Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

ERROR: Connection to Server timed out!

Comments

• Shinkey16
    1 postsPosts: 3
    I have the same issue on PC in Canada, I love this game so much and it breaks my heart that i cant really play it. is there any fix for this? please let me know. I've tried what i could to fix this.
  • The problem i am having is i can play 1 match then after that match i get timed out and cannot go back into multiplayer, the game only lets me play 1 match then nothing. Same issue on my PC and PS4, any solutions?
  • The-Robotic-Q
    5 postsPosts: 5
    So did anyone ever discover a solid fix for this? My issues are just as bad as they've always been ever since I got the game shortly after Black Friday. I've been looking into getting a new router to see if that will get my issues sorted out, I'm just nervous about getting one in case it doesn't work.
  • dudusauce
    3 postsPosts: 3
    Awaiting for a solution here as well. I tried playing the game via my mobile hotspot, the issue still persists.
    Glitch in the frontier DLC has officially broken the game for me a few weeks in.
  • HUMANREUNION
    1 postsPosts: 1
    @dudusauce - I've been having the same issues for the last two weeks. I even replaced my router, still dealing with the same nonsense. Really really disappointing that this issue still seems to be an issue after all these months.
  • bovrillor
    13 postsPosts: 13
    edited June 2017
    This issue was resolved for me in the March server update. I was playing for the last couple of months with no interruptions.

However, either the 'Glitch in the Frontier' or 'War Games' update has caused it to return (I was away between these updates so I don't know which is to blame). All of a sudden I'm back to 'Connection to ServerTimed Out' even though my ping is 25ms with stable traceroute stats and zero packet loss.

People, this is totally a server issue. Don't go purchasing new routers in the hope of a magical fix!
  • BaconShelf
    30 postsPosts: 38
    This issue is starting to get ridiculous. Almost every single game I've played today I've been kicked out of. Respawn needs to do something about their servers, it's getting to the point that the game is literally unplayable.
    So you say you want to fly on a magic carpet to meet the King of the Potato People, and beg for your freedom?
  • The-Robotic-Q
    The issue has been ridiculous for the entire time in my opinion. For me it was better during Monarch's Reign, but I still had quite a few connectivity issues that persisted.
  • bovrillor
    13 postsPosts: 13
    Spoke to EA support about it a few times over the last few days. They seem to be under the impression that all the cases in this thread have been 'resolved' because they're old.

For a moment they seemed like they were going to help, but they quickly resorted to giving me the silent treatment.

So there we go, if you stop complaining for five minutes they assume everything fixed itself. Genius.
  • Same problem. Disc purchase, works by day, tried different data centres still boots me every game I load after 7pm. Every other game I own works.

Disappointing Respawn and EA.
  • jah_liar
    2 postsPosts: 2
    I have this issue as well. Can't complete a single match of Frontier Defense because of it - I get disconnected after some time.

I had problems with disconnected some months ago, but it worked fine in the meantime. It's very frustrating to see this issue creep up again after I thought it was fixed.
  • Dottxen0n
    Same problem here. If i made a group with my friend, and start a new game (6vs6 deathmatch to 500 point), the first time i die ping dramatically increase to 5000 - 6000 (in the scene where appears "press SPACE to enter", and after 3-4 second i get disconnected from the server.

This happen only in the first game of the day i made. The games after, works perfectly!

Can you try to look at this please? its very annoing.
  • kodjdj
    Mam to samo na pc ale mam tymczasowe rozwiązanie u mnie trzeba wejść w menedżera zadań przejść do zakładki szczegóły znaleźć titanfall nacisnąć na niego prawym przyciskiem myszy i wybrać opcję ustaw priorytet wybierz opcje wysoki. Nie wiem czemu respawn olewa te wszystkie zgłoszenia
  • kodjdj
    Należy wejść w menedżera zadań i przejść do scegółów znaleźć titanfall i prawym przyciskiem myszy kliknąć na niego i kliknąć opcję ustaw priorytet na wysoki
  • ksylian
    This is simply ridiculous! I can't play a single game in the evening. I'm absolutely sure the issues are with EA servers because i played once during lunch time, around 1pm in Europe, and I wasn't disconnected even once. I'm only having issues in the evening when much more people play the game.
    This is so frustrating!
  • Ristogod
    I have this same issue. I can connect to an online match. The first match will start to play for maybe a minute at most, then suddenly my ping jumps right up to 5000+ and then I get disconnected. However after that I can play hours of subsequent matches and never get disconnected. It happens religiously now in this manner. This hasn't always been the case, just recently.

One thing to note is that I recently switched my router to an Ubiquiti Edge Router X. Even if it is specifically tied to the new router, I'm unwilling to stop using it because in all aspects and games it has been the great improvement to smoothing out my online experience I've ever had, including Titanfall 2. Before this router I would get sporadic spikes and lag and that never happens now save this one issue with the first match in Titanfall 2. It doesn't happen in any other game either.

So not sure what to do. I can't seem to find other Edge Router X users experiencing the same problem to know what to change from that end.

Regardless it's fairly annoying to have to give up the first match always because the crazy wait times for matches that exist these days in Titanfall 2.
  • Magikf1ngers
    4530 postsPosts: 4,584 mod
    edited January 2018
    Ristogod wrote: »
    I have this same issue. I can connect to an online match. The first match will start to play for maybe a minute at most, then suddenly my ping jumps right up to 5000+ and then I get disconnected. However after that I can play hours of subsequent matches and never get disconnected. It happens religiously now in this manner. This hasn't always been the case, just recently.

One thing to note is that I recently switched my router to an Ubiquiti Edge Router X. Even if it is specifically tied to the new router, I'm unwilling to stop using it because in all aspects and games it has been the great improvement to smoothing out my online experience I've ever had, including Titanfall 2. Before this router I would get sporadic spikes and lag and that never happens now save this one issue with the first match in Titanfall 2. It doesn't happen in any other game either.

So not sure what to do. I can't seem to find other Edge Router X users experiencing the same problem to know what to change from that end.

Regardless it's fairly annoying to have to give up the first match always because the crazy wait times for matches that exist these days in Titanfall 2.

On your new router - you might want to see if you can put priority on gaming packets and whatnot - some routers have that ability, others don't. I'm not familiar with your specific one.

Honestly - if you can tie it to it starting when you got the new router, that is a very clear message generally that it's something with your router.

Are you playing wired or wireless? DId anything else change? (Especially if it's wireless, did the placement of the router change, cable routing, anything like that? Did you move the furniture around and maybe run the power cord next to the network cable?

Which data center are you connecting to? Have you tried others? Do you have any anti-virus software or anything running while you're gaming?

Which VERSION of the Edge Router X did you get? (There's many out there, starting at about $50 - $200 or so)

I'm not saying the problem necessarily is on your side -without even knowing what platform your on or if you're on TF1 or TF2, it's impossible to completely triage online.

Facts are, however, I'm on PC, I'm running wired, and I have no connection issues with Titanfall 2 at all, neither did I the last time I played 1 back in September-ish.

So - I have 25+ years of networking experience - I'm willing to help, but before you start cursing the evil Respawn and their minions - let's make sure YOUR network is as good as it can be. If you switched to a new router and this started, I'm fairly certain we can trace it to that somehow, whether it's a setting on the new router that needs to be done, a firmware update that's waiting to be applied, or you routed power and / or video along with your ethernet cable, or you set your router next to your TV or some other great big power draw that's throwing of an EM field like that.

Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • Ristogod
    Ristogod wrote: »

On your new router - you might want to see if you can put priority on gaming packets and whatnot - some routers have that ability, others don't. I'm not familiar with your specific one.

Honestly - if you can tie it to it starting when you got the new router, that is a very clear message generally that it's something with your router.

Are you playing wired or wireless? DId anything else change? (Especially if it's wireless, did the placement of the router change, cable routing, anything like that? Did you move the furniture around and maybe run the power cord next to the network cable?

Which data center are you connecting to? Have you tried others? Do you have any anti-virus software or anything running while you're gaming?

Which VERSION of the Edge Router X did you get? (There's many out there, starting at about $50 - $200 or so)

I'm not saying the problem necessarily is on your side -without even knowing what platform your on or if you're on TF1 or TF2, it's impossible to completely triage online.

Facts are, however, I'm on PC, I'm running wired, and I have no connection issues with Titanfall 2 at all, neither did I the last time I played 1 back in September-ish.

So - I have 25+ years of networking experience - I'm willing to help, but before you start cursing the evil Respawn and their minions - let's make sure YOUR network is as good as it can be. If you switched to a new router and this started, I'm fairly certain we can trace it to that somehow, whether it's a setting on the new router that needs to be done, a firmware update that's waiting to be applied, or you routed power and / or video along with your ethernet cable, or you set your router next to your TV or some other great big power draw that's throwing of an EM field like that.

I hear you. The thing is, I've always had some measure of networking issues and almost always trace-able back to the router in some capacity. This is by far the least problematic router I've owned yet. In all instances of issue and conflicts that were present prior to this router are all now alleviated. I've never had a better network experience across the board where every device in the house works without issue. I am connected to the router by wire. Besides this every game other than Titanfall 2 works fine. Even Titanfall 2 itself is fine except for the first match after getting the first kill.

In fact this is why I don't think it's the router. I can get into any match. So long as I don't kill someone, it's good. As soon as I kill guy number 1, that's when it times out. I used to think it was purely a time thing, but it's event driven. So no not the router as far as I'm concerned.

I do have the router setup right. I'm not a kid. I too have been working/building PCs and home networks for 20 years. I'm an IT Professional/Software developer by trade.

As far as which router, I already said. Edge Router X. I checked their site and they offer that one in 2 flavors, none of which extends to $200. They have other routers that go that high yes, but not by that model name.

I was just curious if anyone had the issue. If not then there isn't anything that can be done apparently. It's just the new normal experience when playing this game.