Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

0x887a0005 Engine Error

Every time I finish a match in multiplayer, the game crashes and gives me the above error code. It only happens with titanfall 2. I have followed MANY online tutorials on how to fix the issue myself, no success. All software is updated correctly. I've even gone as far as to completely wipe and rebuild my computer! Only work around is to run the game in windowed borderless. However, I lose about 30 fps making it very difficult to play.

Here are my specs:
Processor: Intel Core i5-4210m [email protected]
Memory: 8GB RAM
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M (High Performance Use)
Intel HD Graphics 4600
930GB Hard Drive

If there's any more information I can give please ask!

Comments

• Magikf1ngers
    4490 postsPosts: 4,543 mod
    edited September 12
    That is a video driver error.

It means usually one of things:

1. Your video card is on it's way to the big motherboard in the sky.
    2. It's not seated properly in the PCI slot of your motherboard
    3. Your power plug for the video card is not plugged all the way in.
    4. Your drivers are massively out of date.

Obviously - I'd start with #4 - especially since the M designation after the card name indicates it's a laptop of some sort.

That would mean visiting your laptop's manufacture website, as many times the factory nVidia drivers from nvidia.com won't always work.

So that's how I'd start - update those drivers. If you *have* updated them from nvidia.com - then I'd restore the computer back to a point before you did, or do a wipe and restore from the factory media (be it a disc, a hidden partition, what have you - with a 930 gb hard drive, my guess is there's a hidden partition on your laptop) - your laptop's manufacturer's website will have instructions on how to do that.

Assuming neither one of those fixes it, I'd contact the support for your laptop and give them that error code, tell them what you've done to troubleshoot, and see if they have anything else. Hopefully you're under warranty in case there's a hardware repair to be done.

Good luck.

Remember - this isn't EA support, this is a fan forum, and i'm by no means an EA employee or anyone like that. I'm just a guy with 30+ years of computer experience dating back to the early 1980s.
    Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot