Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Cheater caught

Magikf1ngers
4485 postsPosts: 4,538 mod
This is how cheaters need to be dealt with, IMHO.

Click Here
Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot

Comments

• Hrafn-Fel
    3553 postsPosts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's good but 5 year ban for cheating? Back in my day :trollface: when we got banned it was life time ban.

A dice (BFV) dev got banned from CODBOPS4 by the anti cheat software. He wasnt cheating he is just really good. The dice dev even put up a video of the game right before the ban. He was killing it with head shots and supposedly the software picks up on if you get too many and bans.
  • Magikf1ngers
    4485 postsPosts: 4,538 mod
    Hrafn-Fel wrote: »
    Yeah it's good but 5 year ban for cheating? Back in my day :trollface: when we got banned it was life time ban.

A dice (BFV) dev got banned from CODBOPS4 by the anti cheat software. He wasnt cheating he is just really good. The dice dev even put up a video of the game right before the ban. He was killing it with head shots and supposedly the software picks up on if you get too many and bans.

Yeah, and lifetime is what I'd rather see again, but this is a good start.

If that's how COD is catching cheaters, then that's not the right way. I don't know - I've been so up in Titanfall and nothing else that I've lost a little touch with the anti-cheat software - but I remember the Punkbuster days where the main part of the check was integrity check on the game. AFAIK the cheats work with an "injector" where it actually modifies game codes. Sometimes they're the old TSR style (Terminate and Stay Resident) programs, however, I don't think they work that way much anymore.

I just know something needs to be done. Last night (I Have this on video, so I need to edit it and get it up) there was a guy in an attrition match on Dry Dock that was blatantly cheating. I was coming up the stairs from the big open area to that "hallway" that opens into the hangar bay, and as I touched the bottom of the stairs, a guy went shooting by at full stim, and when I got to the top of the stairs, while at full stim, he spun, headshot, and spun and went back on his original course.

I watched the replay SEVERAL times and did not see even the tiniest hint of me in his peripheral, there was no pulse blade active, no map hack - nothing at all. Just a sudden spin, shoot, spin, go.

He went on to continue on, and in a game where the next highest score (if memory serves) wound up around 115-120, he got a score of almost 300.

This type of blatant cheating (I know some people are just good - but this is ridiculously over the top) is really about to drive me off of Titanfall 2 for good. I love this franchise, and I don't want to feel that way, but it's getting so god damned frustrating to play that it's just not fun anymore.

Battlefield V is coming - and at least the first few months of that should be at least (relatively) mostly cheater free.
    Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • Hrafn-Fel
    3553 postsPosts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30
    oops wrong topic