Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

PSVR

laddie13
383 postsPosts: 418 mod
Has anyone else picked up the PSVR? It's my first foray into VR and I'm liking it way more than I expected. I've been playing Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, and I'm finally starting the game that I've most been looking forward to, Here They Lie. The PSVR has seriously renewed my love of horror games. The "Kitchen" demo was exceptionally freaky. It helped that I didn't know what it was going in although I do recall reading about it after I found out its true identity. I haven't really tried much of any other genre yet, but the brief RIGS demo I played was fantastic, giant mech sports combat! It makes me wonder what VR Titanfall would be like.

Comments

• zuwarrior80
    229 postsPosts: 244 ✭✭✭
    I think once VR matured, games like Titanfall will be awesome in the new format. Hopefully, this happens in my lifetime... lol
  • xIK0N88x
    822 postsPosts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    Probably sounding like an old man with the "get off my lawn" here but I can't stand VR or 3D. I hope the fad dies slowly. I like my games with a controller in my hands and a screen in front of me (don't need anything on my head lol).
  • laddie13
    383 postsPosts: 418 mod
    I didn't think I'd like it either, but it's really amazing. You don't get that level of immersion in any other experience. It's really renewed my interest in the horror genre.
  • zuwarrior80
    VR is made for horror genre. Can you imagine turning around and see a monster right behind you..... i'll have a heart attack. I can't wait to try though..lol
  • xIK0N88x
    I don't know, I like classic horror that tries to scare you without turning the volume all the way down and then BLASTING it in your ear. That's not horror. Jump scares belong in a haunted house, not a video game.

I always try stuff though so when I get a chance I'll definitely check out VR but I really can't see myself liking it at all.
  • zuwarrior80
    @xIK0N88x i think you just give VR developers idea: Haunted House VR's tours.
  • xIK0N88x
    I've seen some Haunted Houses using 3D glasses and wanted to try that but there are none where I live.
  • Covfam3
    293 postsPosts: 298 ✭✭
    I got it and EVE Valkyrie, very happy with both.
    Americans: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.
  • zuwarrior80
    @Covfam3 can you give us some review on it? Thanks
  • Covfam3
    293 postsPosts: 298 ✭✭
    I'm assuming your talking about EVE Valkyrie. It's quite fun to play and really feels like you're fighting for your life as you weave in and out of gun fire. The head tracking is accurate, it feels quite balanced, and it's generally just fun to play. A couple minor things would be.
    1. This game uses head tracking for things like rockets and some guns, this does me it's the most intense on the headset itself. It does fine, but even with it tightened on you nice and tight, sometimes you still have to move it around because it gets blurry.
    2. While the graphics are really good, it IS still running on the PSVR, and you notice the slightly pixaleted graphics much more then other games. You get used to it, and in a match your not thinking about it, but it does sometimes break the immersion.
    3. There is not to much in the way of content. There are only three types of ships and each one plays mostly the same. (There is enough of a difference to make it OK though.) There are only about 5 maps to play on, and three modes.
    Over all, it's really fun to play even with a couple issues. Its number 1 purpose for me was to keep me busy for two weeks until Titanfall came out, and it did that very well.
    Americans: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.
  • TPoppaDiddyPuff
    798 postsPosts: 821 ✭✭✭✭
    Respawn should really make a Titan-only VR game. I think it would go over amazingly well and give a place for a lot of the old Tf1 guard to get what they really want rather than the changes necessary for Tf2. Give 'em regenerating shields, customization, an extra boost dash, 1st person animations, etc. Once the game is centered solely around the titans, changes like those can be made without repercussions to the game as a whole. Imagine how cool it would be to play. :)
    ProfArs should check out my activity feed since he talks a lot of smack and gets threads locked before they can respond. Also he doesn't believe in the existence of PS4s. : |
  • John46734
    15 postsPosts: 18
    Titanfall vr would be great ejecting from a titan and wall running would be fun Mirror edge would also be a good fit
    The psvr is good It will be interesting to see how it improves as devs get used to it and what does and doesn't work