Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Black screen after launching multiplayer

Wingem11
9 postsPosts: 10
Platform: PS4
Issue: Black screen when trying to play multiplayer
Can you reproduce this issue 100% of the time: Yes
Details on how to reproduce the issue: I would start up the game, click multiplayer, than it would just be a black screen, after 10 mins or so it says connection to server timed out.
If you're having connectivity problems or issues in regards to lag etc. please provide the following:
Region: USA
Internet Service Provider (ISP): Time Warner Cable Internet
Connection Speed: Download speed is 54.4mbps and upload is 2.7

Comments

• I hate to be annoying I just really want to confirm that this is an issue multiple are having and that its not me I am a huge Titanfall fan I am just wondering what's going on with this multiplayer do i need to reinstall or what's up I bought the hard copy on Xbox one slim my internet is not amazing however all games I play online have 0 lag so Im very confused right now sorry to bother again Im just in need of some information here
  • Xbox north America t mobile unlimited internet (max speed no data cap) seems shady but its as fast as broadband and plays any other game
  • Just got home not a thing has changed and not a single reply about this issue from u guys. Thanks alot 60 bucks poof gone and I dont even have a reason for this.
  • azprodigy
    31 postsPosts: 31
    Mine is doing the same thing since the beta. I thought it was a beta issue but every time it launches me into a game I get booted in the drop ship. Had this since launch and haven't played one multiplayer game.
  • Wow Im kinda happy just knowing its not just me Lol ya Im playing campaign slow hopefully I can play normally Im kicked before seeing anything a few times it will freeze in drop ship and some times it teases me and I will get 3 seconds of mobility before the time freezes but none the less I either have yet to play one match.
  • azprodigy
    Yup same exact thing. Sucks I can only do so much campaign before I'm bored, Whats funny is I tried TF1 and it worked fine lol. And all my other online games work fine. Im on X1 by the way.
  • I have another post saying same thing every other game I own works absolutely fine maybe a random Lil lag spike nothing big every 6 hours or so which I feel would be mostly normal well Tbh it looks like the primary concern is PC I havnt heard anything from them about this so I guess we on the waiting list lol
  • azprodigy
    Ya this sucks.
  • It does campaign is really nice the ill give me that so far not very far at all but its nice
  • azprodigy
    Ya campaign is cool gotta give them props on that.
  • *it does. The campaign is really nice tho,ill give them that."
  • Chatting keeps this at the top of the list I think
  • azprodigy
    ya they need to fix this.
  • Having the same issue... I've played a few games with mates, but 3 out of every 4 games I join shows the map screen, then just black screen all the way until the end of the game - or it will disconnect me and boot me to the main menu.

I've seen videos online of the screen going black mid game, but this isn't like that, I don't see anything of the actual map or the dropship where you start... I can pause the game and edit my class and titan, and adjust my settings, and I can hear the game going on, but no visuals, not even the HUD.

I'm on PS4 - Gamertag James_Wainwright, I bought the disk version of the game and It's starting to really **** me off.
  • SmOkEsABiLLiON
    25 postsPosts: 29
    edited October 2016
    Come on can anyone help us with this there is a few of us dealing with exact same issue . I did not by this game for a campaign experience. Please respond
  • Its like ya dont care give made 6 posts and it like all refuse to respond even clarify u understand the issue. This is a very horrible experience
  • Wingem11
    I am having the same issue. I have a PS4 and the campaign is good and all, but I really bought it for the online mode. Still haven't had a chance at all. Just goes to a black screen and says connection to server timed out. I'm running 50mbps and I play other online games just fine. Its just this game that is giving me trouble lately. Need a solution to the problem. Thanks.
  • Ya Idk they havnt said anything about this problem and its been the same since beta with the issues they they have with CPU I feel like we are being ignored we need to press this issue hard together for the people who suffer from the black screen connection issue
  • Wingem11
    Platform: PS4

Issue: Black screen when trying to play multiplayer

Can you reproduce this issue 100% of the time: Yes

Details on how to reproduce the issue: I would start up the game, click multiplayer, than it would just be a black screen, after 10 mins or so it says connection to server timed out.

If you're having connectivity problems or issues in regards to lag etc. please provide the following:

Region: USA

Internet Service Provider (ISP): Time Warner Cable Internet

Connection Speed: Download speed is 54.4mbps and upload is 2.7
  • Well on my way home cant wait to be dissapointed yet again
  • Wingem11
    hey so i think i fixed my problem. i just finished a game and was able to play a full game and everything
  • Dude I have the same problem, and I also have Timewarner. This is frustrating.
  • Wingem11
    I just fixed my issue actually
  • How did you fix it
  • Same problem
  • Wingem11
    well the issue was my router. i disabled my firewall and tone down my security on my router and it worked fine now. so tweak your router and it might work
  • How
  • Tell meerrrr lol
  • Wingem11
    check my other post i made. it should be above this one
  • IT WORKED!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!