Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Battlefield 1

2»

Comments

• DocktahBubbles
    114 postsPosts: 130 ✭✭
    @crabman169

It felt slow in relation to Battlefield 4. And I just don't like the whole WW1 thing that much, but that's just me.
  • crabman169
    950 postsPosts: 1,005 ✭✭✭✭
    @crabman169

It felt slow in relation to Battlefield 4. And I just don't like the whole WW1 thing that much, but that's just me.

Fair enough; did you adjust the fov? Apart from the tanks and planes your fov may have accounted for infantry being slow. Plenty of people reckon it's too fast. Add in the bayonet charge.

I'm loving it (as much as I'm **** at Dice for how they butchered the setting) this was the battlefield I've been waiting for since bf2. Unfortunately Verdun has been delayed for Xbone so I've got next to nothing to play till release :/
    15 hours to 100% TF2
  • DocktahBubbles
    114 postsPosts: 130 ✭✭
    crabman169 wrote: »
    @crabman169

Fair enough; did you adjust the fov? Apart from the tanks and planes your fov may have accounted for infantry being slow. Plenty of people reckon it's too fast. Add in the bayonet charge.

I'm loving it (as much as I'm **** at Dice for how they butchered the setting) this was the battlefield I've been waiting for since bf2. Unfortunately Verdun has been delayed for Xbone so I've got next to nothing to play till release :/

Nah I didn't touch the FOV, but I don't think that would have helped my experience. And I did factor in the bayonet charge, but it felt a little silly that the only time you could run that fast is if you wanted to stab somebody lol. Again, WW1, but i'm pretty sure people were still in shape :3.

It may just be that my battlefield won't be til the next one (I'll still give it another try after release, btw.) , but that's ok. I'll have Scorch to keep me warm at night.
  • crabman169
    @crabman169

Nah I didn't touch the FOV, but I don't think that would have helped my experience. And I did factor in the bayonet charge, but it felt a little silly that the only time you could run that fast is if you wanted to stab somebody lol. Again, WW1, but i'm pretty sure people were still in shape :3.

It may just be that my battlefield won't be til the next one (I'll still give it another try after release, btw.) , but that's ok. I'll have Scorch to keep me warm at night.

If you do end up getting it adjust the fov to max. Woah. There might be some
    Fov comparison footage on YouTube.

Sprinting faster then bayonet charging as you have that cooldown period which slows you down to walking pace.

It's gonna be like bf4 and Titanfall again for me with having to juggle the two.
    15 hours to 100% TF2
  • TRICL0PS
    395 postsPosts: 402 ✭✭✭
    Not my thread but I like to stay on topic when I can.

Did you get a chance to try out the beta?
    Oops, for some reason I thought this was your thread lol.

I did try the beta but I didn't really have a good time with it. I thought the graphics were great and loved the feeling of being in battle during WW1 but there were too many things about the game that bothered me. I know sniping is a very viable playstyle in BF games but it was a little out of control with how many people were sniping in the BF1 beta. The almost completely wide open map probably contributed a lot to this. It made playing the objective a nightmare.

Also, tanks feel way too powerful. Assault is supposed to be the class to destroy these things but most of the time felt completely useless against them. Add in people sniping you from afar as you're trying to take out a tank from up close and you're going to have a miserable time. The game also had a lot of bugs and felt very laggy at times. I know this was just a beta and a lot of these things can be fixed but overall it just wasn't the kind of game I can see myself continuing to play, especially after TF2 comes out. Going from the TF2 tech test to the BF1 beta felt like someone put shackles on my legs.

I enjoyed BF:BC2, BF3, BF4, and even BF: Hardline but I just can't get into BF1. I think that the WW1 setting probably isn't the best for a BF game. Maybe for a single player campaign but not multiplayer.
  • crabman169

Right in the feels :'(
    15 hours to 100% TF2
  • crabman169

Just wow.
    15 hours to 100% TF2
  • crabman169
    15 hours to 100% TF2
  • xIK0N88x
    818 postsPosts: 853 ✭✭✭✭
    The campaign does look awesome, not gonna lie.
  • crabman169
    Ik0n88 wrote: »
    The campaign does look awesome, not gonna lie.

I'm so stoked about the ANZACs.

What is gonna make the singleplayer even better is the majority that reckon dice does the worst singleplayer.
    15 hours to 100% TF2
  • xIK0N88x
    I'm not a huge fan of Battlefield because I don't like the clunky gameplay but I've always enjoyed their single-player.
  • crabman169

:#
    15 hours to 100% TF2
  • laddie13
    383 postsPosts: 418 mod
    I think the campaign looks interesting, but I've never been a fan of Battlefield's MP, its way too slow paced for me. I'll try it out on EA Access but probably won't purchase until the price drops as I only want it for the single player portion.
  • xIK0N88x
    Nice.

I had a decent amount of fun in the beta, it was WAY better than Infinite Warfare... jeez that game was awful.
  • laddie13
    To each his own, I hated the Battlefield 1 beta, but loved Infinite Warfare!
  • xIK0N88x
    edited October 2016
    laddie13 wrote: »
    To each his own, I hated the Battlefield 1 beta, but loved Infinite Warfare!

Really? Man it's just so far gone from what CoD is to me.. and the BF1 wasn't that good to me but it was much more fun than IW. This was my reaction too... if the BF1 part was replaced with Titanfall lol..

• laddie13
    I think Activision needs to stop relying on the COD title for all of their shooters. Perhaps marketing Infinite Warfare as a new non-COD franchise would get it some respect. Eh, I had fun with it and I'm looking forward to the full game.
  • xIK0N88x
    Perhaps if that game came out and had nothing to do with Call of Duty, maybe.. maybe not though because the gameplay is what turned me off. I also despise pay to win models, I got a "rare" Sniper that had an infinite hold breath duration trait, that's nonsense.
  • zuwarrior80
    229 postsPosts: 244 ✭✭✭
    @laddie13 @xIK0N88x how is the spawning or how is the anticipating enemy's spawning?

I hate it so much in BO3 when enemy consistently spawn behind me.
  • crabman169
    @laddie13 @xIK0N88x how is the spawning or how is the anticipating enemy's spawning?

I hate it so much in BO3 when enemy consistently spawn behind me.

You should be right (I haven't play tdm/Dom/war pigeons yet so I've got no idea if they are good or plain broken). Some conquest flag you can get a general idea of where you want to spawn but sometimes It can be a little bit out of the way on certain maps.

15 hours to 100% TF2
  • crabman169
    6rITTKvh.jpg

It's pretty good :)
    15 hours to 100% TF2
  • War_MachineXL
    246 postsPosts: 269 ✭✭✭
    I stopped playing BF1 when I noticed in the beta it had the same horrid netcode. Hitting other planes with the anti-tank cannon in a dog fight only to see puffs of smoke really put me off.
  • crabman169

Available Dec 13th for premium and pre-orders
    Available Dec 20th for everyone

And it's free
    15 hours to 100% TF2