Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Audio Crackling and Popping

So i have downloaded Titanfall 2 and the audio unpacker doesn't seem to have appeared at all on my screen also when i go into the game i get this horrible crackling with the audio both in single player and multiplayer. I have not been able to find a solution so far from browsing the web, can someone help please. also i have checked and it is not my headset i have tried it with some earphones as well and i get the same issue. i have also tried re-downloading the game on a separate drive and the problem is still there

Comments

• magnum2005
    1 postsPosts: 1
    i have the same problem. any answers yet?
  • Have same problem!
  • GOD_Mr_GRiM
    6 postsPosts: 7
    edited October 2016
    I just completed the Campaign and had the crackle all the way through, I thought maybe is was meant to be some sort of ambient noise, whatever it is though I want it off, if it's also in multiplayer then I wont be able to keep playing this game, you would think this problem would have more people complaining about it, it pretty much ruins the whole game.

Also noticed in the audio settings it's set to Windows 5.1 surround and there is no way to change it even though I am using stereo headphones, would also be nice to have a volume control for the music in campaign like there is for multiplayer.
  • magnum2005 wrote: »
    i have the same problem. any answers yet?

no answers yet i will keep searching though
  • I just completed the Campaign and had the crackle all the way through, I thought maybe is was meant to be some sort of ambient noise, whatever it is though I want it off, if it's also in multiplayer then I wont be able to keep playing this game, you would think this problem would have more people complying about it, it pretty much ruins the whole game.

Also noticed in the audio settings it's set to Windows 5.1 surround and there is no way to change it even though I am using stereo headphones, would also be nice to have a volume control for the music in campaign like there is for multiplayer.

it seems to be worse in the multiplayer also in my settings it is set to 7.1 i have tried 3 different headsets and all 3 do the same thing even with the option changed when i have earphones plugged in so that didn't help
  • Yea, I'm noticing audio stuttering in both multiplayer and single player. It seems like it mostly happens when there's a big fight, or when there's just a lot of gunfire going off. While not game breaking it still annoying.
  • Saddler08
    4 postsPosts: 5
    Hey guys I had this similar issue. All I did was a repair on titanfall within the origin client. Fixed it for me. Hope for the best!

-Saddler
  • I have just deleted all the vpk files and doing a repair to download them all again, hopefully this will fix it, I will post back if it does.
  • If you guys are using a logitech 7.1 headset, thats probably why.

Dolby digital 7.1 is NOT very good. And I had this issue in a lot of games, changed headset and boom, problem gone

Youll either have to switch to 2.1 sound or leave it
  • I have just deleted all the vpk files and doing a repair to download them all again, hopefully this will fix it, I will post back if it does.

any luck?
  • What kind of headset did you switch to/recommend? I might consider switching cus my logitech set is kinda old anyways.
  • TheGoldieFoxx
    3 postsPosts: 5
    edited October 2016
    What kind of headset did you switch to/recommend? I might consider switching cus my logitech set is kinda old anyways.

It depends. If you want better sounding audio the choices are very open. (virtual 7.1 is kinda gimmicky anyway, dont hunt for that)

But if you do want good surround sound. I got an ASUS STRIX 7.1, which is a TRUE 7.1 headset

The actual audio quality isnt as good as my other headsets, but its miles better in terms of directional precision compared to anything else ive had

I use the strix for surround in csgo
    and the new logitech 633 (in stereo mode) for anything else.

• rohatsu
    8 postsPosts: 9
    same on astro a40, via both - digital cable and usb....
  • rohatsu wrote: »
    same on astro a40, via both - digital cable and usb....

disable any surround sound options both ingame and for your headset.

This crackling issue is quite common on virtual 7.1 headsets (which the astro a40 is)
  • parkbot
    9 postsPosts: 9
    edited October 2016
    I have the same issue. It's terrible for me, and it gets worse under heavy load (and disappears during the movie scenes). I noticed they are aware of some PC audio stuttering issues:
    https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/5297/known-issue-tracking/p1?new=1
  • yehaaa6
    21 postsPosts: 21
    also having this issue. it makes playing multiplayer quite difficult. I lose frames when it happens, or maybe just all the sounds happening along with the visuals loses me frames. but the audio popping is a bit annoying.
  • What kind of headset did you switch to/recommend? I might consider switching cus my logitech set is kinda old anyways.

currently i use a corsair void 7.1 surround sound usb headset and i have even tried it with a few other pairs of headphone both audio jack and usb but the issue stays consistant
  • DogeMcFly
    2 postsPosts: 2
    yehaaa6 wrote: »
    also having this issue. it makes playing multiplayer quite difficult. I lose frames when it happens, or maybe just all the sounds happening along with the visuals loses me frames. but the audio popping is a bit annoying.
    same im losing frames and it always happens when there is a big gunfire going on
  • Saddler08
    4 postsPosts: 5
    I'm starting to have this issue again as well. Seems like the repair didn't work.
  • parkbot
    9 postsPosts: 9
    edited November 2016
    Platform: PC
    Issue: audio crackles in both single player and multi player modes. It gets worse under heavy load.
    Can reproduce 100% of the time? Yes.
    Details on how to reproduce issue: Always happens during game play with heavy load.

Region: NA
    ISP: CenturyLink
    Connection speed: 12 Mbps theoretical. 7 Mbps measured.
    Processor: AMD A10-5700
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX960
    Memory: 8 GB

Edit: video (skip to 32s):

• PsyklonZ
    edited November 2016
    I'm getting the same issue. I thought I fixed it by disabling the HD Audio drivers in device manager, since I have a Xonar DG audio card. It was fine all day yesterday but I came back today and the audio popping is as bad as ever.

The degraded audio is also accompanied by reduced framerates. I was getting better framerates yesterday as well.
  • Rhazerr
    Having the same issue. No fix has worked. Devs aware of this by chance?
  • Same problem I've tried everything suggested with no change. I reinstalled the audio drivers which fixed the problem for a while but it started coming back and gradually got worse till the game was unplayable. I didn't get the FPS drop till after the latest patch.
  • Skipshrike
    I've experienced this with two USB audio devices. I've noticed that the distorted (watery-sounding with a mix of static) noise is most apparent while 1) in a titan 2) the sound is farther away 3) lots of different noises are happening at once.

I did not have this problem in Titanfall 1 with either USB audio device. No other game/program has this issue.

I'm using:
    Sennheiser pc363D
    Schiit Modi
  • BetaDaysUK
    11 postsPosts: 12
    edited November 2016
    Experiencing the same issue on PC. Only really noticed it in multiplayer and in particular when a lot is going on the screen (heavy load). Will try and do a recording later to share so hopefully it can be looked at (along with the disconnection bug I'm experiencing) :(

UPDATE: Footage/audio of issue on PC

• BetaDaysUK wrote: »
    UPDATE: Footage/audio of issue on PC

This is exactly the issue I am having. Its really frustrating and ruining games as there's no audio queues for what going on!

Thanks for posting the video.
  • I feel after the recent update the sound popping actually got worse. I tried a repair and that didn't work either.
  • Also have this problem since the patch, even with everything turned down to low. I tried repairing, using stereo speakers, uninstalled AMD hd audio driver. Nothing works. MP isn't really playable like this.
  • Platform: PC
    Issue: Degrading sound, accompanied by ping spikes and lowering framerate
    Can you reproduce this issue 100% of the time: Yes
    Details on how to reproduce the issue: Playing any MP mode for more than 10 seconds. Singleplayer takes longer, sometimes a couple of minutes.

Processor (CPU): Intel i5-3570k
    Graphics Card (GPU): Nvidia Geforce GTX 960
    Memory:16 GB
    Operating System: Windows 10 (with Anniversary update)

I had this issue before the last patch and now, after, it has become significantly worse.
  • sgpigeon
    I have the same issue.
    PC, i52500k 970gtx.
    I feel like it happens on a level when titans start coming out.
    It doesn't happen every game, I can go a few games with no issues.
    I have to restart client to fix it.