Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Report high ping here!

Comments

• PathVector
    12 postsPosts: 14
    the same still live fire.
    30ms main menu , 400+ms in-game
  • ROGUE_PlLOT
    8 postsPosts: 9
    edited March 2017
    If you're still experiencing the same problem, you can probably try what I did to fix the connection issue:

1. Run devices manager in the control panel, find your network adapter device, right click on it, and update it.
    2. Disable port forwarding for a while (if you use it), and see if it makes any differences.
    3. In game, try to search only for attrition match. Yes, I understand that some of you want to play different game modes, but as you may already know: most asian players don't play any other game modes beside attrition. So, by searching only for attrition, there will be a better chance that you might get a decent ping.

Note: It may not fix your problem entirely
  • gr4v3m4n
    10 postsPosts: 10
    still nothing fix...man i surely hope you guys fix this **** problem with the colony update...i left BO3 for this kind of reason, its easy for me to leave cod its full of jerks and **** players but this game is so much fun also the players are fun to play with, cant just leave it behind. i know its just one man oppinion compare to tens of thousand other players but at least can you have some decency to listen and do something about it..
  • PathVector
    @ROGUE_PlLOT Thank you for your response. But I'm both a programmer and a network engineer, and I already passed that very basic troubleshooting. I even have a colo server in Singapore for the comparison.

• Ping is pretty much the same it has been since late Jan early Feb, that is to say, bad. Singapore server went down from 60ms to 200ms and more and never recovered. Really enjoy the game and the multiplayer dynamics but I've pretty much given up hope of it improving right now. This doesn't seem like a bug or a blip but a persistent latency issue from the server side. And as it stands it's more frustrating to play and do worse than I otherwise would, than to not play at all.
  • Akimoto_Yuki
    2 postsPosts: 2
    Hi
    I came here to report that, i think Asian Server on PS4 is back to normal. I tried playing twice (Attrition and Bounty Hunt) and it's playable like it was before the Live Fire update. I played on Singapore 2 (around 23 ms) and i got around 200 ping in the game and yeah it's playable, not having a wax stuck on my pilot feels good
  • Robobit1
    16 postsPosts: 18
    edited March 2017
    umm..no..before live fire update, it used to be around 140ms ping max. After the update until and still now, it is 250-350.

I have tried to connect to japanese server directly. It is said the server is around 90-110 ms ping, I got matched with japanese players but my ping is 250ms!...so what is wrong??

From my observation this is how tf matchmaking works. Player choose nearest server, ie. singapore with 20ms ping. When the player look for match, the game will find players inside that nearest server. If in a time frame (30 seconds or a minute), the game could not find enough players in that server, you will be matched to another server such as Japanese server with 100-140ms ping max.
    Now here's the problem after the live fire update, now the game look for other server further from the japanese servers, thus I always got 250-350 ms ping.

This lack of support from respawn developer about this issue has made me and probably other hundreds of players from Asia, considering not to support respawn again (buying the prime titans, etc). Heck, they even do not notice about the amount of players dropped each day. THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT!! Before the update, it was around 8000-12000 players each night. A week after the update, it dropped to 3500-6000 players max.
  • gr4v3m4n
    anyone..ping fix after colony update? mine stayed around 150 just couple days before update still sometimes spikes to 600 just the first few rounds after that its consistent. just tested after update release seems to be normal again but i dont know if its a glitch cause some of my friends still having issues...i have read the patch notes and it only says improvements for various stabillity issues..
  • rock1m1
    63 postsPosts: 78
    Another update with no improvements to latency. I give up...
  • AshySamurai
    2560 postsPosts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rarfarfar wrote: »
    rock1m1 wrote: »
    Another update with no improvements to latency. I give up...
    Well both @RSPNslothy and @Jayfresh_Respawn has called this a non-issue. No wonder the online population has dropped well below 10K online (worldwide PS4). Meanwhile I tried BO3 yesterday. They still draw in above the 200K mark, and if you throttle your connection down, you're not punished by lc.
    none of them can compete with Overwatch in terms of online though. Dedicated servers @60Hz and not a lag spike or framedrop in sight <3

I know it not belongs here but I still have random FPS drops. It appear randomly and randomly disappear. Try to play this game with 15 fps. And I know a lot of people who also have it. Sometimes it is enough for me to respawn once or twice and all fine (read give 10 points to enemy team). I just hope at least someone at Respawn looking at these issues and tries to fix it.
    Respawn's own fanboy. Veteran of Regen shields war. Advanced flag button witness. Survivvor of Korean rebelion.
  • Sonariooo
    7 postsPosts: 7
    C'mon, respawn, you need to fix this problem somehow. The game is practically unplayable from time to time because of the high ping
  • Robobit1
    edited April 2017
    Ok, tonight matches were slightly better. I finally got 115 ms ping matches but most games were still on 235-250 ping. 4 out of 10 matches were on 115 ping. 1 out of those 10 was on 60 ping.
    Again, before the life fire update, 150 ms ping was the maximum I ever got.
    I just wish respawn can make a feature like battlefield where they show how many players are in a particular server and when we choose a server, the matchmaking will stick to that server only.
  • Magikf1ngers
    4693 postsPosts: 4,748 mod
    So - I'm going to post in here again, since this is a serious issue, and I had put my two cents in and left since I thought it was just going to be for data gathering.

First:

Data Center: Oregon 1 & 2
    Ping to those data centers is 20-25ms on average. In-game ping ranges from 65 to 300 with no clear average, as it's wildly changing. As fast as it refreshes it'll be along the lines of 65, 300,85,95,120,.. you get the idea.

I did an experiment which I documented here - https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/11558/latency-experiment#latest

Without completely rehashing it, I tried connecting to some of the other servers with higher pings - I found the sweet spot was connecting to the NYC data center with it's ping of 85, and the in-game ping stays pretty much between 85-95, and the gameplay experience is much smoother.

@Jayfresh_Respawn - don't take this the wrong way, but are you guys just going to stay silent on this, or has anything moved forward with it - or what's happening? I'm trying to stay positive and not be snarky and negative, but this is exceedingly frustrating. It's not my ISP. It's not my in-home network. I have zero issues playing any other games in my arsenal. This is unique to Titanfall 2, and it really needs to be addressed.
    Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • PathVector
    Still the same since Live Fire update.
    This is very frustrating.

Sorry if i'm wrong, but I think this issue is more important than DLC, maps, etc, and I assuming they are aiming for profit..if they want to use their brains a little (sorry for the harsh words, but I'm running out of patience):
    MORE PLAYERS = MORE CHANCE OF DLC BUYERS!! AND PLAYER COUNT DROPPING EACH DAY BECAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM!! SIMPLE LOGIC!!
  • Robobit1
    edited April 2017
    @ SEA players
    I just done some testing to the japanese servers. Apparently there are 2 types of jp servers, one with good ping (100-ish ms) and the dreaded >220 ms ping servers. Last night, the chances of getting the good jp server were about 2 out of 10 tries. It looked like the good server has limited players capability. Once it is full, you will be directed to the bad ones.
    How to confirm and test that you are in a server you have chosen? First, pick one of the server. Look for a match. If you can get in the match within 20 seconds, then you are in the server you have chosen. If it is longer than that, it means that there are not enough available players in the server and you will be directed to other servers automatically.

Before, I thought that it was my ISP that has changed the routing to japanese servers but apprently it is not, since players from singapore and malaysia also experienced the same things as I am. And to confirm this, it is only happened to TF2!..I tried Battlefield 1 with japanese servers and they are fine (100 ish ping).

Later I will test using VPN through my router and see whether it is better or stll the same. Proxy setting on the ps4 network setting does not work in the game.
  • Kriminaliti
    25 postsPosts: 31
    So - I'm going to post in here again, since this is a serious issue, and I had put my two cents in and left since I thought it was just going to be for data gathering.

First:

Data Center: Oregon 1 & 2
    Ping to those data centers is 20-25ms on average. In-game ping ranges from 65 to 300 with no clear average, as it's wildly changing. As fast as it refreshes it'll be along the lines of 65, 300,85,95,120,.. you get the idea.

I did an experiment which I documented here - https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/11558/latency-experiment#latest

Without completely rehashing it, I tried connecting to some of the other servers with higher pings - I found the sweet spot was connecting to the NYC data center with it's ping of 85, and the in-game ping stays pretty much between 85-95, and the gameplay experience is much smoother.

@Jayfresh_Respawn - don't take this the wrong way, but are you guys just going to stay silent on this, or has anything moved forward with it - or what's happening? I'm trying to stay positive and not be snarky and negative, but this is exceedingly frustrating. It's not my ISP. It's not my in-home network. I have zero issues playing any other games in my arsenal. This is unique to Titanfall 2, and it really needs to be addressed.

Yes, I thought so, it's not just a ping, it's in the servers, sometimes the pilot runs poorly and jumps with ping 115, probyval on New York-ping 250, the pilot flies and moves as it should, strange all this: -B
    zMA6dN.jpg

• Robobit1
    Oh my god! Finally the jp servers for SEA region is finally fixed! I did not believe it first, but i have tried at least 5x looking for matches.. And they stayes at 115ms ping.

PLEASEEE OH PLEASEE Respawn, Do Not change the matchmaking or netcode or whatever you did at the live fire update, AGAIN!
  • jon211194
    18 postsPosts: 26
    edited April 2017
    Hey folks this is something we're investigating and what would be helpful for us if you're experiencing this is to provide me with:

1. Where you live
    2. What data center you are trying to use that gives you this issue

This data will help the team identify how to fix. Sorry for the issue!

Hey,

I have recently been experiencing high ping issues with the Colony Reborn update. I am using the London server which sits around 17ms-22ms but when I'm playing a match, I have been getting 200ms-2000ms lag spikes which can last for a few seconds each time.

My in game ping is normally 30ms-50ms give or take. Hopefully you guys will sort this out soon but until then I am going to be retiring from Titanfall 2 for a while.

P.S this is the only game that I have had lag issues with recently. I haven't been experiencing any high ping in Battlefield or Call of Duty.
  • gr4v3m4n
    well the ping went back to thrash...seriously just after the free trail ended..**** respwan!!! i was starting to enjoy the gameplay again...
  • rarfarfar
    713 postsPosts: 802 ✭✭✭✭
    gr4v3m4n wrote: »
    well the ping went back to thrash...seriously just after the free trail ended..**** respwan!!! i was starting to enjoy the gameplay again...
    Hmm, interesting. I didn't play during the free trial (I've pretty much given up on RTF2 at this point), but this indicicates at least 2 possible scenarios:
    1. Respawn forked over the extra green for the premium service this weekend. This will help drive in new players, whic think online is always smooth.
    2. RTF2 is playbase dependant, ie. the game's netcode doesn't handle low playercounts very well.
    Looking back on when the problems started, and the reactions from Respawn, the last one seems most likely. This also means as the problem worsens more and more players will drop RTF2. We're 5 months after release, and PS4 can muster around 5K worldwide on a week night. That's only marginball better than 3 year old Killzone Shadow Fall. I'll have to check the numbers on the weekend
    No nerfs! You're Pilots. You adapt. You Improvise. You overcome!
  • Sonariooo
    Respawn, please inform us somehow - should we wait for the problem to be fixed, what time approximately it will take and so. Right now we feel a bit disconnected from you.
  • rock1m1
    63 postsPosts: 78
    Was hoping the Frontier update mentioned this, but no official communication on this. face it guys, it has been over 5 months and still no fix. Most likely it won't/can't be fixed.
  • getmused
    1640 postsPosts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭
    I really really hate to say it but this is **** and I doubt anything will come of it. He77 we were told in NOVEMBER, seriously the beginning of November that they knew a problem existed and we're going to run test. The real kick to the balls, no has said anything since November. It's not happening and it really sux cause I can't play anymore. I haven't been able to play for 3 -4 weeks
  • Artarie187
    I to am getting a 30 outside the match and 50-500 most of the time. It ran great until around 1-2 months I hope this gets fixed as it is unbearable.
  • rarfarfar
    This data will help the team identify how to fix. Sorry for the issue!
    This was 5 months ago!! How much data do you need @Jayfresh_Respawn???
    https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/comment/31325/#Comment_31325

• Mangust_FTL
    3 postsPosts: 4
    More then 2 month left and still no fix.
    i think Respawn dont give a f*** about this issue.
    "The game does not have to be fixed, if it somehow works"
  • Calumbo2011
    1 postsPosts: 1
    Hi guys

I reported my lag issues to EA and they called me back instantly in regards to lag on Xbox One. They gave me these steps to follow and it seems to have cleared it up for me.

DO NOT FOLLOW THE CLOUD STORAGE STEP

CLEAR ALTERNATE MAC ADDRESS

1. Go to Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternative Mac Address > Clear
    2. After this shut down the console, disconnect the power cord from the back of the Xbox One and wait two minutes.
    3. Once the two minutes have passed, plug the power back in and wait for the power bricks light to go from White to Orange.
    4. Once the brick is Orange, start your console.

DELETE CLOUD SAVES

1. On Home, pull the right trigger, and then press A to open My games and apps.
    2. Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game.
    3. Scroll to the right, highlight the saved data for your gamertag under Saved Data, and then press A on your controller.
    4. Choose Delete everywhere.
    5. Restart Console

CLEAR PERSISTENT STORAGE AND POWERCYCLE XBOX ONE

If console is wired connected, remove Ethernet cable. If console is wireless, Go to Settings > Network > Select their Network > Disconnect.

Once it is back on, press Menu button > Settings > Blu Ray & Disc > Persistent Storage > Clear Persistent Storage three times.

Follow these steps to power cycle your Xbox One Console:
    1. While the console is on, press and hold the console's Xbox button for 5 seconds.
    2. The console will power down.
    3. Wait 30 seconds, and then turn your console back on by again pressing the Xbox button.

CHANGE PRIVACY SETTINGS

1. From the Home Screen, using the controller scroll left to the navigation pane.
    2. Scroll down to Settings Icon.
    3. In the Setting menu scroll down to Account.
    4. Under Account, select Family.
    5. Enter the password or passkey.
    6. Select the account that you want to update.
    7. Select the category of settings you want to update, such as Privacy & online safety.
    8. Select the Adult defaults.
    9. Toggle back to Child defaults and then finally back to Adult defaults once more.
    10. Powercyle the console to complete the troubleshooting.

REMOVING GAMERTAG

1. From the Home Screen, using the controller scroll left to the navigation pane.
    2. Scroll down to Settings Icon.
    3. In the Setting menu scroll down to Account.
    4. Select Remove accounts.
    5. Select the account that you want to remove.
    6. Select Remove to confirm.
    7. When you're finished, select Close.

RE-ADDING GAMERTAG

2. Select Sign in.
    3. Scroll down to Add & Manage.
    4. Select Add new.
    5. Type the email address or phone number you use to sign in to your Microsoft account.
    6. Enter your password. If you've forgotten it, select I forgot my password, and then follow the instructions to recover your account.
    7. Review the privacy statement summary, and then select Next.
    8. Select your Sign-in and security preferences.
    9. Check out how you look on Xbox, and then select Next.
    10. Choose your colour, and then select Next.
    Note: The preference that you're currently using at home appears with a checked box.
    11. Press the Xbox button on your controller to return to the Home screen.
  • rarfarfar
    They basicallytold you to "do a restart" slushing any caches during the proces. This will not fix the problem. Give it a few days, if that, and you'll be back to square one :)
  • rarfarfar
    Dear @Jayfresh_Respawn
    Isn't it strange, that despite what software engineer Jon Shiring says, the lag and lag spike problem have done nothing but escalate since november?
    More examples:
    https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/9629/its-not-going-away/p1
    https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/11787/ping-jumping-to-over-4000-in-nitro-matches
    https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/11558/latency-experiment/p1
    https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/search?q=lag&sort=new&restrict_sr=on
    So how can you keep ignoring it? You asked for data in this very thread 5 months ago, and 2 weeks ago, you decided to not pursue the problem anymore? (also in this thread). Do you think that is fair to paying customers?
  • I'm in NYC, 5 ms ping to server.

In-game, I am getting anywhere between 30-60ms, spiking up to 100ms. Average ping is now around 60ms.

Guys, this is unplayable. I am using a fiber optic connection, and it's clearly not a server distance issue. This is on your end. The game is not fun to play anymore; it's just frustrating.

Please fix whatever is wrong with the servers.