Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Infinite "Data center: searching.."

«13
DryTEKx
0 postsPosts: 2
Platform: PC
Can you reproduce this issue 100% of the time: Yes
Details on how to reproduce the issue: Open game and there is infinte loading of "Data center: searching"
Region: EU
ISP: vasesit
Connection speed: Download - 16.80 Mbps, Upload - 4.62 Mbps
Video link:
CPU: i5-4460
GPU: GTX 760
Memory: 16GB
OS: Windows 10

Comments

  • I got the same but in Australia
  • the same from Spain, code 408
  • HarperP47
    1 postsPosts: 1
    Found a fix that worked for me! So the 'disable network adapter' fix does work, but in a very strange way for me. I have a usb wi fi adapter in my pc.

    Okay so I went to control panel > network and internet > network connections. From there I only had ethernet and Wi-Fi. Right clicking on Ethernet and hitting disable and then launching titanfall 2 fixed the issue, I was placed into the sydney data centre within about 10 seconds.

    This fix will only work if you are using wifi, if you are using ethernet try disabling any other adapters that come up.

    This is clearly a very strange bug but at least it's playable now!
  • thanks so much i dont know why that messed with it but thanks
  • Our team is working to outline any troubleshooting issues we have been alerted on that helped other users. We will be adding to this list through launch.
    Data Center Searching....
    Having multiple enabled network adapters might leave you in a state where you will not be able to get the proper data center list. Disable all adapters outside of the one you're using, and this should resolve the issue.

    Ya.. it has not worked for me at all..
  • BeRT10G
    1 postsPosts: 1
    edited October 2016
    Same in Russia, I use router with cable. Have single adapter in my connections
    upd: found old virtual network adapters. disabled them and everything works
  • R3SPAWn1
    2 postsPosts: 2
    Having Same Issues on PC
    Region: US
  • -SAGA-PLA
    1 postsPosts: 1
    I used the
    HarperP47 wrote: »
    Found a fix that worked for me! So the 'disable network adapter' fix does work, but in a very strange way for me. I have a usb wi fi adapter in my pc.

    Okay so I went to control panel > network and internet > network connections. From there I only had ethernet and Wi-Fi. Right clicking on Ethernet and hitting disable and then launching titanfall 2 fixed the issue, I was placed into the sydney data centre within about 10 seconds.

    This fix will only work if you are using wifi, if you are using ethernet try disabling any other adapters that come up.

    This is clearly a very strange bug but at least it's playable now!

    Used this method and it works! However when trying to launch multiplayer, it pops out error connecting to server with code name 408, any idea how to fix that?
  • R3SPAWn1
    2 postsPosts: 2
    this did not work for me!
  • thank you very much zirconspy, works for me
  • Turning off my other adapters did not work, restarting my computer did not work, logging out and exiting origin did not work. Please, I need help.
  • LittleAqm
    1 postsPosts: 1
    Have single connection... This fix is not for me...
  • rohatsu
    8 postsPosts: 9
    Had the same, connected the ethernet cable and problem gone. Now started working even via WIFI.
  • SpiderOoze
    2 postsPosts: 2
    I had the same problem on my PC. I was finally able to resolve it by doing the following:
    Open up: control panel->Network and Internet->Network and Sharing Center->change adapter settings.
    I am using wifi so I right clicked on my belkin wireless adapter and selected properties. Then I clicked on the "configure" button and selected the advanced tab. I have many options listed but I selected Multimedia/Gaming Environment and changed the value to "Enabled" and clicked OK. I was then able to connect to the Data Centre machines. This is probably slightly different depending on what wifi adapter you have. Good Luck!
  • Ronin78MG
    2 postsPosts: 3
    Absolute Joke

    Playing this on the xbox one and was playing multiplayer fine last night now getting this **** error all day long. How is this error even a thing in this day and age. Absolute garbage service from EA.
  • SureshoTxRoY
    1 postsPosts: 1
    edited October 2016
    I can't believe I have to come to the site forums just to find assistance on this problem. You would think this would be a day-one hotfix so that people could actually play multiplayer, but since it's still not out yet how in the hel.l can we fix it? The "Disabling Network" Fix does not work for me. It's simply not a 100% of the time fix as stated. I have an ethernet cable that I guess I will try and stretch all the way to my **** wifi router now, but seriously. Push out a hotfix for this **** Respawn... I want to actually play something other than the new campaign that is the bread and butter of this franchise.
  • Javricks
    1 postsPosts: 1
    I have actually the same issue, and disabling networks adapters doesn't work.
    I just want to play, but i can't. I'm still waiting for a real fix...
  • D4rkphyb3r
    4 postsPosts: 4
    Yeah, disabling other network adapters seems to work for some, didn't help me at all. I get the same thing. I never have online problems with any game I play... so this is a strange one for me. Everything else network-related is working fine for me. Can we have the IP's of the server so I can do a traceroute or something? Is this a routing issue? Did somebody fat-finger a subnet mask somewhere? Maybe somebody added a static route somewhere they shouldn't have? I tried to run Wireshark to see what's going on... then I found out that I can't capture traffic from my USB network adapter for some reason? I have the feeling this issue is somehow related to Wireless. How many people here still having the issue are connecting over WiFi?
  • Anyone have a fix for this yet? Disabling my Ethernet doesn't work.
  • ARDust
    3 postsPosts: 3
    Still broken for me. The adapter change didn't work for me either. Will probably just go get a refund at this point.
  • D4rkphyb3r
    4 postsPosts: 4
    I wonder if it's somehow tied to the driver for my USB wifi adapter? It is technically using the Windows 7/8.1 driver because that's all that was available. For the most part it works fine, but ever since the Window Anniversary update, things have been weird with wireless. This PC isn't close to the modem so I can hardwire to this thing. I'm thinking of getting a new USB adapter which has official Windows 10 certified drivers.
  • Kryotopic
    2 postsPosts: 2
    The problem is you CAN´T PLAY Titanfall 2 online whit a Wifi connection i speak today whir one of the ea centre and he was telling me that i should use a Lan connection to play TF 2 great 60 € for nohting TY EA and RESPAWN !!!!!!
  • I had the same issue. Disabling my ethernet didn't help but I can confirm disabling all my hidden network drives in Device manager help[ed. . Open TF2. Disable every network device. Then re-enable the network device you want to use. Also go to show "hidden" devices in the view tab of device manager to disable any devices. Here's my device manager layout. I posted a picture of my device manager here. http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Can-t-find-Data-Centre-or-Servers-No-MP/m-p/5661660/highlight/false#M221
  • D4rkphyb3r
    4 postsPosts: 4
    Kryotopic wrote: »
    The problem is you CAN´T PLAY Titanfall 2 online whit a Wifi connection i speak today whir one of the ea centre and he was telling me that i should use a Lan connection to play TF 2 great 60 € for nohting TY EA and RESPAWN !!!!!!

    Well.... I really hope that is not the case, and if it is, they plan on fixing it. My PC is upstairs and my modem is downstairs and I've played every type of game you can imagine over wifi without an issue. That doesn't make any sense. I didn't buy this game for it's single player... if I can't play multiplayer then this game is useless to me.
  • Djakebar
    2 postsPosts: 2
    Yeah ok so you need to reset your wireless adapter every time you need to gain access to the servers while the game is open.
    Just worked for me. for how long, who knows
  • Sledge70
    148 postsPosts: 227 Community Manager
    As an update:

    As outlined in our Known Issues thread, our team is working to resolve this problem, so players do not have to disable devices manually. The workarounds do work, and we know what the issue is, it just takes time to test and roll out the update. We have to make sure the changes don't break other things within the game.
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer70
    Sledgehammer70
  • PeaceMakerNG
    3 postsPosts: 3
    edited October 2016
    Tried the solution in the FAQ of disabling all other network cards, but this didn't work for me. Titanfall2 multiplayer was working on my PC but just stop working today and i get Data Center Searching.... All my other EA game including Titanfall 1 are working fine and are able to do multiplayer.
  • dusted2755
    1 postsPosts: 1
    Sledge70 wrote: »
    As an update:

    As outlined in our Known Issues thread, our team is working to resolve this problem, so players do not have to disable devices manually. The workarounds do work, and we know what the issue is, it just takes time to test and roll out the update. We have to make sure the changes don't break other things within the game.

    As other have said in this thread, your fix seems to fix a very small majority of the users having this issue. For example disabling my network devices did not change anything. I have tried a DNS flush as well along with a couple restarts and issue is still occuring.
  • Sledge70
    148 postsPosts: 227 Community Manager
    edited October 2016
    dusted2755 wrote: »
    Sledge70 wrote: »
    As an update:

    As outlined in our Known Issues thread, our team is working to resolve this problem, so players do not have to disable devices manually. The workarounds do work, and we know what the issue is, it just takes time to test and roll out the update. We have to make sure the changes don't break other things within the game.

    As other have said in this thread, your fix seems to fix a very small majority of the users having this issue. For example disabling my network devices did not change anything. I have tried a DNS flush as well along with a couple restarts and issue is still occuring.

    Have you tried disabling all devices and enabling your primary device? Also make sure you do not have hidden devices. Flushing the DNS will not resolve the issue. The direct problem is how the game is looking at the specific adapters.
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer70
    Sledgehammer70
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!