Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Pilot Concepts (with pictures!!!)

cruel_compassion
4 postsPosts: 6
edited October 26
eedc7e5510c68d53a2ca.jpg

Comments

• cruel_compassion
    4 postsPosts: 6
    edited October 26
    014162fcac3d2d506e90.jpg
  • Magikf1ngers
    4417 postsPosts: 4,467 mod
    First - cool drawings for sure!

Second - I'd rather see Titanfall 3 get Pilots back into more human forms / military look. I'm not a big fan for the way the Pilots look in 2 already. I don't want to see Titanfall franchise fall into an anime looking thing - I have nothing against Anime - I grew up with my own enjoyment of it from the old, nearly stop-motion Speed Racer, to Star Blazers, Akira, and from that time frame. I just don't want to see Titanfall get 'cartoony' (to borrow from @ensc1 )
    Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • I really only liked the female assault class from Titanfall one, and the one that looks like Droz. Overall I like the design decision they took with Titanfall 2. The phase pilot design was especially innovative I think because it showed how going into another dimension would require you to be less human like. The stim pilot design was cool too, and cloak etc. Honestly, the only one I didn't like was grapple. Also I didn't like Jack Cooper's helmet. For most of the designs, they sort of fit their tacticals while grapple seems just random.

The reason it looks cartoony is because it's not a realistic game concept. Giant robots will never be practical, so going with a hyper realistic feel will be sort of dishonest to that fact. I do love Titanfall 1. In some ways better than Titanfall 2, but I can understand why they went in that direction. It appeals to younger audiences better, and let's face it, if the game is going to be successful, it has to tap that market. Old gamers are always maturing out of that habit and into real life.

Given the huge jump in style and gameplay from Titanfall 1 to Titanfall 2, I sort of trust respawn to do their thing. For you and me they should just come up with a Titanfall 1 legacy edition where they remaster the graphics, update the gameplay to handle like Titanfall 2, and INCLUDE SLIDING!!
    I would play that game forever.
  • Magikf1ngers
    4417 postsPosts: 4,467 mod
    I really only liked the female assault class from Titanfall one, and the one that looks like Droz. Overall I like the design decision they took with Titanfall 2. The phase pilot design was especially innovative I think because it showed how going into another dimension would require you to be less human like. The stim pilot design was cool too, and cloak etc. Honestly, the only one I didn't like was grapple. Also I didn't like Jack Cooper's helmet. For most of the designs, they sort of fit their tacticals while grapple seems just random.

The reason it looks cartoony is because it's not a realistic game concept. Giant robots will never be practical, so going with a hyper realistic feel will be sort of dishonest to that fact. I do love Titanfall 1. In some ways better than Titanfall 2, but I can understand why they went in that direction. It appeals to younger audiences better, and let's face it, if the game is going to be successful, it has to tap that market. Old gamers are always maturing out of that habit and into real life.

Given the huge jump in style and gameplay from Titanfall 1 to Titanfall 2, I sort of trust respawn to do their thing. For you and me they should just come up with a Titanfall 1 legacy edition where they remaster the graphics, update the gameplay to handle like Titanfall 2, and INCLUDE SLIDING!!
    I would play that game forever.

Old Gamers.

Yeah. I'm 50 years old, and I'm not going to stop playing anytime soon, Sonny. I've been playing since the first online multiplayer games were introduced - starting with the earliest linked arcade pods to play Battle Tech head to head in the mid '80s. I know for a solid fact I'm not the only one, not even the only one that participates in these forums.

Realistic Game Concept.

Yeah, it's futuristic, militaristic, sci-fi FPS simulation. That does not equal anime and cartoonish. TItanfall 2 pushed the cartoonish aspect right to the edge, but didn't quite go over. I know there's others that feel that it did.

However, I'd love to see it go back to a more realistic look and feel than going over to anime / cartoon. If it stepped any further into the cartoon / anime realm, it would drive me away from the franchise, and I know for a fact it would drive a ton of players away for good.

Again, it's not that I don't enjoy the anime artwork or the old-style anime movies. That was just really coming to the states in more than a handful of cartoons back in the olden times of the early '80s when I was in high school, and I really loved a lot of it. Akira, Star Blazers, Ranma, many others from that time. There used to be (I'm not entirely sure it's still there) a store here in Seattle at the Pike Place Market that thrived on selling that on old VHS and Betamax tapes, and selling models and miniatures from those movies and TV series. At one time, I had a big models that I put together of the Yamato and the Andromeda that I put together. So it's not that I don't still like the anime world - but I don't want that in a video game. It makes me feel like I'm in Hello Kitty land.

The cartoonish aspect of Titanfall has gone far enough, and shouldn't go any further. Your Vortex Pilot drawing is good - but it looks like the aliens from the movie District 9. That's not a bad thing, except it doesn't fit in the Titanfall universe.
    Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot