Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Report high ping here!

Comments

• Has anybody here tried an GPN like WTFast ? I was recommended to try them as it may helps to keep ping/lag spikes in rein.
  • killinV
    11 postsPosts: 12
    Has anybody here tried an GPN like WTFast ? I was recommended to try them as it may helps to keep ping/lag spikes in rein.

Yes, I tried WTFast and it worked for me, but the weird thing is that I recommended it to all my friends and it didn't work for any of them, they used the same settings I used and there was no way to lower their ping.

I was using the Free 14 days trial, and 4 days before the trial time expires my ping fixed itself in-game, I don't get what the **** happend, probably my ISP changed some routing stuff on their end and now I have stable and excellent ping, but I don't get what the **** is goin on.

The sad part of this is that Respawn isn't fixing this problem and the player base here in South America is getting low because of this problem, I was getting tired of it and a lot of people already stopped playing because of this problem. I can't believe how they don't see or say something like "Hey guys, the player base in South America is shrinking, what can be the problem?"... I don't know, it's sad, I'm in love again with Titanfall and I have to wait like half an hour to find people in my region thanks to this, most of the people changes DataCenter, picks New York and you can play instantly (with 150ms), and I'm still waiting in the lobby to play a game.
  • rock1m1
    63 postsPosts: 78
    I noticed that whenever the pings fluctuate wildly, say from my 110 to 250, immense stutters are introduced in the game and audio crackles.
  • 2870hero
    71 postsPosts: 78
    rarfarfar wrote: »
    Hey folks this is something we're investigating and what would be helpful for us if you're experiencing this is to provide me with:

1. Where you live
    2. What data center you are trying to use that gives you this issue

This data will help the team identify how to fix. Sorry for the issue!
    Original post: Logged on for a little online mayhem and shooting stuff, and the ping to the datacentres is much higher than normal. Amsterdam is at 47ms, normal ping is 28-30ms. The Frankfurt DCs are at 37ms and 39ms respectively., they're normally in the 28-30ms range as well. Belgium is at normal levels; 45ms. There's only 10K people online, so it's not an unusual hih serverload.
    I game I usually get 49-50ms, today it's fluctuating between 65-84/85 with spikes into the 130+ range every 10 seconds or so. Is anyone else, who usually have great connections, experiencing anything similar?
    PS4 is cabled and in the DMZ. Ping from different speedtests still return <40ms within a 2000km/1250mi range

i dont under stand what the problem is, i'm in Australia & the RTF2 population is dismal here so my friends and i play on American servers alot. we experience ping anywhere from 200 to 300+ and the delay is minimal, still wrecking.
  • 2870hero
    71 postsPosts: 78
    Raizurhk wrote: »
    Relating to ping etc if I try to stream gameplay it lags like crazy but it only does it on Titanfall 2. I can stream any other game with no lag at all. Anyone else have this issue?

my friends stream is fine
  • killinV
    11 postsPosts: 12
    edited December 2016
    2870hero wrote: »
    rarfarfar wrote: »
    Hey folks this is something we're investigating and what would be helpful for us if you're experiencing this is to provide me with:

1. Where you live

Original post: Logged on for a little online mayhem and shooting stuff, and the ping to the datacentres is much higher than normal. Amsterdam is at 47ms, normal ping is 28-30ms. The Frankfurt DCs are at 37ms and 39ms respectively., they're normally in the 28-30ms range as well. Belgium is at normal levels; 45ms. There's only 10K people online, so it's not an unusual hih serverload.
    I game I usually get 49-50ms, today it's fluctuating between 65-84/85 with spikes into the 130+ range every 10 seconds or so. Is anyone else, who usually have great connections, experiencing anything similar?
    PS4 is cabled and in the DMZ. Ping from different speedtests still return <40ms within a 2000km/1250mi range

i dont under stand what the problem is, i'm in Australia & the RTF2 population is dismal here so my friends and i play on American servers alot. we experience ping anywhere from 200 to 300+ and the delay is minimal, still wrecking.

I can play "well" on US servers, the thing is that this is just not the way to play... I mean, is a fast paced shooter and the TTK here is incredibly low, I love it, and I consider myself a pretty good player and I can do well no matter the LAG, but the fact that we need to change DataCenters and play with 150-300ms is just unnaceptable.
  • Tried to play a few minutes ago and put up with the usual lag spikes, seems the free weekend took its toll, the ping got a lot worse. Baseline ping is now somewhere at 90 ms.
  • rock1m1
    Did anyone at Respawn responded to this?
  • In New Jersey, usually get connected to New York or Virginia. Ping as displayed on the main menu is fine, repeatedly get launched into 1000+ ping in-game, frequently getting disconnected after a minute or two of gameplay. I can play Battlefield 1 and other online games just fine.
  • AshySamurai
    2560 postsPosts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just leave it here.

9dPX8UW.jpg
    Respawn's own fanboy. Veteran of Regen shields war. Advanced flag button witness. Survivvor of Korean rebelion.
  • 1. Where you live NEW YORK
    2. What data center you are trying to use that gives you this issue NEW YORK

everyday i try to play and everyday there's high ping.
  • ProjectBangarang
    3766 postsPosts: 4,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this game. I defend this game. I want to play this game. I cannot play this game.

Have there been any kind of comments on this at all as to when or if this is going to be resolved. I seriously have been trying to be patient, but it is getting worse by the day. If it isn't a 1000 ms ping spike, then it is lag compensation creating war heroes that don't deserve the kills they get.

It is to the point where it is nearly unplayable. I keep trying because occasionally I can get in a couple of good games in a row before it gets bad.

I don't understand, I am in the US. Not that any of you Pilots in other parts of the world are any less relevant or important, but the game was developed in the US, at the very least it should be working flawlessly in the country of origin. I can't even imagine how frustrated those of you outside of the states feel.

I have to stop playing after a few games because it gets so bad and so frustrating.
    "Gentlemen, I'm afraid I have decided to cancel the war. Kill them. Kill them all." - JAS. Hook, Captain
  • NIURON
    3 postsPosts: 3
    edited December 2016
    I love this game. I defend this game. I want to play this game. I cannot play this game.

Have there been any kind of comments on this at all as to when or if this is going to be resolved. I seriously have been trying to be patient, but it is getting worse by the day. If it isn't a 1000 ms ping spike, then it is lag compensation creating war heroes that don't deserve the kills they get.

It is to the point where it is nearly unplayable. I keep trying because occasionally I can get in a couple of good games in a row before it gets bad.

I don't understand, I am in the US. Not that any of you Pilots in other parts of the world are any less relevant or important, but the game was developed in the US, at the very least it should be working flawlessly in the country of origin. I can't even imagine how frustrated those of you outside of the states feel.

I have to stop playing after a few games because it gets so bad and so frustrating.

I think they ignore as all equally.
  • Silverback_LXXXV
    24 postsPosts: 24
    edited December 2016
    @NIURON - Are you trying to criticize the glorious and flawless GOTY 2016? Shame on you, only because all your rigs are potatos or your ISP is an old lady which turned her clothesline into an landline. There are no flaws IN Titanfall, you are all a flaw TO Titanfall.

/Sarcasm
  • I Live in the Netherlands, I normally use the Amsterdam data center, which sits around 11 ms at the moment. In game I have never had a ping above 35-40. But I see people jumping all over the place. And when I try to respawn, it frequently hangs or disconnects me.
  • Bellsten
    11 postsPosts: 11
    Clearly this game breaking issue should have been fixed by now, but it aint.
  • AOD_GoDziLLa
    27 postsPosts: 30
    Since the last update I have been experiencing random high pings during every match. It goes from 30-45 to about 250-300 randomly. I hope there is a fix coming for this soon :) @Jayfresh_Respawn
  • Silverback_LXXXV
    24 postsPosts: 24
    edited December 2016
    Since the last update I have been experiencing random high pings during every match. It goes from 30-45 to about 250-300 randomly. I hope there is a fix coming for this soon :) @Jayfresh_Respawn

The issue is here since the very first moment of Titanfall2, one of the earliest threads I could find about this issue is from Oct 28th: https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/5257/problem-with-connection-really-high-ping-spikes-for-no-reason#latest

There wont be a fix soon, get this idea out of your head. Since my router and my wired connection couldn't be blamed, I was personally told that my ISP is the one to blame, because they would oversell their bandwith, thus package would be dropped yada yada yada. Against my objection, that I dont have a single issue with CoD nor BF1 (virtually any other MP game) I was again told that Titanfall needs much more bandwith because of all the AI action going on, and the sheer amount of bullets in the game would also take a lot more bandwith, than the games mentioned b4 would need, yes even more than a 64 player BF1 server. Yet even he was unable to tell how often Titanfall go above that or what its average is.

This means that the published min. requirement of about Internet Connection - 512Kbps or faster is **** because you cant enjoy the game at this given connection.

Taken into account that there has been a massive test for the backend (only on consoles though) and the servers aren't hosted on MS Azure anymore there is a certain possiblity there has happened some kind of trade off in the server infrastructure to save money and this test serves the purpose to optimize for most.
  • AshySamurai
    2560 postsPosts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also found a correlation between FPS drops and lag spikes. I'm loosing frames only during that lags. Not sure what cause what but I see no reason to run game fine all the time and get fps grops from 100+ to 20 for a minute and then all fine again. I doubt my PC just wanted to relax for a minute. This make me assume that lags causing fps drops.
    Respawn's own fanboy. Veteran of Regen shields war. Advanced flag button witness. Survivvor of Korean rebelion.
  • 1. Southern AZ

2. Salt Lake City datacenter

3. PC
  • madara989
    1 postsPosts: 1
    1. Where you live: Bangalore (India)
    2. What data center you are trying to use that gives you this issue: Singapore[1-3]

On the data centre selection menu, the ping is shown to be 60-70 ms for the Singapore data centres but in game the ping is always 300-400 ms.
  • Hulio84
    8 postsPosts: 9
    edited December 2016
    1. I'm in Canberra, Australia
    2. I used both Sydney and Sydney1 data centres and they were both extremely choppy, but it seems to come and go.

If I do a private attrition match with just myself, it's smooth as silk. Only multiplayer seems to be affected. It was fine before the Angel City patch. Have a look at this footage to see what the stuttering is like:

• Waldpard
    10 postsPosts: 10
    1. Austria/Vienna/PC wired
    2. Datacenter Frankfurt: 29ms / until recently I had 50ms ingame and now I have during the day 130ms ping as standard.

Why I choose frankfurt as a datacenter, if I have 130ms anyway. It gets worse with every day. So the game does not make fun any more.
  • rock1m1
    Man... I really enjoy this game but...in a very confrontational game unlike BF 1 for example where ping matters as much as kill. I get 300+ spikes and stays above 200ms, even though My data center says 97ms. It is so frustrating and unfair that people see me a few milliseconds before I can. At this point I am just gonna hold off playing this game and go back to Overwatch when and if they tend to fix it. At least have someone from the dev team communicate with us?
  • Sci0n
    15 postsPosts: 16

1. Where you live

fisrt of, you really should do this work yourself. Second off, your game is now just unplayable.

The high ping is a joke, not even 2 months and the game is just fully of COD moments,

Its so visible too, you shoot and hit someone and there heatlh dont even go down.

Game has flopped HARD. Which is a massive shame as you only had to tweak a few things.
  • getmused
    1640 postsPosts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭
    Ok can someone explain why Dallas is a lower ping then the other surrounding cities located next to me?

Does it mean I should use the lowest ping or closest city?

I bring this up bc it seems to get real screwed when I use Dallas. I'm not the stuttering (l don't think) but the other players are.

But when I use the next lowest ping which is the closet city other players don't stutter "as much" but I begin to stutter.

I just don't understand. It's really frustrating bc it seems so random.

Lastly, why is Dallas my lowest ping one day then the next the 10th lowest. My lowest ping cities are constantly changing.

Please could someone shed some light, I love the game and I'm a TF1 original. I take pride in my wins and losses but a lot of times (especially today) the lag and stutter is killing it
  • Hi, just started playing last week. first few days were fine then last night (Sunday night) I am persistently at 133 ping with constant spikes up to 200+.

Oregon datacenters, 70 ping...
  • getmused
    1640 postsPosts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭
    please, can we get some guidance about data centers and ping? I've posted a few comments but I see no response.
  • KeyNote129
    1 postsPosts: 1
    edited December 2016
    Yeah the issue is pretty bad for me, almost 90% of my matches have 180-200 ping regardless of time or data center. Once in a rare while I get 70-100 ping

1) Live in Puerto Rico

2) Normally try South Carolina 1-2 which have 55~ ping at menu, Have tried Virginia 1-2 which have 70~ ping but its the same problem. For some reason South Carolina 3 has over 90 ping on menu.

I play on PS4, wired or wireless makes no clear improvement

EDIT:
    According to Openspeedtest.com my download speed is 64 Mbps.
    Random anecdotal evidence, when I play Dota 2 on their US East servers which reportedly are located in Sterling, VA my ping is 80~ so I'm not sure if the issue is on my end.
  • GunSHEEP
    5 postsPosts: 6
    edited December 2016
    getmused wrote: »
    please, can we get some guidance about data centers and ping? I've posted a few comments but I see no response.

Texas is the lowest for me also but I always change to anothern one on the list. Just about every other location is physically closer to me than Texas

Ping changes constantly due to load and server traffic. I usually try a different server...play several games...and switch if there is too much skipping...teleporting...killed around corners ****. Usually Oregon is pretty stable for me. Your mileage may vary. All I can recommend is try different servers until you find one that works for you. That may not be the one with the lowest ping.

Not that it matters. My game ping tonight fluctuated horribly. 50-60 one game then the next was 100 to 120. Back and forth all night. I'm guessing they are dumping you into whatever game is available and ignoring the location you've picked. That would also explain the **** map selection. Crash site four **** times.