Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Report high ping here!

Comments

• getmused
    1640 postsPosts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭
    I wish everyone would post in this thread instead of making new ones. Idk if it's better to have one huge thread or lots of small ones.

I'm just really curious what has happened to the network and hope we hear back from someone. Maybe once the mods are hired they can relay the message
  • Not exactly high ping but im playing at 60 to 100 range. Which is very odd because at release i played with 18 to 20 ping for almost two weeks. Datacenter is Frankfurt.
    I get the suspicion they just went to cheaper servers....
  • getmused
    I really hope they didn't go cheaper servers, this game really does deserve the best
  • cosmicturtle333
    3156 postsPosts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

You almost cost me a coliseum ticket.
    Join the forum Discord server: https://discord.gg/SbneBat
  • cosmicturtle333
    3156 postsPosts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join the forum Discord server: https://discord.gg/SbneBat
  • rarfarfar wrote: »
    Hey folks this is something we're investigating and what would be helpful for us if you're experiencing this is to provide me with:

1. Where you live
    2. What data center you are trying to use that gives you this issue

This data will help the team identify how to fix. Sorry for the issue!
    Original post: Logged on for a little online mayhem and shooting stuff, and the ping to the datacentres is much higher than normal. Amsterdam is at 47ms, normal ping is 28-30ms. The Frankfurt DCs are at 37ms and 39ms respectively., they're normally in the 28-30ms range as well. Belgium is at normal levels; 45ms. There's only 10K people online, so it's not an unusual hih serverload.
    I game I usually get 49-50ms, today it's fluctuating between 65-84/85 with spikes into the 130+ range every 10 seconds or so. Is anyone else, who usually have great connections, experiencing anything similar?
    PS4 is cabled and in the DMZ. Ping from different speedtests still return <40ms within a 2000km/1250mi range

1- Argentina
    2-Sao Paulo 1 and 2
    It makes me unplayable having to go at a disadvantage with 300ms on the server of my own continent
  • rarfarfar
    713 postsPosts: 802 ✭✭✭✭
    Spezifisch wrote: »
    Not exactly high ping but im playing at 60 to 100 range. Which is very odd because at release i played with 18 to 20 ping for almost two weeks. Datacenter is Frankfurt.
    My thoughts exactly. For the first 4 weeks they had the premium plan, but for whatever reason they swicthed over to a cheaper plan
    No nerfs! You're Pilots. You adapt. You Improvise. You overcome!
  • AshySamurai
    2560 postsPosts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rarfarfar wrote: »
    Spezifisch wrote: »
    Not exactly high ping but im playing at 60 to 100 range. Which is very odd because at release i played with 18 to 20 ping for almost two weeks. Datacenter is Frankfurt.
    My thoughts exactly. For the first 4 weeks they had the premium plan, but for whatever reason they swicthed over to a cheaper plan

Trial time is over. Now they need to make a new account or pay for this one.
    Respawn's own fanboy. Veteran of Regen shields war. Advanced flag button witness. Survivvor of Korean rebelion.
  • @Jayfresh_Respawn can we have your attention?

Silly Ashy, look on reddit, Jay was busy upvoting memes. :disappointed:
  • getmused
    Cosmetic turtle, I'm curious if that video was taken yesterday? I'll say around 2-3:00 United States eastern.

Nice play by the way
  • getmused
    Jay has been busy on these forums. But we still don't have a response
  • AshySamurai
    Yesterday server just crashed for the whole party. I guess it is still ISP fault. Not sure how but definitelly ISP.
    Respawn's own fanboy. Veteran of Regen shields war. Advanced flag button witness. Survivvor of Korean rebelion.
  • rarfarfar
    Yesterday server just crashed for the whole party. I guess it is still ISP fault. Not sure how but definitelly ISP.
    Of course it was you ISP ... or your equipment.
    All these people experiencing these lag spikes all around the world, and only in RTF2 mind you. Third party analysis of the servers show 20Hz tickrates and abysmal frame differences (Battlesense). Data centers that mysteriously change ping levels for weeks at a time. Of course it's on your end. It's certainly not the nickel & dime setup that Respawn tried to fix with some severside tweaks, or the sloppy netcode.
    I can guarantee you, that Respawn is NOT investigating anything. They know all players with lag spikes will drop the game soon enough, and as ordered by EA, they do nothing for them, because those same people will be back for the next installment in 2 years anyway. It's simple business. Respawn don't give 2 **** about these problems. The only thing you can do now, is sell your copy, at least that's $60 for respawn's coffers, because frankly with user support this bad, thery don't deserve them.
    I still recommend going to Overwatch. 60Hz tick rates and a hit detection that is perfect, and best of all Blizzard actually interact with the community on problems..
  • getmused
    I'm just curious, bc I'm ignorant when it comes to the internet and computers in general. I can get computers to do what I want them to do but beyond understanding them...... not happening

Anyways, I've seen multiple ppl on he forums say things like "cheap" and sloppy netcode and the like. Could you kindly explain in laymen terms what you think is the problem.

I've read about the tic rate, so any other suggestions or explanations would be greatly appreciated. I enjoy educating myself and I really loathe not understanding something
  • rarfarfar
    getmused wrote: »
    Anyways, I've seen multiple ppl on he forums say things like "cheap" and sloppy netcode and the like. Could you kindly explain in laymen terms what you think is the problem.
    The following is over-simplyfied :)
    The multiplayer communication in games is just a bunch of packets being sent back and forth between people. There are different ways of delivereing these packages. One is slow and reliable; TCP, and one is fast but can be unreliable.
    Imagine 2 company offices sending packets between them using a courier. One courier UPS offers track&trace on all packets. That means they'll wait for each packet to be signed out by the sender, and signed for by the recipient. UPS keeps track of each packet while it's in transit, and if they lose even one out the back of the truck, they will stop and not drive on, untill they've retrieved said package. This is way all packets are guaranteed delivered. UPS will even deliver the packets in order if required. This is TCP, a great way of doing network communication via www, email and ftp as everything is confirmed delivered. It's not good for gaming, as it's too slow and too prone to error (packet loss).
    In games we use a different carrier service. Let's call it FedEx. The sender just throws the parcels down to the mailroom, where FedEx pick them up and send them on the way to the recipient. FedEx will drive much faster than the UPS truck, but they will not keep track of any packets. If they drop a few, they will drive on. At the recipient's office they won't wait for a signature. They'll just throw of the packets and pick a new one for the return trip. FedEx don't care if the packets are delivered or in what order they arrive. This is called UDP, and is suited for gaming and streaming. Good netcode must make sure to compensate for the lost packages, so end-users don't experience any interruptions to the service.
    In RTF2 it seems the packet deliverey is so poor, or so massively interrupted, that we get these huge lag spikes. We can only guess as to why, but I think the netcode pairs people over too great distances, and just one poor internet connection in a match will affect everyone. Even FedEx can't drive on a blocked freeway. If it's just one player on a high ping, or perhaps when people join or leave I don't know, but these lag spikes and the pattern (at least as it's reported on here) points to poor netcode, that can't handle packet loss very well.
  • getmused
    Interesting and thank you. I ask bc I I had my opinions (uneducated) about this surge in really inconsistent ping, therefore bad gameplay.

I believe your last statement true and what I believed to be some of my problem. I was being put in a match with ppl all across the world. And as soon as it happened the game went crazy.

If I remember they had an update a few weeks ago before angle city dropped. Before this update I'd see 1000 players online maybe. Then after update it jumped to 20000. And I started playing with ppl across he ocean. I also noticed my ping would go crazy. Data center ping numbers would fluctuate and constantly change. I still don't understand why the closest data centers are not my highest ping. Or why data centers change everyday.

So I don't know if this was the case but I would much rather play the same ppl over and over again and wait a few seconds more if my game wouldn't bug out due to whatever you want to call it.

Again thanks for the lesson
  • ToweringParsley
    1 postsPosts: 1
    edited December 2016
    1. USA, Indiana
    2. St. Louis tho the game auto connects me to Iowa gce1.

The game usually runs smooth for a few games then usually jumps from ~40ms up to ~2000

Playing on Xb1 wi-fi ~20mbps.
  • getmused
    Wifi can cause problems. Try connecting hard wired into your modem
  • killinV
    11 postsPosts: 12
    I live in Argentina, connecting to Brasil Datacenter, so, playing on Brasil servers.

When the game launched I was having 40ms to Datacenter, but in-game I was having 180ms with 200ms jumps on lag.

A month after living and playing with this problem the lag "fixed itself", I was playing with 60ms constant, was amazing.

Now, 4 days before the 2XP Christmas weekend event the lag came back and a bit worse, now is constant 200-250ms with very heavy lag spikes rising to 4000ms. (You can check the video I posted)

Tried everything, checking software updates, disabling network adapters not being used, closing everything except the game and the lag never went away.

The only temporal "fix" I found when the game launched was using WTFast (a VPN software) and ping reduced to 80ms stable.

Now, the thing is, I don't know what else to do, and I know this is a kinda "common" issue all over the world for a lot of people, most people in South America, living in Chile, Peru, Paraguay, Uruguay and Argentina are having this issue, not ALL of them, but I'm really out of options now, the only thing I can do is play on the New York Datacenter where I get 160ms, and you know how TTK is in this game, how every second counts, I can do very well on a lot of matches with that lag but I can't keep playing with this lag, I'm tired of this problem and don't knowing what is goin on.

TLDR:
    - Game released, 180ms on servers (40ms to Datacenter)
    - A month later, out of nowhere, 60ms on servers (39ms to Datacenter)
    - 4 days before 2XP Christmas event 200ms on servers (43ms to Datacenter) rising to 4000ms. for a minute or two, then back to 200-250ms.
    - I don't know what else to do, RIP.

Video: (What's weird for me, is that I was able to see how everyone was running around, killing each other, dropping titans, getting killed like if there was no lag)

This isn't my first comment on this topic and neither on the forums about this problem. People on Reddit doesn't give a **** about this problems a lot of us are having and Lag Problems are always downvoted to ****.

Really sad.
  • robleorus
    3 postsPosts: 3
    I live in Brisbane Australia
    Connection to any 3 Sydney servers list ping at ~22 (it sits around 30 in game and spikes to around 2000+ periodically in game).

My gameplay started off really good (no lag whatsoever). But, I have recently been getting consistent lags, and it has been getting progressively worse. For example, I go through a door, then suddenly find myself positioned back outside the door, I see pilots and titans freeze for up to 5 seconds then snap out of the freeze and find out I have been killed, I freeze and cannot move for up to 5 seconds, and much more. This stuff makes the game pretty well unplayable for me, but during the last couple of days I have been dropped from matches due to connection errors. I have tested my internet speed and ping via third party applications and it is solid! I kept an eye on my task manager and my CPU and RAM are not even close to maxing out, BUT I can see periodic interruptions in my network activity (this only occurs when I am playing TF2 Multiplayer).

I have also noticed that the match making animations in the lobby (the circular animations) freeze in a similar way to my gameplay. Surely this demonstrates there is something seriously wrong here? There has to be a ridiculously low amount of information to share with the server while matchmaking? Not enough to be an issue for a 6th Gen i5, 16GB ram, SSD, and a fibre optic internet connection...

Like everyone else posting in this thread, I want to know what is going on and when this is going to be addressed... If you can't do these two things, then you really need to refund my purchase, because a game that is not playable is worthless.
  • TF-Flash
    2 postsPosts: 2
    I had the same problem :( , since I installed WTFast my problem is solved :)
    It's great I can play all day B)
  • Robbie44G
    93 postsPosts: 105
    7375842.png

Yeah its my ISP.... Now respawn fix you laggy **** cheap **** Welfare servers...
  • killinV
    11 postsPosts: 12
    TF-Flash wrote: »
    I had the same problem :( , since I installed WTFast my problem is solved :)
    It's great I can play all day B)

Enjoy those 14 trial days, I'm still in doubt if pay or not
  • While I myself am having no issue playing the game, I am literally sitting here watching my friend's ping go absolute ****. It's not an ISP problem because I can play MP just fine (he's at my place). It's not a hardware problem because he has a higher-end PC. Any other MP game works great. Only in TF2 does he have this problem. None of the "fixes" helped in anyway. After reading thread upon thread, I've come to the conclusion that some users are right, Respawn just really doesn't care. It's been over a month, going on two, since a patch. If EA has taught RE anything, it's how to ruin a community, and they are doing it in spades.
  • 1. Where you live: Norway
    2. What data center you are trying to use that gives you this issue: I use amsterdam and worked great for me in the start but the last days the ping have had drops from 40-50 till 120+ who makes me lagg like ****. Some times it takes minutes in between every drop and other times every 5 seconds

• Ihdo
    2 postsPosts: 2
    still the same lagh issues: Data Center Frankfurt 1 and 2. In the Lobby the ping is around 16ms......but ingame it is bouncing from 16 to 150ms randomly, causing heavy lags, freezing Picture and ruber band.......multiplayer is nearly impossible to Play with that lags. I have a cable Internet Connection with 150/10 and only Titanmfall2 is affected by that. all my other games BF1 or Overwatch for exampe stick to 19ms ping all the time. I do not understand why something that worked in TF1 now causes so much Troubles. I'm really done with that, no SLI Support till now, lags.......sry Respwan but you can buy any further games by yourself........
  • Elfrio22
    1 postsPosts: 1
    Awh man. I feel bad for all of you pilots. I live in the Netherlands with a pretty fast fibre connection. And a 9ms ping to Amsterdam and like 33 ping in game. I only had one lag spike ever. But that was it
  • TurboChards
    536 postsPosts: 564 ✭✭✭
    Virgina 1 / Virgina 2 I'm in Delaware. Ping states 20 but during match sits around 30, 60, or 100+. 60-100 has become the norm as of lately.

Running 100/75 Internet with boosts at 150/75.

Halo 5 ping sits at about 10-20 through the match so not my internet causing the problem from my point of view.
  • TurboChards
    536 postsPosts: 564 ✭✭✭
    Ihdo wrote: »
    still the same lagh issues: Data Center Frankfurt 1 and 2. In the Lobby the ping is around 16ms......but ingame it is bouncing from 16 to 150ms randomly, causing heavy lags, freezing Picture and ruber band.......multiplayer is nearly impossible to Play with that lags. I have a cable Internet Connection with 150/10 and only Titanmfall2 is affected by that. all my other games BF1 or Overwatch for exampe stick to 19ms ping all the time. I do not understand why something that worked in TF1 now causes so much Troubles. I'm really done with that, no SLI Support till now, lags.......sry Respwan but you can buy any further games by yourself........

They stopped using Microsoft Azure servers and now have an inconsistent rented set of servers from multiple companies connecting to you and a mainframe.
  • AshySamurai
    Ihdo wrote: »

They stopped using Microsoft Azure servers and now have an inconsistent rented set of servers from multiple companies connecting to you and a mainframe.

Amazon. Now they renting servers from Amazon.