Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Report high ping here!

Comments

• jarrywagner
    1 postsPosts: 1
    Will Respawn address this issue PLS!? My ping to the Frankfurt Servers is usually 40-60 and in game it spikes up to 2500ms (yes, that's 4 digits). The game is currently unplayable for me and many others in its current state and yet it seems the developers are completely ignoring this thread.
  • DM_ForLife
    Midwest USA,
    Usually on Iowa or St Louis servers and ping at beginning of match is about 30-50 and within the first 10 seconds of the match my ping spikes up into the 3200+ range then i get dropped from the server
    I have made sure that my graphic settings are no where near the limits of my machine but it still happens I literally cant play anymore because of these ping spikes, i love this game and want to play please

• Akimoto_Yuki
    2 postsPosts: 2
    edited March 2017
    Platform: PS4
    1. I live in Indonesia with an internet speed of 10 mbps which is decent enough to play
    2. Singapore 1-3 Data Center (30 ms+-) but in the game, the ping shows mostly around 250+

i had this problem literally since the beginning of Live Fire, it's kinda playable (well tbf the register hit is late so i died WHILE IN Phase Shift, or when i'm already out of enemy sight i still got killed but still playable) and sometime's not, like really laggy and everyone's teleporting.
    After not playing couple of days, i started playing again, i just finished playing and it is literally unplayable, 7 out of 10 matches i got kicked from the match instantly while the other 3 i got to play for a few second WITH 150 ping but oddly enough it's even worse than playing with 250 ping and ofc everyone is teleporting, including me sometimes stuck and cannot move. But, my friends who have the same problem as mine, after not playing since the Live Fire update till today, they have no problems at all, well some of them. I tried using my mobile connection and i got 250 ping and it is playable which is weird enough because it isn't as fast as my router connection.
    I'm guessing it's my ISP connection to the server but that's ****, how come the other got better connection while mine is not getting better at all. And i can assure you that the problem isn't on my end. Well that's long enough, sorry.
    Oh and one more thing, after the Live Fire update, i got matched by some players that i haven't met (i know it because i remembered some of the players that i met and their Clan Tag) and most of them is in Japanese. Maybe the game decided to match the whole asia server to Japan? It's just a guess.
    *sorry you had to read this long*
  • DEXTERJMB
    1.Russia
    2. Belgium

it start like few days ago. I got 100 ping stable (not so good for that game that is fast as ****), now i got like 250- 300 ping.
    I see that you are not responding but I hope you will fix it. Cause I LOVE this game so much
  • MagnusTempus
    4 postsPosts: 4
    The only game that I have ping issues with, just bought it and love it. Can't refund it now so hopefully it gets fixed, I freeze every game and get disconnected from the server aswell. I have a high end computer and highspeed internet so it has nothing to do on my end, I am going to try redownloading it but I doubt that will work.
  • rarfarfar
    713 postsPosts: 802 ✭✭✭✭
    @Jayfresh_Respawn I don't think it's fair you've chosen to completely ignore this thread. There may be a ferw angry people here, but a lot of solid info, and sober reports on the lag spikes issue. Why wonøt you update us? How much more data do you need to collect?
    No nerfs! You're Pilots. You adapt. You Improvise. You overcome!
  • MagnusTempus
    People in the games I played with weren't having issues, but atleast I know I'm not alone. I've done everything including deleting the xboxapp of windows, turning off my firewalls etc. I can play battlefield 1 with absolutely no ping issues. Really like this game guys, would like a response or something on the matter.
  • Jayfresh_Respawn
    539 postsPosts: 662 Community Manager
    I spent some time talking with our lead engineer more about it this week and looking at individual reports what is happening is packet loss. He's gone into some good detail in the past and explained it better than I could - https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5jpssz/wtf_is_going_on_with_these_servers/dbjeqxp/?context=3

Investigations are ongoing and it's frustrating for us as well. If data is allowed to be shared I'll certainly make a case for it to be shown.

In the future updates will come as official posts. As this stuff pops up I can't play whack a mole relaying the same info for each thread that pops up. I want everyone to be heard but I think centralizing the info in the future for updates vs me hopping into threads will be a better way to go and have more visibility.
    Jay Frechette | Community Manager | Respawn
  • zuwarrior80
    229 postsPosts: 244 ✭✭✭
    @Jayfresh_Respawn
    why such a discrepancy between tech test and released version?

I played COD4, MW2, TT1 and 2xTT when first came out; they all felt great. Meaning, player movement was smooth. Hit detection was consistent. Lag always present but manageable.
    Netcode analysis showed TF2 release is similar to BO3 and IW; i certainly feel that jiggyness when i switch between TF2 & BO3 & IW. Went back to COD4 & MW2 (360) and they still felt great. I hope to god, y'all don't go down the path of Activasion and have that "invisible" hand stuff.
    I play xb1, 99% PvP and TF2 actual released is such a big disappointment. I keep coming back here to see if there are new patches. I keep downloading those patches and i keep on been disappointed. It's really heart breaking to keep hoping something get done and it's the same inconsistency stuff u get the first week.

Anyway, i hope y'all fix this soon.

• MagnusTempus
    edited March 2017
    I spent some time talking with our lead engineer more about it this week and looking at individual reports what is happening is packet loss. He's gone into some good detail in the past and explained it better than I could - https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5jpssz/wtf_is_going_on_with_these_servers/dbjeqxp/?context=3

Investigations are ongoing and it's frustrating for us as well. If data is allowed to be shared I'll certainly make a case for it to be shown.

In the future updates will come as official posts. As this stuff pops up I can't play whack a mole relaying the same info for each thread that pops up. I want everyone to be heard but I think centralizing the info in the future for updates vs me hopping into threads will be a better way to go and have more visibility.

I read through that and did the "bufferbloat" test, got an A+ on quality but a D for bufferbloat... Why "bufferbloat" would only effect titanfall 2 and not other games is rather strange. In battlefield 1 at max settings 1440p, I am always at a constant 30 ping and never experience any hickups or lag and that game has 64 players playing simultaneously. I am aware that graphics do not and should not effect ping, I am just stating that this is not a graphics setting problem.
  • rarfarfar
    This connection has the issue (note the bufferbloat). My ping is always below 30 for the datacenter, and usually between 49-65 in-game
    11770336.png
    So according to that 2 month old post the problem is not serverside, which makes your next comment a bit strange
    What are you investigating if Slothy already decided this is an end-user problem?
    That said, I do think it's a serverside problem. My theory is that the netcode can't handle a single high latency connection in a game, or a single player timing out and/or experiencing massive packet drops. Example: A player on a low latency FIO connection in Germany will be affected by the game's netcode (likely poor lag compensation), when faced with a middle eastern player on a 10Mbit DSL connection. UDP can handle quite big packet drops.
    The fact (and I must stress the fact part) that so many players experience this problem across all data centers, but only in RTF2, tells me this is a problem on your end, be it servers or net code. I assume you reused a lot of the netcode from TF1, which didnøt have these lag spikes. TF1 ran on a pure Azure setup, correct? Unless you drastically changed the netcode from 3 years ago (and I doubt you did, as that would be expensive), this points to Multiplay.
    Whatever it is, these spikes completely killed my desire to play RTF2 :( ... and I've long since moved on to Overwatch (where I have zero problems)
    Fair enough, I just got the impression this was the "official"/catch'em all lag spikes thread, as per this post: https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/comment/31325/#Comment_31325

• Called my internet provider, they tweaked my internet a bit and I also updated my motherboard bios. Now everything's completely normal lol, I could definitely see how this would be hard to pin point and fix. AWESOME GAME THOUGH LOVE IT DEATH!
  • ROGUE_PlLOT
    8 postsPosts: 9
    @Jayfresh_Respawn Thanks Jay, for answering our call... LOL I thought you'd never show up
  • Sonariooo
    7 postsPosts: 7
    I live in Russia (Arkhangelsk, which is in the North). Usually I play on Belgium and Frankfurt servers and ping is 80-100, but this is totally ok, it doesn't affect gameplay so much, but for the last 3 days there were a lot of server issues - in each 1 of 2 matches i have 300+ ping, sometimes even if the ping is ok, there are still some lags and freezes, which are experienced by all players.
  • gr4v3m4n
    10 postsPosts: 10
    i hope this problem would be fix on the colony update..#fingercrossed
  • Robobit1
    16 postsPosts: 18
    @Jayfresh_Respawn
    You have answered about the ping spikes, how about the issue of unusually high ping in-game after patch?
  • Mangust_FTL
    3 postsPosts: 4
    Try write here.
    After patch - 45-50ms in menu, 250-300 ms in game. Whats wrong with servers? Any info about that? Game still unplayable!
  • KevinTheMick
    5 postsPosts: 5
    Playing in Hartford CT on NYC Datacenter. In lobby ping reads 30-40. In game it jumps to 60 minimum, and hops between 60-200. Game is unplayable. It's like I'm walking in wet cement. So frustrating. My Internet service is great. No issues on any other games. Problem has progressively getting worse over the last 2-3 weeks. Please fix this issue or at the very least respond with an update!!! P.S. I have tried switching to multiple different data centers and have the same result.
  • rock1m1
    63 postsPosts: 78
    At the very least Jay, please keep us updated on this. I love Titanfall 2, but I stopped playing it as it is simply unfair when my datacenter connection is 97ms, and I get pings from 250ms to almost 400ms.
  • ROGUE_PlLOT
    8 postsPosts: 9
    edited March 2017
    @Jayfresh_Respawn
    I am not here to report the same problem over and over again, but I think it's worth mentioning that the connection is actually getting better (at least from what I am currently experiencing). I live in Indonesia, and I am playing on Hongkong datacenter. I get arround 100-150 ms ping which is quite playable, thankfully (compared to last week which was arround 200-2000 ms). However, I'd say that the problem is not 100% fixed yet. I still get stutter quite often whenever an enemy standing in front of me and honestly that's quite annoying because I die 8 out of 10 times whenever that happens.
  • rarfarfar
    rock1m1 wrote: »
    At the very least Jay, please keep us updated on this. I love Titanfall 2, but I stopped playing it as it is simply unfair when my datacenter connection is 97ms, and I get pings from 250ms to almost 400ms.
    The sad part is that this is fixed rather easily, but for some reason Respawn refuses to do anything about it. They're "logging" .
    1. implement a ping limiter, ie. boot players with a ping above a certain threashold, say 250ms
    2. Bump the server refresh rate to 60Hz for betta data packet delivery. Even a bump from the existing to 20Hz to 30Hz would create a noticable difference for the better
    I recommend you play RTF2 and Overwatch for an hour back to back, and even if you're a below average player you'll notivce the difference right away.
  • rock1m1
    63 postsPosts: 78
    rarfarfar wrote: »
    rock1m1 wrote: »
    The sad part is that this is fixed rather easily, but for some reason Respawn refuses to do anything about it. They're "logging" .
    1. implement a ping limiter, ie. boot players with a ping above a certain threashold, say 250ms
    2. Bump the server refresh rate to 60Hz for betta data packet delivery. Even a bump from the existing to 20Hz to 30Hz would create a noticable difference for the better
    I recommend you play RTF2 and Overwatch for an hour back to back, and even if you're a below average player you'll notivce the difference right away.

I mostly play Overwatch. The connection is rock solid 100ms for me, which is about what I expect when connecting from where I am to Singapore or something.
  • 4000+ why? Why me? :'( :'( :'(
    I did everything, some registry hacks, red everything on forums, wached all on youtube... I dont know what to do. I need an answer, is it my computer, the internet or the game? Normally it has 40, max 60 ping, I use cable, not wireless... I play this game allmost every day, it was normal and in the last 3 day during the game sometimes I have over 4000 ping, than I´m lagging as **** and in that point I´m kicked out. Today allmost every single game that I started in the middle of it I have this problem and I can´t finish one game. I like this game a lot, and I don´t know where to start to fix this.

i5 4590 3,3GHz, turbo 3,7GHz
    ASUS Turbo GTX 960, 4GB
    HyperX Beast 16GB ram
    Windows 10
  • KevinTheMick
    5 postsPosts: 5
    Still unplayable. It's such a shame. My favorite game and I can't play it. I'll try again in a week..... hopefully they fix this **** soon.
  • gr4v3m4n
    10 postsPosts: 10
    for some reason i got the worst of it. consistent 300-400 ping in all the asian servers sometimes it glitch to 60 ping, im using a 16mbs cable network and i got friends that using a 4g mobile network that have better ping, also others that using same isp and a 1mbs fiber optic network that got better ping when i say better ping it means around 100-200 pings, im confused why the large gap? even with the same isp user..i also start having problem in european servers. before i can get around 270 nowdays im getting around 350. only the US servers that still normal for me which is around 250. i hope they fix it when the colony update released..fingercrossed..
  • Robobit1
    16 postsPosts: 18
    I'm guessing the lack of support is becoz half of the respawn team is doing a new starwars game and the other half is busy with making new dlc for tf2.
  • 1. Indonesia
    2. Singapore 1, 2, 3

i got 20ms on lobby but 400++ while playing
  • PathVector
    12 postsPosts: 14
    After live fire update..still the same..30ms from main menu..400 ms from in-game..horrible..
    Good job TF2 Team! Very proud for your support quality!
  • Leon_The_Hun
    3 postsPosts: 3
    I dont know if somebody did something but for me today is better.