Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Titanfall2 exe has stopped working

BL00DEE_Z
0 postsPosts: 1
Has anyone had this issue? Every time I launch the game, I immediately get a white screen with the error that Titanfall 2 has stopped working and am booted back to the Origin launcher. I have the most recent Nvidia driver and am running on a MSI Stealth Pro laptop with an Intel 6 gen core I7 6700hq and a GEForce GTX 1060. Anyone know of a resolution to this issue? I tried repairing the game and got it to launch successfully once but since then, it crashes every time. Any help would be very greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Same!! Anyone know how to fix this?
  • Sledge70
    148 postsPosts: 227 Community Manager
    edited October 2016
    Are you getting any sort of error code?

Please post the following details. (Not sure your system specs? Go to Start-> Search-> type ‘Dxdiag’ -> Hit enter)
    • Processor (CPU): Intel or AMD + the CPU model number (Sample: Intel i5 4690 or AMF FX 8230)
    • Graphics Card (GPU): AMD or Nvidia Model Number
    • Memory: XXGB
    • Operating System: Windows XX
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer70
    Sledgehammer70
  • goodtimejd
    1 postsPosts: 1
    edited October 2016
    Same problem! The game worked fine for one session and now this every time! There is no error code. Simply:

"Titanfall 2 has stopped working"

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Looks like EA's games work about as well as their Origin client. Absolute nightmare. Thanks EA!

Intel I7 6700HQ

NVIDIA GTX 1060 (mobile)

16GB Ram

Windows 10
  • Sledge70
    148 postsPosts: 227 Community Manager
    Are you running the latest Nvidia drivers and can you outline the video settings you're running?
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer70
    Sledgehammer70
  • Having the same issue, but I've never into the game at all so idk what settings are running. Every time I launch the screen goes black for a few seconds, then goes white and I get the "Titanfall 2 has stopped working" error.

specs:

Intel i5 6600k

Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition (driver version is 375.70, which is the latest)

16gb RAM

Windows 10
  • This has also been happening to me. Sometimes the game will start just fine, but most times, I have the same thing happen as LtTennisBall described. When it does run, it doesn't remember my Fullscreen setting, and I have to go in and manually reset it from Windowed. I've tried enabling "Run as Administrator" from the app settings, and one (sort of) solution was to use the Windows 10 troubleshooter, which decided to run the game with Windows 8 compatibility turned on. However, when I try that, sometimes the game won't let me pick a resolution higher than 1920 x 1080. My normal settings are for 2560 x 1440 resolution, since both my GPU and my monitor can support it.

Specs:

Windows 10
    Geforce GTX 100
    Driver version 375.70
    Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4GHz
    16GB RAM
    2560x1440, 144Hz

*EDIT
    I think I fixed it. I clicked the settings icon for the game in Origin, and chose "Repair Game". Now I don't need to enable Windows 8, and it's run 3 times in a row without the issue occurring. It still boots in windowed mode, but whatever, at least it runs!

• I've tried repairing a few times and it makes no difference, unfortunately. I've also redownlaoded and reinstalled the game, forced it to different resolutions (1920x1080 is my native res, but I thought it was worth a shot), launched as an administrator, in compatibility mode, etc. Nothing works. I've literally never actually gotten in game, I get the same error in about 5 or 6 seconds every single time.

Kind of at a loss of what to do, at this point.
  • Ok I have no idea why this works, but I seem to have fixed it. Right click the game, go to game properties and disable Origin in game. It works when I do that. I turned origin in game back on to check if it was a fluke, it crashed. No idea what this is fixing, but that seems to solve my problem. Will update if it crashes again even with that setting on.
  • idziejez
    "Have same problem. During loading, just after RESPAWN appear - game collaps, white screen and "Titanfall2 exe has stopped working" . installed game twice, all drivers updated. HELP!!

Intel I7, GeForce 965M, 2gb.. should be working...
  • dell1520
    Good day, Got the same problem, game stop working, checked on youtube, from the first titanfall. select Single monitor for Laptop is Working Fine for me. Just want to help.

Gtx 9070 . WIn 10,

THanks

roger
  • Saapparii
    This is very frustrating because last week I had GTX 970 and I had not a single problem. Then I upgraded to GTX 1070 and now I'm only getting " Titanfall 2 has stopped working " when I'm about to start the game (same with Titanfall 1). If I stop " Origin in-game ", then Titanfall 2 start up but how I'm supposed to play with my friends then?

Processor (CPU): Intel i7-6700k
    Graphics Card (GPU): Nvidia Asus GTX 1070
    Memory: 8GB
    Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit
  • Same issue: MSI GTX 1080, 16GB Windows 10 64bit
  • TadsJ2
    21 postsPosts: 28
    Hello,

Everyone who has a problem with Titanfall 2 and has MSI products (GTX 1070 Gaming here), especially Gaming App installed here is the steps :
    1. Repair the game in origin (press setting on the game , and press repair)
    2. Disable MSI Gaming App function to show your graphic card stats (OSD) in game, i think it overruns some kind of protocols in Titanfall 2 so it insta crashes.

I figured this out myself, please leave posts if it helps you like me, have fun playing.
  • I'm having this same problem with my laptop as well. MSI GTX 970, 16GB Windows 10. If anyone has any other ways to fix this, please let me know.
  • connecteduser
    edited November 2016
    I have found two possible solutions for me. First was to run the game directly from the .exe in the program files folder.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Titanfall2\Titanfall2.exe"

I believe also "Right click the game, go to game properties and disable Origin in game." would do the same thing.

This worked for a few days then stopped working. I remembered that I cranked my graphic settings on the last session so the issue could be related to that.

I used the NVIDIA Ge Force Experience app to reset my settings to the "recommended" settings. The game worked again after that. I only have a 2GB GPU so I suspect that high textures were to much to launch the game. Once in the game I set everything back to high and am again playing the game without any problems.

I also have the MSI gaming app installed and running in the background. If the issue returns I will disable that as recommended.

Good Luck!

• Agent6810
    earlier I had a GTX 970 (worked fine) then I got a GTX 1070 (didn''t work)

and the game wouldn't work

Just did a reinstall , repair, new drivers ....

turning off the NVIDIA Geforce experience fix it
  • ghostdark1977
    edited November 2016
    TadsJ2 wrote: »
    Hello,

Everyone who has a problem with Titanfall 2 and has MSI products (GTX 1070 Gaming here), especially Gaming App installed here is the steps :
    1. Repair the game in origin (press setting on the game , and press repair)
    2. Disable MSI Gaming App function to show your graphic card stats (OSD) in game, i think it overruns some kind of protocols in Titanfall 2 so it insta crashes.

I figured this out myself, please leave posts if it helps you like me, have fun playing.

MSI gtx 1070 work for me. I just done point 2. before i was try almost everyting. THX
  • Harezm
    2 postsPosts: 2
    I have same problem and its really frustrating. If have a free hour, usually I spend more than 20 minutes to fix game opening problem. Im sending my Dxdiag report, I hope someone can help me.

System Manufacturer: MSI
    System Model: MS-7976
    BIOS: 1.C0
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16344MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

Card name: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series
    Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x67B1)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_67B1&SUBSYS_20151462&REV_80
    Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
    Device Problem Code: No Problem
    Driver Problem Code: Unknown
    Display Memory: 16341 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 8169 MB
    Shared Memory: 8171 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: 2D FHD LG TV
    Monitor Id: GSM59C6
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
  • Mosez666
    I have the same issue. But when i had a gtx970 it worked fine. I recently upgraded to a gtx1080 8gb and it wont work, reinstalled nvidia drivers even reinstalled windows 10 and wiped everything. it just wont work. same problem as everyone above, white screen followed by "Titanfall 2 has stopped working" error.

the last comment on this was 2 months ago.... this can't still be a problem !!!
    i dont have MSI products... heaven forbid buying that ****....

• Kronvict
    I have the same problem as well. Has this issue been resolved yet?
  • VorgSchurk
    I had the same issue, but when I upgraded to 32g of ram, problem solved!

690 gtx nvidia
    I7 3.2
    dell ssd 200gb
  • Ok I have no idea why this works, but I seem to have fixed it. Right click the game, go to game properties and disable Origin in game. It works when I do that. I turned origin in game back on to check if it was a fluke, it crashed. No idea what this is fixing, but that seems to solve my problem. Will update if it crashes again even with that setting on.

this worked for me. after first having the install issue where it stops at 46 % (for me) I had to uninstall and reinstall the vc++ runtime packages or whatever. then i got a white screen then not responding error on startup, but turning off origin in game fixed it. just sharing my struggle here
  • this same issue is happening with me and i still can't get it to work.
  • Parasztrokka
    2 postsPosts: 2
    I have a problem! My Titanfall 2 Quit withouth withe screen or error message , just stop working and after I must restart again. My pc better than the recommended settings. Idk why but just stop working maybe I must update the videocard but I have the latest version on GTX 1050 TI (TANFALL)
  • Megadragon33
    2 postsPosts: 3
    I have a similar problem but everytime I enter multiplayer it would just crash or it would say Titanfall 2 (Not Responding)
  • BL00DEE_Z wrote: »
    Has anyone had this issue? Every time I launch the game, I immediately get a white screen with the error that Titanfall 2 has stopped working and am booted back to the Origin launcher. I have the most recent Nvidia driver and am running on a MSI Stealth Pro laptop with an Intel 6 gen core I7 6700hq and a GEForce GTX 1060. Anyone know of a resolution to this issue? I tried repairing the game and got it to launch successfully once but since then, it crashes every time. Any help would be very greatly appreciated!

• Titanfall 2 dosent work for me too and i have intel core i 3 and the game runs well just the problem of not working or reasponding i think its not the graphic or fps issue its something with orgin or the game itself