Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Report high ping here!

Comments

• Leafar_Nightfall
    737 postsPosts: 756 ✭✭✭
    Brazil
    All servers named Sao Paulo (i think there's SP, SP1 and SP2)
    It also never has players in any modes other than bounty hunt. I can't believe there's only a hundred people playing this game in the whole server
  • Hrafn-Fel
    3602 postsPosts: 3,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Hey folks this is something we're investigating and what would be helpful for us if you're experiencing this is to provide me with:

1. Where you live
    2. What data center you are trying to use that gives you this issue

This data will help the team identify how to fix. Sorry for the issue!

1. Georgia (USA)
    2. Virginia 1 and Virginia 2 (it constantly swaps between the two)
    If i start to have high ping i close game and start it back up and my top datacenter will change its random on Virginia 1 and 2
  • Bazajaytee
    5 postsPosts: 7
    edited November 2016
    Live in Northern California and get directed to Oregon servers on Xbox One.

Usually I get a connection of between 16 and 60ms. Today there were/are frequent spikes up to 300-400ms making it impossible to move at times.
  • AnimalFather
    582 postsPosts: 788 ✭✭✭
    Sweden

Amsterdam Server (xbox one)
  • rarfarfar
    713 postsPosts: 802 ✭✭✭✭
    Better play fair, and post this here too
    pSvU3OF.png
    Ping spike: https://gfycat.com/HalfLimpingAzurevasesponge
    No nerfs! You're Pilots. You adapt. You Improvise. You overcome!
  • cosmicturtle333
    3155 postsPosts: 3,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Third day in a row I can't play. Come on guys, you made a great game here. Don't let it suffer because of bad servers.
    Join the forum Discord server: https://discord.gg/SbneBat
  • cosmicturtle333
    Third day in a row I can't play. Come on guys, you made a great game here. Don't let it suffer because of bad servers.

Its 5am in New Zealand, 3am on the east coast of Australia. There are a grand total of 24 people playing on all three Sydney servers. Yet I get a connection like this.

My internet for my PS4 is 23 down, 10 up. There is no one else using the internet right now on any other device, When I started the game I had 28 ping.

CyCniuSUAAASUiz.jpg

And what on earth is going on here? Three servers all in the same city with such a huge variance in ping,

Please. I want this game to succeed. I want to be able to play what is probably my favourite game of the year. But if the servers don't improve back to how they were at launch I'll just stop playing right now and spend my time playing something else.
  • rarfarfar
    My internet for my PS4 is 23 down, 10 up. There is no one else using the internet right now on any other device, When I started the game I had 28 ping.
    I have no words. I saw a ping above the 2000 mark (that's 2 thousand!), in a private match from the looks of it. My ping woes look like first world problems.
    Considering how smoothly the tech test ran, the condescending remarks on reddit to Battlesense (about tick rates), and how these problems have grown over the past 1 week or so, I still think there's something Respawn isn't telling us. There's a Neogaf rumour, that the game sold less than 200K on launch. I doubt it's true, but what if initial sales didn't meet certain requirements, which means EA are less willing to pay up for premium service on servers? It's a business and they won't just throw money after a game if they see no option for a return on that investment
  • rarfarfar
    Well, both Frankfurt servers are have now brojken the 40ms ping barrier. Checked some other online games, Overwatch just runs
  • Leafar_Nightfall
    737 postsPosts: 756 ✭✭✭
    I'm happy when I get anything under 100ms, it usually sits at 40~60 and I live just 400km away from the server
  • rarfarfar
    I'm happy when I get anything under 100ms, it usually sits at 40~60 and I live just 400km away from the server
    Yeah, I know I really shouldn't complain, when I see what other pilots experience
  • hatestreets
    42 postsPosts: 47
    edited November 2016
    Live in Honolulu HI

Data Center Salt Lake City (76ms)

Average Connection is 115-150+ Constant

Time Warner Cable

Hosted by Hawaiian Telcom

354.53 Mbps Down
    18.56 Mbps Up

Platform XBOX 1

Did not do this at launch only past 3 weeks.
  • Mr_Suplex_303
    68 postsPosts: 73 ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I am also having ping issues (Nov 25th) on Xbox One. I have had the game since launch day and have never had lag issues, typically getting in game pings around 50ms on the Salt Lake or Oregon Data Centers. Today, I am averaging 75-85ms and often breaking over 100ms. Yet even today my ping to the server from the main menu shows 25-30ms like it always has, but once in game the numbers are much worse as I indicated above. Hit detection is a complete mess, and players are rubber banding all over the place. The game is unplayable right now.

I live in Southern California.
  • 1. Southwest Kansas

2. Salt Lake Data Center (Usually in the 30-40 ping area)

3. Internet Speed: 20Mbps Down; 20Mbps Up

youtube.com/watch?v=eaaLt6wzhD4&t=6s

The lag was not only me but my team and enemy teamas well. If ya'll need any more information don't hesitate to ask
  • cosmicturtle333

Make that four days in a row. Killcams entirely different to what I see on my end. Massive skips and lag spikes. My K/D has halved, I can't carry anymore and my team is losing because of this ridiculous lag.
  • I have had 40ms ping +- a few ms to all oregon data centers yet while playing the entire server on PC lags, everyone is complaining about it in every game i play. its constant across all 4 oregon data centers. My friend in BC also lags out while i live in reno NV. so highly doubting its a routing issue. can someone give some kind of an answer about the state of the data centers at this time?
  • rarfarfar
    edited November 2016
    Had this one happen today :(

Could this be due to players leaving the match? I noticed shortly after this happened, that a team mate had dropped out
  • DrBlubbinger
    13 postsPosts: 15
    edited November 2016
    1. Germany
    2. all of them

Getting lag spikes of up to 10 seconds. With the accompanying rubberbanding etc.
    The game between the lag spikes has been higher ping now, too, for the last week or so.
    "connection to server timed out" has also occasionally happened (never happened before) for the last week or so.
  • Hesgad
    19 postsPosts: 21
    1 Germany

2 all german datacenters and all around germany
    Internet: 50mbps
  • rarfarfar
    edited November 2016
    It's getting worse for me. A lot :(

How much more data do you need to collect Respawn? It's been weeks now, across all datacenters and all platforms. If I were you, I'd look at the lag comp code. Seems to me this mostly happens when someone on a high latency connection joins a game, and the lag comp tries to put them on equal footing with the rest of us, resulting in these ridiculous spikes and red bar demi-gods.
    Case in point: https://gfycat.com/DefensiveSmoothDiscus
    I've now tried London, Frankfurt, Belgium and Amsterdam to no avail. RTF2 is slowly getting unplayable for me :'(
  • 1.Where you live: North Somerset
    2.Data centre: Near Bristol

Usually getting 60-80 ping but occasionally getting 200-300 ping.
  • DrBlubbinger
    13 postsPosts: 15
    rarfarfar wrote: »
    How much more data do you need to collect Respawn? It's been weeks now, across all datacenters and all platforms.

This so much! Respawn's communication is still "well maybe there is something wrong with your X or one particular datacenter" instead of "our code definitely has a bug".
  • getmused
    1640 postsPosts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭
    I e put a lot of hours into this, A LOT. I'm getting really tired of the stuttering it's getting worse. I have no idea what data center to use because sometimes the lowest center makes me lag the most, so I choose the next best and it will clean it up occasionally.

I live in Kentucky.

I use different data centers because each day is a different experience. So I switch. I use 3-4 different data centers.

This is a great game (with minor flaws) but I'm really getting turned off. If this continues I will find a new game. I truly truly do not want to do this

I know you're working hard thank you
  • cosmicturtle333

Make that four days in a row. Killcams entirely different to what I see on my end. Massive skips and lag spikes. My K/D has halved, I can't carry anymore and my team is losing because of this ridiculous lag.

Make that a week of not being able to play without ping spikes past 1000.
  • rarfarfar
    ****, you got it bad @cosmicturtle333 I can at least get some games going
  • cosmicturtle333
    rarfarfar wrote: »
    ****, you got it bad @cosmicturtle333 I can at least get some games going

Tell me about it man. The only days I haven't played have been when I have lent the game to a friend for a day or two. Now I simply can't play multiplayer at all. I really don't know what the problem is. My Internet hasn't changed, the amount of devices connected hasn't changed. My PS4 still runs every other game fine. So it has to be on Respawn's end.
  • Mr_Suplex_303
    68 postsPosts: 73 ✭✭
    @Jayfresh_Respawn

Any update here?
  • AID48
    10 postsPosts: 14
    edited November 2016
    1) I live in Russia
    2) The data center automatically connects me to: Frankfurt1 (Ping 77-78, and 110-130 in the game), or to Belgium-GSE1 (Ping 110-130), as you can see dear developers no difference! Play is not possible!
  • Multiplayer has been unplayable for me for nearly a week.

1) I live in southern VA.

2) I use Virginia 1, Virginia 2, New York and South Carolina 1- GCE datacenters.
  • Silverback_LXXXV
    24 postsPosts: 24
    edited November 2016
    1) Still southern Germany
    2) Frankfurt 1 and Frankfurt 2, lobby reports 19 ms, ingame spikes to 150, rubberbanding is unbearable :angry:

<compulsory eulogy here>

/Edit
    @Respawn - Can we at least expect something done about this with the patch on wednesday? Or is it vain hope?