Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Black screen after launching multiplayer

2»

Comments

  • Wingem11
    9 postsPosts: 10
    sweet!
  • Sledge70
    148 postsPosts: 227 Community Manager
    edited October 2016
    @Wingman709 Can you let us know what router you're using?
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer70
    Sledgehammer70
  • Wingem11
    9 postsPosts: 10
    edited October 2016
    I am using a belkin router...n300xr
  • I was also using a belkin router. I wish to turn my firewall again. Can you guys please fix this.
  • Sledge70
    148 postsPosts: 227 Community Manager
    @king_trazzy If the game runs without issues with your firewall off, you have some other settings on your router preventing you from connecting.
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer70
    Sledgehammer70
  • I tether from t mobile phone every other game works fine and I dont know how to access setting to adjust security so I guess Im just screwed really tho this is the only game that will not play Im very dissapointed if anyone knows how to adjust tethering settings from a t mobile phone allowing me to open security to where I can apperantly play please let me know however I doubt I will get a reply havnt really gotten any help here just crickets
  • Sledge70
    148 postsPosts: 227 Community Manager
    Can a few community members having this issue post a video or screenshots of what is exactly happening here?
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer70
    Sledgehammer70
  • Well everything works fine can select match it finds players and connects fast then goes to loading screen when the match begins the screen stays black most of the time u can hear gunfire and objective announcements u can pause the game to quit but the pause menu is also black 80 percent of the time 3 mins goes by and I get kicked with MSG saying server. Timed out the other 20 percent I appear on map for maybe 2 seconds at the most then time freezes and Im kicked with the same msg
  • However like I have been saying I have played any other game with success but I am unable to adjust firewall settings etc. Due to the internet source I use.I tether from my t mobile phone its all I got but has never failed I truly feel that this is an issue on yalls end but if you have any info on how to access the security and firewall setting thrust T-mobile phone I would love that information but I dont believe it is possible I called t mobile and how they explained it its all wide open no firewall or anything just straight forward internet. So I truly dont know
  • G_Moeen
    2 postsPosts: 2
    I'm having the same problem on ps4 exactly as SmOkEsABiLLiON. I jump into a multiplayer match the screen stays black, you can hear the game is loaded and people are playing. I can press the option button to leave the same and go to the settings. But cant play the actual multiplayer match.
    Sledge70 wrote: »
    Can a few community members having this issue post a video or screenshots of what is exactly happening here?

    its just a black screen, can't get a video for you atm, but all my friends are having the exact same problem. Its very annoying!!!!
  • SlayerKrell
    521 postsPosts: 682 ✭✭✭
    I had this happen, but after the cut-scene length the game started and I spawned - it went to normal.
  • It's happening with me as well, I play on PS4, and every time I click on the multiplayer button it shows the loading thing in the bottom right corner then just vanishes and leaves a black screen.
  • Magikf1ngers
    4485 postsPosts: 4,538 mod
    It's happening with me as well, I play on PS4, and every time I click on the multiplayer button it shows the loading thing in the bottom right corner then just vanishes and leaves a black screen.

    I urge you to either contact EA support, or post up in the PS4 or General Discussion parts of the forums. These are fan-based forums, and Respawn hasn't officially supported Titanfall 2 since December of 2017. We do have some knowledgeable PS4 folks, though, that can probably help. It'll be better than resurrecting a two year old thread. Closing this one for now.
    Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

    "Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!