Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

CoD: IW Beta is available to everyone. Thoughts?

2»

Comments

• TRICL0PS
    395 postsPosts: 402 ✭✭✭
    TrueMH999 wrote: »
    TRICL0PS wrote: »
    Played it for a few hours today and I really didn't like it. The game feels like a re-skinned and worse version of Black Ops 3.

- Movement is slow and clunky compared to Black Ops 3 and especially Titanfall 2.

- The TTK is way too fast. You die almost instantly when you get shot. Except for when you're benefiting from..

- Poor hit detection. There are often times when you put an entire clip into an enemy player but don't get a single hit marker.

- Awful spawns. Spawning and then immediately getting shot at is a common occurrence in this game. Most likely because...

- Maps are too small and cluttered. Playing Terminal again was nice but the other maps are just awful, especially Frontier.

- The game is very bland and generic looking. Lots of washed out colors. It's easy to lose track of enemy players at times because of how much they blend into the blandness of the maps.

- Weapon variants. I hated these in Advanced Warfare and I wasn't glad to see them back. They completely throw off the weapon balance. Some of these guns have game breaking perks too. Add in the fact that you can unlock specific weapons with salvage now and it makes them even worse. Players who spend more money and open more supply drops will have a lot more salvage than players who don't. Everyone can eventually unlock these guns but people who spend money will get a huge shortcut to them.

- Quick scoping. I don't know if the hit boxes are bigger or if they increased the aim assist on the snipers but quick scoping is out of control in this game. Every match in the beta is a sniper fest.

Anyone who had a problem with the TTK and movement speed in Titanfall 2 or thinks Respawn turned the game into COD should seriously play Infinite Warfare. This is the alternative to TF2 and it's far worse is every aspect.

Titanfall provides a somewhat unique experience, so there are no direct substitutes. However, there have been many FPSs released/going to be released this year, so Infinite Warfare is hardly the only alternative.
    What I meant by Infinite Warfare being the alternative to Titanfall 2 is that these are the only 2 fast paced, futuristic FPS games coming out the rest of this year. Infinite Warfare is a lot closer to TF2 than BF1 and they're being released within a week from each other. I think most people who want this type of game will choose one over the other instead of getting both.

For the rest of the year perhaps, but there are were other fast paced FPSs released this year.

Doom and Overwatch would be two. And due to them being released earlier this year, when holidays roll around sales will be even better.
    True, but Doom and Overwatch came out 5 months ago and have made the majority of their sales already. Infinite Warfare and Titanfall 2 are going to sell more than those games this holiday season because they are newer, COD for sure. There are probably a lot of Doom and Overwatch players that are ready for something new as well.
    As for CoD vs Titanfall, I seriously think it's going to split between the diehard fans and anyone who wants to play a futuristic FPS. Infinite Warfare will probably make a load of money anyway mostly because it's CoD, but there are so many CoD players who hate where the series is going that will probably turn to RTF2 because it was already futuristic and at least it has giant robots.

Especially since RTF2 has pilots-only and coliseum modes. It's a great way to introduce new players to the style and movement of Titanfall without them getting consistently blown up by giant robots. It'll also keep any ambitious quick-scope players away from Attrition, Amped Hardpoint, etc.
    I agree. With the last 2 CODs being fast paced shooters with boost jumping and wall running it should be easier for COD players who like that play style, but don't want to buy Infinite Warfare, to transition over to Titanfall 2.

A lot of the problems that people have with Infinite Warfare don't exist in Titanfall 2 either. TF2 is a much smoother running game with better hit detection, spawns, and dedicated servers. There are tons of COD players who hate supply drops, weapon variants, and having to pay $50 for DLC every year too. Once those players find out that all the post launch maps, modes, and weapons in TF2 are free that could be very enticing for them to make the switch.

Also, many of the things that scared people away from the first Titanfall have been changed. There's a ton of new content, modes without AI and titans, the smart pistol is less prominent, etc. I don't expect it to outsell IW but with all the negativity surrounding that game I think TF2 has a good chance to take a portion of COD's player base away this year.

I'm not talking about sales. I'm talking about people desiring a fast paced futuristic FPS have these to choose from as well, rather than just Infinite Warfare or Titanfall 2. There's also Homefront: The Revolution, and the majority just looking for a fast FPS, their options expand tremendously.
    I'm talking specifically about 2 new games that are coming out soon and directly competing with each other this holiday season. Infinite Warfare and Titanfall 2 are more like alternatives to one another because of how comparable they are and their release dates being so close. I don't know why that's so difficult to understand.

Just a misunderstanding, no need to rude.
    I wasn't trying to be, and I'm sorry if you took it that way, but I thought it was pretty clear what I meant and it wasn't worth derailing the thread over.
  • TRICL0PS
    So I tried playing some more of the IW beta tonight and while looking through the different Rigs I found this:

http://xboxclips.com/TR1CL0PS/screenshots/db6b5596-cfe9-49c8-8c9e-0e6c467c9e8b

Seriously, what are the odds? There has to be a mole working at Respawn lol.
  • TheMattIdentity
    315 postsPosts: 321 ✭✭✭
    So I tried playing some more of the IW beta tonight and while looking through the different Rigs I found this:

Holy ****. That's definitely not a coincidence. I'm of the opinion that the Widowmaker sniper rifle is also not coincidentally the exact name of the sniper in Overwatch (who is arguably one of the most well-known characters).
  • lamb_EAOrigin
    740 postsPosts: 779 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I've come to the conclusion, that nothing at the games content mattered at the end. The connection from game to game is just so incositent, that it was pure gambling if something was effective or not. One game, a weapon seemed good, then, a few people left, others joined and i couldn't get a hit marker on anyone. That's the sole reason i could never play this, or any other P2P shooter, again. If i were a CoD fan, i would boycot any CoD until they added apropriate dedicated servers.

Holy ****. That's definitely not a coincidence. I'm of the opinion that the Widowmaker sniper rifle is also not coincidentally the exact name of the sniper in Overwatch (who is arguably one of the most well-known characters).

There's more. I was thinking about making a list of things which are very similiar/identical. For example the Mission Teams, the spectre like Synaptic rig and this black hole thing/gravity star. I'm pretty sure "old friends" have had a chat on regular basis throughout the development of the two games.
  • TheMattIdentity
    edited October 2016
    Realistically, how difficult would it be to change the name of a weapon? The first time my brother saw the name "Widowmaker," he let out the most disappointing groan I've ever heard.

I'll have to disagree about the synaptic rig looking like a spectre, though. It's way more robot-like, with the exposed shoulders and chest, and has a much longer head, not to mentioned the legs being actual legs. And it can turn into a 1HK robot dog, called a Reaper, which is ALSO a name from Overwatch. Lol.

I dunno. Are they hoping that IW will be so popular that those names will be associated with their game instead of Overwatch? Because a quick Google search of "Widowmaker" shows that Overwatch has an unbelievable lead.
  • zuwarrior80
    229 postsPosts: 244 ✭✭✭
    This beta had it all y'all.
    Bad spawning.. check
    P2P lag comp... check (after $bils of profit, you'ld think there's DServer)
    Everyone look the same.. check (I shot at my teammate more in 3 hrs of Beta than I can remember other COD.. combine).
    Unbalance guns.. check (variants are powerful and no unique id)
    Bad hit detection.. check
    Sluggish movement... check
    Require 1 set of perk to play ... check (ghost/blindeye)

It has a new problem: Randomness.

I got NV4 variant with extra ammo. So i stacked it with extended mag: now my NV4 has 56 rounds. Yup, it is now officially a machine gun. I killed 2 dudes, 1 dude jump in thought i was reloading.. nope.. hosing his behind too. And there are more of them.

I wasn't planning to get IW. But the free beta nailed shut that door for me.

• TheMattIdentity
    I might upload a couple clips to Twitter that I think are funny/cool. If I do I'll let you guys know.
  • TheMattIdentity
    edited October 2016
    This beta had it all y'all.
    Bad spawning.. check
    P2P lag comp... check (after $bils of profit, you'ld think there's DServer)
    Everyone look the same.. check (I shot at my teammate more in 3 hrs of Beta than I can remember other COD.. combine).
    Unbalance guns.. check (variants are powerful and no unique id)
    Bad hit detection.. check
    Sluggish movement... check
    Require 1 set of perk to play ... check (ghost/blindeye)

It has a new problem: Randomness.

I got NV4 variant with extra ammo. So i stacked it with extended mag: now my NV4 has 56 rounds. Yup, it is now officially a machine gun. I killed 2 dudes, 1 dude jump in thought i was reloading.. nope.. hosing his behind too. And there are more of them.

I wasn't planning to get IW. But the free beta nailed shut that door for me.

I'm playing my own custom gun game to justify my garbage KDR (no primary, start with a pistol, take the weapon from your first kill, use it to get the next kill, take that weapon, continue), and it's actually improved my gunplay. With the pistol, anyway.

You're right about everyone looking the same, though. I've opened fire on teammates more than once.
  • TRICL0PS

There's more. I was thinking about making a list of things which are very similiar/identical. For example the Mission Teams, the spectre like Synaptic rig and this black hole thing/gravity star. I'm pretty sure "old friends" have had a chat on regular basis throughout the development of the two games.
    Yeah, this has been going on for 3 CODs now starting with Advanced Warfare. Since Titanfall 1 was first revealed things have been showing up in COD games that are suspiciously similar to that game. Now, both Titanfall 2 and Infinite Warfare have an identical ability with the same exact name. This just can't be a coincidence.

I think "random" is the best word to describe Infinite Warfare. With the poor hit detection, super fast TTK, awful spawns, tiny maps, weapon variants, and op rig perks winning gun fights feels more random than based on skill.
  • TheMattIdentity
    Well, the Beta is officially closed. Thanks for commenting. Feel free to continue discussing the beta, though.
  • TPoppaDiddyPuff
    798 postsPosts: 821 ✭✭✭✭
    Fun story: I was playing 4v4 and three guys on the other team quit at the end of the round. Rather than balance the teams or cancel the next match due to insufficient players, the next round was 4v1. So team balance is nonexistent.
    I'm sure the game was trying to find other players to bring into the match. The game isn't going to autoswitch players just because someone quits out. That would be cruel. I can't imagine of a worse way of handling quitters than punish the players that beat the quitters so bad that it made them quit. People wouldn't put up with it and I'd like to point out that Titanfall doesn't punish winners like that either, thankfully.
    rarfarfar wrote: »
    If CoD so bad why it have good sales every year?
    Fun factor. Good selection of guns across multiple classes, plenty of maps, but most importantly a level progressions system and score/killstreaks. Both provide some sort of gratification.

I don't think so. I think it's because CoD is "cool." All the pros play it (so to speak). I also think a lot of the sales come from irresponsible parents who buy it for their underage kid because that's what they always want, again because it's cool. I do not like those parents.
    CoD is not "cool." Look at all the downvotes on the IW reveal trailer. Literally the most hated video ever seen on the internet.

ProfArs should check out my activity feed since he talks a lot of smack and gets threads locked before they can respond. Also he doesn't believe in the existence of PS4s. : |
  • TPoppaDiddyPuff
    unctheels wrote: »
    i just really feel that COD IW is that bad.
    You're not wrong. It might be the worst CoD to date, dethroning Ghosts in the process.
    Played it for a few hours today and I really didn't like it. The game feels like a re-skinned and worse version of Black Ops 3.

- Movement is slow and clunky compared to Black Ops 3 and especially Titanfall 2.

- The TTK is way too fast. You die almost instantly when you get shot. Except for when you're benefiting from..

- Poor hit detection. There are often times when you put an entire clip into an enemy player but don't get a single hit marker.

- Awful spawns. Spawning and then immediately getting shot at is a common occurrence in this game. Most likely because...

- Maps are too small and cluttered. Playing Terminal again was nice but the other maps are just awful, especially Frontier.

- The game is very bland and generic looking. Lots of washed out colors. It's easy to lose track of enemy players at times because of how much they blend into the blandness of the maps.

- Weapon variants. I hated these in Advanced Warfare and I wasn't glad to see them back. They completely throw off the weapon balance. Some of these guns have game breaking perks too. Add in the fact that you can unlock specific weapons with salvage now and it makes them even worse. Players who spend more money and open more supply drops will have a lot more salvage than players who don't. Everyone can eventually unlock these guns but people who spend money will get a huge shortcut to them.

- Quick scoping. I don't know if the hit boxes are bigger or if they increased the aim assist on the snipers but quick scoping is out of control in this game. Every match in the beta is a sniper fest.

Anyone who had a problem with the TTK and movement speed in Titanfall 2 or thinks Respawn turned the game into COD should seriously play Infinite Warfare. This is the alternative to TF2 and it's far worse is every aspect.

Titanfall provides a somewhat unique experience, so there are no direct substitutes. However, there have been many FPSs released/going to be released this year, so Infinite Warfare is hardly the only alternative.
    What I meant by Infinite Warfare being the alternative to Titanfall 2 is that these are the only 2 fast paced, futuristic FPS games coming out the rest of this year. Infinite Warfare is a lot closer to TF2 than BF1 and they're being released within a week from each other. I think most people who want this type of game will choose one over the other instead of getting both.

For the rest of the year perhaps, but there are were other fast paced FPSs released this year.

Doom and Overwatch would be two. And due to them being released earlier this year, when holidays roll around sales will be even better.
    Doom might be the only multiplayer game released this year that's worse than IW. And Overwatch is the slowest movement of the four games mentioned. It's a solid TF2-clone, but is not the same type of action that IW much less Tf2 offers.
    As for CoD vs Titanfall, I seriously think it's going to split between the diehard fans and anyone who wants to play a futuristic FPS. Infinite Warfare will probably make a load of money anyway mostly because it's CoD, but there are so many CoD players who hate where the series is going that will probably turn to RTF2 because it was already futuristic and at least it has giant robots.
    In truth it's doubtful. While I like Tf2 way more than IW, I'm one of the few that likes the future scifi setting and the double jumps that hasn't already pledged allegiance to either side. The CoD fans who hate IW are more likely to go to BF1 because of the "boots on the ground" trope. A good half of the CoD community hate IW regardless of how well it plays. It could be great and they'd still complain. The same thing they hate about IW is the qualities IW shares with Tf2. Those people will not be converted. The other half are arguably up for debate but BF is a more popular series so it's going to get more recognition and IW still comes with Modern Warfare Remastered for an extra $20 so those people are unlikely to plunk down another $60 on a very similar shooter. And then there's part of that group that looks at their options and simply will save their money and continue playing BO3 because for them BO3 has everything they want and it's free to play at this point because they already bought it a year ago.

As of right now I think Tf2 is the best most exciting new option on the table this year, but you'd be hard pressed to convince others of that realistically. The release date basically means the game was sent off to die which is a shame because it's very good from what we've seen and looks like it's going to be a vast improvement over the original. If the game was released around the time of the Tech Test or even late September it would have a much better chance. I just don't see it taking any potential sales away from either behemoth in the industry.
    hsarb wrote: »
    Well, normally I enjoy COD to varying degrees, but this beta is awful. I hear complaints about TTK in titanfall, but wow. Snipers are insanely imbalanced, and the parkour and jump mechanics are clunky.

Losing momentum when you jump, wall run, or slide is silly. Furthermore, every weapon barring the sniper feels exactly the same to me.

I don't know. Some of my buddies refuse to play titanfall for whatever reason, so they want me to pick up COD..... I don't wanna.
    Yep. They finally fixed snipers in BO3 by removing AA but increased sniper ADS turn speed which still handled it better than Tf1, but regressed back to the old style in IW that has plagued the series since at least CoD4. BO3 has handled snipers better than any other Call of Duty-style shooter to date.
    There are a couple good points for CoD, though:

1. Sprinting doesn't cancel reloading. In previous games, you could be halfway through putting a new magazine into your rifle, but if you started sprinting, the animation cancelled and so did your reload. In IW, the animation continues to completion even if you start running, so you have a fresh magazine when you turn a corner and run into someone.
    2. No 1HK combat knife melee. Now you hit them with your weapon HALO-style and it's a 2HK. You have to equip a combat knife as your secondary weapon for the 1HK, which is actually kind of cool. It's a bit more realistic, and you have a chance to escape or return fire if you get hit from behind.

The first one is one of the things that keeps me playing the beta. I still die extremely fast from being quick-scoped from everywhere. The first sniper rifle you get literally says "One-hit kill above the waist" in the description. IN THE DESCRIPTION. You take a bullet to the shoulder at any range, you're dead.

Also, one CoD rifle is hilariously named "Widowmaker," which (in case you've been living under a rock for the past six months) is the name of the sniper in Overwatch, which is actually a pretty big disadvantage for CoD because Overwatch is a lot of fun and Widowmaker is incapable of 1HK quick-scoping (if you don't play Overwatch, her rifle has to charge up for a few seconds while scoped to achieve a 1HK).
    I agree with your assessment of #2. I wish 1HK melees were gone from every game including melee weapons. People still bumrush. It's skill compression.

Widowmaker is a fairly common term or name. It's not a disadvantage to either side.
    ProfArs should check out my activity feed since he talks a lot of smack and gets threads locked before they can respond. Also he doesn't believe in the existence of PS4s. : |
  • TheMattIdentity
    CoD is not "cool." Look at all the downvotes on the IW reveal trailer. Literally the most hated video ever seen on the internet.

I didn't say IW was cool. I said CoD (as a whole) is "cool."
  • xIK0N88x
    822 postsPosts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I seen a variant for a gun that said "decreased hip-fire spread" and it stacked with the perk that decreases hip-fire spread... that is weak and such an unfair advantage.
  • TPoppaDiddyPuff
    I didn't say IW was cool. I said CoD (as a whole) is "cool."
    Well, whichever, The franchise keeps selling because it is overall fun to many people even if individual titles in the series aren't fun like IW or Ghosts or MW3.
  • BrummieRich
    37 postsPosts: 38
    It's utterly dreadful.
  • TheMattIdentity
    It's utterly dreadful.

Read the OP, mate.