Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Report high ping here!

Comments

• Robbie44G
    93 postsPosts: 105
    Ihdo wrote: »
    still the same lagh issues: Data Center Frankfurt 1 and 2. In the Lobby the ping is around 16ms......but ingame it is bouncing from 16 to 150ms randomly, causing heavy lags, freezing Picture and ruber band.......multiplayer is nearly impossible to Play with that lags. I have a cable Internet Connection with 150/10 and only Titanmfall2 is affected by that. all my other games BF1 or Overwatch for exampe stick to 19ms ping all the time. I do not understand why something that worked in TF1 now causes so much Troubles. I'm really done with that, no SLI Support till now, lags.......sry Respwan but you can buy any further games by yourself........

They stopped using Microsoft Azure servers and now have an inconsistent rented set of servers from multiple companies connecting to you and a mainframe.

Amazon. Now they renting servers from Amazon.

Seems more like rented servers IN THE AMAZON lol.
  • rarfarfar
    713 postsPosts: 802 ✭✭✭✭
    While I myself am having no issue playing the game, I am literally sitting here watching my friend's ping go absolute ****. It's not an ISP problem because I can play MP just fine (he's at my place). It's not a hardware problem because he has a higher-end PC. Any other MP game works great. Only in TF2 does he have this problem. None of the "fixes" helped in anyway. After reading thread upon thread, I've come to the conclusion that some users are right, Respawn just really doesn't care. It's been over a month, going on two, since a patch. If EA has taught RE anything, it's how to ruin a community, and they are doing it in spades.
    Thanks for this.
    I decided to pop back in today, just to see if @Jayfresh_Respawn had posted more info, of course he hadn't. He has found time to like some more fun clips over on reddit. As you say, Respawn don't care.
    Maybe they sat down and did the math. 15% of players experience lag spikes (that they know of). They already earned $$$ on those sales, and stand to make nothing on DLC, so why bother with the expense of fixing this, when all effected players will eventually leave anyway.
    Respawn really learned their lesson from EA.
    No nerfs! You're Pilots. You adapt. You Improvise. You overcome!
  • BN-NecessitoR
    13 postsPosts: 14
    It's Christmas holiday season. Give them a break for pity's sake. I'm sure they will sort the problems. Have a little faith.

I live in middle England and don't use the nearest data centre to me(London). The game runs better for me using the Belgium data centre.
    Didn't know theyr'e no longer using the Azure servers, though. Oddly, TT2 runs better for me that TT1 did lagwise. However I'm running this at 1600x900 windowed and the settings are high textures/bilinear so my 200mb connect is'nt really being stressed.
    i5 4670K/ATI R9 280X 3GB/16GB Ram/W7 64bit.
    You have my sympathy if not being able to play this having high ping/lag and all. I've had the same soul destroying experience with most, if not all of my 'COD' games. Why them particularly and not TT2 have no idea.

As said, hopefully next patch it'll all be fixed.....and yes, I'm an upbeat kind of guy.
    http://thenitwitts.enjin.com/forum/m/28206608/viewthread/28786695-titanfall-2-review
  • rarfarfar
    BN-Icufos wrote: »
    It's Christmas holiday season. Give them a break for pity's sake. I'm sure they will sort the problems. Have a little faith.
    I'm the guy that jumped through hoops to make sure the problem was not on my end. I spend countless hours looking through all available data. I've tried time and again to post constructive feedback in an effort to help Respawn as best I could. I even made this very thread to provide them with as much data as possible. I've made videos to showcase the problem, and even theorized on what the problem could be. All I've seen from Respawn in return is @Jayfresh_Respawn commenting on funny clips on reddit, and @RSPNslothy leave (other posters) a condescedning reply regarding their internet connection. Way to take repsonsibilty for your ****. smh.
    We already know they're using 20Hz tick rates. That's far cheaper than 60Hz, and the fact they've dropped Azure just tells me they're nickel & diming the servers. This is also why we'll never see a fix for these lag spikes. It's not good business. They couldn't cut a deal so they dropped MS, and now we're stuck (well, not me as I don't play anymore) on bronze level servers from Google, Amazon and whatever Multiplay has setup. Somewthing did happen around 4 weeks after release. Suddenly all data centers had higher pings from the main menu. This lasted for a few weeks, before they went back down. Stuff like that doesnøt happen on itøs own. Respawn pulled some levers. My guess is servers were downgraded after the first 4 weeks of gold/platinum.
    So in short: my faith in Respawn is spent
  • AshySamurai
    2560 postsPosts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BN-Icufos wrote: »

I live in middle England and don't use the nearest data centre to me(London). The game runs better for me using the Belgium data centre.
    Didn't know theyr'e no longer using the Azure servers, though. Oddly, TT2 runs better for me that TT1 did lagwise. However I'm running this at 1600x900 windowed and the settings are high textures/bilinear so my 200mb connect is'nt really being stressed.
    i5 4670K/ATI R9 280X 3GB/16GB Ram/W7 64bit.
    You have my sympathy if not being able to play this having high ping/lag and all. I've had the same soul destroying experience with most, if not all of my 'COD' games. Why them particularly and not TT2 have no idea.

As said, hopefully next patch it'll all be fixed.....and yes, I'm an upbeat kind of guy.
    http://thenitwitts.enjin.com/forum/m/28206608/viewthread/28786695-titanfall-2-review

The issue is not in faith. The issue is in acknowledging the problem. For now all Respawn said is that it is our problem (on our end). But it isn't. Yesterday the whole match ribberbanded for a few minutes. Not 1 or 2 but all 12 people weren't able to play.
    Respawn's own fanboy. Veteran of Regen shields war. Advanced flag button witness. Survivvor of Korean rebelion.
  • Where I live: Clarksburg, WV
    Data center used: NY

Reads 65 ms ping, in game ping times are highly unstable--fluctuates between 65 ms and over 300 ms, I have seen it upwards of 600 ms
  • getmused
    1640 postsPosts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭
    The biggest slap to the face; respawn stating they couldn't reproduce the stuttering. So they didn't think there was a problem to fix.

Mm hmm
  • Where I live: Washington State, USA
    Platform: Xbox One
    Data Center(s): Oregon -GCE 1, Oregon - GCE 2, Oregon 1, Oregon 2
    Main Menu Ping: Stated as 42 ping, currently. Ranges from about 34-48 ping.
    In Game Ping: Used to average 82-130 ping. Suddenly, I average 180-500 ping. Sometimes 2,500 ping.
    ISP: Frontier
    Connection Type: Wired
    Connection Stats: According to Speedtest, 2.11 mbps Down, .28 mbps Up, 28 Ping.

The game is nearly unplayable at this point. Partly my fault, as I have Frontier internet, and live in the middle of the woods, but I also believe the game might have some issues. In the dropship before the game, I average 90 ping now. During the drop, it shoots to 260-320. As soon as I hit the ground it drops to 130ish, and then fluctuates from 130-300. As soon as the first shots are fired, it jumps up to 260-600. Once I die, it drops to my old average of 82-130. Then jumps back up upon spawn. Near the end of the match, my ping will jump to 1,600-2,600 ping. The highest I've seen is 3,598 for a split second. It then sits at 1,500ish until the end. The reason I believe the game might be to blame is because this is rather consistent. Every game in the past few weeks has done this, or something similar. Even with console and router restarts. Other games that I have, are never this consistent with lag/Ping/latency issues.

Any tips for better connection? Or should I just give up on Multiplayer games until I'm old enough to move out?
  • Germinativum
    4 postsPosts: 8
    edited January 2017
    - Are you wired or wireless on your internet connection? - Wireless
    - What data center are you connection too and what is your ping normally? - Singapore 2 (5ms) but my matches are all nowadays 200 ping. I normally get 15-30 pings
    - What is your connection speeds? 1.0 Gbps (speedtest shows up to 300Mbps international)

My friends in the same country also get 200-400 ping. Normally we get 30 ping on Singapore servers but recently I think we have been getting matchmade to other continents...
  • Jrhannahwcu
    2 postsPosts: 2
    Started for me on monday.
    1. Where you live: North Carolina
    2. What data center you are trying to use that gives you this issue: Virginia 1 and Virginia 2
    3. Xbox 1
  • Robbie44G
    93 postsPosts: 105
    @rarfarfar

I too think something changed after the 4 week mark around the time of the 2.0.1.1 patch. game played flawless for me and even my wife commented on how i was not shouting at the TV like i do with laggy cod games lol.

After 4 weeks the lag spikes bullet sponges and all round constant lag spikes and increased pings have wasted my game play.
  • BN-NecessitoR
    13 postsPosts: 14
    Unfortunately it's got a lot laggier from about Saturday gone. Players are starting to lag in front of me. Theyr'e kind of glitching in time as they run. Odd. If I didn't know better I'd say the juice dial is being turned down. It's a shame but because this has not done that well maybe their pulling the plug? Still there's always the single player.
    I'll see if the lag continues or if it's just a momentary thing....However it still plays way better for me than any COD excepting Blops2.
    The Titanfall 2 lag post has got 737 views.
    http://thenitwitts.enjin.com/forum/m/28206608/viewthread/28901897-titanfall-2-lagthe-solution
    That says alot in itself. This is a brilliant 'fps'. Crying shame if the lag monster is allowed to eat it.
  • SIONTIS
    59 postsPosts: 64
    Amazing game but the servers are trash. I play on PS4 but I am not sure I want to continue playing TF2 online. I live in Greece and I use the European data centers (Frankfurt, Belgium, Amsterdam ...) . The lower ms count I can get( if I am lucky) is 72-88(data center) and 100ms in game. I can play just fine with 100ms delay but not if I keep getting 300ms lag spikes in almost every match. I can rarely double jump or wallrun online because when the lag spikes occur, the inputs doesn't register.
    This is the best first person shooter game with the worst online service.
  • AshySamurai
    @Jayfresh_Respawn are you at least working on this issue?
    Respawn's own fanboy. Veteran of Regen shields war. Advanced flag button witness. Survivvor of Korean rebelion.
  • rock1m1
    63 postsPosts: 78
    Game recommend me to play in HK with 97ms ping. Played and got over 400ms. Switched to the 3rd best Taiwan and even though the ping jumped wildly, it stayed more consistent and lower to 150ms (if it was any other game that would be very high for me). Today I got 300 to 400 on all the servers I tried.

Internet: 12mbps down, 12mbps up

Platform: PC.
  • Rukus4evr
    118 postsPosts: 131 ✭✭
    My buddy Ping is sooo high right now. Is that what you meant?
  • rock1m1
    The problem is getting worse...wow. How is it even possible to play this game right now?
  • rock1m1
    400+ now all the time. I am done with this nonsense.
  • WolfNavy
    1 postsPosts: 1
    edited January 2017
    I'm in Denmark and I'm getting completely trashed by lag. And it's been this way ever since the release of Angel City.
    I even had a longer twitter conversation with Jon Shiring (Lead Engineer on TF2) about my issues and he couldn't really give me a good answer. And to even ask the end user to contact your lead engineer on twitter to even get a response with a small hint towards something that resembles a solution, is going way beyond anything I as a customer should have to do, to be able to enjoy the game i bought.

I play plenty of other online shooters with no issues what so ever.

- Are you wired or wireless on your internet connection? - Wireless
    - What data center are you connection too and what is your ping normally? - Amsterdam (39ms) but my matches are all 2000+. I did not have any issues around release of the game
    - What is your connection speeds? 25 mbps down and 15 up

To be honest I've given up completely and I kinda feel like I'll never get a Respawn game again. I even convinced my friend to buy the game so we could play (before it got the insane lag issues), but it looks like it won't happen now since there's been no word from Respawn about a timeframe for the server fix.
  • ProjectBangarang
    3765 postsPosts: 4,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most frustrating thing is that I really feel like they had it on lock down with excellent ping/connections/servers/tick rate/whatever in the original. I have said it before and I'll say it again, that was the single biggest thing that kept me playing the original, is that I didn't have the garbage around the corner deaths that we had in CoD. I love the game, the titans, the weapons, the movement, but some decision was made or some mistake was made that destroyed the reliable connections and ping rate that were the foundation of my love for the original.
    "Gentlemen, I'm afraid I have decided to cancel the war. Kill them. Kill them all." - JAS. Hook, Captain
  • alfen1980_Nor
    116 postsPosts: 122
    Can anyone from Respawn please give a comment on this? Is it being looked at? Is it something that can't be fixed? To few with the problem? Working on a solution?
    Doing the ostrich "trick" with the head in sand is not the way to do this Respawn! Give it to me straight, i'm a big boy.

I've tried everything posted on this forum:
    -Wtfast,
    -Adjusted settings down to "Low" from "Insane" back to "Low" and waiting 6-7 sec,
    -"gpu_vram_size_mb .....",
    -Minimizing origin,
    -Closing Origin ingame
    -Closing nvidia experience,
    -Doing a restart often.
    -My motherboard has only pci Exp.3 for the GPU (Someone wrote that it helpt them when they change from a pci ex2 to 3
    -Repair game
    -Holding my breath while playing

The problem is still random. Some games are great and fluent others lag and stutter. My gun stops firing, titan stops walking, jumps are "off" I get stuck behind objects and tracking other players in a close quarter gunfight is more luck than skill when **** hits the fan and laggy-time starts. Sometimes it's in the beginning of the game other times it at the mid/end so random...

I use Amsterdam ( 29-31 ping in lobby) 42-210 in game and i tried London (34 ping in lobby) same result.

Pc spec: I7 6700K @ 4ghz, 16G RAM, GTX1070, Samsung 250SSD. Win10, Norway

I was sooo close to rage-quitting a game today and i'm a 37y old man with a wife, a kid and a stable mental health and no anger management problems.

Hugz`n Kisses

Please just give me (us with this problem) an answer. good or bad....
  • ProjectBangarang
    Can anyone from Respawn please give a comment on this? Is it being looked at? Is it something that can't be fixed? To few with the problem? Working on a solution?

@Jayfresh_Respawn said they are working on a known issues post to be coming out in a week or so. I sincerely hope this gets mentioned in said post.

"Gentlemen, I'm afraid I have decided to cancel the war. Kill them. Kill them all." - JAS. Hook, Captain
  • AshySamurai

@Jayfresh_Respawn said they are working on a known issues post to be coming out in a week or so. I sincerely hope this gets mentioned in said post.

They "investigating" simce November 22. Since then was no posts about it. Tho this post grown for 7 pages. Official response on the first page.
  • SIONTIS
    59 postsPosts: 64
    SIONTIS wrote: »
    Amazing game but the servers are trash. I play on PS4 but I am not sure I want to continue playing TF2 online. I live in Greece and I use the European data centers (Frankfurt, Belgium, Amsterdam ...) . The lower ms count I can get( if I am lucky) is 72-88(data center) and 100ms in game. I can play just fine with 100ms delay but not if I keep getting 300ms lag spikes in almost every match. I can rarely double jump or wallrun online because when the lag spikes occur, the inputs doesn't register.
    This is the best first person shooter game with the worst online service.

When I play the game in the morning , the best data center is 70ms and 100ms in game without lag spikes. When I launch the game in the evening the best data center is 150ms and 200ms in game with constant 300-400ms lag spikes (absolutely unplayable even if I choose to play custom solo modes against AI!). In the morning, the player count on top of the screen (pilots vs pilots) is 60-100 players in matches and in the evening is 600-700 .No issues with other games (BF4,BF1,OW).If you can't handle the online cost because of poor sales or whatever reason, at least allow us to play some offline multiplayer modes against AI bots (attrition, bounty hunt).
  • UrPersonal4mok
    5 postsPosts: 7
    edited January 2017
    Your server lags getting worse (PC)!!!

When I first reported this isssue I just saw on replay that my opponent fired more shots than I heard. On replay I saw how much shots they really fired = diffrent servers are not in sync = 1 player has a lag advantage by half a second or so.

Now I see people visually lagging since today.

I striktly suggest you to stop syncing servers = Lag free games.

When can we expect a solution for this (I don't care about updates, you promised better servers than in tf 1 and you offer a lot worse servers now, game is no fun when getting **** by noobs and firing your whole mag in to a person that just takes no dmg).
  • TaxDebt
    8 postsPosts: 9
    Lag Confirmed
  • rarfarfar
    edited January 2017
    If you want to get in contact with @Jayfresh_Respawn I suggest posting a gfycat (funny or awesome moments only) on reddit, and https://www.reddit.com/user/Jayfresh_Respawn will come running. Disgusting. Players experiencing in-game problems need not apply. The netcode is not up to par, but that's not Respawn's fault, you'll just have to change ISP (isn't that right @RSPNslothy ?), because the netcode will not be optmized.
    Meanwhile rest assured Respawn is doing everything they can, to have the next Titanfall ready ~2 years from now, so when all this is long forgotten and all the shee ... sorry gamers will run out and buy Titanfall 3.
    Lag posts are building on reddit as well, but of course Jay has no time for such trivialities; https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/search?q=lag&sort=new&restrict_sr=on
  • ProjectBangarang
    edited January 2017
    rarfarfar wrote: »
    If you want to get in contact with @Jayfresh_Respawn I suggest posting a gfycat (funny or awesome moments only) on reddit, and https://www.reddit.com/user/Jayfresh_Respawn will come running. Disgusting. Players experiencing in-game problems need not apply. The netcode is not up to par, but that's not Respawn's fault, you'll just have to change ISP (isn't that right @RSPNslothy ?), because the netcode will not be optmized.
    Meanwhile rest assured Respawn is doing everything they can, to have the next Titanfall ready ~2 years from now, so when all this is long forgotten and all the shee ... sorry gamers will run out and buy Titanfall 3.
    Lag posts are building on reddit as well, but of course Jay has no time for such trivialities; https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/search?q=lag&sort=new&restrict_sr=on

While I more than agree that the lag is entirely unacceptable, I think Jay is doing a pretty solid job balancing between the two forums and trying to help where he can. The issue with his communication on the topic may be from a lack of knowledge as to the status of any attempted fixes. I know there are a lot of times where I work that I get chewed out by clients for a delay, but in reality it is because those who hold the information are slow to do their job in resolving the issue and it is outside of my control, but since I am the face of the company, it appears to be my fault.

Is is still an issue that Respawn needs to address and acknowledge and give a time line to fix. Absolutely, but I think that it is less Jay's fault than it is being made out to be and that the lack of communication is better than giving false information.

BTW 17 threads within the past 5 days on lag is insane and needs to be priority one.
  • Koulo89
    2 postsPosts: 2
    TF1 has a excelent ping with 52ms all the time, TF2 in other case i have 48ms in menu but 250ms (brazil server) in game that insane, whats the problem? bad netcode?, idk but this problem need to be fixed. I have to play in new york server with 180ms in game ( say 120ms in menu) in some times up to 320ms.

That not my problem for my net (yeah is wireless) i play other games in brazil with 60ms or 90ms maximum never had a problem.
  • rarfarfar
    Is is still an issue that Respawn needs to address and acknowledge and give a time line to fix. Absolutely, but I think that it is less Jay's fault than it is being made out to be and that the lack of communication is better than giving false information.
    I'm not blaming @Jayfresh_Respawn for the lag spikes, but I am blaming him for his lack of communication. Completely ignoring this place, while spending time upvoting funny clips on reddit is disgusting, and a testament to how Respawn has veered from their old standards of delivering quality and support. Maybe it's the EA factor. That would explain why @RSPNslothy openly blamed this on ISPs instead of taking some responsibility for the unfinished **** him and his team released. All arrows point to Respawn and their second grade servers, and they won't even acknowledge the problem.