Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

PC Campaign/Settings not Saving

Olduwan
0 postsPosts: 2
edited October 2016
Hi

I've been having trouble making sure the game saves properly. I find that if I run it as admin I can save some of the time (like for instance I was able to generate a .SAV file with my settings and initial progress). However, now I've lost at least 4 levels of campaign progress and it won't overwrite the current .SAV file even if I run as admin.

Any help is appreciated.

Platform: PC
Issue: Game does not save.
Can you reproduce this issue 100% of the time: Yes
Details on how to reproduce the issue: Run .exe as admin/start up game
Processor (CPU): Intel i7 3770 3.5 (overclocked to 4.2)ghz
Graphics Card (GPU): Nvidia GTX 690
Memory: 16GB
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Update

Comments

• Have the same problem. Lost an hour of the campaign that I completed last night. Went to continue today and found that I was back at the start of the level I already completed. If this is going to keep happening I'm honestly not going to bother with the campaign.
  • crzley
    2 postsPosts: 2
    I have the same issue. Really takes the fun out of the game when you have to play the same hour of content to get anything done.
  • I have the same issue too!!! I love titanfall 2 but it's a great problem!!!
  • MarkPhaser
    6 postsPosts: 6
    Same here. Campaign progress is not saving and neither are game settings/key bindings. Please fix this because it has rendered the game completely unplayable.
  • MarkPhaser
    edited November 2016
    I think I found out the reason for the problem. It is because the game is not creating a save/settings folder in My Documents. I have a Respawn/Titanfall folder in My Documents, but nothing for Titanfall 2. I bought Battlefield 1 along with Titanfall 2 and that game is saving everything just fine, so it's an issue specific to Titanfall 2. I tried running the game as administrator but no dice. If anyone has any ideas, please suggest.
  • Dorochenko
    1 postsPosts: 1
    Same problem here. I do have a single savegame.sav in a Titanfall 2 folder in My documents but last night I couldn't continue the first mission in the campaign.
  • Thorildin
    I had the same issue. It *might* be corrected by checking if your actual profile files and folders are set as "hidden" like mine was. So in My Documents I did have a "Respawn" folder but the next ones were set as hidden for some reason.
  • Thorildin wrote: »
    I had the same issue. It *might* be corrected by checking if your actual profile files and folders are set as "hidden" like mine was. So in My Documents I did have a "Respawn" folder but the next ones were set as hidden for some reason.

My folder options are set to view hidden files and I still don't see a Titanfall 2 folder in my documents. There IS a Respawn folder with Titanfall 1 in my documents but no Titanfall 2. What gives?
  • All right, I figured out the solution on my end.

1. Disable cloud saves for Titanfall 2 on Origin (Right click Game Properties->Cloud Saves)
    2. Go to your game folder ("Origin Games/Titanfall2"), right click "titanfall2.exe", go to "Compatibility" tab and tick the option "Run as Administrator".
  • itoy123
    my campaign will only save at the end of each level and it wont save at the checkpoints i have tried reinstalling the game twice and it still wont work. what do i do its ruining the game for me.
  • itoy123
    i quit the game and came back after awhile and it made me start the whole campaign again
  • Dthlyn
    Is there a solution yet. I bought the game and had the issue, which made me return the game eventually. It is really sad that a great game got ruined by such a bug. The worst part is that neither Respawn nor EA does notice there is a problem with the game saving. Such a shame.
  • zoomastigophora
    38 postsPosts: 38 Community Manager
    itoy123 wrote: »
    i quit the game and came back after awhile and it made me start the whole campaign again
    Dthlyn wrote: »
    Is there a solution yet. I bought the game and had the issue, which made me return the game eventually. It is really sad that a great game got ruined by such a bug. The worst part is that neither Respawn nor EA does notice there is a problem with the game saving. Such a shame.

Do you see a Respawn/Titanfall2 folder in your Documents folder?
  • Dthlyn

No I didn't see that. However, there is a folder for Battlefield 1 beta and guildwars2. Not sure what's going on
  • Dthlyn

No I didn't see that. However, there is a folder for Battlefield 1 beta and guildwars2. Not sure what's going on

Those should be the folds successfully created by some other games I played. Don't understand why Titanfall 2 doesn't have one. Based on what I've seen on the internet, this has happened to quite a few people. I would deeply appreciate if someone could help me. After all, I really like the game. Would love to repurchase the game if the bug got fixed.
  • zoomastigophora
    It seems like the game is failing to create the user profile in your Documents folder, which is why none of your settings or campaign progress is being saved. Did the steps posted by mhdazam not work for you? You may also need to disable any anti-virus or security software to see if they're interfering with the game.
  • Dthlyn
    It seems like the game is failing to create the user profile in your Documents folder, which is why none of your settings or campaign progress is being saved. Did the steps posted by mhdazam not work for you? You may also need to disable any anti-virus or security software to see if they're interfering with the game.

No, it didn't work for me.
  • zoomastigophora
    Try making the following folders manually in your documents folder and see if the game is able to save files correctly:

Documents/Respawn/Titanfall2
    Documents/Respawn/Titanfall2/local
    Documents/Respawn/Titanfall2/profile
    Documents/Respawn/Titanfall2/profile/savegames
  • I cannot even click the "load last checkpoint" from the pause menu.
  • Dthlyn
    Try making the following folders manually in your documents folder and see if the game is able to save files correctly:

Documents/Respawn/Titanfall2
    Documents/Respawn/Titanfall2/local
    Documents/Respawn/Titanfall2/profile
    Documents/Respawn/Titanfall2/profile/savegames

I re-bought the game again and tried your solution. Doesn't work. I also bought the BF1 ultimate edition and it worked just fine. It created a file in the Documents. Honestly, I am extremely disappointed with Titanfall 2
  • zoomastigophora
    Sorry to hear that. Just to double check, you're not running any AV or security software?
  • Has there been a solution to this problem yet. My single player is even restarting at the beginning randomly...I have played through the opening battle 6 times now..
    www.VtWProductions.com
  • itoy123 wrote: »

Me Too...this is really frustrating.
    www.VtWProductions.com
  • ubalay
    Typical **** when playing with a port. played for 2 hours, died, started me at the beginning. Ran as administrator, played for 2 hours, started me at the beginning. Origins you can take your game and shove it.
  • saifis
    edited December 2016
    I had the same problem, doing the run as admin and making folders, disabling Antivirus (Norton) did nothing, however creating a new user for windows and running the game worked. I have no idea why, perhaps some setting I had on the original user account. Still a setback if I want to play though.
  • saifis
    edited December 2016
    I think I found out the culprit, its Onedrive, I found that for some reason onedrive will have the directories cloud saved, but will not save it to mydocuments, after disabling Onedrive the files were successfully created
  • pfeerick
    edited December 2016
    Ah... you know what... posted in the wrong thread! Sorry! :'(
  • I too strongly suspect OneDrive has something to do with the save game loading bug...

Please fix it already!
  • zoomastigophora
    For people having issues, does disabling OneDrive reliably solve it?
  • Josiahdu
    Disable OneDrive really works for me.