Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Report high ping here!

Comments

• Desparil
    1 postsPosts: 2
    Both me and my friend live in Hungary.
    We use the servers Belgium or Frankfurt with 20-40ms.
    When it's good tough rarely nowadays the ping is usually 40-50ms ingame. However lately it has been on 130-150ms with sometimes 200ms spikes occuring(and notable rubberbanding).
  • 1. Where you live
    Ohio
    2. What data center you are trying to use that gives you this issue
    Ive been using New York, Virginia 1 and 2 and St Louis, ill hover anywhere form 20-40 ping but itl spike to 140-250 for about half a second to as long as 4 seconds
  • DockerAl
    893 postsPosts: 963 ✭✭✭✭
    It's come back for me. Live in Perth Western Australia and playing on Singapore 3. 62 on the data centre select screen and 170+ in game.
    Declared the "Balance Guru" by the community!
  • rock1m1
    63 postsPosts: 78
    Sya 60ms to data center, when the game plays it gives me 200+, crazy!
  • rarfarfar
    713 postsPosts: 802 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Datacenter in Europe are back to normal levels for me. That means Frankfurt and Amsterdam now return <30ms. So something must've change.
    In-game is still the same lag spike ****, and games are still around 64-65, which used to be 49-50.
    No nerfs! You're Pilots. You adapt. You Improvise. You overcome!
  • Mr_Suplex_303
    68 postsPosts: 73 ✭✭
    I've benched this game until this gets fixed. It would be nice to at least get a response from someone at Respawn letting us know what is going on.
  • Winckle
    4 postsPosts: 4
    Has there been any new communication on this? I have tried every data center in Europe and same problem for every single one of them. I don't know what I can do. Multiplayer with strong rubberbanding/stuttering is just unplayable.
  • I've benched this game until this gets fixed. It would be nice to at least get a response from someone at Respawn letting us know what is going on.

So far it looks like they are still investigating. Nothing in the patch notes specifically adresses the persistent ping issues.
  • cosmicturtle333
    3156 postsPosts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Third day in a row I can't play. Come on guys, you made a great game here. Don't let it suffer because of bad servers.

Make that four days in a row. Killcams entirely different to what I see on my end. Massive skips and lag spikes. My K/D has halved, I can't carry anymore and my team is losing because of this ridiculous lag.

Make that a week of not being able to play without ping spikes past 1000.

Looks like I only had one day of good servers. Just lost a match of Attrition on Angel City. We were ahead by 25 points until I had 1819 ping. We then lost the match because they had Titan control.
    Join the forum Discord server: https://discord.gg/SbneBat
  • NIURON
    3 postsPosts: 3
    edited November 2016
    PC
    Wired
    Russian Federation
    All 3 EU data centers
    Main Menu 60ms
    In game constant spikes 90-140ms

How about do something about this? Maybe fix, if not too hard?
  • ProjectBangarang
    3766 postsPosts: 4,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    This is my first real issue with the huge ping spikes I went from 60's one game to 800-1000 the next. Nothing changed in my house or with connected devices.

It was around midnight mountain time in Utah, connected to an Oregon server. PS4.

I included a video to show how bad it was and that it was the very next game. Forgive the length pS4 capture options don't allow splicing together 2 clips. It gets bad at the 4 minute mark. I died because the game never registered I moved from the start of the round.

"Gentlemen, I'm afraid I have decided to cancel the war. Kill them. Kill them all." - JAS. Hook, Captain
  • DIEsel7x3
    1 postsPosts: 1
    I live in East Central Illinois. STL is my closest data center with 16-21ms ping. In game I'm 55-80 with bad spikes several times per minutes. Getting kicked from servers several times a night causine me to miss happy hour credits and in game credits I've earned. I have 100mb down 25 up and am hard wired in on ps4 pro. This is the ONLY game I have lag issues with. I've tried every data center under 100 ping with same results. I've decided to take a break from this game until I hear it's resolved so I don't just rage uninstall it. P.S. I'm a net admin so I did try some networking hacks at home to help and nothing did.
  • Mr_Suplex_303
    I tried the game again after the patch and things seemed almost completely back to normal. There were occasional spikes above 50ms, but for the most part the game was running smoothly.
  • Bellsten
    11 postsPosts: 11
    Patch seems to have fixed the high ping shown in Data Center, since it's now back to normal low ping. However the in game ping is now worse, day 1 ping for me was a steady 65, starting last weekend I had nothing but 80-100+ and with the patch out I am now getting 80 to over 300 in high ping spikes
  • rarfarfar
    713 postsPosts: 802 ✭✭✭✭
    Bellsten wrote: »
    Patch seems to have fixed the high ping shown in Data Center, since it's now back to normal low ping.
    I think that happened a few days ago before the patch, so definitely a serverside thing
    No nerfs! You're Pilots. You adapt. You Improvise. You overcome!
  • Terrible Lag on Servers in Brazil, Sao Paulo. After patch update I had a great increase in lag and ping is 50 and nothing increases up to 400 and peaks from 800 to 1000 latency. Resolve this or I will change game and recommend another game for my friends and acquaintances
  • spidervel
    same problem :( 160 to 180 ping on servers in brazil. pls fix it :(
  • Mr_Suplex_303
    Actually I spoke too soon. The game is now hit or miss, with some matches still being unplayable. Ping will fairly regularly spike to 100ms+ in matches that are normally smooth at 50ms. It doesn't seem as bad as Black Friday, but its still bad.

The game has clearly sold well over the shopping weekend. Its time for EA and Respawn to invest in the infrastructure needed to support it.
  • Fudgeurpizzy
    113 postsPosts: 126
    edited December 2016
    mistake
  • Well I got an interesting msg from an Respawn network engineer. Allegedly my ISP is the one to blame because they would be overselling their bandwith, thus in the peak hours a lot of packes would be dropped. On my objection, why I'm then in the position to play like BF1 without any troubles, I got the response that Titanfall would need a lot more bandwith, because there is much more happening.

Sorry, but this sounds like a cheap excuse, there isn't so much more happening in an 12 player attrition server than in a 64 player BF1 server, which would need so much more bandwith.
  • AID48
    10 postsPosts: 14
    I live in Russia and ping after the patch remained from 110-130! Although the location is shown 81! The problem with ping and do not fix it!
  • rock1m1
    New patch and still awful, it even got to 400ms
  • CODzyyyy
    2 postsPosts: 2
    1. Where you live: India
    2. What data center you are trying to use that gives you this issue : Singapore/Japan and London

Ive this issue from 4 weeks, i thought it will get solved, but even after 2 updates, nothing has changed, when the game launched ping was 50ms for me now its always above 250
  • Dzikka
    1. Live in france
    2. data center belgium
    Ping was at 30 but now is around 50 and spike at 80 and sometimes at 140
  • AID48
    10 postsPosts: 14
    It seems to me that Respawn is still what we write!
  • AbC7410a9628711
    1 postsPosts: 2
    edited December 2016
    I am hardwired from router to PS4. I use St Louis or Iowa (1-4) on PS4. My ping to servers is 25-35ms. My resting ping in 99% of my games is 30-50ms. However, 50% of my games I get ping spikes upwards to 150-200ms range, every 5 seconds or so. I always leave these games within the first minute.

In other words, half my games are unplayable. Especially because I play grenadier class, and ANY delay on splash damage means I cannot kill pilots before they shoot me (with their instant hit check on projectiles). Either fix the lag or compensate splash damage somehow. Otherwise the games remain unplayable.
  • Waldpard
    10 postsPosts: 10
    edited December 2016
    1. Austria/Vienna/wired

2. data center Frankfurt 1 or 2: 29ms / ingame usually 50ms but in some matches 130ms!

How can that be? I am from Austria and my ping is sometimes better in the USA than in Europe?

• ProjectBangarang
    3766 postsPosts: 4,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the heck is going on. This is the 3rd time in two days. Over 1000 in the US. PS4. This is by far the worst I have had.

"Gentlemen, I'm afraid I have decided to cancel the war. Kill them. Kill them all." - JAS. Hook, Captain
  • alexrayado
    1. Where you live: Monterrey, México

2. What data center you are trying to use that gives you this issue: Dallas
  • rock1m1
    I forgot to mention I am in South Asia and connect to Data centers in Hong Kong and Singapore. On the main menu it reports 97ms but during actual gameplay it jumps wildly from 200 and even goes as much as 300+ms. Please please fix it :(