes. If you die, then chances aren’t you’re going to have to call in another Titan. The Auto-Titan sucks and will basically just shoot (unless you have Assault Chip) until it dies. Other players will have a field day with your Auto-Titan. I would put Dome-Shield on so you can avoid all of that. If an enemy tries to enter the shield, then they will take damage while they’re in the shield.
  • Attrition Loadout:
    -Stim/Grapple(for Coldwar loadout)
    -R201,R97,CAR,Alternator,flatline, Coldwar
    -RE45
    -Thunderbolt
    -Arc,firestar, Gravitystar (for Coldwar loadout)
    -Power cell/fast regen
    -low profile
    Ronin with OC +Temp anomaly or Northstar with OC + Viper thuster (or extra dash with double tether for maps with low sky caps.)
    "Some of you may consider this overkill. It is"
  • ToxicApollo117
    67 postsPosts: 76
    edited November 2017
    Kit1: Nuclear Ejection (If I go down, I take them with me)
    (again all blue camo)
    @UppityThree5658

Nuke Eject is good when you can corner your enemy or flank them. If you see that a Northstar trapped them, then it works also. But enemies can and will run away when they see you start glowing and they hear the sound. Most enemies won’t let themselves be trapped, meaning that the explosion kills no one. I would replace that with Overcore. It gives you a 20% headstart on your Core charge. Tone’s Salvo Core is really powerful because the missiles lock on. You can also shoot them in the air and then aim at a hostile and the missiles will hit that hostile. It can doom an Atlas chassis, destroy a Stryder chassis, and take away over half of an Ogre chassis’s health.

Reinforced Particle Wall is a great pick for his second kit. The wall can block an entire Salvo Core and have a little bit of juice left.

About Warpfall, does your Titan get up on its own sooner? Do you use Phase Embark as a Pilot kit to avoid the longer embark? If not, then Warpfall is a horrible kit. If enemy Titans happen to come across you, they will open fire and can take around a bar of health away while you’re embarking. It’s even worse if they have a core. Depending on the Titan that’s attacking, you’re screwed out of your Titan. Northstar and Ion’s Cores can easily doom a Tone. Scorch will lay down some traps, a Firewall, and a Flame Core to eat your health away in seconds. A Ronin will just Arc Wave you and then use his Leadwall. Another Tone, a Monarch or a Legion will just shoot you with bullets and rockets (in Tone’s case) until you die. Most likely the attacker will drop smoke to drain your health faster. If the Titan isn’t doomed or destroyed, then it’ll have lost 50%-60% of its health when the normal embarking animation finishes. If you die, then chances aren’t you’re going to have to call in another Titan. The Auto-Titan sucks and will basically just shoot (unless you have Assault Chip) until it dies. Other players will have a field day with your Auto-Titan. I would put Dome-Shield on so you can avoid all of that. If an enemy tries to enter the shield, then they will take damage while they’re in the shield.

Nuke eject is never good, it just means you are bad. It also stops you from getting better with your titan since you think you can just throw it away. Never treat your titan as a throw away hardware. Try to stay alive and learn from your mistakes. if you get doomed, then try to fight in doom state.

Amp particle wall is solid since they particle wall bug is fixed. personally I take Pulse echo or extra rockets since i play Tone similar to Northstar and i want extra damage. and NEVER NEVER NEVER take burst loader. That is the only kit in this game that nerfs your titan. just don't take it.

Warpfall is just ****. dome shield can help your teammate a lot, plus protect your titan, it may take a few sec more you don't have to worry about getting to half health before you even complete dock inside your titan.
  • @jd90000000000

At last someone who use Mastiff besides me.

I dont know why but from streamers and others said EVA-8 is better than Mastiff.

I tried to use EVA-8, and its very inconsistent. On short range sometimes I can kill in 2 shots, other time 3 shots and its not spread bullet like Mastiff.

Mastiff consistently one shot kill from short range, even from 20m (from my perspective) something range.

Mastiff is very inconsistant to hit, and has a really slow fire rate, but it has it's fan base. EVA can kill in 1 shot, but that is pretty much at point blank range.
  • OdysseyHome
    @ToxicApollo117
    you said wrote:
    Warpfall is just ****. dome shield can help your teammate a lot, plus protect your titan, it may take a few sec more you don't have to worry about getting to half health before you even complete dock inside your titan.

As a sniper and projectile weapon users I find ally dome sheild users more hindering than helpful. Like will shoot a bullet but an ally called their titan down with dome and it blocks my perfectly aimed projectile. Oh drat!

But the smarter users who drop their titan down so pilots can retreat into it after firing their AT weapons are rather good. Trouble is that the drop time is a bit too long so alot can happen in that time.

Only reason I don't like nuke eject anymore is because you don't get anything for those kills. Killing that titan is damage you could have dealt to earn a new titan, or allies to earn their cores. It's annoying how prevelant the ability is, and how it grabs your aim assist. I find it really annoying.
  • Cpope96
    2 postsPosts: 3
    Grapple
    Frag
    Flatline
    Wingman
    Pilot battery
    Phase Embark
  • Player_dt647wt9
    252 postsPosts: 270 ✭✭✭
    edited January 25
    Stim pilot
    Spitfire with quick reload and run and gun, threat detection scope
    Electric smoke grenade
    Silent running

Monarch (59 hours piloting time and counting) with dash boost and shield thief

• SouperWy
    Two of my favorite loadouts: 1: Grapple, Mastiff, RE-45 Auto Pistol, MGL, Phase Embark, Hover, and Gravity Star/Satchel Charges. 2: Grapple, Alternator, P2016, Charge Rifle, Firestar/Gravity Star, Phase Embark, and Hover. My favorite is Ronin, but I use Ion too. Doesn't matter what camoflauge you use.