Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Titanfall 2 won't start

Praetector
0 postsPosts: 1
Platform: PC

Issue: Titanfall 2 won't shows up but is working in Task manager

Can you reproduce this issue 100% of the time: Yes

Details on how to reproduce the issue: Start the game

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4690K

Graphics Card: AMD Rx 460

Memory: 8Gb RAM

Operating System: Windows 10

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Comments

• juan_aMouthfull
    1 postsPosts: 1
    edited November 2016
    I am having a similar issue. If I launch Titanfall 2 from the desktop shortcut, the origin launcher sign in dialog appears. I provide my username and password and hit submit. The working indicator comes up and then the login window disappears and nothing happens after that.
  • Strike105X
    2 postsPosts: 2
    edited November 2016
    I have the exact same issue as the op i start the game and all it does is run in the background and not open, dissabling my bluetooth adapter did not work.
  • FearsomeGr
    When i press the "play" button nothing happens and the game never starts. What can i do ? I have tried many solutions and still i have this issue.

Thanks in advance.
  • Icost89
    I have the exact same issue and have spent the last few hours trying to find a solution, my specs is good enough i believe:

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G4400 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 950
    Display Memory: 6082 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 2016 MB
    Shared Memory: 4065 MB

Win 10

It just won´t start, have tried:

1. Repairing the game.
    2. Updating DirectX
    3. searching the forums for the last few hours
    4. changing so origin and Titanfall 2 is on the same drive
    5. Repairing the vc files in the titanfall 2 map
    6. trying to run as administrator

But so far nothing... found a few threads when searching the web, but they just had deadlinks and was from 2014 and for the beta so.
  • I've got the exact same thing happening to me, so annoying. Been searching the web for the last hours without finding any solution.
    Everything is up to date
    When I press "play" it seems loading for a few sec then nothing happens. Been trying everything (that I could think of) and nothings paid of.
    Please guys anyone who has find an solution, help me out.
  • I have the same issue titanfall2 wont start at all. running I5 gtx 960 NVidia 8 gigs mem
  • MiniNinja0421
    2 postsPosts: 2
    edited December 2016
    I got the same issue. Nothing happends when pressing the play key. Game is updated and it's not ports, firewall, or anything like that I've tried most of the stuff...

Edit: hadn't try to update for 2 weeks as it hasnt worked nor have I gotten any help to fix it. But just tried to update and got this error : attached
  • titanfall 2 wont open, please help
  • I have the same problem here. since mid december it won't start.
  • DarthFK
    5 postsPosts: 6
    edited December 2019
    December 2019, latest updated Win10 - same issue on a just built G4400/RX580-8Gb/16gb ram. I would suspect that my CPU is not enough (under minimum requirements of an i3-6300t?) but the OP had the same problem with an i5-4560k, which is more than enough to run it. Anyone found a solution?

Update: after trying/doing the "fixing of DX libraries" recommended on EA forums, and additional verification, the g4400 is indeed the problem, as it falls under the minimum requirements.