Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

ERROR: Connection to Server timed out!

Comments

• Im also having this issue, I noticed that it happen between 4pm-12am GMT+0. Anytime outside of that I can play normally, but the moment the clock strikes 4pm the connection times out, even if im in game. I can reset my router but that only allows me to play 1 full game before the connection issue happens again.

Just a quick update on my situation, since I noticed this problem occurring specifically between 4pm-12am everyday for me, I decided to call my broadband service provider to see if they change my line priority during this time period. They told me nothing has changed between this time period so this leads me to believe this is a problem with Titanfall's server and not a problem on my end.

Out of interest who is your ISP?
  • I also have this problem every time I try to play with somebody it does this. I can play by myself just fine with no problems but I can play a few games and then it'll kick me and whoever is in my party or my friends and I can never get back on with them after only playing maybe a few games.
  • Novarated
    2 postsPosts: 2
    Bought this game yesterday night as I played it during the trial period with no issues. Now can't even play a multiplayer match as soon as it gets a full group to transition into game it tries to load then boots me back to the main menu with "Error connection to server timed out"

Not impressed especially since I only got to play a couple of matches this morning, hope this gets ironed out soon.
    Have tested my internet connectivity and no issues, tested the connectivity between my PC and router also no issues 0% packet loss and also response times are good. Not my end that is the issue.
  • I am having the same problem...on Xbox One
  • DrBlubbinger
    13 postsPosts: 15
    Novarated wrote: »
    Bought this game yesterday night as I played it during the trial period with no issues. Now can't even play a multiplayer match as soon as it gets a full group to transition into game it tries to load then boots me back to the main menu with "Error connection to server timed out"

Not impressed especially since I only got to play a couple of matches this morning, hope this gets ironed out soon.
    Have tested my internet connectivity and no issues, tested the connectivity between my PC and router also no issues 0% packet loss and also response times are good. Not my end that is the issue.

My tip: Refund, now! While you still can. (Unless you wanna keep it for SP only) You can rebuy *if* they ever fix it.

I bought TF2 on release and MP is still unplayable due to this (or a similar) lag issue. That's 6 weeks now. Don't expect a quick fix (or maybe no fix at all). Respawn are still in the "it's not us" denial phase (blaming ISP or whatever instead of fixing their **** netcode).
  • Novarated

My tip: Refund, now! While you still can. (Unless you wanna keep it for SP only) You can rebuy *if* they ever fix it.

I bought TF2 on release and MP is still unplayable due to this (or a similar) lag issue. That's 6 weeks now. Don't expect a quick fix (or maybe no fix at all). Respawn are still in the "it's not us" denial phase (blaming ISP or whatever instead of fixing their **** netcode).

Yeah I am very much considering this, did not purchase this game for its single player content. Further more Iv tried the work around by disabling all my unused network adapters (I use WIFI) also tried switching from WIFI to Ethernet and same issue. Had a windows 10 update this morning so rolled that back and still no luck. Tried "turning my modem off for a few minutes" issue still present and its not an elcheepo modem its a Netgear D6300 and I am sitting on a 100Mbit NBN fiber internet service. Also tried changing Data Centers which is bugged out, I am in Australia local to Sydney and I am being connected on startup to any data center but Sydney. When I open the list it shows all other data centers bar the one I am currently connected to at -1 ping and when I try to change to a different one it sits on "Searching" and then I can't launch multiplayer at all as it can't connect to the DC.

This is a horrible lack of support and for the developer to push back on this issue that is from what I have seen a majorly wide spread multi platform problem is ridiculous. This is a core mechanic that is utterly useless to a whole lot of paying customers. An update would be welcome on the status of this fix seeing it was last acknowledged at the end of October by a community manager.
  • I only have this problem when I play with someone else we get to play one game and then it kicks us saying error server timed out and then I can't play with them at all ever even if I shut down and restart my system it will not let me rejoin another game with them for hours and then we'll try again will let me play one game and then it'll do it again.
  • xEvilShadowx187
    1 postsPosts: 1
    edited December 2016
    I am also having this issue. Can't play with friends, connection timed out. This is the only game I have this issue with. Can play Titanfall 1, Battlefield, Black Ops 3, GTA5 with no issues, but cant play Titanfall 2
  • I turned off "Intellistream" on my router and things are working okay now. Belkin brand router
  • I'm having the exact same problem as the OP. Search for multi player game, load game, goes black, sometimes see the jump screen followed by quickly being booted and seeing the infamous "ERROR: Connection to Server timed out!"

Now the catch is if I go to load another multiplayer game and get the exact same map, I'm able to load and start playing. So something like those Angel City 24/7 are currently a godsend so that I can actually play this game.

My assumption is this is some kind of timing issue where if the map has to load, it gets out of sync with the server, but if its cached in RAM, then it's good to go.

Also, playing on PC, Win 10. I'm also playing from an external hard drive using USB 3.0, which might be what's causing the game to load slowly. But I can't install it on my main HD because the game is too **** big.
  • kubiyav
    7 postsPosts: 8
    dethstrobe wrote: »
    I'm having the exact same problem as the OP. Search for multi player game, load game, goes black, sometimes see the jump screen followed by quickly being booted and seeing the infamous "ERROR: Connection to Server timed out!"

Now the catch is if I go to load another multiplayer game and get the exact same map, I'm able to load and start playing. So something like those Angel City 24/7 are currently a godsend so that I can actually play this game.

My assumption is this is some kind of timing issue where if the map has to load, it gets out of sync with the server, but if its cached in RAM, then it's good to go.

Also, playing on PC, Win 10. I'm also playing from an external hard drive using USB 3.0, which might be what's causing the game to load slowly. But I can't install it on my main HD because the game is too **** big.

Putting games in USB 3.0 should not be a problem. Obviously due to server side problems.
  • Im having the same issue on Xbox one. Seems to kick me off at 4pm until Midnight with the same Connection to server timed out. I was using a Technicolor router which someone else mentioned has issues so I bought a new TP-Link vr400 and still get the same thing. My ISP is SSE. Rebooting the router will allow me to play again for maybe 1-2 games. Wondering if my ISP does any weird throttling or shaping at peak times because it seems strange to happen at the same time each day. Looking at the other posts it could be sever side, but just adding this here incase any pattern crops up.
  • Same problem here. Again: not about other (unused) adapters, router, ISP or any such thing. Game works perfectly fine on XBONE using the same infrastructure, but refuses to connect to MP mode on PC (Surface Book i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD).

So no, I don't think the problem is on the user side.
  • Had this game since it came out but haven't been playing it til recently did notice it was laggy when first came out but mostly been playing Skyrim, Battlefield 1 & Infinite Warfare.

Anyway to the point i return to find this thing lagging like **** like i said before it was lagging when i bought it but is this still going on?
    This game need serious maintenance and soon as the thing is lagging and kicking me like crazy, the things gone bananas.
  • Does anyone know how to fix it.
  • Getting this error every game after the patch
  • I get it every signle match I play after the patch. This needs a hot fix if possible.
  • Happens for me as well, its annoying.
  • This is still happening to me. The game is unplayable , any recent updates out there? Server times out every single game.
  • My problem has finally been solved. :p
    The solution?
    I bought a new router. TP-Link AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Archer C7.
    No more "Connection To Server Timed Out"
  • I'm seeing a ton of people talking about this issue and saying that they're playing on a console, but I have this problem on PC. Before I got the game I even checked my computer's specs, and it seemed more than able to handle Titanfall 2. The only thing That could possibly be a problem is that our router was having some issues earlier this week.
  • TF-Flash
    I had the same problem :( , since I installed WTFast my problem is solved :)
    It's great I can play all day B)
  • masyarrum
    Was playing the game fine up until a couple of hours ago. Getting the same thing everyone else is: try and connect, black screen, jumping message, background noise, freezes, then sends you back to the menu with the message saying server timed out!

Tried all the things I could find on the internet to do, nothing works. I momentarily joined for a second but my ping was like 4098 or something silly like that. Hopefully they are making a fix now! By far the best game i have played all year, so sad that I now cannot play it :(
  • Ilasiak
    Can people start leaving reviews about this issue on purchasing sites like amazon. I made sure to research this game a lot before buying it recently, but literally nothing was ever mentioned of this issue.
  • kubiyav
    7 postsPosts: 8
    I can play TITANFALL2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cbrenik
    What did you do to fix it Kub?
  • I've been having a lot of issues as well since I got the game at the beginning of December. I've never had such bad lag issues in other games like Battlefront and Call of Duty, on my PS4 (What I have TF2 on ) . I played with my router settings and none of the "Fixes" that people listed that had to do with the router fixed it (Though I haven't tried getting a new router, as one person said.) Usually I'll be able to play through one or two games and then it will start to kick me two or three minutes into matches to the main menu.

I would love to get this fixed, I play this game quite a bit even with the lag, but it would be nice to get it running smoothly, I've been having loads of fun!

My ping at the main menu is usually around 45, but at times I've seen it as low as 35 and has high as 65, in game it bounces around from there, all the way up into multiple hundreds, I don't watch it much though. The data centers I usually connect to are usually one of the Iowa GCEs or the salt lake city one.
  • RaneScape
    4 postsPosts: 4
    kubiyav wrote: »
    dethstrobe wrote: »
    I'm having the exact same problem as the OP. Search for multi player game, load game, goes black, sometimes see the jump screen followed by quickly being booted and seeing the infamous "ERROR: Connection to Server timed out!"

Putting games in USB 3.0 should not be a problem. Obviously due to server side problems.

IM having the Same Exact Problem as Deathsrobe! I can play Angel City 24/7 no problem but anything else I have errors and issues. As Death Srobe stated if the map is cached in the RAM its good, so does that mean we need more ram? What is the fix to this???
  • bovrillor
    13 postsPosts: 13
    edited January 2017
    I'm in the UK, using XLN Telecom Business Fibre VDSL. Same router model (TG589vac), same problem. Around 4.30PM it goes from perfect connectivity to this:

Checked with my ISP, they are NOT traffic shaping.

Took my PS4 next-door, the guy there is on BT Infinity and has a Netgear Nighthawk router. Problem immediately goes away.

Based on the other comments in this thread, it seems Titanfall 2 is doing something that upsets specific router models - but why is it specific to time of day? Could it be server load (ie more players online) coincides with that time?

Solution appears to be 1) Buy a £200 router, or 2) Give up.
    SecondRook wrote: »
    Jacket785 wrote: »

I've found that resetting my router works, but only for 1 full game. So yeah, if I want to play more than 1 game after 4pm I have to reset the router/modem every time.
    Using a Technicolor TG589vac.
  • diddybeats
    4 postsPosts: 4
    bovrillor wrote: »
    I'm in the UK, using XLN Telecom Business Fibre VDSL. Same router model (TG589vac), same problem. Around 4.30PM it goes from perfect connectivity to this:

Checked with my ISP, they are NOT traffic shaping.

Took my PS4 next-door, the guy there is on BT Infinity and has a Netgear Nighthawk router. Problem immediately goes away.

Based on the other comments in this thread, it seems Titanfall 2 is doing something that upsets specific router models - but why is it specific to time of day? Could it be server load (ie more players online) coincides with that time?

Solution appears to be 1) Buy a £200 router, or 2) Give up.
    SecondRook wrote: »
    Jacket785 wrote: »

I've found that resetting my router works, but only for 1 full game. So yeah, if I want to play more than 1 game after 4pm I have to reset the router/modem every time.
    Using a Technicolor TG589vac.

I also have the same issues, same router. I did buy another router (TP Link Archer VR400) in an attempt to resolve this but I get the same issue i.e kicked off at exactly 6PM every day. Definitely seems like a router issue but the whole certain time of day thing is weird. Maybe the next update will fix it