Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

ERROR: Connection to Server timed out!

Comments

• Their silence is kind of gross. I'm going to try and get a refund soon because it's practically unplayable.
  • If you have had the game more than 72 hours, you cannot get a refund. I'm going to start a twitter forum. If you are **** off like me, lets seriously consider class action remedies to get either our money back or action on getting our grievances answered. @3dshift
  • Jacket785
    157 postsPosts: 162 ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I really hope Respawn gives an update on this, cause I'm starting to see more people experience this issue.

"My expectations are usually low, so that I'm not disappointed"

• azprodigy
    31 postsPosts: 31
    It was my router. I finally dragged all my stuff down to hardwire and sure enough I can play games no problem. My Belkin nb600 does not work with this game. If you are getting kicked at the drop ship or shortly after it's because your router doesn't work with this specific game. Thanks Respawn.
  • azprodigy wrote: »
    It was my router. I finally dragged all my stuff down to hardwire and sure enough I can play games no problem. My Belkin nb600 does not work with this game. If you are getting kicked at the drop ship or shortly after it's because your router doesn't work with this specific game. Thanks Respawn.

No, it isn't.

Three days of playing on this router was followed by being incapable of playing... then this morning - fine again. It's going to be server-side and likely poor load handling.

Telling people to buy new routers is just ridiculous and utterly unhelpful.
  • campusteks wrote: »
    If you have had the game more than 72 hours, you cannot get a refund. I'm going to start a twitter forum. If you are **** off like me, lets seriously consider class action remedies to get either our money back or action on getting our grievances answered. @3dshift

That's going to depend on where you are in the world. in the UK or Europe you'd be entitled to a refund - as the game is defective... it's a legal right and nothing they write in the Origin contract can take away that right (in the UK because of the Unfair Terms and Contracts act 1974 - not sure the statute in EU but there's a similar one). I'm holding off on demanding a refund as a) it worked this morning (don't know how long it will stay working) and b) I desperately want EA to see this game as successful, as maybe they wont see the need for microtransactions ... this game fails to make money and it;s back to pay-to-win on every EA game
  • Ok, you guys are right. putting my PC in DMZ does not help. The problem is back again !.
    Respawn, FIX YOUR GAME!!!!!
  • Assassio
    17 postsPosts: 19
    I feel ignored, not a nice feeling.
  • eQuaZ0r
    9 postsPosts: 9
    azprodigy wrote: »
    eQuaZ0r wrote: »
    Well good news - Netgear D7800 X4S has resolved my issue - no problems whatsoever now - and my in game ping is 30ms instead of 50ms when i had a good game before - router has improved all sorts about my internet conneciton in general - however the game clearly has issues with UDP/UPNP or similar that was interacting badly with my old router - no other games have had this so the game needs to be fixed. Wish respawn would comment.
    What system are you on? What router did you have before you made this change? How many games have you consistently played?

i7-2600k
    24gb ram
    GTX970
    SSD Drives for game/OS installation (plenty of free space)
    Win10 Anniversairy Edition update
    Tried:
    Changing network settings, changing firewall, changing AV etc etc etc on PC.
    Changing to DMZ, enabling port forwarding, reducing router firewall on router (Technicolor TG589vac - super cheap VDSL modem supplied by UK ISP SSE (Southern Electric) which is actually "Daisy Internet wholesale" sold as 76d/20u - commonly get 68-70 down and 18-20up. Ping to Datacenter is alwasy sub 15ms with or without issues, internet ping and performance in general is as per expected above. When I did have working games (always just after a router reboot) i had a 50ms+/- ping.

Wireless from the TG589vac has always been miserable with spotty coverage and dropouts - to this end I disabled the wireless on it several months ago and plugged in my old BTHomeHub5 (wired) and used that as a wireless bridge - to great results (Fixed problems I had with Steam Link streaming over wifi) I also have a ASUS POE68 wireless card: https://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/PCEAC68/ and that always gets a great rate to the router (600mb+).

Now I have the Netgear Nighthawk D7800UKS X4s - a netgear ac wireless router with builtin VDSL modem - and it works a charm - data rate to PC is now 1gbs via wifi for example, sync speeds with ISP are higher and more stable (bandwidth graphs are smoother as delivery is better) so now syncing at 72+ and 20 down everytime, in game I now get 30ms+/- ping.

Played 6 games in a row last night, switched game modes (attrition/amped hardpoint/mixtape) etc and no problems, quit game, rebooted PC and still managed to get straight into another game of attrition without problem.

Will see what it's like again tonight but considering how everything acted before I'm full of confidence that swapping my router has resolved the issue. I'm not suggesting for a minute however that respawn should let this be the fix, the fix is clearly something to do with how the game interacts with the router and as such should be patched.
  • azprodigy
    31 postsPosts: 31

No, it isn't.

Three days of playing on this router was followed by being incapable of playing... then this morning - fine again. It's going to be server-side and likely poor load handling.

Never told anyone to buy anything. Simply stating what worked for me. I'm playing every game now just fine in peak hours. Thinking your going to get a refund is laughable because a lot of people are playing this game just fine.
  • IronicCodeine
    10 postsPosts: 10

No, it isn't.

Well there are few different issues that fall under the same symptoms being addressed here. While acquiring a new router won't help everyone, for those with certain models it certainly has helped. And while I won't tell anyone to go get a new router, for now, that is the only easy way to fix it unless you direct line straight into the modem. So clearly, the router is an issue, and unless it doesn't work at all, or there is something else going on that isn't being addressed, I'm fairly convinced that for some of us with "cannot connect to server" issues, it's simply a false flag UDP flood due to the way the network side of things is coded.

Unlesz you can turn off your router's ability to deal with such events completely, there is little you can do client side. This is a programming issue, and one that may take time to fix. Perhaps they are waiting to push out a bunch of smaller fixes at once?

Hopefully Respawn is just working on testing it internally with our collected data and isn't intentionally ignoring us. I have some difficulty believing they would do that, especially with how vocal they have been with players in the past.
  • VldtzSan
    2 postsPosts: 2
    Bought the CD version on Monday, but due to some disc errors I downloaded it, so I guess I could say I got it digitally. I tried to connect via phone hotspot but nothing changes. Just how concerned are Respawn about this?
  • Jacket785
    edited November 2016
    So last night I was actually able to hear some update on the situation on twitter last night. It transitioned from the CEO to the Producer and then a couple of engineeers on this issue. I'll post a few links, but something is better than nothing.

Edit: These aren't in order I know.

s6by6yjkemqw.jpg
    iz2d8ow0xili.jpg
    s646ydg9gx55.jpg
    wsx95jna9z6c.jpg

• VldtzSan
    Jacket785 wrote: »
    So last night I was actually able to hear some update on the situation on twitter last night. It transitioned from the CEO to the Producer and then a couple of engineeers on this issue. I'll post a few links, but something is better than nothing.

Edit: These aren't in order I know.

s6by6yjkemqw.jpg
    iz2d8ow0xili.jpg
    s646ydg9gx55.jpg
    wsx95jna9z6c.jpg

Well that's a relief, hope they patch it soon.
  • Esmailz
    3 postsPosts: 3
    is there any good news ? i can't play the multiplayer
  • Jacket785
    None. All I can really say is show gameplay footage of it, tweet the devs that were in that twitter discussion. Try and reach out. We haven't heard anything from the CM so that means it's up to us to contact the devs.

• Jacket785 wrote: »
    None. All I can really say is show gameplay footage of it, tweet the devs that were in that twitter discussion. Try and reach out. We haven't heard anything from the CM so that means it's up to us to contact the devs.

Of course... I think they can mentally fill-in-the-blanks as far as footage... imagine the drop-ship, the lady yelling about how important this small patch of buildings might be, then jumping out... and being back at the menu screen. A video isn't really going to change the understanding - it's easy to understand what not-being-connected looks like
  • Jacket785

Of course... I think they can mentally fill-in-the-blanks as far as footage... imagine the drop-ship, the lady yelling about how important this small patch of buildings might be, then jumping out... and being back at the menu screen. A video isn't really going to change the understanding - it's easy to understand what not-being-connected looks like

True, but adding in what you notice and additional details so that the can recreate the problem is a step in the right direction.

• At least you get that far
  • Xer0Signal
    13 postsPosts: 14

Contacting the devs isn't working either. Feels to me like they gave up since so few people bought the game. Must be all hands on deck for Star Wars. (Yes I'm bitter)
  • Jacket785
    Xer0Signal wrote: »

Contacting the devs isn't working either. Feels to me like they gave up since so few people bought the game. Must be all hands on deck for Star Wars. (Yes I'm bitter)

The reason they didn't do good in sales was because of the release date they chose. With Battlefield 1 coming out the week before and COD:IW the week after. It was a bad idea to release the game in that month. Had it been released during the winter or spring then it would probably be a different story.

• Esmailz
    the game is working from 1 am to 3 am Egypt time then i got kicked from the game with the same message "server time out"
    it almost every day this happened i don't know why?
  • Minighost244
    10 postsPosts: 10
    Welp, the game is now unplayable. I used to be able to (somewhat) play without disconnecting, but now the server will not let me connect. Like AT ALL. You join, you wait, you connect, you disconnect, you launch multiplayer, you search for a game, repeat. I requested some help from Respawn and EA, but no response. Whatever they're doing to the server, it isn't helping.
  • secret3
    I have the same problem. I'm on PS4 with a Belkin N600DB router. The multiplayer is unplayable, due to always getting the "Connection to server timed out" error before I even get into a game or getting kicked out in the middle of a game with the same error. I've never been able to even finish a match. I hope this gets patched, because the multiplayer is amazing from what I've seen in my brief 2 minute intervals of playing. I've tried picking different data centers with low pings, but nothing works. I'm tired of it.
  • Jacket785
    secret3 wrote: »
    I have the same problem. I'm on PS4 with a Belkin N600DB router. The multiplayer is unplayable, due to always getting the "Connection to server timed out" error before I even get into a game or getting kicked out in the middle of a game with the same error. I've never been able to even finish a match. I hope this gets patched, because the multiplayer is amazing from what I've seen in my brief 2 minute intervals of playing. I've tried picking different data centers with low pings, but nothing works. I'm tired of it.

Access your router and turn off Intellistream. See if this changes anything. I did this a couple a days ago and I'm able to play the game just fine.

• Esmailz

this is work for me
  • Brentbrw
    6 postsPosts: 6
    I'm having the same issue XB1
    I waited to buy this game for this very reason..
    I was afraid there would be server issues despite my FANTASTIC beta experience using the exact same network/settings that I owned during the beta.
    But now I can't even connect to a game.. and it times out.
    Every once and awhile I'll get into a game. But I have yet to finish ONE game. Every single game I've played, I've gotten timed out at a random time..
    I've done it so much it happens normally when I try to respawn.. but it has also randomly times out at other times too... Please.. Respawn make this right. I didn't budget out my finances, and eat nothing but spam for a month so I can afford a game I can't even play...
  • I found a solution that seems to work for XB1, not sure how it will affect the PC or PS4 users. But i noticed my router logs indicated it was blocking traffic to TCP port 23 so i set that to port forward 23 to my XB1 and that seemed to fix all disconnect issues i was running into! Hope this helps someone!
  • Brentbrw
    6 postsPosts: 6
    Yo,
    I found a solution that seems to work for XB1, not sure how it will affect the PC or PS4 users. But i noticed my router logs indicated it was blocking traffic to TCP port 23 so i set that to port forward 23 to my XB1 and that seemed to fix all disconnect issues i was running into! Hope this helps someone!

This did not work for me. Still times me out of every game