Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Leveling Titans and Weapons

TheMightyM0
434 postsPosts: 457 ✭✭✭
So lately I have seen a ton of people running around with Gen 3 or 4 titans and weapons, but so far my highest level Titan is a level 16-17? Something like that? What counts as progress toward each weapon or titans level! Is it kills, or assists or other points? I have no idea.

Comments

• ChromolyRex
    370 postsPosts: 374 ✭✭✭
    Kills.
    Generations: Pilot G10.49/50 (capped), ARES Division G7, R-201 G5, MGL G13, Northstar G30.
  • TheMightyM0
    That's what I had assumed it was. Thanks for clearing that up!
  • Kills and damage output.
    Pilot kills
    Titan kills/ damage
  • TheMightyM0
    So I need to just shoot titans more, then. Pilot kills count for titan leveling, too, or no?
  • MrEmarr
    2 postsPosts: 2
    Okay so every 2 pilots is a tick on the level up counter and every titan is one. Also the max you seem to be able to get is 11 ticks so 1 level +1 on titans. There are other things that count towards the two pilot tick like damage or calling a titan in. This is on Xbox One. If there is a way to get more than 11 ticks I have not personally seen it. And I have gotten 22 pilot kills and 10 titan kills while piloting a Legion.
  • Scorch17
    MrEmarr wrote: »
    Okay so every 2 pilots is a tick on the level up counter and every titan is one. Also the max you seem to be able to get is 11 ticks so 1 level +1 on titans. There are other things that count towards the two pilot tick like damage or calling a titan in. This is on Xbox One. If there is a way to get more than 11 ticks I have not personally seen it. And I have gotten 22 pilot kills and 10 titan kills while piloting a Legion.

I had matches with 10 or more pilots killed by my titan and get only two ticks at the end. So I will repeat OP qusetion, what counts as a progress toward titans level? Is it kills, or assists or other points? And how much each action contributes to titan level?

• Aimbot_user
    19 postsPosts: 26
    Scorch17 wrote: »
    MrEmarr wrote: »

I had matches with 10 or more pilots killed by my titan and get only two ticks at the end. So I will repeat OP qusetion, what counts as a progress toward titans level? Is it kills, or assists or other points? And how much each action contributes to titan level?

By "one tick," he means one tick on your titan leveling meter thing(shown in yellow or blue I think, can't remember which one. When that bar fills up, you get one merit. 1 merit=lots of ticks, depending on the level. Lower levels need <10 with level 1 needing 2-3, but higher levels need a lot more. This confusion could explain what happened. My memory is a bit rusty on the leveling though, despite going through an entire pilot gen in 4 hours.
  • Scorch17
    edited February 2017

By "one tick," he means one tick on your titan leveling meter thing(shown in yellow or blue I think, can't remember which one. When that bar fills up, you get one merit. 1 merit=lots of ticks, depending on the level. Lower levels need <10 with level 1 needing 2-3, but higher levels need a lot more. This confusion could explain what happened. My memory is a bit rusty on the leveling though, despite going through an entire pilot gen in 4 hours.

Wat? Looks like you missed the point of the question. I know what merits are and how the pilot's leveling works, I asked about actions, which contributes to your titan's level. I know that this includes titanfalls, cores, titan and auto-titan kills. Each of this actions counts as one tick. But, for example, I noticed, that killing pilots and bots as a Titan doesn't level it up. So, I'm kinda sick of all this obscurity around Titan's leveling system. Someone say, that 2 pilots counts as one tick on a leveling meter, the other claims that this is equals 10 killed pilots and some other nonsense.