Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Audio Crackling and Popping

Comments

• Here's what I did and this may actually help some people.
    I tried nixxing the gforce share service. Nothing. I repaired the game..nothing. I deleted all the vpks and repaired...nothing. I already run a fairly clean ship in terms of services but I made sure it was basically nothing but Origin and TF2...nothing. Turned off in the Origin in game overlay..nothing. I finally hit that mission where it's ALLLLLLLL those titans storming the wall and trying to get to the ship, CPU was pegged at 100, controls were drifty, input was happening well after I hit it..kept dying..kept trying to push further..choppy awful sounding mess and I'm using an Audigy X-Fi, not on board sound either. Well, I tried something and this FINALLY worked. I went into my task manage and gave the game an above normal priority and set the 2 QTWebEngine tasks to below normal. This actually helped. It wasn't a pure fix but things were very manageable then. My card is a 960 and the framerate was actually good all throughout this mess but the action was skipping all around like when you have 400 ping to a game server. I want to like this game as much as I liked TF1 but this audio **** is putting a major dent in it. I really thought this last mission was going to be where I stopped playing.
  • SneakyGemini
    10 postsPosts: 11
    edited November 2016
    Hmm, I don't want to jump the gun here but I seem to have drastically reduced the amount the issue happens on my rig but i'm not 100% sure what step helped. Maybe others should/could test.

1. Changed audio format to lowest ( 16 bit - 44100 Hz )
    2. Disabled every single audio device (I had 6 that needed to be disabled) except 1 my on-board playback device (realtek speakers), had to disable all the nvidia related ones and the ones related to my HDMI TV and also my mic for testing purposes.
    3. Made a shortcut to Titanfall 2 on my desktop and use it to start the game.
    4. Disabled origin in-game interface.

Now I seem to be having temp issues with my GTX 760 but it is really hot here in Australia lately so that plays quite a large part, it was at 88 degrees so I got a bit worried n stopped testing since it's around lunchtime here right now.
  • Same problem
  • It's 2016 guys. Why do we have 6 volume sliders but;
    no maximum channels?
    no audio quality settings?
    no Borderless built into the game?
    Surround sound locked to the default!
    I'm impressed we've been graced with so many graphical options by comparison!
  • Same problem
  • SneakyGemini
    Hmm, I don't want to jump the gun here but I seem to have drastically reduced the amount the issue happens on my rig but i'm not 100% sure what step helped. Maybe others should/could test.

1. Changed audio format to lowest ( 16 bit - 44100 Hz )
    2. Disabled every single audio device (I had 6 that needed to be disabled) except 1 my on-board playback device (realtek speakers), had to disable all the nvidia related ones and the ones related to my HDMI TV and also my mic for testing purposes.
    3. Made a shortcut to Titanfall 2 on my desktop and use it to start the game.
    4. Disabled origin in-game interface.

Just confirming my issues are solved, I expect is was disabling audio devices except my default one that did it, it seems like titanfall2 is trying to send sound to every possible output or it is at least computing it incase it has to, but that is just a guess from my overloaded cpu issue that is running way better now and rarely at max load.

• Ikuorai
    1 postsPosts: 1
    Checking in. I have this issue as well.
  • I have this issue. I did follow suggestions and disable all playback devices except the specific source I needed. Also set quality to lowest setting for that source. It seemed to work for a short while in campaign but got bad again. Never made an improvement in mulitplayer.
  • DireMass
    1 postsPosts: 2
    I've tried everything and I still get severe audio crackling and popping, it's really annoying and also screws up with the frame rate at times.... Respawn pls fix
  • SiqueKhan
    72 postsPosts: 83
    Same thing here.
    Prepare for Titanfall.
  • Bazing
    I'll throw my hat into the ring. This is the one thing that's ruining my enjoyment of this game.
  • kilix29
    So are they gonna fix this or at least provide a way for us to fix it ourselves I feel like I'd really enjoy the game a whole lot more if this **** annouacne wasn't there.
  • kilix29 wrote: »
    So are they gonna fix this or at least provide a way for us to fix it ourselves I feel like I'd really enjoy the game a whole lot more if this **** annouacne wasn't there.

Honestly I could handle the Audio popping if it didn't also come coupled with major performance issues and HDD destruction.
  • MASTERX1234
    68 postsPosts: 77
    over 70+ replies on this thread and not a single Respawn employee replied yet. Looks like they could care less if we have any issues, oh well the jokes on them i can just refund the game, Keep ignoring us....
  • The_Phyzh
    1 postsPosts: 2
    I also have this problem.
  • Dubbear1994
    2 postsPosts: 2
    edited November 2016
    I got the same issue with that sound.

After i played a while, some sounds got missing.
    my player dont make a sound anymore. i restart the game and it was fixed but the sound problem came back!

The gamesounds is loud enough but without that player sound it sounds so quiet.

it feels like there dont stop the sound so it got more and more to do, and after a while there are to much sounds so that some sounds got missing

EDIT: After i enabled all in the audio menu, the soundbug was gone
  • parkbot
    9 postsPosts: 9
    If you're seeing this issue, please list out your hardware specs (or better yet, follow this template here).

It seems like a majority (if not all) are using nvidia cards.
  • WhiskerTant
    edited November 2016
    I have the same issue, 30 sec after launching the game the sound will begin to crackle and pop. If I select campaign before 30sec of main menu the sound will stay normal throughout the entire campaign. If I select multiplayer the sound will begin to crackle and pop. Once the crackle and pop starts it will not go away until I restart Windows, I can close the game and origin but when I go on youtube or anything with audio the sound is jacked up. Very annoying. all driver are up to date

specs are

Windows 10
    Intel 6700k
    Gigabyte G1 board
    Gigabyte GTX 980TI
    16GB ram
    triple Samsung 850 pro's
    using SoundBlaster ZxRi for audio <--no idea if this is good or not lol
  • LiL_Heathen2085
    edited November 2016
    Been trying to fix this since the last patch still no luck. Makes the sound so obnoxious its pretty much unplayable at least for me. I really love this game and hope they fix this soon...

Specs
    CPU: AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core
    GPU: x2 EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 sli (turned off sli and removed one of the cards with no change)
    RAM: 32gb
    Use onboard sound Realtek HD Audio and Steelseries Siberia 800 Wireless headset with an optical cable (tried a few different cables to make sure that wasn't the problem)
  • Just got mine fixed. What I did was deleted every single file in the (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Titanfall2\vpk) folder, opened origin and right click/repair Titanfall 2 and it downloaded all the files I deleted and installed them. Game runs perfect now. Hope this helps!
  • The Soundbug only happen to me when i get out of the game ( Alt + Tab, Windows key ) and then after a while several sounds disappear.

CPU: I5-3450 @ 3.10Ghz
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 OC
    RAM: 16 GB

if i run the game in window mode it is at the beginning there the soundbug
  • I went through a ton of troublshooting with EA support. I did all the suggestions listed here, then did all the EA support suggestons which essentially amounted to uninstalling Origin and Titanfall 2 and re-installing. No help. It's completely unplayable for me the sound is so garbled.

Win 10
    AMD|8-CORE FX-9590 4.7G
    MSI 990fxa mainboard, onboard sound
    16 GB RAM
    GeForce GTX 980TI
  • Mitnz
    I'm join here as well. Same issue as described. Crackled, popping audio. I've removed the VBK files, repaired install, moved from an SSD to a HDD, performed a full reinstall, disabled all other audio devices, uninstall NVIDEA HD audio drivers. Nothing works.

Full specs are pointless, the only common theme i'm seeing here is WIN 10. In the audio menu it does say my windows audio is 7.1. Im using a wireless G930 headset.

I've configured my headset every which way possible, no go. This issue makes this completely unplayable as it gives me a terrible headache after a few minutes.
  • NastussMeathead
    5 postsPosts: 5
    edited November 2016
    Did some more troubleshooting with EA support. Totally useless. They will not focus on the game at all, just a standard list of: reinstall origin, reinstall titanfall 2, update drivers, ccleaner, clean boot, blah blah blah. I point out to them that there are others on forums with same issue and that my others games work just fine. If EA or Respawn would just ACKNOWLEDGE the issue and let us know something will be addressed in an update I'd be fine. EA's ridiculous support steps aren't getting me or anyone else the resolution we need.
  • Mitnz
    Did some more troubleshooting with EA support. Totally useless. They will not focus on the game at all, just a standard list of: reinstall origin, reinstall titanfall 2, update drivers, ccleaner, clean boot, blah blah blah. I point out to them that there are others on forums with same issue and that my others games work just fine. If EA or Respawn would just ACKNOWLEDGE the issue and let us know something will be addressed in an update I'd be fine. EA's ridiculous support steps aren't getting me or anyone else the resolution we need.

Agreed. This Thread has been open for 2 weeks without response. I unfortunately put in for a refund on the game. It breaks me heart because I love Titanfall 1, reached Gen10 and all that but, this is simply unplayable. If they would simply acknowledge the issue and promise it will be fixed soon, i'd keep the game, but I'm not wasting $60 to be ignored.
  • parkbot
    9 postsPosts: 9
    Mitnz wrote: »

Agreed. This Thread has been open for 2 weeks without response. I unfortunately put in for a refund on the game. It breaks me heart because I love Titanfall 1, reached Gen10 and all that but, this is simply unplayable. If they would simply acknowledge the issue and promise it will be fixed soon, i'd keep the game, but I'm not wasting $60 to be ignored.

I posted to the Titanfall reddit here since some Respawn folks maintain a presence there:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5a1ruz/guidelines_for_submitting_an_issue_you_are_having/da1ibib/

They have acknowledged some stuttering issues (as mentioned in the reply), but it's not clear to me that these are all related. Anyway, you may want to consider posting to that thread too.
  • SneakyGemini
    After OC'ing my machine it is happening less but still occurs, something in the game is causing the cpu to be @ 100% load, and some of the people in here have insanely fast cpu's so it doesn't seem normal at all.

I've seen them acknowledge the issue in various places, so hopefully they'll have this bug squished soon.
  • nextnomura
    3 postsPosts: 3
    edited November 2016
    same problem for me, crackling sound then get low frame rate and intense stutter. A lot people experiencing this and no fix until now.... sigh...

here is my DxDiag: http://pastebin.com/QBGdb5te
    (I don't know why I can't attach the file)
  • Same issue here, too. Tried playing with the sound settings and starting Titfall2.exe with high priority settings, didn't remediate the issue, though.
  • Just adding my two cent.

Performance issues and crackling audio, as mentioned by everyone.

Also using a 980Ti.