Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

ERROR: Connection to Server timed out!

Comments

• bovrillor
    13 postsPosts: 13
    Following on from previous comments (which the weird quote system made confusing)...

I suspected the TG589vac router of being the problem. But today I took it to next door and used it to connect to their ISP. It worked perfectly.

Here's the kicker - next door are using the same ISP. Same traceroute stats, same ping, everything is identical. Yet I get booted from Titanfall from around 6PM onwards... and next door seems fine.

Given that the disconnection issue is a recent thing for me, I'm inclined to suspect weirdness in Respawn's servers is at fault - the evidence simply doesn't point to router or ISP.

(I should note that Titanfall is the only game I have issues with. I've got a library of 30+ PS4 games that work flawlessly)
  • vsc2infg5p
    6 postsPosts: 7
    I am experiencing the same issue in PS4 - as i posted in this thread -> https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/9698/error-connection-to-server-timed-out-ps4

We need a hotfix for this. T___T
  • LIFECRAB
    1 postsPosts: 1
    For anyone using a Belkin router that has Intellistream, turn that off. Thought I had the same problem until changing this one option. It prioritises certain types of traffic automatically.

Maybe other brands have a similar feature that might be causing the same issue.
  • bovrillor
    /\ Good tip for Belkin users right there.

That feature is unique to Belkin, there's no comparable option on other routers (and not all Belkin ones have it)

There's still something else at work here, though. My technicolor router worked fine at some locations, but not at others. Even different results when using the same ISP.

Respawn last acknowledged this in November, they haven't mentioned it since. I got a single reply from them on Twitter claiming my ISP must be 'traffic shaping' which I disproved (using this tool: http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/glasnost.php ) at which point they started ignoring me.

It's looking bad for those of us still affected at this point. Looks like they're just gonna sweep it under the rug...
  • caldrax
    2 postsPosts: 2
    I'm getting disconnected within the first 30 seconds or so of every match, can't play multiplayer at all. I bought this at launch and have only played a few times because I've been distracted by other things, but all the previous times I've played I didn't have this problem. I'm playing on PC. Other games (Overwatch, BF1) seem to play just fine. Hoping they will fix this, although by the looks of this thread, with replies up to yesterday indicating that it was still an issue, I'm not optimistic.
  • caldrax
    2 postsPosts: 2
    Okay, update from my trial and error. I kept searching and found a youtube video suggesting I disable any network adapters that weren't being used. I did this (realized I had 2 wi-fi adapters in my computer... can't remember how that happened) disabled all but one of them and was able to get on and play 3-4 rounds without my ping going above 50, so, hope that helps someone. I'm sure there are plenty of people who've tried this and it didn't work, but just in case...
  • bovrillor
    edited January 2017
    /\ Just FYI, that's a seperate known issue with that same solution posted in the issue tracker - patch notes suggest it'll be fixed in the upcoming update.

The mass disconnection issue is a seperate problem, with no verifiable solution at this time. After all, consoles only have a single network adaptor so that method simply cannot apply to them.
  • Minighost244
    10 postsPosts: 10
    Found a temporary fix.

1) Begin finding a game.
    *Please note which game mode you are connecting to (especially in Mixtape)*
    2) Once you get the "ERROR: Lost connection..." message, log back into multiplayer.
    3) Begin finding another game, select the game mode that you remembered.
    4) 7 out of 10 times, the game will reconnect you to the server you just disconnected from without kicking you off the server.

The entire process takes about 5 - 7 minutes. I play on PC, been using this ever since I figured out that ****ing with my router isn't doing anything (I own a Netgear router, no such thing as 'Intellistream' like Belkin ones). This method usually works with Attrition, since the majority of the players play this mode frequently. I've never seen it work with CTF or Pilots Only. Mixtape only works if you note the game mode on the loading screen, then search specifically for your server in that game mode.

In the event that you actually get kicked twice, assume that your previous server is lost and continue repeating steps 1 - 3 until it stops kicking you. Some days, like some others have mentioned, the game will seldom let you play at all. During slow hours (e.g. - Sunday mornings), the game will only reconnect you every 1 out of 10 times. Perhaps that's just specific to me, but I thought it'd be worth mentioning.

Let me know how it worked.
  • bovrillor
    I obsevered the same thing as above /\ in that reconnecting after a disconnect will try to throw me back into the same server.

However in my case it never succeeds.

Occasionally I can get lucky by searching game modes at random to force it to find different servers - but even then it's like an hour of work to find a single match.

Basically the servers just won't talk to me once American peak time strikes. Seems like the servers are lacking capacity or have traffic routing problems - since I have ruled out everything at my end and even 'passed' all the tests the support people threw at me.
  • Im playing XB1 digital copy and get the message every time I try to play a game. Haven't been able to play at all for over a month I hop this gets fixed soon
  • Did you fix the problem yet ?
    I keep getting the same error even after switching servers. ( PC )
    I can't play a single match ( always getting kicked after 10 secs of match start up )
  • bovrillor
    /\ No, they haven't fixed it yet.

However they are deploying a server patch tonight which will start logging the disconnections, so they can try to diagnose the reason for it.

Hopefully the NEXT update will contain a fix based on that data.
  • Minighost244
    bovrillor wrote: »
    However in my case it never succeeds.

Ah, ****. Works for me, but I search for Attrition games only... Hopefully they'll patch this sooner or later.
  • vsc2infg5p
    6 postsPosts: 7
    BUMPING this thread.. PS4 player here, still not able to play. kicks me in 10-20 secs after connecting to a match. I was so desperate that I bought a new router and upgraded the network cables at home. *no luck* :'(

I am experiencing the same issue in PS4 - as i posted in this thread -> https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/9698/error-connection-to-server-timed-out-ps4
  • maybe fair fight system worked.
    first give your error content to EA support.
    Then you will step through the solution method. In the last resort I thought that I was stuck with the fair fight system.
  • fuclan73
    me toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • bovrillor
    I contacted EA about this, since Respawn are being suspiciously quiet about it.

I was polite and factual, simpy asked for acknowledgement or progress updates.

10 days later, I got a 1-word reply - "Sorry"

I'd say that's the pinnacle of poor customer service right there.
  • nomercy1479
    I have same problem... I'm using Giga network service with cable in Korea. so no problem on speed
  • same problem by me
  • RaneScape
    4 postsPosts: 4
    Ok guys I have the same exact problem, running on PC Digital Download on Origin. I know what is happening but I don't know how to fix it.

OK SO LOOK HERE....... When you join a match, your kicked with that error code, it is caused by the current base maps not loading before hand or not getting enough time to buffer before you join the match. For example in the mode LIVE FIRE there are only two maps, once you load in/ join one game of that then get kicked THE ONLY TWO LIVE FIRE MAPS WILL LOAD and you will be able to play ON LIVE FIRE without getting kicked. But for example Attrition has MORE THAN 6 MAPS! So that means your computer and depending on Respawns servers has to load all the maps at once. Here is an example, I join a map of Attrition and a get into the match on Angel City, it kicks me gives me the error code and so I as quickly as I can join Attrition again and I get into the exact same match with the exact same map it will let me play. This works because when your computer connects to the match in the first place it focuses on loading the map that the match your about to join is on. So after you get booted then quicly join the SAME match and the same map, the map should already be loaded. For example Angel City 24/7 was a life saver for me but then no one played it.
  • Minighost244
    Well, nothing seems to be working so I'll check in one last time.

I disabled UPNP on my router (not sure why I didn't try this in the first place). Vastly reduces the chances of disconnecting from a server. Maybe 1 out of 20 games I'll disconnect. If not that, 1 in 30 games. If this doesn't work, hardwire your system directly to the router using an ethernet cable. If you don't have access to your router, I'm not sure what else you can do. Respawn isn't responding on this topic and I highly doubt they'll leave a reply any time in the future. That being said, Titanfall is a great game once you get past the disconnect issue. Please, give it a chance before you throw it over your shoulder.

I'll see you all around.
  • sever time out with me too on origin
  • RaneScape
    4 postsPosts: 4
    Well, nothing seems to be working so I'll check in one last time.

I disabled UPNP on my router (not sure why I didn't try this in the first place). Vastly reduces the chances of disconnecting from a server. Maybe 1 out of 20 games I'll disconnect. If not that, 1 in 30 games. If this doesn't work, hardwire your system directly to the router using an ethernet cable. If you don't have access to your router, I'm not sure what else you can do. Respawn isn't responding on this topic and I highly doubt they'll leave a reply any time in the future. That being said, Titanfall is a great game once you get past the disconnect issue. Please, give it a chance before you throw it over your shoulder.

I'll see you all around.

Ok but how does disabling your UPNP help you? Wont you have to port forward Tf2 to allow access to your network?
  • HaRoo0ooN
    Hi guys,

I was having the exact same issue, connect to lobby then get the server timeout error after 10-20 seconds. While i was looking around for solutions someone suggested port-forwarding. So i tried it and it worked! Played 7 consecutive games with no timeouts and good ping.

I used the ports in this link https://help.ea.com/en-nz/help/titanfall/titanfall/online-ports-to-open-for-titanfall/

Hope this helps somebody.
  • Snorlax_Ichiro
    1 postsPosts: 2
    edited March 2017
    Hey guys guess what?! SAME PROBLEM.......

Seriously though I've been having ping spikes of 4000+, but only today I have been kicked form a server.
  • Minighost244
    RaneScape wrote: »

Ok but how does disabling your UPNP help you? Wont you have to port forward Tf2 to allow access to your network?

Already allowed TF2 access to my router. Didn't turn off UPNP and the my router couldn't handle the information overflow because information was coming through every single open port. I haven't done any port forwarding at all, although I totally expected to, I will admit that. Nothing has happened so far.

Sorry for the late reply, I don't check the forum daily.
  • mguarda
    edited March 2017
    Hey guys-

Thought I'd share my experience as well.

I got the game a couple days ago via Origin and have not been able to play a single multiplayer game. I'm able to match into a game, but I get the connection timed out error while the match is loading or during the opening animation. This is despite the fact that I'm able to play multiplayer with the original Titanfall without issue.

After spending hours with their support (who ended up blaming my ISP), I decided to test a little more. I have two computers- an Intel NUC6i5SYH and a Surface Book. I installed the game on both computers. I tested both computers on A. my fiber network (Gigamonster), B. a friend's network (Comcast), and C. my girlfriend's network (Google Fiber), all with their own router. With those six iterations (two computers on three different networks), I had the exact same problem. This is not a device issue or an ISP issue- it's either A. an incompatibility with Titanfall 2 and Windows, or B. more likely an issue with their servers, since this seems to be affecting other platforms as well.

I've also tried opening the applicable ports, disabling firewalls, adding the PC's to my router's DMZ, disabling all possible router settings that could interfere, flushing DNS, etc. Nothing has worked.

I shot off an email to l[email protected] to get answers. I don't expect to hear much, but I wanted them to know of my testing and for them to stop blaming their customers for what is clearly an issue with their product.
  • chewie7213
    Same thing is happening to me, video below

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Anxq8HvV3bvfd4lz7QZbYzUxato

Also, when I do get through to a match, it's super stuttery where players are moving in jump cuts. Really fun to try to shoot anyone.

My XboxOne is wired to my router, broadband speed is around 50Mbps to 45Mbps, per the Xbox's statistics.
  • my fix for ERROR: Connection to Server timed out! (vpn needed)

1 bridge ps4 to pc
    2 share vpn connection to ps4
    works grate :D
  • Zhead_o
    I found a solution that works for me (PC).

Go to the Origin folder, and on Origin.exe and OriginER.exe open properties. On the compatibility separator check the box "execute as administrator". It solved the issue for me.