Welcome to the Titanfall 2 Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Titanfall 2 and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Battlefield V open beta discussion

13»

Comments

• Hrafn-Fel
    3553 postsPosts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19
    So - I just figured out I can change the support from Engineer to Machine Gunner.

That, among other things, makes it so that any enemy troops that get suppressed by your fire spots the enemy troops.

I accidentally figured this out during a match when I was trying out a new weapon I unlocked - and it literally turned the battle around for us. After we won, there was a bunch of comments about "Wow, whoever was spotting - that was awesome!"

They do really need to shore up the Medic class. It feels vastly underpowered right now.

I have been focused on medic atm trying to unlock weapons. It just drives me crazy cause the class description says it's weapons are great in medium distance fights. The SMGs suck against other weapons unless you are in CQC and hip fire. I also noticed they took away the grenade launcher and gave it to the assault.

I will have to try the machine gunner when I unlock it next level. I had glanced at it but haven't unlocked it. I was interested in it but now I will definitely try it.
  • Magikf1ngers
    4485 postsPosts: 4,538 mod
    It's fun - I saw it unlocked at level 8 (not sure what level it unlocks at), but in two maps I gained two levels because of spotting bonuses. I also was able to unlock the ammo crate instead of the pouch, so that helped, too.

I want to play medic, and get good with it, but they need to do something with the Medic's weapons. It's actually getting rare to see an actual Medic being played already.
    Come find me on the PC side - Magikf1ngers - network SLACKERS UNITED

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • Hrafn-Fel
    It's fun - I saw it unlocked at level 8 (not sure what level it unlocks at), but in two maps I gained two levels because of spotting bonuses. I also was able to unlock the ammo crate instead of the pouch, so that helped, too.

I want to play medic, and get good with it, but they need to do something with the Medic's weapons. It's actually getting rare to see an actual Medic being played already.

I actually swapped to the glass lens scope and did well. The circle with the yellow reticle but it's hard to see with the glass lenses. They need to remove the dirt or haze it has over them.
  • Hrafn-Fel
    @Magikf1ngers how ou s the medic population on pc?

Ps4 I counted a fee times out of 32 people its normally 1 - 4 medics. Medic has been butchered it seems and nobody plays it. Everyone is assault / recon with some support mixed in.
  • Magikf1ngers
    Hrafn-Fel wrote: »

Ps4 I counted a fee times out of 32 people its normally 1 - 4 medics. Medic has been butchered it seems and nobody plays it. Everyone is assault / recon with some support mixed in.

Yeah, same on the PC - medics are pretty rare. I've been playing mainly support, with some Medic thrown in, but it's mostly Recon, with Assault being a close second.

There's a lot of issues shaking out now that it's fully available - nothing that I feel DICE can't fix, but some that are pretty big. Like on Breakthrough on Twisted Steel - once the bombers start, game over for everyone else on the ground. The AA is so wide spread and easily destroyed, you don't have any chance to shoot them down.

As much as I like the KE-7 as well, it's accuracy is abhorrent, especially when it's on the bipod. (Meaning, I expect it to be bad fired from the hip). Shotguns, once again, are way overpowered - people are sniping with them. That's always been an issue with Battlefield, though.

Game is still good, but a lot of the same issues keep coming up and it's just .. tiring.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
  • Hrafn-Fel

Yeah, same on the PC - medics are pretty rare. I've been playing mainly support, with some Medic thrown in, but it's mostly Recon, with Assault being a close second.

There's a lot of issues shaking out now that it's fully available - nothing that I feel DICE can't fix, but some that are pretty big. Like on Breakthrough on Twisted Steel - once the bombers start, game over for everyone else on the ground. The AA is so wide spread and easily destroyed, you don't have any chance to shoot them down.

As much as I like the KE-7 as well, it's accuracy is abhorrent, especially when it's on the bipod. (Meaning, I expect it to be bad fired from the hip). Shotguns, once again, are way overpowered - people are sniping with them. That's always been an issue with Battlefield, though.

Game is still good, but a lot of the same issues keep coming up and it's just .. tiring.

It's rare to see shotguns on ps4 and the KE-7 people are crying its OP. I have my support all epic now. Got my gold skin weapon and class outfit. My medic is like 16 but it's really bad. The planes are OP I agree and the AA guns suck.
  • Magikf1ngers
    You've gotten a lot further into it than I have. I haven't gotten but about half of the skins unlocked for the KE-7, and I'm not even sure what level I have him to.

Medic - I like playing Medic. If you play AS a Medic instead of an assault class that can also revive, it's super easy to rack up points for the squad. I just played a match of conquest as squad leader / medic and we got #1 squad, and I was able to call in two of the V-1 rockets.

I just hope they do some patching soon - I'm tired of everyone's crying if nothing else lol

• Hrafn-Fel
    You've gotten a lot further into it than I have. I haven't gotten but about half of the skins unlocked for the KE-7, and I'm not even sure what level I have him to.

Medic - I like playing Medic. If you play AS a Medic instead of an assault class that can also revive, it's super easy to rack up points for the squad. I just played a match of conquest as squad leader / medic and we got #1 squad, and I was able to call in two of the V-1 rockets.

I just hope they do some patching soon - I'm tired of everyone's crying if nothing else lol

What gadget do you use? I find the crates are useless on ps4 nobody uses them. It's really rare to get point for somebody using medic/ammo crate.

My medic I use the main class with pouches and revive everyone in sight. Shooting people I all but gave up on with SMGs i mainly use the hand gun. My medic has 2 SMGs left to get. I'm looking forward to the level 16 gun to try. I had a game kinda the same as you. Just spamming bandages and revive we blew every squad away in points.
  • Magikf1ngers

What gadget do you use? I find the crates are useless on ps4 nobody uses them. It's really rare to get point for somebody using medic/ammo crate.

My medic I use the main class with pouches and revive everyone in sight. Shooting people I all but gave up on with SMGs i mainly use the hand gun. My medic has 2 SMGs left to get. I'm looking forward to the level 16 gun to try. I had a game kinda the same as you. Just spamming bandages and revive we blew every squad away in points.

That's pretty much how I play. I tried the crate on a couple of matches, then gave up on it. It's not like it used to be where you just had to be in the proximity of the crate - now you have to actually interact with it (same with the Ammo crate, but people are more willing to do that for ammo). Handgun - 1911 is the best one of them as far as I can tell. But that's how I play Medic - just like you do.

• Hrafn-Fel

That's pretty much how I play. I tried the crate on a couple of matches, then gave up on it. It's not like it used to be where you just had to be in the proximity of the crate - now you have to actually interact with it (same with the Ammo crate, but people are more willing to do that for ammo). Handgun - 1911 is the best one of them as far as I can tell. But that's how I play Medic - just like you do.

I just tried the recon class after you've been talking about it. It is a lot of fun playing it as a recon class and not sniper. I love the throwing knife gadget it's so much fun. I really like that they have self loading rifles also. So you arent forced into bolt action snipers. Support is still my favorite so far but recon is fun.
  • Magikf1ngers
    Yeah, I really like that the recon isn't just sniper now. Technically - Recon isn't sniper at all - sniper is a class by itself in the military, works in two man teams, etc. That's why it drives me nuts that snipers are played the way they are in games. Just like bouncy effers in Titanfall being able to get head shots all day long with the Kraber. It just shouldn't be possible.

I love playing Recon and getting in behind enemy lines, and then quietly taking them out while they're focused in the other direction. I wish, when you dropped from the spawn planes, you could control when your parachute opened, I'd wait until last second so that I'd have less of a chance of getting detected.

• Hrafn-Fel
    Hey @Magikf1ngers does recon get any weapons that are good for close to med range? I'm talking more about self-loading that can pop off shots some what quick. I only have the model 8 open to use cant see the other 2 rifles specializations.
  • Magikf1ngers
    With recon - at level 16, you get the RSC Rifle - it's a semi-auto rifle, but it doesn't come with scope / etc, so it's more of a medium - long range. The ZH-29 that unlocks at recon level 10 is also a semi-auto, but it's more of a long range, and both feel like they take about 10 years to reload.

• Hrafn-Fel
    edited November 30
    With recon - at level 16, you get the RSC Rifle - it's a semi-auto rifle, but it doesn't come with scope / etc, so it's more of a medium - long range. The ZH-29 that unlocks at recon level 10 is also a semi-auto, but it's more of a long range, and both feel like they take about 10 years to reload.

Ok I just want something for close to med for recon and not sniping. So far my pistol and knives get me by at CQC. Just need something more reliable for close to medium. I will have to work on the level 16 rifle for a better short range sight.
  • Magikf1ngers

Ok I just want something for close to med for recon and not sniping. So far my pistol and knives get me by at CQC. Just need something more reliable for close to medium. I will have to work on the level 16 rifle for a better short range sight.

Yeah, I wish you could choose at least something like the M1 or the M3. (I'm hoping the M3 comes around later in an expansion - I can't believe they've overlooked the M3 in this game so far.)

• Hrafn-Fel
    Well update fixed SMGs it seems. They arent half bad now but still dont beat my MMG. 😎
  • Magikf1ngers
    Well update fixed SMGs it seems. They arent half bad now but still dont beat my MMG. 😎

I've been working hard in school and have only been able to get in for one round since the new patch. Hoping to have some time over the weekend. Anything else I should know about?

• Hrafn-Fel

I've been working hard in school and have only been able to get in for one round since the new patch. Hoping to have some time over the weekend. Anything else I should know about?
    They have a weekly Assignment rides of war (TOW) thing now if you finish the line you.get a weapon. You also get so towards chapter xp gives you skins and such.

The medic Tides of war line Fn blows. You gotta heal 400 hp with a crate... maybe it will be easy with PC cause you can type in chat. Buy on console it makes you want to smash your ps4. It took me hours and hours and hours just to get 100 healing. I healed one guy for 113 points I needed 100 and it didnt count the healing.

• Magikf1ngers

They have a weekly Assignment rides of war (TOW) thing now if you finish the line you.get a weapon. You also get so towards chapter xp gives you skins and such.

The medic Tides of war line Fn blows. You gotta heal 400 hp with a crate... maybe it will be easy with PC cause you can type in chat. Buy on console it makes you want to smash your ps4. It took me hours and hours and hours just to get 100 healing. I healed one guy for 113 points I needed 100 and it didnt count the healing.

Yeah, I've noticed that I get a lot of stuff that's not counted. I need to go check out the BF: V forums to see if it's a known issue that's going to be repaired or what. Not just for that challenge, but others, too. I'm having fun with the challenges, but they need to make sure it counts all the progress.

And no - getting people to interact with Medic crates in awful. I don't get it - I always hit it when I'm not a Medic just for that reason. It'd be nice if you could carry more than one bandage - that might help.

The SP part of the update - I blew through that almost with my eyes closed, except for that final stand part (That, admittedly, was designed to hand you your behind - won't go any further so there's no spoilers)

However - it's all new content. It's fun, and it's different from anything they've done with Battlefield before, so I'm happy. I haven't seen the new MP map for the Panzerfest or whatever it's called, though.

• Magikf1ngers
    Oh. Man. I just unlocked the M1A1.

DearHugeFrogmouth-size_restricted.gif