Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Your Titan Concepts

Here you can post ideas for Titan loadouts. :-)

For a start:

Name: Tesla (or Zeus as an alternative)

Chassis: Atlas

Primary Weapon: Arc Cannon
Shoots lightning charges. If fully charged, the lightning strike jumps to another two targets that are close to the main target. Deals extra damage to all kind of shields.

Offensive Ability: Thunderbolt
Enemy Titans hit by Thunderbolt can't use abilities for a few seconds.

Tactical Ability: Arc Mine
Deploys an Arc Mine that stuns the first Titan to step on it for a few seconds.

Defensive Ability:
Lightning Surge
Tesla unleashes a Lightning Surge to enemy Titans in front of him. As long as an enemy Titan is hit by Lightning Surge, its vision is interfered and movement speed reduced.

Core-Ability: EMP-Core
Tesla releases a massive EMP shockwave, stunning all Titans in an area around him.

Concept-idea: The essence of the Tesla or Zeus-concept is disturbing his enemies and creating an opening for an attack or defending your allies while doing so. Use Arc Mine to lure enemy Titans into it and kill them or use it to escape. Shoot your Thunderbolt on them to make them unable to use defensive abilities and attack them or use it so they can't use their offensive abilities on you and your allies.
The downside of Tesla is that his abilities themselves don't deal a lot of damage, except for shields. This was another important part: Since Tone and Legion are so prominent in Titanfall 2, Arc Cannon is the right weapon to deal with them and quickly destroy their shields. I also thought about letting Thunderbolt deal a lot of damage to shields, but I think that ability is strong enough as it is.

Comments

• nickcroker
    159 postsPosts: 189
    Okay, I like your Tesla idea better than mine.
    Name:Rocket
    Chassis:Stryder
    Primary Weapon:Quad Rocket
    Launches 4 Rockets out of the Barrel at a time. Ammo clip is 4 Rounds worth of rockets.
    Offensive Ability:Mini Rocket

Fire an Explosive that, upon contact (or reaching full range) explodes dramatically, causing severe damage to anything caught in its explosion.

Utility Ability: Hover

Like Northstar, Rocket can Hover in mid-air to get surveillance on the field or to gain the upper hand in combat.

Defensive Ability: Body-Shield

Activate a full body-shield that deflects all incoming fire while still allowing the user to shoot back. Disables abilities and core.

Core-Ability: Rocket Charge

Rocket gets an amazing speed boost which you can use to rush towards an enemy, ramming them and doing significant damage to the Chassis.

Takedown Move:

Charge into the Titan and Rip the Canopy off, then fire a barrage of Quad Rockets into the Cockpit, killing the Pilot and the Titan.
    Come join No0B Network (No0B) on PC!
  • nickcroker
    Name:??? (Something to do with time)

Chassis:Atlas

Primary Weapon: PL-Boltcaster
    Launches Super-heated bolts of Plasma out of a Crossbow style gun. 12 ammo capacity, fast firing rate.

Offensive Ability: Temporal Collapse
    Target a specific Titan and quickly move it back and forth in the time-space continuum, causing the Titan to age inflicting damage.

Utility Ability: Stasis Trap
    Fire a stasis projector at an area and wait for a Titan or group of enemies to step into it's area of effect, freezing everything in time caught in its effect range, stopping everything from moving, firing and charging abilities

Defensive Ability: Temporal Shield
    Slow down every bullet (or other projectile) in front of you to a halt

Core Ability: Time Core
    Send everything in the cone-effect area speeding through time, inflicting damage and freezing them in the present for as long as the core is active.

Takedown Move
    Freeze the Enemy Titan in its place then punch the Titan in the canopy, throwing the Pilot out of the top. Then age the Pilot into a rotten skeletal corpse.
  • GRat33
    2 postsPosts: 2
    I think they should take the 2 existing titans from the campaign(expedition and brute) that did not make it to the multiplayer. They do however share the vortex shield with ion, so i believe they should make the abilities more unique.

Name: Blitz, Storm (expedition is too long)

Chasis: Vanguard

Primary weapon: 20mm automatic cannon(cant remember what the real name for the weapon is. 4x zoom when ads and reduced spread

Offensive ability: multi-lock missle salvo. Obviously this would be way over powered so it would take 3 seconds to lock on to pilots similar time as campaigm for titan lock. Missles would regenerate similar to campaign one rocket at a time.

Utility: concusion grenade
    fired from either under the barrel of the primary or from forearm of non dominant arm.
    Blows up on contact and impairs hearing temporarily blinds pilots and titans and slows movements

Defensive ability: Active camoflauge
    Cloaks entire titan similar to pilot ability while releasing smoke cloud.

Core ability. Assault core, Rampage core, barrage core something that sounds cool.
    Similar to the existing amped weapons core from campaign except along with dumb fired rockets. To make this core not so OP it only fires what ammunition is currently loaded into primary and offensive ability.

Takedown:
    Point blank fire concusion grenade at titan tackle titan or throw titan to ground and repeated stab cockpit with either a blade that comes from forearm or large knife mounted on side of cockpit.

Let me know what you guys think. :)

• nickcroker
    GRat33 wrote: »
    I think they should take the 2 existing titans from the campaign(expedition and brute) that did not make it to the multiplayer. They do however share the vortex shield with ion, so i believe they should make the abilities more unique.

Primary weapon: 20mm automatic cannon(cant remember what the real name for the weapon is. 4x zoom when ads and reduced spread

Okay, I like the idea. But Expedition is not too long of a name. Also, Its called the Quad Rocket.
  • GRat33
    2 postsPosts: 2
    nickcroker wrote: »
    GRat33 wrote: »

Okay, I like the idea. But Expedition is not too long of a name. Also, Its called the Quad Rocket.

Thanks for the feedback! I know the quad rocket is for brute. I would like to see brute make it as well to a dlc but on a totally new titan thats a stryder chasis that doesnt look identical to northstar
  • leeshue
    140 postsPosts: 142 ✭✭✭
    nice post, i would like to see Faction based Titan models , similar concept like what they did with the Prime titans but faction based for each class.
    example the 64 and Apex or Merc each have a ION / TONE and so on. each TONE will have a different skin or model for each faction so when a player plays a faction they have the option to select that model even for the weapons they could do this for the 40MM will function the same for every faction like there Titans but look different and sound different.
    that and this could be implemented with pilots as well.
  • DoomestosCZ
    148 postsPosts: 166
    leeshue wrote: »
    nice post, i would like to see Faction based Titan models , similar concept like what they did with the Prime titans but faction based for each class.
    example the 64 and Apex or Merc each have a ION / TONE and so on. each TONE will have a different skin or model for each faction so when a player plays a faction they have the option to select that model even for the weapons they could do this for the 40MM will function the same for every faction like there Titans but look different and sound different.

Cool idea, a Titan from 6-4 would be sounding like an adventurous kind of AI, with deep "friendship-like" bond to it's pilot, while a Titan from Apex could be more cold and "professional killer-like". Maybe even different AI actors? I would love to hear a 6-4 Titan talk to me warmly, like if I was truly it's family, it would make me go crazy for protecting my bae at all cost :D
  • nickcroker
    leeshue wrote: »

Cool idea, a Titan from 6-4 would be sounding like an adventurous kind of AI, with deep "friendship-like" bond to it's pilot, while a Titan from Apex could be more cold and "professional killer-like". Maybe even different AI actors? I would love to hear a 6-4 Titan talk to me warmly, like if I was truly it's family, it would make me go crazy for protecting my bae at all cost :D

Yeah! Totally agree with both of your posts, absolutely!
  • Karvosh
    12 postsPosts: 13
    To be completely honest, I really miss the Titan customization from TF1. While it lacked in the visual customization that we get in TF2, I liked being able to get new OS voices because it just seemed like another way that the Titan you piloted was uniquely yours, and the new system seems really stripped of that despite the new skins and nose art.

Also even if they don't include the Expedition loadout in multiplayer, I'd like it if they at least incorporated a loadout that brought back the XOTBR-16 Chaingun; that was the weapon I tended to use most in my TF1 loadout, and the Predator Cannon that Legion uses just isn't the same.

At the very least, could we get rechargeable shields as a default again? Even in Scorch (which is an Ogre model Titan, if I remember right), I feel like my Titan is practically made of tissue paper when even Stalkers can cause permanent damage that can't regen.
  • Here you can post ideas for Titan loadouts. :-)

For a start:

Name: Tesla (or Zeus as an alternative)

Primary Weapon: Arc Cannon
    Shoots lightning charges. If fully charged, the lightning strike jumps to another two targets that are close to the main target. Deals extra damage to all kind of shields.

Offensive Ability: Thunderbolt
    Enemy Titans hit by Thunderbolt can't use abilities for a few seconds.

Tactical Ability: Arc Mine
    Deploys an Arc Mine that stuns the first Titan to step on it for a few seconds.

Defensive Ability:
    Lightning Surge
    Tesla unleashes a Lightning Surge to enemy Titans in front of him. As long as an enemy Titan is hit by Lightning Surge, its vision is interfered and movement speed reduced.

Core-Ability: EMP-Core
    Tesla releases a massive EMP shockwave, stunning all Titans in an area around him.

Concept-idea: The essence of the Tesla or Zeus-concept is disturbing his enemies and creating an opening for an attack or defending your allies while doing so. Use Arc Mine to lure enemy Titans into it and kill them or use it to escape. Shoot your Thunderbolt on them to make them unable to use defensive abilities and attack them or use it so they can't use their offensive abilities on you and your allies.
    The downside of Tesla is that his abilities themselves don't deal a lot of damage, except for shields. This was another important part: Since Tone and Legion are so prominent in Titanfall 2, Arc Cannon is the right weapon to deal with them and quickly destroy their shields. I also thought about letting Thunderbolt deal a lot of damage to shields, but I think that ability is strong enough as it is.

Hahaha it seems we both had an Idea for a Tesla titan

Here's mine:

Tesla:
    Designed specifically as a support titan, Tesla utilizes the power of electricity to damage and reinforce enemies and allies
    Chassis type: Stryder
    Based off the stryder model, tesla has high mobility and low health, as well as 2 dash charges out of the box
    Primary weapon: Arc Cannon
    Essentially the Weapon of the same name from the original game, the arc cannon functions as a chargeable chain lightning gun, chaining from target to target with reduced damage the farther it goes, the longer it is charged before release, the further it will chain, and the more damage it does
    Defensive equipment: Plasma wall
    Deploys two Tesla coils on the ground parallel to each other, generating a stream of electricity between them, slowly erodes the health of whatever moves within range of them, generally the larger the target them more damage it does over time, perfect for shutting down lanes, booby trapping large entrances, and eating away the health of pursuers, after a while the coils detonate (or immediately, if the streams don't connect), anything caught in the radius will experience effects similar to that of an arc grenade
    Offensive Equipment: EMP Missile
    Fires a straight flying missile out that detonates on impact; releasing a blast of static electricity that slows, damages, and blinds titans, effect is Fatal to infantry

Ability: Fortify Shield
    Tesla powers itself up and gives a small bit of shielding to itself (or if held down and aimed, can grant it to a friendly titan), equivalent to a fraction of a shield battery, enabling Tesla to withstand a small portion of damage before taking direct damage to the hull, only partially restores hull integrity if doomed, effect stacks if used while shield integrity remains.

Core : Shield Core
    Upon use, grants a fully charged shield to Tesla with double the durabilty of a shield battery, shield battery cannot be removed by rodeo attackers, causing tesla to deliver an electric shock that knocks enemy pilots off, as well as deploys a shield generator on the ground which will slowly grant shields to friendly titans and slightly increase the health of friendly infantry for a brief period of time.
    Loadout Kits
    1.Death Wall: Increases the damage output and range of plasma wall, tesla coil detonations dole out damage.
    2. Storm core: The shield genrator deployed by Shield core damages hostile titans and infantry within it's range, damaging hostiles slightly extends it's duration
    3.Thunderstruck: Gain an additional EMP missile as well stun effect is increased.
    4. Rampart: Gain or give an additional block of shielding when fortify is used, at the expense of doubled cooldown time
    5. Lightning storm: Charging the Arc Cannon stores up shots rather than strengthening a single shot, up to three shots can be stored for later use, but at the cost of reduced damage and lower chain distance.
  • Player_Lando
    3 postsPosts: 3
    nickcroker wrote: »
    Name:??? (Something to do with time)

Maybe something like, Elapsed, or Chronon
  • Name: Streak

Primary Weapon: Three-round burst wrist cannons

Offensive Ability: Shock Pulsed Mines- Throwable grenades that are charged to increase the amount of damage, but decreases the delay of the explosion the longer you wait. Contains a Max of two grenades, if placed on top of each other they create a field of electricity that slow titans and blind them.

Tactical Ability: Harpoons- Fires volleys of darts that are electrified, can slow titans and blind them, last three seconds

Defensive Ability: Lock Shield- Titan shuts down and engulfs itself in a vortex shield-like shield, projectiles are absorbed into the Streaks armor and raises health. Last 7 seconds

Core Ability: Not sure what to name this: Streak uploads darts into wrist cannons, electrifying them, and are fired at high speeds, if punching, darts stick out of wrist cannons.

Takedown: Kicks enemy twice, first in the waist, then in the cockpit, then Streak grabs the canopy and pulls the Titan over Streak, using the other hand to shoot him, then slams on the ground and punches the cockpit to finish 'em off.

Streak stats allow a constant flow of damage. Should be used to surprise enemies and deal as much damage to them before they realize what is going on.
  • mwatts799900
    12 postsPosts: 16
    edited May 9
    Titan name: Odin
    Made to draw out and corner your enemies, as Odin you play the role of a support.

Primary: Arc gun
    The Arc gun deals high damage but is a charge based weapon so you have to charge it or it wont do as much damage

Chassis: Vanguard

Offensive capability: he has a wrist mounted gun that shoots a lightning rod that stuns the enemy for 3 seconds and blinds the titan

tactical ability: you have to same pod on your shoulder like BT-7274, except it fires a bolt of lighting that stuns and blinds the enemy for 2 seconds and deals low damage unless you hit the weak points, instant kill to pilots

Defensive capability: He has a vortex shield made out of lightning that incinerates any projectile that enters it

Core: think of the hammer of dawn from gears of war, except a stream of highly concentrated lighting, enough said

Take down:like prime scorches you punch the titan twice and then you use force lightning (thats the best way i can describe it) until they explode

Let me know what you think please.
    :)
  • nickcroker
    edited April 24
    Designation (Name): Mittere (Latin for "To send". The name is referring to sending a Missile)

Chassis: Ogre

Primary Weapon: Single-Fire Rocket Launcher with a 10 clip magazine

Offensive Ability:

Fire a Barrage of missiles from the left arms wrist. Guide them where you look (like Tones Slavo Core) to do direct damage with a hit on a Titan or to do splash damage if it hits a wall or the ground (Splash damage is less than a direct hit).

Defensive Ability:
    Create a shield from the lower-left arm that will absorb any direct damage that it encounters. While the shield is active the primary weapon gets switched for a smaller pistol-like rocket launcher with a faster fire rate then the primary weapon with a 10 clip magazine. Shield is active for as long as it is held down for or until it takes too much damage, then it has a 10 sec cooldown period.

Utility Ability:
    Create a hard-light wall that blocks enemies from passing through while allowing friendly units to pass and shoot through. It will destroy itself after 10 seconds or if it takes enough damage/the base is destroyed.

Core: Rocket Core
    Fire 4 Rocket engines attached to the back of the Titan that increases your speed dramatically allows you to go slightly airborne. Crash into enemies to deal damage while also having the ability to fire missiles from barrage pods attached to the Titans Shoulders. If airborne when the core ends then Ares will fall to the ground and deal AOE damage when it lands.

Takedown:
    Doge an enemy Titans punch and proceed to fire the primary weapon towards the enemy Titan, knocking off limbs and taking the cockpit hatch off. Fire 1 more rocket and knock the Titan to its knees then punch through the interior cockpit killing the pilot and the Titan.

Prime Takedown:
    Activate the arm shield and block enemy fire followed by a punch. Punch back and knock the enemy Titan back, causing it to lose its balance. Fire a barrage of Core Rockets while slightly airborne, knocking the Titan onto its back. Then, fly up into the air and come crashing down fist first on top of the Titan with your fist landing inside the cockpit and going through.

Kits:
    Extended Missile Racks
    Enhances the ammo capacity of the Primary and secondary weapons.

Hard-light reinforcements
    Increases the damage absorption capabilities of both shields

Condensed Fuel
    Core lasts longer

Smart Ammunition

Offensive Ability locks onto enemy Titans when guided towards them

Nano-mesh Alloys
    Increases health of your Titan
  • OdysseyHome
    1175 postsPosts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    Titan name: Kong
    Appearence: large fists make it walk like a gorrilla. The fist palms excreed a futuristic cement so the kong titan has history as a demolition and construction titan and is not typically used for warfare. But desperate time!
    Chasis: heavy ogre or medium atlas

Primary: swing stone fists, can perform a three hit combo (consumes 1 ammo) third hit does more dmg but enforces a recovery delay.
    ADS primary: create a stone and throw it, need to wait for stone to form. Stones stay in environment if do not hit a target. Stones can be destroyed. Stones can be 'slammed' if you grapple them.
    Reload: reload cement, can store 3 shots. Lengthy reload.
    Desensive: Grapple (fire a chain that reels foes to you or you to location or slams stones). 2 charges.
    Offensive: savage leap (jump forward and stun targets on landing).
    Utility: power punch (knocks target away from you)
    Core: Stone wall. Create a slab of stone you carry like a riot shield. Can throw shield for huge damage but damage is reduced pers damage to shield. Cannot throw stones. Hip fire melee becomes more powerful but slower.
    Execution: trip foe with grapple, create a rock above your head and crush the titan.

Kits:
    Quicksilver (faster stone reload)
    Speed Winch (faster grapple reeling)
    Iron fist (power punch does more damage)
    Shield bearer (Stone wall can absorb more damage).

Playstyle.

Standard combo is stone throw, grapple foe, stone fist comboes, power punch. Use grapple to maneuver around the environment. Leap can be used to extend attacks, avoid traps, or to escape in combo with grapple hence no blocking defensive, and to avoid traps. Place stones in areas behind foes so can do rock slam attacks with grapple. Use stone wall to push to an offensive position then throw shield.
  • BlueSulphur224
    86 postsPosts: 101
    PREPARE THINSELVES FOR A WALL OF TEXT! Here are multiple titan ideas. Admittedly some of these are similar to those already mentioned. Most particularly my idea of Archon is kinda similar to OP's tesla but the abilities are a bit different and it's a stryder chassis. ALRIGHT!

Brute-4 (Or Havok, choose your favorite)
    Primary: Quad rocket
    Ordnance: Rocket salvo (unguided high damage rocket swarm)
    Tactical: VTOL hover
    Defensive: Body armor (Completely shields entire titan of all damage, and scrambles lock ons for a short time. User can still use abilities but can't sprint or dash)
    Core: Explosive burst core (Basically burst core from the campaign but the bullet's are fired from a shoulder mounted minigun and explode to make it better against infantry)
    Description: Brute-4 is an upgraded and dedicated version of the campaign Brute titan. It has it's own unique model, employs improved electromagnetic body shield tech, and a shoulder mounted minigun. Brute-4 specializes in hit and run close range combat with explosive weaponry and infantry wiping.
    Stats: stryder, low armor, high speed, low armor, 2 dashes

Bison (Or ramm, choose)
    Primary: Supercharged guantlets (Melee only, high damage supercharged punches)
    Ordnance: Shoulder charge (Charge boosters, thrusting you forward dealing damage upon colliding with an armored target)
    Tactical: Magnetic pull (pulls armored targets closer to you and stuns them)
    Defensive: Shield converter (Shortly enables a frontal shield that absorbs all damage and turns it into over-shields. You can run at full speed so it's great to close the gap and punish enemies that choose to keep firing)
    Core: Berserker core (Punches "explode" on impact with electricity, dealing additional damage and slowing the enemy. You gain a strong overshield to help you survive while closing the gap)
    Description: Bison was a concept titan seen in the tf2 art book, described as a melee brawler titan with a grapple hook (replaced with magnetic pull). This is my take on this titan. He's all about closing gaps and punching enemies to death and keeping them busy.
    Stats: Ogre, high armor, low speed, no dash by default

Archon
    Primary: Arc cannon (increased damage to particle barriers)
    Ordnance: Arc blast (concentrated energy blast that stuns and slows armored targets. Can spread to targets close to the main target)
    Tactical: Stun mine (Bomb detonated by armored targets, stunning and slowing them. Can be manually blown up by holding the tactical button)
    Defensive: Overcharge (Boost movement speed and reload speed. Damage anything that gets close)
    Core: Lightning core (Arc cannon fires a long stream of lightning that slows all targets and deals continous damage)
    Description: There were rumours of a stryder class in the code that had an arc cannon. It was apparently scrapped but this was my take on him (and some of it inspired by OP's tesla. Thanks!) He can play a long range support sniper role with charged arc cannon shots or a mid range stun and disruption expert that can be a pain in the enemies butt's if they don't deal with him.
    Stats: stryder, low health, high speed, 2 dashes

Dreadnought
    Primary: AR-19 compact machine gun (a compact gatling gun with high fire rate. Fires energy rounds and has an infinite magazine but can overheat)
    Ordnance: I'm thinking slaved warheads (visual lock on rockets from tf1) or sight guided rockets like salvo core. Let's go with the former.
    Tactical: Mines (set down mines that blow up on proximity
    Defensive: Particle barrier (a stronger and wider version of the particle wall that has a shorter duration.
    Core: Mortar core (Enter targeting mode and select three areas to fire, sending missile strikes from a cannon in your back. Best used at range and in open areas)
    Description: Dreadnought is a sturdy titan all about suppressing fire, defense and area control. His kit is all about holding areas, tanking damage and playing a tactical role in the battlefield.

Congrats! You made it! Have a mental potato for your efforts. Hopefully you liked my ideas! I don't have any ideas for atlas titans since monarch is supposedly on the way!
  • Jootunheimr
    1 postsPosts: 1
    What about a Stealth Titan named Hunter or Stalker.
    Equipoed with a huge **** mechanical longbow and cloaking device