Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

ERROR: Connection to Server timed out!

Comments

• Brentbrw wrote: »

And me...

Maybe now there's video of what everyone clearly described, maybe Respawn can respond?
  • Xer0Signal wrote: »

Ayup. Same here. From a comment above, I believe the devs are working on a fix? Maybe I took the Twitter tweets the wrong way, but hopefully, I'll finally be able to play with my friends.
  • Brentbrw
    6 postsPosts: 6
    Xer0Signal wrote: »

Ayup. Same here. From a comment above, I believe the devs are working on a fix? Maybe I took the Twitter tweets the wrong way, but hopefully, I'll finally be able to play with my friends.

Let's hope. I've been hyped for this game for a long time. And it sucks when my friends are all playing without me. I could be playing Forza horizon 3 with my other friends...
  • secret3
    2 postsPosts: 2
    Jacket785 wrote: »
    secret3 wrote: »
    I have the same problem. I'm on PS4 with a Belkin N600DB router. The multiplayer is unplayable, due to always getting the "Connection to server timed out" error before I even get into a game or getting kicked out in the middle of a game with the same error. I've never been able to even finish a match. I hope this gets patched, because the multiplayer is amazing from what I've seen in my brief 2 minute intervals of playing. I've tried picking different data centers with low pings, but nothing works. I'm tired of it.

Access your router and turn off Intellistream. See if this changes anything. I did this a couple a days ago and I'm able to play the game just fine.

That completely solved my problem. Thank you so much. I am extremely grateful.
  • Brentbrw
    I have the same problem. I'm on PS4 with a Belkin N600DB router. The multiplayer is unplayable, due to always getting the "Connection to server timed out" error before I even get into a game or getting kicked out in the middle of a game with the same error. I've never been able to even finish a match. I hope this gets patched, because the multiplayer is amazing from what I've seen in my brief 2 minute intervals of playing. I've tried picking different data centers with low pings, but nothing works. I'm tired of it.

Access your router and turn off Intellistream. See if this changes anything. I did this a couple a days ago and I'm able to play the game just fine.

That did not solve my problem. Considering my router doesn't have intellistream.....
  • I have no issues playing online when playing on my own. When I try playing online in a party (with 2 PC's on the same internet connection) only one person seems to be able to connect to the server; the other one gets disconnected.

I'll test some router settings later and see if there's anything on my end causing the issue. If I find anything, I'll report back.
  • Xer0Signal
    13 postsPosts: 14
    Brentbrw wrote: »

And me...

Maybe now there's video of what everyone clearly described, maybe Respawn can respond?

lol. They've had plenty of examples so far across multiple threads. I'm just adding to the pile. They still won't say anything.
  • Brentbrw wrote: »
    Yo,
    I found a solution that seems to work for XB1, not sure how it will affect the PC or PS4 users. But i noticed my router logs indicated it was blocking traffic to TCP port 23 so i set that to port forward 23 to my XB1 and that seemed to fix all disconnect issues i was running into! Hope this helps someone!

This did not work for me. Still times me out of every game

Sorry for the delayed response, that fix worked for me for a while but then when I logged been in yesterday it was back to the server timing out. I checked back in my router logs and it was now blocking a different inbound port (It seems to be a router/server compatibility related issue), I think the server seems to be sending a high volume of traffic or spamming a certain port and some routers are flagging it as an attack and blocking it. Just a guess based on my personal router network log and comments from people changing theirs to a dmz to get it to work. However I am confused as to why I am seeing the inbound port coming from the server jump all over the place, I would have figured with it being xbox live that the ports would be static, hence all the port forwarding/triggering to get the open NAT. Sometimes it will even cause my internet to drop on all of the devices connected to that router. Very strange.
  • Jmar2554
    1 postsPosts: 1
    Couldn't play a single game until tonight. I tried the direct connecting from modem and I've had no issues 5 games in.

Not a big gamer but I do have a better than average and newer modem. Have no issues with other games. I'm not replacing my modem that I have zero issues with on everything else.

I play with a ps4.
  • Xer0Signal
    13 postsPosts: 14
    edited November 2016
    Yo! Can confirm that (if you have a Belkin router) turning off Intellistream fixed it for me. I actually finished a match!
  • Minighost244
    10 postsPosts: 10
    edited November 2016
    Let's hope. I've been hyped for this game for a long time. And it sucks when my friends are all playing without me. I could be playing Forza horizon 3 with my other friends...

Yeah, same.
    I checked back in my router logs and it was now blocking a different inbound port (It seems to be a router/server compatibility related issue), I think the server seems to be sending a high volume of traffic or spamming a certain port and some routers are flagging it as an attack and blocking it.

The router isn't blocking it (or so it seems, maybe I'm delusional), it simply cannot handle the immense load shoved into it. This is called a "UDP Flood", usually referenced when getting a DDoS attack (a user deliberately floods another's router, causing lag). However, in this case, you aren't getting DDoS'd, the server is just sending too much infomation. Since your router is programmed to protect you, it stops the flow of information, thinking it to be a DDoS attack. IronicCodeine found a similar problem.
    Checking back in.
    Set up a Hotspot on my phone, and what would you know, it runs smooth as butter. Finished up, reconnected to my router, and not 3 minutes into a match I get kicked back to the main menu, and was unable to join after that.

Checking the logs, it's another UDP flood.

Just a note for some people : a new modem wouldn't help, as it's a router issue, and a fairly simple one to take care if Belkin wasn't trying to play safe with your connection. Unfortunately you can't override that particular safety setting, at least one on my model, so there's no client side way to fix it.

Possible fixes? Easy. Double checking all the logs I've saved, it seems Respawn is using almost every port from 100 - 40000. Probably a coder shortcut to allow better peer to peer connections, but it also means that it's flooding the router when it sends all those out at one time. An easyish solution would be to either A ) greatly limit the ports asked for or B ) add a "Throttled" network mode to the settings that lets you choose the one and only port the game will use. I know Warframe does something like that, but I have no idea how easy it is to implement.

Kind of a long comment, I know.
    But hey, I hope I could help some people who are frustrated about the disconnecting issue.
    Like IronicCodeine said, a new router wouldn't help, so it's up to Respawn to fix their servers.
  • Jacket785
    157 postsPosts: 162 ✭✭

That did not solve my problem. Considering my router doesn't have intellistream.....

That fix is only specific to Belkin Routers. If you have a NETGEAR or any other router then check to see if it has a Game Mode feature or something similar to Intellistream that the Belkin Routers have. Turning off this kind of feature should allow you to play full matches. I'm able to play full matches on my Belkin Router now.
    "My expectations are usually low, so that I'm not disappointed"

• azprodigy wrote: »
    It was my router. I finally dragged all my stuff down to hardwire and sure enough I can play games no problem. My Belkin nb600 does not work with this game. If you are getting kicked at the drop ship or shortly after it's because your router doesn't work with this specific game. Thanks Respawn.

Hey, I did what some other players did and turned off intellistream in my router settings and it worked! I was able to play without a problem
  • BetaDaysUK
    11 postsPosts: 12
    Fixed. Not an acceptable outcome but replacing my router resolved the issue for me. I replaced the standard Technicolour router my ISP gave me for a Linksys, and the issue no longer occurs.

Not great Respawn. Not great.
  • Brentbrw
    Brizzy0518 wrote: »
    azprodigy wrote: »
    It was my router. I finally dragged all my stuff down to hardwire and sure enough I can play games no problem. My Belkin nb600 does not work with this game. If you are getting kicked at the drop ship or shortly after it's because your router doesn't work with this specific game. Thanks Respawn.

Hey, I did what some other players did and turned off intellistream in my router settings and it worked! I was able to play without a problem
    Update.. apparently my router was hiding the intellistream option.
    Disabled.. and its working. So good luck out there folks
  • cobrarsnake1
    12 postsPosts: 12
    Shiny, they had posted on Reddit that it is working as intended and that our routers are to blame. Looks like Respawn is the new Bungie when it comes to customer service.
  • Shiny, they had posted on Reddit that it is working as intended and that our routers are to blame. Looks like Respawn is the new Bungie when it comes to customer service.

We're holding it wrong?

Where is the Reddit comment I feel that they can't be bothered to respond to customers here, but Reddit is really public and I feel like venting at them
  • Actually - where do I claim my refund? IT's either their shoddy code is worthy of a simple refund, or I start legal action against them - for their shoddy code
  • MDKSmokie
    1 postsPosts: 1
    Having the same issues on XB1, during the day(UK timezone) I can play multiplayer fine, then around 5pm it stops allowing me into matches giving me the message "your connection has timed out". This happens almost every time I try to connect to a match usually it happens in the loading screen before the dropship, then when I finally get into a match it will kick me back out at some point. Even with my XB1 hooked up to my modem( sky modem, no router) with an ethernet cable I still get this issue. Can play any other game online with no issues.
  • MDKSmokie wrote: »
    Having the same issues on XB1, during the day(UK timezone) I can play multiplayer fine, then around 5pm it stops allowing me into matches giving me the message "your connection has timed out". This happens almost every time I try to connect to a match usually it happens in the loading screen before the dropship, then when I finally get into a match it will kick me back out at some point. Even with my XB1 hooked up to my modem( sky modem, no router) with an ethernet cable I still get this issue. Can play any other game online with no issues.

About 5pm (GMT) is when it dies for me also - even on other datacentres
  • Assassio
    17 postsPosts: 19
    Wow they are seriously blaming us for this on Reddit?

Lol what a joke.
  • YPSAN wrote: »
    I don't have this kind of setting on my router but I'm not going to bother replacing it over one game either. This is the first and the last game I purchased from this **** company.

No, I'm blaming it on Respawn, but if they're reading Reddit then perhaps posting there might be more productive. How did that not occur to you before you assumed I had blamed Reddit for Respawn giving the netcode to the office intern?

• That's a slightly different issue - in their case, multiple users on one router
  • Same error time out
  • MDKSmokie wrote: »

Similar thing is happening with me, although for me it dies at 4pm GMT. I'm on PC and have a technicolor modem.
  • Jacket785
    157 postsPosts: 162 ✭✭
    SecondRook wrote: »
    MDKSmokie wrote: »

Similar thing is happening with me, although for me it dies at 4pm GMT. I'm on PC and have a technicolor modem.

This issue might seem separate from the Connection timeouts when you're at the "Preparing to Jump" screen. My question is, has this affected anybody in the US? Cause a lot of times this happens to others in a different country.
    "My expectations are usually low, so that I'm not disappointed"

• MYHEROIZME
    14 postsPosts: 23
    So this happened to me on the Early access, I play on console but had the early access on pc so i played the Campaign there.. I was only able to play one match and have not been able to play any since on PC. whenever i connect this really bad freeze and then it says connection timed out... I dont mind it much since I main xbox... but I can't play with friends on pc if i wanted to. :/ I talked to slothy about it the day of but nothing since. i figured it would be fixed at launch and it still says i cant play pretty much.
  • Minighost244
    10 postsPosts: 10
    This issue might seem separate from the Connection timeouts when you're at the "Preparing to Jump" screen. My question is, has this affected anybody in the US? Cause a lot of times this happens to others in a different country.

I'm in the US and I still get it.