Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

[PC] Key bindings gone, "Restore Defaults" leaves some unbound

Started up the game yesterday and all keybindings were gone (no keys bound).

No idea about the repro, has only happened once.

Bigger issue is that if I choose "Restore Defaults" from the key bindings screen not all keys are rebound since not all key bindings are available in the UI.

For example, when waiting in the drop ship to start a match, the bottom of the screen shows: "[UNBOUND] Change Loadout"; there's no way in the UI to bind a key for "Change Loadout", so there's no way to fix this. Another example is that the "1" and "2" keys no longer select primary and secondary weapons.

Intel i7 i4770k
NVidia 1070
16GB ram
Windows 10 Anniversary Update x64

Comments

• icehnds
    2 postsPosts: 2
    I have the exact same issue - started yesterday. Game treated me like a new pilot.
    Resetting defaults and repairing game did not resolve either.
    Even removed non-functioning Logitech Gaming Software's profile for key bindings.

i7 2600K
    GTX 970 SSC driver 375.70
    16 GB RAM
    Win 10 v1607
  • Same. I've been looking into this exact issue for a while now and no result.
  • ZereaI
    Did you find a solution to your problem? im having the same problem right now and i cant find any way to fix it online.
  • DanyarX
    1 postsPosts: 1
    Same problem here. Happened after a crash though, so I expect that something was not properly saved. Anyway, it is super annoying to not be able to change the loadout or switch weapons with keys 1 or 2. It seems even the console can not be activated. Hopefully support will read this and provide some workaround
  • Drop_boi
    Same problem, accidentally un-bound 1 & 2 keys from primary/secondary weapon select and can't re-bind them.

I have tried resetting bindings to default as well as repairing the game. Found someone on reddit posting console commands to re-bind these but there seems to be no way to open the console -_-

Respawn pls fix
  • Ammot4stik
    80 postsPosts: 82
    Default weapon switch for PC is "mouse wheel up".
    I shoot stuff, I blow **** up...but mostly I get killed trying.
  • pfeerick
    edited January 2017
    I had the same problem... I ended up disabling cloud saves in origin and deleting the Titanfall 2 folder from my Documents\Respawn folder, but on second thoughts, I could probably have deleted just the settings.cfg file from Documents\Respawn\Titanfall 2\local, as that file contains the key bindings. I don't know why it broke/unbound on me... I had played the campaign without issues, and had played the multiplayer for a few weeks, and all of a sudden when starting the game up all the keys were unbound, and I couldn't reset all of them.

If anyone else has this problem, try editing the Documents\Respawn\Titanfall 2\local\settings.cfg file, and if you just want the default bindings back, replace the top 52 lines that start with 'bind' with the following.
    bind "1" "weaponSelectPrimary0"
    bind "2" "weaponSelectPrimary1"
    bind "a" "+moveleft"
    bind "c" "+ability 6"
    bind "d" "+moveright"
    bind "e" "+use"
    bind "f" "+melee"
    bind "g" "+offhand2"
    bind "q" "+offhand0"
    bind "r" "+reload"
    bind "s" "+back"
    bind "t" "say"
    bind "v" "+ability 1"
    bind "w" "+forward"
    bind "x" "+scriptCommand1"
    bind "y" "say_team"
    bind "z" "+pushtotalk"
    bind "`" "toggleconsole"
    bind "SPACE" "+ability 3"
    bind "TAB" "+showscores"
    bind "ESCAPE" "ingamemenu_activate"
    bind "DEL" "scoreboard_mute"
    bind "HOME" "scoreboard_toggle_focus"
    bind "END" "scoreboard_profile"
    bind "PGUP" "scoreboard_up"
    bind "PGDN" "scoreboard_down"
    bind "PAUSE" "pause"
    bind "LSHIFT" "+speed"
    bind "LCTRL" "+toggle_duck"
    bind "F1" "titan_loadout_select"
    bind "F10" "jpeg"
    bind "MOUSE1" "+attack"
    bind "MOUSE2" "+toggle_zoom"
    bind "MOUSE3" "+offhand1"
    bind "MWHEELUP" "+weaponCycle"
    bind "MWHEELDOWN" "+weaponCycle"
    bind "A_BUTTON" "+ability 3"
    bind "B_BUTTON" "+toggle_duck"
    bind "X_BUTTON" "+useandreload"
    bind "Y_BUTTON" "+ability 7"
    bind "L_SHOULDER" "+offhand1"
    bind "R_SHOULDER" "+offhand0"
    bind "BACK" "+showscores"
    bind "START" "ingamemenu_activate"
    bind "STICK1" "+speed"
    bind "STICK2" "+melee"
    bind "UP" "+scriptcommand1"
    bind "RIGHT" "scoreboard_focus"
    bind "DOWN" "+ability 1"
    bind "LEFT" "+ability 6"
    bind "L_TRIGGER" "+zoom"
    bind "R_TRIGGER" "+attack"

In particular, these are the five key bindings that aren't restored when 'reset to default' is clicked... which explains why the fix Drop_boi wanted to apply couldn't be done as the hotkey to open the console was one that wasn't reset! :frowning:
    bind "1" "weaponSelectPrimary0"
    bind "2" "weaponSelectPrimary1"
    bind "`" "toggleconsole"
    bind "ESCAPE" "ingamemenu_activate"
    bind "PAUSE" "pause"

• ZereaI
    Thank you pfeerick for your post, have been looking for a fix since day one and only your answer has worked so far.
  • Sabrewulf2
    17 postsPosts: 25
    Same issue just happened to me, beginning of match I had no keys bound. Restoring defaults worked for me, however, I had to remember the binds that I had in order to play like I did before.
  • NKVD100
    Guys i found the solution; 1st u need a friend with the game
    2nd his game needs to work corectly
    3rd he needs to copy "settings.csg" and send it to you
    4th u will delete the content from your file and copy his content
    ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!! U need to search for his origin name and change it to yours !!!!!!!!!!!!
    5th go play a game and destroy your enemeyes
  • THELASTBATTLELAN
    edited May 2017
    Justo me pasó hace un momento, solo entré a Menú (escape), controles, MOUSE/ TECLADO asignar controles, restaurar configuración predeterminada, APLICAR y a seguir jugando, Espero les sirva. Greetings!
  • Article89
    To fix mine, I closed the game, deleted the settings.cfg file, launched the game, and when it prompted me for local or cloud, I chose local. Relaunched the game. The change loadout was now bound to ESCAPE, and all other defaults were correct. Obviously I had to go in and change anything custom I used, but at least all the keys bind now to true defaults.
  • I had the same problem but i closed the game, deleted settings.cfg file, launch the game and cancel cloud sync
  • I had the same problem but i closed the game, deleted settings.cfg file, launch the game and cancel cloud sync AND i didnt have to change anything at all
  • I had the same problem but i closed the game, deleted settings.cfg file, launch the game and cancel cloud sync and i had to change all my settings to my kind but whatever no biggie
  • jesus posted lots of comments