Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Crashing during campaign mode

BDRMrAtlas
1 postsPosts: 2
edited February 2019
Having repeated crash issues in campaign mode,
Error code looks like a DX error but you're devs will likely figure this one out.
I'm just playing the game, no others games have this issue either.

PC Specs, Intel i7 3820, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM, Sparkles GTX 680 Founders Edition GPU 2GB, EVGA X79 SLI Motherboard.
Windows 10 (latest build and fully up to date)
Titanfall-Crash-Error-Code.png

Comments

• Magikf1ngers
    4727 postsPosts: 4,783 mod
    You have a giant bottleneck with that GPU. The minimum specs for Titanfall 2 is a 660 GTX - recommended specs is a 1060 GTX 6 gb card.

I'd recommend making sure that your Nvidia drivers are fully up to date (they just released new drivers today), and look at upgrading that GPU.
    Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • Apres avoir battu ASH , je passe le tunnel et en arrivant au chargement de fin mon jeu crash a chaque fois et je ne peut pas faire la campagne suivante
  • You have a giant bottleneck with that GPU. The minimum specs for Titanfall 2 is a 660 GTX - recommended specs is a 1060 GTX 6 gb card.

thanks for the replay and this is a late response but here we go, I can play Apex legends on a solid 50 fps and pubg on 65fps, give my rigs 7yo it's doing well, on titanfall 2 I got well over 100fps so it's not the GPU bottlenecking, I noticed that turning overlays off like Nvidia's shadow play and Discord overlay and Origins overlay it would make things more stable but it still crashes with the same error report, given the game is built on the source engine I believe this might be the issue, reason for the conclusion is that rarely Apex legends throws up the same error, code for code and it uses the same engine as titanfall 2 just more modified.
    Sadly EA will not update or sort this issue out despite it been an engine issue.

Also motherboard only supports up to the 900 series nvidia card to my knowledge a 1060 is out of the question sadly.
    Thanks though Magikfingers.
  • Magikf1ngers
    4727 postsPosts: 4,783 mod
    BDRMrAtlas wrote: »
    You have a giant bottleneck with that GPU. The minimum specs for Titanfall 2 is a 660 GTX - recommended specs is a 1060 GTX 6 gb card.

thanks for the replay and this is a late response but here we go, I can play Apex legends on a solid 50 fps and pubg on 65fps, give my rigs 7yo it's doing well, on titanfall 2 I got well over 100fps so it's not the GPU bottlenecking, I noticed that turning overlays off like Nvidia's shadow play and Discord overlay and Origins overlay it would make things more stable but it still crashes with the same error report, given the game is built on the source engine I believe this might be the issue, reason for the conclusion is that rarely Apex legends throws up the same error, code for code and it uses the same engine as titanfall 2 just more modified.
    Sadly EA will not update or sort this issue out despite it been an engine issue.

Also motherboard only supports up to the 900 series nvidia card to my knowledge a 1060 is out of the question sadly.
    Thanks though Magikfingers.

I'm all for running a machine into the ground LOL - my last rig before I built this one had components that were a decade old.

As far as AL - it's on the Source engine as well. That's part of my problem with it - the Source engine feels so out of date, even though I know it's been updated and whatnot - because it still has problems that it had at launch in 2004, but I digress, it's not related to this.

So - two posts in EA Help forums that might help:

1. There's some troubleshooting steps for it, as people are having issues with Apex Legends, so most of this is centered around AL (but as you said - it's the Source engine) - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Engine-Error-0x887A0006-DXGI-ERROR-DEVICE-HUNG/td-p/7543131
    2. Official Pinned thread on this issue - they're asking for more information: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/DXGI-Error-info-gathering/m-p/7538285#M23274

In the second one, one of the things it's asking for is the readout from your dxdiag - if you need some step by step instructions on how to do that, they're linked from the opening post for #2, and if you're still having problem, let me know, and I can post up the steps here.

Please come back and let me know how it goes. I hope you can get this fixed - issues like this are as frustrating as ****. Good luck!
    Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot