Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

ERROR: Connection to Server timed out!

Kyrsed
8 postsPosts: 16
edited October 2016
:'( I get this message EVERY time I try to search for any type of multiplayer game. I hear the sounds of the map loading but remain stuck at a black screen with "jumping to location" until I get the titled error message at the title screen. This has been since launch.
I have power cycled my modem/router/xb1 and have even resorted to re-downloading the digital game and re-installing the update, a very lengthy process. The issue persists. Has been like this even back during the beta after it was updated. I have even attempted port forwarding but this is my only game having the issue. BF1 and TF1 both perform normally.

Comments

• azprodigy
    31 postsPosts: 31
    Same everything for me. Beta and now the full game. XB1. Booted at the jumpship.
  • Same for me as well, i love the campaign and multiplayer (whenever i'm lucky to get a match) but this is really ruining this for me. I play R6Seige and B4 no problem. I hope this thread gets some attention.

Region:Asia
    DC:Singapore(42ms)
  • houndzero
    5 postsPosts: 7
    edited October 2016
    Yep exact same for me, on the xbox one. This only happens later on in the day at around 5 in the evening (uk) any time after that and i can't get on what so ever. every other multiplayer game i play works fine its just this.
  • Wilkostein
    4 postsPosts: 4
    Same here on PS4, been getting it on every match. Hope someone provides a response to this issue....
  • Gunker111
    3 postsPosts: 3
    I'm on PS4 and the same thing happens to me. As soon as I jump from the dropship, the game freezes and the connection to the server times out. It's crazy because the matchmaking is faster than any other game so I think I can rule out my Internet connection.
  • Yeah this is happening to me quite a bit on PS4. Titanfall is the only game I have trouble with. I'm using a wired connection and even uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but can't seem to get a good connection in multiplayer. I've tried different servers and times and days and it is pretty steady. I often time out of games with this error or cannot connect to the games of friends. It seems like I'm often getting kicked after dying, but not always
  • i can't play online every time it loads than i have this massage connection to sever time out
  • Jacket785
    157 postsPosts: 162 ✭✭
    Quick question for all of you. When you bought the game, which version did you get? Digital download or Disc?
    "My expectations are usually low, so that I'm not disappointed"

• azprodigy
    Digital download on X1.
  • Kyrsed
    8 postsPosts: 16
    edited November 2016
    Digital on xb1
  • Jacket785
    I got it for digital download on PS4. Did anyone in this thread get the disc version of the game and experience the same issue? I know it seems unlikely that this is the source of the issue, but it's just a thought.

• Xer0Signal
    13 postsPosts: 14
    Jacket785 wrote: »
    Quick question for all of you. When you bought the game, which version did you get? Digital download or Disc?

Digital on XB1. Getting the same issue.
  • ROUGE1221
    2 postsPosts: 2
    Same can't play the game, campaign was amazing but when I try to play the multiplayer it leaves me on the jumping to location then just says error conection to server timed out. I really hope they fix this issue because i had such high hopes for this game.
  • ROUGE1221
    2 postsPosts: 2
    I got it on disc buy the way since some off y'all were asking if anyone did.
  • Jacket785
    Okay so that verifies that it's not an issue with which format you get the game on.

• Facebrush
    I have same trouble with my ping at 60 then jumps to 100 and out of sync message and kicked internet speed is great and k my game I have problem with online
  • Facebrush
    On ps4 btw
  • Gunker111
    I bought the disc for ps4
  • Bought the disc on Xbox One, most games start and freeze just before leaving the drop ship. Get the timed out message as well. 50 down 9 up, ping of around 16ms to London server and an open NAT. Hoping the issue gets fixed soon
  • I've been getting the same, on Xbox one. I know I don't have the best internet speeds but that isn't the problem. I can play Battlefield 1 just fine. I wonder why that is? Is it because EA decided to focus more support and assets to a game they thought would do better. This is depressing I pre-purchased the game paid 80$ for the collectors edition cause I knew it was worth it but if I cant play the dang game its worthless. Yes the campaign is decent, but I already beaten that, twice. I have a video to show my concerns.
  • diabeetu5
    1 postsPosts: 1
    Same here on PC. Tried multiple data centres. Odd thing is, the game is fine during the day; can play no problem at all. As soon as people start coming on to play in the evening (GMT) I can't play at all, just disconnects me.
  • Xer0Signal
    13 postsPosts: 14
    Has Respawn acknowledged this at all?
  • Jacket785
    Xer0Signal wrote: »
    Has Respawn acknowledged this at all?

Barely, The community manager wanted to see footage of this happening and I showed him along with a few others. However, we have not heard anything else from the CM or the staff at Respawn. I even tried tweeting them and no response.

• azprodigy
    It's a "known issue" but so far a giant middle finger from respawn.
  • azprodigy
    Servers will clear up once COD launches lol.
  • It seems to be becoming commonplace for titles to release in broken, unplayable conditions. Currently this game has just been a waste of money.
  • eQuaZ0r
    9 postsPosts: 9
    So a useless update from me - went to try something else, changed MTU on router (not had any other issues but dropped it to see what happens) - Obviously router reboots, got in, played 3 games nice ping no issues - was chuffed. Took a break of 20 minutes to sort some chores, came back, loaded game, and get disconnected/kicked to menu again first time I try, ad infinitum - so MTU didn't help, but wonder if rebooting router did (again nothing else with issues, before this point router had an uptime and connection uptime of 52 days (since I last turned it off when having some electrical work done)).

I don't want to have to reboot router everytime I play - something needs to be fixed here, no response from ISP regarding traffic management yet but I'm still doubting that anyway. Off to play some BF1 as no joy with TF2 :( :(
  • DrBlubbinger
    13 postsPosts: 15
    edited November 2016
    I have strong lag problems (see here) and when it gets too laggy, I get this message too (it connects to a match, the MP menu screen freezes, then the timeout msg).

So maybe (maybe) this is just a form of maximum lag. The issues might be related.
  • Im having this issue to XB1
  • oNeXuSo
    Glad in a way to find this isn't only happening to me, hopefully we'll have a resolve soon since Respawn are aware and looking into it :smile:

I'm on XB1 preview program with digital dload of the game. Same as others have already posted where game freezes during multiplayer game loading screen then shows connection timing out error. Has been like this since install / release day. Tonight however I managed to get into one or two games at the most before the timeout error happened again, this was also after a modem reboot.